Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2020, 01:52:34 PM »

Sounds like Washington will be retiring the Redskins name today, with a new name to come at a later time.
So what name they going to go with?  Washington DoNothings, Hypocrits, Lousy Politicians?  Elephants or Donkeys?
Swamp Thangs
I saw someone online today said we should go by the Wild Things, and use this as our logo. Gotta say, I didn't hate the notion.

Maybe adjust the hairstyle and lose the feathers, but we may be onto something here.

« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2020, 01:57:22 PM »

Been having trouble with the source site for Today in History.  Been delayed in putting up dates.  Had to use an alternate site that appears to have abbreviated it.  Better than nothing.
I think it's fine. Thank you for you perseverance.
His performance ladder of excellence has lost a rung or two, however.
Might have to look into docking his banter salary.
At the very least omit the sprinkles.

« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2020, 02:01:46 PM »

Let us begin week 18 of quarantine life.
Sounds like you need to get out? I had to chuckle I was at the stores over the weekend and anything recreational is completely Gone!
I'm pretty much only going out for essentials right now, though, we did venture out yesterday to get some shave ice. Went there because my youngest saw they were offering Harry Potter stuff, so I needed a butterbeer slush. But our county has had a spike in cases, so we're at a stage where masks are mandatory now if you're going somewhere, so not much going out for fun here.
I'm pretty much doing the same thing. Only going out for essentials but I'm staying active. Only golfed 3 times. Biking, dog walks, etc. I can see it now schools are trying to reopen. It's a cluster F.
Haven't golfed yet, and honestly, I don't really expect to this year. Though, have been going on walks with the kids, so trying to stay at least a little active.

And yes, the thought of them trying to open schools now is laughable at best. This thing had just started, and everyone made the right call to go remote for the rest of the year. Now, the number of cases in the country is many, many times what it was, and people are like, fuck it, I need the kids out of the house. There's just no good way to open schools, and anyone who tries is going to see a surge in cases. Maybe when teachers and kids start dying, people will get their heads out of their asses? We'll see, but somehow, I doubt it.
In Western NY we have a lot of private schools. Their future depends on reopening. They don't get all the funding from the state and many may close for good. Their operating budgets are based upon enrollment. Tough line to walk.
I suppose, if you consider choosing between keeping a school open or putting hundreds of kids and teachers lives at risk a tough line to walk.
Please don't take this the wrong way but you may have a different opinion on things if you were not able to work from home. I know way too many people out of work.
Oh absolutely, I'm lucky enough to be home, and I realize many people don't have the same ability. There's no one good solution here, but I do know that sending back the human petri dishes we call kids to an enclosed environment in the middle of an escalating pandemic is a bad solution.
Glad I don't have any skin in that game.  No good answer.  But kids would probably be more compliant in that setting over adults out and about socially.  HS would probably be least compliant and highest risk.  More so than college (except for the COVID parties... :(   ::)   >:()
I do have skin in the game. My wife is a teacher, my youngest son is a college student, and I have two grandnephews living with us (age 9 and 13). So even though I haven't had to go to the office since middle of March, and I still get my paycheck, I often feel like I'm living with unexploded ordnance in my home, wondering each day if this will be the day it decides to go off.

But I'm not possessed of any illusion that it's possible to create a utopia in this world where everyone will live forever in peace, harmony and safety if we just get rid of all the guns and redistribute all the wealth. People are gonna die prematurely, many unfairly and preventably, and that could include me, my wife, my kids, or my kin. It's a crapshoot.

Maybe I'm extra cynical today because the daughter of a longtime friend and coworker died a few days ago from massive brain-trauma incurred in a head-on collision. She was the same age as my #1 son, and like him was a band geek, and top ten scholar in high school. The horror of that is sobering. But what are yuh gonna do, y'know? It could happen to me today.
Good morning, Bret. I'm so sorry for your loss. Horrible thing to have happened. Really puts things into perspective.
Cheyenne McMahan.  Her dad and I traded stories about our kids growing up since they were 8.  Devastating.  RIP.
RIP indeed, I couldn't imagine that loss.
No parent should ever have to go through that. My heart breaks for those that do.

« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2020, 02:03:55 PM »

Been having trouble with the source site for Today in History.  Been delayed in putting up dates.  Had to use an alternate site that appears to have abbreviated it.  Better than nothing.
I think it's fine. Thank you for you perseverance.
His performance ladder of excellence has lost a rung or two, however.
Let's just say that there is no way to exceed expectations with that kind of performance. But he'll meet those expectorations every time!

« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2020, 02:20:57 PM »

Hazzuh!

« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2020, 02:45:57 PM »

[...]

Sorry for your loss Raz. God has a special place for her. He has to because my faith keeps me going.

« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2020, 02:57:39 PM »

Been having trouble with the source site for Today in History.  Been delayed in putting up dates.  Had to use an alternate site that appears to have abbreviated it.  Better than nothing.
I think it's fine. Thank you for you perseverance.
His performance ladder of excellence has lost a rung or two, however.
Let's just say that there is no way to exceed expectations with that kind of performance. But he'll meet those expectations every time!
TNWSS

« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2020, 03:01:33 PM »

[...]

Your faith, my faith, her faith, and her father's faith.

« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2020, 03:18:09 PM »

Ban all the scientists and their inconvenient facts...shame these folks don't share their "evidence"

“Everyone is lying. The CDC, Media, Democrats, our Doctors, not all but most, that we are told to trust. I think it's all about the election and keeping the economy from coming back, which is about the election. I'm sick of it,” Woolery wrote in a tweet shared by the president.

In another post Trump retweeted, Woolery claimed there exists “so much evidence, yes scientific evidence, that schools should open this fall. It's worldwide and it's overwhelming. BUT NO.”

« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2020, 03:20:33 PM »

Cooper and Figment, back together again.

« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2020, 03:55:21 PM »

Wow the Figster is getting big.

« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2020, 05:10:02 PM »

Cooper and Figment, back together again.
You can hardly tell where one dog ends and the other begins.

« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2020, 07:36:11 PM »

So I killed the banter, did I?

« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2020, 08:07:10 PM »

So I killed the banter, did I?
No you didn't yell Hazzuh and run like your day was done similar to Fred at the Slate rock and gravel company.

« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2020, 08:12:27 PM »

12 in the books. Smoking this turd  in the man cave and it's not half bad.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7