Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 6/18/2014
« Reply #255 on: June 18, 2014, 10:03:02 AM »

18

« Reply #256 on: June 18, 2014, 10:03:51 AM »

Only Hoill's I've had were the original OSOKs made by Room 101.
For whatever reason, I have a dislike for premium cigars that can't manage a band.  Its not cool, it's lazy, and unless you buy and keep them by the box, it's hard to keep track in aging.  Even RoMa Craft Cromagnon/Intemperance now have nice simple labels.
Agreed.  Even worse than companies that use the same fucking label for every cigar, i.e., the original Camachos, most things Gurkha, and the likes.  For the money we pay per stick, can't you manage a 1¢ label?  Sheesh.

« Reply #257 on: June 18, 2014, 10:04:27 AM »

Good morning...HUMP DAAAAAYYYYYYYY!
Morning, 5 yellow stars.
I'm surprised at how many of you egotistical bastards are carrying over post counts, it's like Japanese baseball players' stats being carried into MLB
Hey, I had nothing to do with it. I logged in one morning and was suddenly 'esteemed'. Not that I wasn't already, but at least this made it official.
Yea, Antnee just did it for the top posters from CI, but some others had to ask for it.
Not really sure why but it annoys me, we all know who's who
I think it should be an all or nothing deal with the posts.  The Founding Member status can stay as is, IMO
Anthony can do what he wants, this is his creation, but congrats on milestone posts will not and should not be given because they were not earned here. Ain't that right Scotty?
Well Fred, I agree without looking to make this a huge thing. This site is a new start and a break-away from the old, tired CI banter in a way. I think post count congrats here would've been equally new and fresh if it was a count exclusive to here
I know it sounds petty, but it pisses me off. not that I matter.
That's it! I'm taking my ashtray and going back to the CI Banter!!
Don't worry, I've got a high post count there, too. ;)
Well at least it's legit over there
Here you go, this is for your post count-related tears. Feel free to share it with Fred Bob.

I just tea-bagged your bucket!

« Reply #258 on: June 18, 2014, 10:05:28 AM »

Fuck me! Cigar Kings 20% discount works on Edgar Hoills. God damn it! These were never on my radar until Ken started raving about them. Shit!
First one I had was the CF13 giveaway, really nice smoke
Hmmm, I don't remember that one.  So I either smoked it and don't remember it (not likely), gave it away (more likely), or it's still sitting in the corner of one of my humis (most likely).
It's a small odd shaped torpedo with no band
Now that's ringing a bell.  But I still don't know what the fuck happened to it.  Appreciate the pic though.
The one I got had some kind of makeshift band on it that he signed. He was doing it at the table as people were coming up.

« Reply #259 on: June 18, 2014, 10:06:42 AM »

18
Good morning, David.  I'll be looking for the EH tonight but if I can't find it, I know I have a OSOK somewhere.

« Reply #260 on: June 18, 2014, 10:08:10 AM »

Only Hoill's I've had were the original OSOKs made by Room 101.
For whatever reason, I have a dislike for premium cigars that can't manage a band.  Its not cool, it's lazy, and unless you buy and keep them by the box, it's hard to keep track in aging.  Even RoMa Craft Cromagnon/Intemperance now have nice simple labels.
Funny Dave, I smoked the Edgar Hoill at CF13 then went back to talk to him about the cigar. I told him "great cigar but why did you put out a new cigar and hand out singles with no band?" He didn't like that but I told him the people who didn't smoke it here will never know what the hell it was

« Reply #261 on: June 18, 2014, 10:08:17 AM »

[...]

I sat here for a couple minutes trying to come up with a response to that, but I got nothing.

« Reply #262 on: June 18, 2014, 10:08:46 AM »

Only Hoill's I've had were the original OSOKs made by Room 101.
For whatever reason, I have a dislike for premium cigars that can't manage a band.  Its not cool, it's lazy, and unless you buy and keep them by the box, it's hard to keep track in aging.  Even RoMa Craft Cromagnon/Intemperance now have nice simple labels.
Funny Dave, I smoked the Edgar Hoill at CF13 then went back to talk to him about the cigar. I told him "great cigar but why did you put out a new cigar and hand out singles with no band?" He didn't like that but I told him the people who didn't smoke it here will never know what the hell it was
Maybe you were why he started signing them. Haha.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 6/18/2014
« Reply #263 on: June 18, 2014, 10:08:54 AM »

18
Good morning, David.  I'll be looking for the EH tonight but if I can't find it, I know I have a OSOK somewhere.
EH Herf

« Reply #264 on: June 18, 2014, 10:11:45 AM »

Only Hoill's I've had were the original OSOKs made by Room 101.
For whatever reason, I have a dislike for premium cigars that can't manage a band.  Its not cool, it's lazy, and unless you buy and keep them by the box, it's hard to keep track in aging.  Even RoMa Craft Cromagnon/Intemperance now have nice simple labels.
Funny Dave, I smoked the Edgar Hoill at CF13 then went back to talk to him about the cigar. I told him "great cigar but why did you put out a new cigar and hand out singles with no band?" He didn't like that but I told him the people who didn't smoke it here will never know what the hell it was
But you were right to say something.  It's just bad marketing.  Assholes like me now don't know where the damn thing ended up.  I probably threw it in the "Donate to the Troops" box.

« Reply #265 on: June 18, 2014, 10:14:17 AM »

Only Hoill's I've had were the original OSOKs made by Room 101.
For whatever reason, I have a dislike for premium cigars that can't manage a band.  Its not cool, it's lazy, and unless you buy and keep them by the box, it's hard to keep track in aging.  Even RoMa Craft Cromagnon/Intemperance now have nice simple labels.
Funny Dave, I smoked the Edgar Hoill at CF13 then went back to talk to him about the cigar. I told him "great cigar but why did you put out a new cigar and hand out singles with no band?" He didn't like that but I told him the people who didn't smoke it here will never know what the hell it was
Some manufacturers seem to think it is cool or rustic or trendy.

« Reply #266 on: June 18, 2014, 10:15:49 AM »

Only Hoill's I've had were the original OSOKs made by Room 101.
For whatever reason, I have a dislike for premium cigars that can't manage a band.  Its not cool, it's lazy, and unless you buy and keep them by the box, it's hard to keep track in aging.  Even RoMa Craft Cromagnon/Intemperance now have nice simple labels.
Funny Dave, I smoked the Edgar Hoill at CF13 then went back to talk to him about the cigar. I told him "great cigar but why did you put out a new cigar and hand out singles with no band?" He didn't like that but I told him the people who didn't smoke it here will never know what the hell it was
But you were right to say something.  It's just bad marketing.  Assholes like me now don't know where the damn thing ended up.  I probably threw it in the "Donate to the Troops" box.
Probably thought it was a CI Reposado or a B&M house brand.

« Reply #267 on: June 18, 2014, 10:17:35 AM »

Here you go, this is for your post count-related tears. Feel free to share it with Fred Bob.

I just tea-bagged your bucket!
I sat here for a couple minutes trying to come up with a response to that, but I got nothing.
+1   -   I pondered something related to why Scott chose pink but in the end, I had nothing.

« Reply #268 on: June 18, 2014, 10:19:11 AM »

Ahhh fuck.  Now I'm gonna have to hear about my last post from Joe.  On a separate note, I hope Dusty is enjoying his vaca.

Phew!  I fixed it.  ;D

« Reply #269 on: June 18, 2014, 10:20:38 AM »

Ahhh fuck.  Now I'm gonna have to hear about my last post from Joe.  On a separate note, I hope Dusty is enjoying his vaca.
Hurry up and edit it!