« Reply #285 on: June 18, 2014, 10:45:18 AM »

Mmmm, Edgar Hoills.  I really like those.  Morning, all.
As long as you know what they are. Morning, Joe.

« Reply #286 on: June 18, 2014, 10:48:40 AM »

Mmmm, Edgar Hoills.  I really like those.  Morning, all.
How did you know we were talking about those? Morning Joe, let me bring you up to speed: Fred and I are pissed about you sell-outs adopting old post counts, LTG is bragging about his and giving us the business, Edgar Hoill's cigars are good but his marketing sucks and Tony has no clear path with the whole post-count thing and continues to flip-flop like a fish out of water
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #287 on: June 18, 2014, 10:49:07 AM »

Mmmm, Edgar Hoills.  I really like those.  Morning, all.
forget the enabling Joe, Scott already made me buy them!

« Reply #288 on: June 18, 2014, 10:49:28 AM »

Only Hoill's I've had were the original OSOKs made by Room 101.
For whatever reason, I have a dislike for premium cigars that can't manage a band.  Its not cool, it's lazy, and unless you buy and keep them by the box, it's hard to keep track in aging.  Even RoMa Craft Cromagnon/Intemperance now have nice simple labels.
Funny Dave, I smoked the Edgar Hoill at CF13 then went back to talk to him about the cigar. I told him "great cigar but why did you put out a new cigar and hand out singles with no band?" He didn't like that but I told him the people who didn't smoke it here will never know what the hell it was
Some manufacturers seem to think it is cool or rustic or trendy.
That's fine, though I don't agree with it but if you're buying the cigar you have already identified it. When you're giving away singles at an event where guys are getting 80-100 cigars, make sure you have a label for your own good
Or at least a little baggie to put it in with a label behind it, like a lot of the 1-cigar samples from companies.
Perhaps a tea-baggie?

« Reply #289 on: June 18, 2014, 10:49:53 AM »

Mmmm, Edgar Hoills.  I really like those.  Morning, all.
forget the enabling Joe, Scott already made me buy them!
Which ones?

« Reply #290 on: June 18, 2014, 10:50:23 AM »

[...]
More or less, the same as the bucket :)
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #291 on: June 18, 2014, 10:52:24 AM »

Mmmm, Edgar Hoills.  I really like those.  Morning, all.
How did you know we were talking about those? Morning Joe, let me bring you up to speed: Fred and I are pissed about you sell-outs adopting old post counts, LTG is bragging about his and giving us the business, Edgar Hoill's cigars are good but his marketing sucks and Tony has no clear path with the whole post-count thing and continues to flip-flop like a fish out of water

Ha, I didn't even notice mine had switched until just now.  I really don't care either way.  Turn 'em off for all I care.  The 'congrats' posts are stupid.  For what? Typing 1,000 inane thoughts?  Woof!  Squack!  Sheesh!  Indeed!  Yeah, good work for coming up with those!  Not that I don't have 25,000 of those on my record, just sayin'.

I'm amazed that people get so upset about such a trivial thing.

Logged

Dalek

  • Newbie Status
« Reply #292 on: June 18, 2014, 10:53:17 AM »

Morning all.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #293 on: June 18, 2014, 10:54:02 AM »

Mmmm, Edgar Hoills.  I really like those.  Morning, all.
forget the enabling Joe, Scott already made me buy them!

Morning, FB.  Cam gave me a couple a while back, had never even heard of them at the time.  I've only had two sizes but I like the Vida most.
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #294 on: June 18, 2014, 10:55:45 AM »

Mmmm, Edgar Hoills.  I really like those.  Morning, all.
forget the enabling Joe, Scott already made me buy them!
Which ones?
The Vidas, I was teetering until you pointed out they were $4 a stick.

« Reply #295 on: June 18, 2014, 10:56:28 AM »

Mmmm, Edgar Hoills.  I really like those.  Morning, all.
How did you know we were talking about those? Morning Joe, let me bring you up to speed: Fred and I are pissed about you sell-outs adopting old post counts, LTG is bragging about his and giving us the business, Edgar Hoill's cigars are good but his marketing sucks and Tony has no clear path with the whole post-count thing and continues to flip-flop like a fish out of water

Ha, I didn't even notice mine had switched until just now.  I really don't care either way.  Turn 'em off for all I care.  The 'congrats' posts are stupid.  For what? Typing 1,000 inane thoughts?  Woof!  Squack!  Sheesh!  Indeed!  Yeah, good work for coming up with those!  Not that I don't have 25,000 of those on my record, just sayin'.

I'm amazed that people get so upset about such a trivial thing.
Who's upset? I'm over it!

« Reply #296 on: June 18, 2014, 10:57:50 AM »

[...]

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #297 on: June 18, 2014, 10:58:32 AM »

Mmmm, Edgar Hoills.  I really like those.  Morning, all.
forget the enabling Joe, Scott already made me buy them!
Which ones?
The Vidas, I was teetering until you pointed out they were $4 a stick.

Where are they $4?

« Reply #298 on: June 18, 2014, 10:59:54 AM »

Mmmm, Edgar Hoills.  I really like those.  Morning, all.
forget the enabling Joe, Scott already made me buy them!
Which ones?
The Vidas, I was teetering until you pointed out they were $4 a stick.

Where are they $4?
Cigarking.com. The box of 10 comes with 4 additional free, $56.76 free ship after 20% off

« Reply #299 on: June 18, 2014, 11:02:05 AM »

[...]
And with all that, welcome to whiny Wednesday.