CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on May 05, 2020, 12:01:30 AM

Title: 5/5/2020
Post by: CigarBanter on May 05, 2020, 12:01:30 AM
Happy Tuesday! In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: bluecollar on May 05, 2020, 05:12:56 AM
Good morning. Boilers are humming. 33 degrees
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 05, 2020, 05:36:15 AM
Good morning. Boilers are humming. 33 degrees
Practically turned on the air conditioner the last couple of days. I guess that's what Spring is about.

Good morning, Rick.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 05, 2020, 05:45:54 AM
Cinco de Mayo AND Taco Tuesday? This has gotta be a great day, right?
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 05, 2020, 05:51:41 AM
Cinco de Mayo AND Taco Tuesday? This has gotta be a great day, right?
On paper, it sounds perfect!

Good morning, Dave.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 05, 2020, 06:19:44 AM
Cinco de Mayo AND Taco Tuesday? This has gotta be a great day, right?
On paper, it sounds perfect!

Good morning, Dave.
Gotta get back to the store later, forgot the soft shells yesterday. D'oh!
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: bluecollar on May 05, 2020, 06:37:03 AM
Good morning. Boilers are humming. 33 degrees
Practically turned on the air conditioner the last couple of days. I guess that's what Spring is about.

Good morning, Rick.
60 this past Sunday now my long range forecast is depressing.
Good morning Tony and Dave.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: bluecollar on May 05, 2020, 06:42:09 AM
Cooked shaved steak in a pan on the stove top yesterday. Mixed in peppers and onions. Then my flavorings. Leftovers for lunch.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 05, 2020, 06:46:38 AM
Cooked shaved steak in a pan on the stove top yesterday. Mixed in peppers and onions. Then my flavorings. Leftovers for lunch.
Had to double check and make sure this wasn't a Dean post.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 05, 2020, 06:47:34 AM
Good morning. Boilers are humming. 33 degrees
Practically turned on the air conditioner the last couple of days. I guess that's what Spring is about.

Good morning, Rick.
60 this past Sunday now my long range forecast is depressing.
Good morning Tony and Dave.
Got up to 75 this past Saturday, forecast for 44 this coming Saturday. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on May 05, 2020, 07:05:52 AM
good morning Rick, Tony, and Dave.

oil change for the truck at 11am.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on May 05, 2020, 07:07:48 AM
Good morning. Boilers are humming. 33 degrees
Practically turned on the air conditioner the last couple of days. I guess that's what Spring is about.

Good morning, Rick.
60 this past Sunday now my long range forecast is depressing.
Good morning Tony and Dave.
Got up to 75 this past Saturday, forecast for 44 this coming Saturday. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: Threebean on May 05, 2020, 07:22:56 AM
Cinco de Mayo AND Taco Tuesday? This has gotta be a great day, right?
Indeed.  Time for some carry-out margaritas!
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: Threebean on May 05, 2020, 07:26:27 AM
Good morning Dave, Dean, Tony, and StillChillyRick.  Mild day here with a chance of rain but probably not.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: bluecollar on May 05, 2020, 07:32:10 AM
Good morning Dave, Dean, Tony, and StillChillyRick.  Mild day here with a chance of rain but probably not.
Morning Mark and Dean. Oliva and coffee. Phone calls for meetings now mechanical checks.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 05, 2020, 07:37:51 AM
Cinco de Mayo AND Taco Tuesday? This has gotta be a great day, right?
On paper, it sounds perfect!

Good morning, Dave.
Gotta get back to the store later, forgot the soft shells yesterday. D'oh!
We're a hard shell family but we also need to restock.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 05, 2020, 07:39:15 AM
Cooked shaved steak in a pan on the stove top yesterday. Mixed in peppers and onions. Then my flavorings. Leftovers for lunch.
You're making me hungry. We grilled some burgers for dinner last night and I also have a couple left over.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 05, 2020, 07:40:16 AM
Good morning, Dean and Mark.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: Threebean on May 05, 2020, 07:43:30 AM
Cinco de Mayo AND Taco Tuesday? This has gotta be a great day, right?
On paper, it sounds perfect!

Good morning, Dave.
Gotta get back to the store later, forgot the soft shells yesterday. D'oh!
We're a hard shell family but we also need to restock.
I don't know who would prefer soft when hard is available....
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on May 05, 2020, 07:58:24 AM
how is that since March nobody knew or cared what day it was and now everyone knows it's Taco Tuesday and evaluating hard and soft meat vessels? 🙄
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 05, 2020, 08:09:18 AM
Cinco de Mayo AND Taco Tuesday? This has gotta be a great day, right?
On paper, it sounds perfect!

Good morning, Dave.
Gotta get back to the store later, forgot the soft shells yesterday. D'oh!
We're a hard shell family but we also need to restock.
I don't know who would prefer soft when hard is available....
TWSS!
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 05, 2020, 08:10:22 AM
how is that since March nobody knew or cared what day it was and now everyone knows it's Taco Tuesday and evaluating hard and soft meat vessels?
And your vote goes to? ...
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on May 05, 2020, 08:11:47 AM
how is that since March nobody knew or cared what day it was and now everyone knows it's Taco Tuesday and evaluating hard and soft meat vessels?
And your vote goes to? ...
we talking food or women?
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 05, 2020, 08:16:39 AM
Cinco de Mayo AND Taco Tuesday? This has gotta be a great day, right?
On paper, it sounds perfect!

Good morning, Dave.
Gotta get back to the store later, forgot the soft shells yesterday. D'oh!
We're a hard shell family but we also need to restock.
We do both. Got the hard shells, cause they come in the box with the seasoning. Totally spaced on the soft. TWSS
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 05, 2020, 08:18:54 AM
how is that since March nobody knew or cared what day it was and now everyone knows it's Taco Tuesday and evaluating hard and soft meat vessels? 🙄
This is no ordinary Taco Tuesday.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on May 05, 2020, 08:33:23 AM
breakfast.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 05, 2020, 08:42:51 AM
how is that since March nobody knew or cared what day it was and now everyone knows it's Taco Tuesday and evaluating hard and soft meat vessels?
And your vote goes to? ...
we talking food or women?
Now the thought of a hard taco is making me queasy.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 05, 2020, 08:44:10 AM
breakfast.
I was rummaging through my humidors and found a whole bunch of these La Palinas.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 05, 2020, 08:48:12 AM
Cinco de Mayo AND Taco Tuesday? This has gotta be a great day, right?
Mexican restaurants/bars are closed...
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 05, 2020, 08:52:11 AM
how is that since March nobody knew or cared what day it was and now everyone knows it's Taco Tuesday and evaluating hard and soft meat vessels? 🙄
Vessels you say?  Definitely want 'em soft!
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 05, 2020, 08:54:28 AM
how is that since March nobody knew or cared what day it was and now everyone knows it's Taco Tuesday and evaluating hard and soft meat vessels?
And your vote goes to? ...
we talking food or women?
Now the thought of a hard taco is making me queasy.
Agarrar su tobillos.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 05, 2020, 08:55:09 AM
Morning Tony, Rick, Dave, Dean and Mr. Bean.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 05, 2020, 08:58:58 AM
Today is Tuesday, May 5, the 126th day of 2020. There are 240 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On May 5, 1961, astronaut Alan B. Shepard Jr. became America’s first space traveler as he made a 15-minute suborbital flight aboard Mercury capsule Freedom 7.

On this date:
In 1494, during his second voyage to the Western Hemisphere, Christopher Columbus landed in Jamaica.
In 1818, political philosopher Karl Marx, co-author of “The Communist Manifesto” and author of “Das Kapital,” was born in Prussia.
In 1862, Mexican troops defeated French occupying forces in the Battle of Puebla.

In 1865, what’s believed to be America’s first train robbery took place as a band of criminals derailed a St. Louis-bound train near North Bend, Ohio; they proceeded to rob the passengers and loot safes on board before getting away.
In 1925, schoolteacher John T. Scopes was charged in Tennessee with violating a state law that prohibited teaching the theory of evolution. (Scopes was found guilty, but his conviction was later set aside.)
In 1942, wartime sugar rationing began in the United States.

In 1945, in the only fatal attack of its kind during World War II, a Japanese balloon bomb exploded on Gearhart Mountain in Oregon, killing the pregnant wife of a minister and five children. Denmark and the Netherlands were liberated as a German surrender went into effect.
In 1981, Irish Republican Army hunger-striker Bobby Sands died at the Maze Prison in Northern Ireland on his 66th day without food.
In 1985, President Ronald Reagan kept a controversial promise to West German Chancellor Helmut Kohl by leading a wreath-laying ceremony at the military cemetery in Bitburg.

In 1987, the congressional Iran-Contra hearings opened with former Air Force Maj. Gen. Richard V. Secord (SEE’-kohrd) the lead-off witness.
In 1994, Singapore caned American teenager Michael Fay for vandalism, a day after the sentence was reduced from six lashes to four in response to an appeal by President Bill Clinton.
In 2009, Texas health officials confirmed the first death of a U.S. resident with swine flu.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 05, 2020, 09:00:30 AM
Ten years ago: Preliminary plans for a mosque and cultural center near ground zero in New York were unveiled, setting off a national debate over whether the project was disrespectful to 9/11 victims and whether opposition to it exposed anti-Muslim biases. Three people, trapped in an Athens bank torched by rioters, died during a nationwide strike against the cash-strapped Greek government’s harsh austerity measures.

Five years ago: Secretary of State John Kerry made an unannounced trip to Somalia in a show of solidarity with a government trying to defeat al-Qaida-allied militants and end decades of war in the African country; Kerry was the first top U.S. diplomat ever to visit Somalia. President Barack Obama tapped Marine Gen. Joseph Dunford Jr., a highly respected combat commander, to be his next chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee declared his candidacy for the Republican presidential nomination.

One year ago: White House national security adviser John Bolton said the Pentagon was deploying an aircraft carrier and other military resources to the Middle East; a defense official later said there had been “clear indications” that Iran and its proxy forces were preparing to possibly attack U.S. forces in the region. A Russian airliner burst into flames while making an emergency landing in Moscow, killing 41 people; 33 others survived. “Avengers: Endgame” continued its global domination at the box office, crossing the $2 billion mark in record time on its way to becoming the highest-grossing film ever worldwide. Eagle-eyed viewers of “Game of Thrones” on HBO spotted a takeout coffee cup on the table during a scene in which the characters drank from goblets and horns.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 05, 2020, 09:10:14 AM
Today’s Birthdays:
Actress Pat Carroll is 93.
Former AFL-CIO president John J. Sweeney is 86.
Country singer-musician Roni Stoneman is 82.
Actor Michael Murphy is 82.
Actor Lance Henriksen is 80.
Comedian-actor Michael Palin is 77.
 John Rhys-Davies is 76.
Rock correspondent Kurt Loder is 75.
Rock musician Bill Ward (Black Sabbath) is 72.
Actress Melinda Culea is 65.
Actress Lisa Eilbacher is 63.
Actor Richard E. Grant is 63.
Former broadcast journalist John Miller is 62.
Rock singer Ian McCulloch (Echo and the Bunnymen) is 61.
NBC newsman Brian Williams is 61.
Rock musician Shawn Drover (Megadeth) is 54.
TV personality Kyan (KY’-ihn) Douglas is 50.
Actress Tina Yothers is 47.
Rhythm and blues singer Raheem DeVaughn is 45.
Actor Santiago Cabrera is 42.
Actor Vincent Kartheiser is 41.
Singer Craig David is 39.
Actress Danielle Fishel is 39.
Actor Henry Cavill is 37.
Rock musician Josh Smith is 37.
Actor Clark Duke is 35.
Soul singer Adele is 32.
Rock singer Skye Sweetnam is 32.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Chris Brown is 31.
Figure skater Nathan Chen is 21.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 05, 2020, 09:11:01 AM
Thought for Today: “Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.” [–] Admiral Hyman G. Rickover, “father” of America’s nuclear navy (1900-1986).
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on May 05, 2020, 09:22:56 AM
how is that since March nobody knew or cared what day it was and now everyone knows it's Taco Tuesday and evaluating hard and soft meat vessels? 🙄
Vessels you say?  Definitely want 'em soft!
my thoughts exactly!
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 05, 2020, 09:28:24 AM
Cinco de Mayo AND Taco Tuesday? This has gotta be a great day, right?
Mexican restaurants/bars are closed...
Couple Mexican restaurants around here are open for takeout, but going with the making at home route.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: Threebean on May 05, 2020, 09:33:56 AM
Cinco de Mayo AND Taco Tuesday? This has gotta be a great day, right?
Mexican restaurants/bars are closed...
Couple Mexican restaurants around here are open for takeout, but going with the making at home route.
Our restaurants are open for dine-in with 25% capacity limitations.  Warden and I went out to eat yesterday for the first time in 6 weeks.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 05, 2020, 09:36:48 AM
Cinco de Mayo AND Taco Tuesday? This has gotta be a great day, right?
Mexican restaurants/bars are closed...
Couple Mexican restaurants around here are open for takeout, but going with the making at home route.
Our restaurants are open for dine-in with 25% capacity limitations.  Warden and I went out to eat yesterday for the first time in 6 weeks.
Let the resurgence begin!
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 05, 2020, 09:38:32 AM
Cinco de Mayo AND Taco Tuesday? This has gotta be a great day, right?
Mexican restaurants/bars are closed...
Couple Mexican restaurants around here are open for takeout, but going with the making at home route.
Our restaurants are open for dine-in with 25% capacity limitations.  Warden and I went out to eat yesterday for the first time in 6 weeks.
Let the resurgence begin!
We had some stuff open up yesterday, like offices and whatnot. Still no date for restaurants.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: Threebean on May 05, 2020, 09:46:45 AM
Cinco de Mayo AND Taco Tuesday? This has gotta be a great day, right?
Mexican restaurants/bars are closed...
Couple Mexican restaurants around here are open for takeout, but going with the making at home route.
Our restaurants are open for dine-in with 25% capacity limitations.  Warden and I went out to eat yesterday for the first time in 6 weeks.
Let the resurgence begin!
We had some stuff open up yesterday, like offices and whatnot. Still no date for restaurants.
Wait staff wearing masks, sorta odd.  It's a small Asian place, and we were the lone diners at first. We decided to stick with the carry-out option until going out to eat feels more "normal" again.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 05, 2020, 10:03:19 AM
Cinco de Mayo AND Taco Tuesday? This has gotta be a great day, right?
Mexican restaurants/bars are closed...
Couple Mexican restaurants around here are open for takeout, but going with the making at home route.
Our restaurants are open for dine-in with 25% capacity limitations.  Warden and I went out to eat yesterday for the first time in 6 weeks.
Do I remember correctly that you said the Cuban restaurant I liked closed permanently?
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 05, 2020, 10:04:37 AM
Cinco de Mayo AND Taco Tuesday? This has gotta be a great day, right?
Mexican restaurants/bars are closed...
Couple Mexican restaurants around here are open for takeout, but going with the making at home route.
Our restaurants are open for dine-in with 25% capacity limitations.  Warden and I went out to eat yesterday for the first time in 6 weeks.
Let the resurgence begin!
Gotta start somewhere.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: bluecollar on May 05, 2020, 10:04:56 AM
Cinco de Mayo AND Taco Tuesday? This has gotta be a great day, right?
Mexican restaurants/bars are closed...
Couple Mexican restaurants around here are open for takeout, but going with the making at home route.
Our restaurants are open for dine-in with 25% capacity limitations.  Warden and I went out to eat yesterday for the first time in 6 weeks.
Let the resurgence begin!
We had some stuff open up yesterday, like offices and whatnot. Still no date for restaurants.
Cuomo is not gonna let anything open anytime soon.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: bluecollar on May 05, 2020, 10:07:39 AM
Morning Tony, Rick, Dave, Dean and Mr. Bean.
Morning Clemson Dave
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 05, 2020, 10:27:37 AM
Cinco de Mayo AND Taco Tuesday? This has gotta be a great day, right?
Mexican restaurants/bars are closed...
Couple Mexican restaurants around here are open for takeout, but going with the making at home route.
Our restaurants are open for dine-in with 25% capacity limitations.  Warden and I went out to eat yesterday for the first time in 6 weeks.
Let the resurgence begin!
We had some stuff open up yesterday, like offices and whatnot. Still no date for restaurants.
Cuomo is not gonna let anything open anytime soon.
Hard to blame him at the rate you guys are dropping.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 05, 2020, 10:34:48 AM

how is that since March nobody knew or cared what day it was and now everyone knows it's Taco Tuesday and evaluating hard and soft meat vessels?
And your vote goes to? ...
we talking food or women?
Now the thought of a hard taco is making me queasy.
Agarrar su tobillos.

I didn't know the word for ankles, thank you.

Good morning, ClemsonDave.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 05, 2020, 10:37:05 AM
Thought for Today: “Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.” [–] Admiral Hyman G. Rickover, “father” of America’s nuclear navy (1900-1986).
Rickover was a dick. AmIRight?!?
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 05, 2020, 10:50:16 AM
Thought for Today: “Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.” [–] Admiral Hyman G. Rickover, “father” of America’s nuclear navy (1900-1986).
Rickover was a dick. AmIRight?!?
He's got you right where he wants you!
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: Threebean on May 05, 2020, 11:03:08 AM
Cinco de Mayo AND Taco Tuesday? This has gotta be a great day, right?
Mexican restaurants/bars are closed...
Couple Mexican restaurants around here are open for takeout, but going with the making at home route.
Our restaurants are open for dine-in with 25% capacity limitations.  Warden and I went out to eat yesterday for the first time in 6 weeks.
Do I remember correctly that you said the Cuban restaurant I liked closed permanently?
Yes, long ago.  Can't recall what took its place; I haven't visited it.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: Threebean on May 05, 2020, 11:03:53 AM
Thought for Today: “Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.” [–] Admiral Hyman G. Rickover, “father” of America’s nuclear navy (1900-1986).
Rickover was a dick. AmIRight?!?
CNS
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: Threebean on May 05, 2020, 11:05:12 AM
The Place has some cheapy cheapo pricing in Rm 101 Ichiban fivers.  I don't know that I've smoked one, though.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 05, 2020, 11:05:19 AM
Cinco de Mayo AND Taco Tuesday? This has gotta be a great day, right?
Mexican restaurants/bars are closed...
Couple Mexican restaurants around here are open for takeout, but going with the making at home route.
Me too, got the Rose's, Padron, Cointreau....oh, I mean beef, seasoning, onions, shells, cheese, lettuce...
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 05, 2020, 11:08:23 AM
The Place has some cheapy cheapo pricing in Rm 101 Ichiban fivers.  I don't know that I've smoked one, though.
Well for good priced fivers, worth trying for yourself.  I found them to be well constructed by pretty bland.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on May 05, 2020, 11:12:13 AM
truck is in. got waiting utensils.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 05, 2020, 11:21:37 AM
truck is in. got waiting utensils.
But what will you do after lunch?
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 05, 2020, 11:22:36 AM
Having a late Breakfast.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: Threebean on May 05, 2020, 11:30:05 AM
The Place has some cheapy cheapo pricing in Rm 101 Ichiban fivers.  I don't know that I've smoked one, though.
Well for good priced fivers, worth trying for yourself.  I found them to be well constructed by pretty bland.
$2.60 each.  Might as well pick up some habano and connies at that price.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 05, 2020, 11:47:58 AM
Modern problems require modern solutions.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/drive-thru-strip-club-coronavirus-130000000.html
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 05, 2020, 12:07:15 PM
Modern problems require modern solutions.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/drive-thru-strip-club-coronavirus-130000000.html
You've got to appreciate that entrepreneurial spirit.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on May 05, 2020, 12:17:35 PM
never trust auto dealerships for current maintenance records.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on May 05, 2020, 12:18:09 PM
truck is in. got waiting utensils.
But what will you do after lunch?
Taco Bell drive thru.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 05, 2020, 01:25:58 PM
never trust auto dealerships for current maintenance records.
Fixed it for you.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: Threebean on May 05, 2020, 01:31:33 PM
never trust auto dealerships for current maintenance records.
Indeed.  With a straight face they'll tell you your car needs transmission or coolant service when they just did it a few thousand miles ago.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: Threebean on May 05, 2020, 01:32:38 PM
truck is in. got waiting utensils.
But what will you do after lunch?
Taco Bell drive thru.
:P
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: Threebean on May 05, 2020, 01:35:00 PM
Modern problems require modern solutions.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/drive-thru-strip-club-coronavirus-130000000.html
You've got to appreciate that entrepreneurial spirit.
I liked his original idea: Boober Eats food delivery.  Service with a smile and not much else.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on May 05, 2020, 01:40:35 PM
never trust auto dealerships for current maintenance records.
Fixed it for you.
price quoted by dealer, and maintenance that should have been done when I bought the truck was more than twice what I just had done at my tire/oil change shop.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: Threebean on May 05, 2020, 01:49:49 PM
never trust auto dealerships for current maintenance records.
Fixed it for you.
price quoted by dealer, and maintenance that should have been done when I bought the truck was more than twice what I just had done at my tire/oil change shop.
It's been said that the rise of electric and decline of internal combustion vehicles will shake up the entire dealership model.  They rely on maintenance for a good part of their profit, and electric cars need very little in comparison.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 05, 2020, 02:14:14 PM
never trust auto dealerships for current maintenance records.
Fixed it for you.
price quoted by dealer, and maintenance that should have been done when I bought the truck was more than twice what I just had done at my tire/oil change shop.
It's been said that the rise of electric and decline of internal combustion vehicles will shake up the entire dealership model.  They rely on maintenance for a good part of their profit, and electric cars need very little in comparison.
You're breaking my heart.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 05, 2020, 02:17:28 PM
Hazzuh, amigos!
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 05, 2020, 02:24:04 PM
Hazzuh, amigos!
Wow, the day is just flying.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: Threebean on May 05, 2020, 02:30:44 PM
never trust auto dealerships for current maintenance records.
Fixed it for you.
price quoted by dealer, and maintenance that should have been done when I bought the truck was more than twice what I just had done at my tire/oil change shop.
It's been said that the rise of electric and decline of internal combustion vehicles will shake up the entire dealership model.  They rely on maintenance for a good part of their profit, and electric cars need very little in comparison.
You're breaking my heart.
Yeah, I knew you'd be touched...
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on May 05, 2020, 02:32:00 PM
Taco Bell really hit the spot.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: Threebean on May 05, 2020, 03:21:39 PM
This is hitting the spot, too.  With coffee.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 05, 2020, 03:31:05 PM
Hazzuh, amigos!
Wow, the day is just flying.
Happens when its not Monday.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 05, 2020, 03:36:08 PM
A Glorious Day indeed.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 05, 2020, 03:37:28 PM
A Glorious Day indeed.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 05, 2020, 04:37:57 PM
Hazzuh, amigos!
Wow, the day is just flying.
Happens when its not Monday.
It's not?
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 05, 2020, 04:38:30 PM
A Glorious Day indeed.
Do tell.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 05, 2020, 04:39:17 PM
This is hitting the spot, too.  With coffee.
I'm not familiar with this one with the second label.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: Threebean on May 05, 2020, 05:00:20 PM
This is hitting the spot, too.  With coffee.
I'm not familiar with this one with the second label.
Guardian Of The Farm Apollo Seleccion De Warped.  it's a great stick, one of the top GoTF IMO.  I'll have to compare it to the Lirio Rojo, but based on memory it's a similar profile.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 05, 2020, 05:17:24 PM
This is hitting the spot, too.  With coffee.
I'm not familiar with this one with the second label.
Guardian Of The Farm Apollo Seleccion De Warped.  it's a great stick, one of the top GoTF IMO.  I'll have to compare it to the Lirio Rojo, but based on memory it's a similar profile.
Appreciate the info.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on May 05, 2020, 06:44:24 PM
dinner?
maybe Sloppy Joe's.
I guess all I need to do is brown the burger. 🤔
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 05, 2020, 07:39:15 PM
I have no clue what to make for dinner. Getting a bit tired of cooking.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: Threebean on May 05, 2020, 07:57:47 PM
dinner?
maybe Sloppy Joe's.
I guess all I need to do is brown the burger.
Sloppy Juan's. It's a classic Cinco de Mayo dish
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on May 05, 2020, 08:04:23 PM
dinner?
maybe Sloppy Joe's.
I guess all I need to do is brown the burger.
Sloppy Juan's. It's a classic Cinco de Mayo dish
Manwich in a can helped. wasn't bad between and on a Kaiser roll.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on May 05, 2020, 08:05:09 PM
I have no clue what to make for dinner. Getting a bit tired of cooking.
do you live alone?
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: bluecollar on May 05, 2020, 08:53:59 PM
I have no clue what to make for dinner. Getting a bit tired of cooking.
do you live alone?
It's a group effort, I'm sure.
Title: Re: 5/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 05, 2020, 10:14:06 PM
I have no clue what to make for dinner. Getting a bit tired of cooking.
do you live alone?
It's a group effort, I'm sure.
Don't be so sure.