CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: 7/17/2017  (Read 10256 times)

Threebean

Re: 7/17/2017
« Reply #135 on: July 17, 2017, 10:09:34 PM »

Well I need to have my prune juice and go to bed. Old peoples bedtime
Next one is 60?  Welcome to the club, ya old fart!  Sweet dreams.

Threebean

« Reply #136 on: July 17, 2017, 10:11:05 PM »

Well I need to have my prune juice and go to bed. Old peoples bedtime
When? We need to schedule a turning-60 herf.  I'm a year away, but what's a few months among friends.

Threebean

« Reply #137 on: July 17, 2017, 10:12:14 PM »

Still no CB, and Travelin'Dave probably on a long delayed flight out of Houston.  Fk'n air travel, amiright? 

Threebean

« Reply #138 on: July 17, 2017, 10:13:13 PM »

Heading to Houston myself tomorrow.  Work, work, work, work, work, work, work. work. work.....FML.

Threebean

« Reply #139 on: July 17, 2017, 10:22:19 PM »

Anyone read or watched the movie, "The Martian"?  I did both. Naturally the book was better than the movie, though the movie did it justice.  So yeah, feels sorta like that here this evening.  Oy blasted off to the mother ship, leaving me here to grow potatoes from compost created from my schitt.  Nice. 

Threebean

« Reply #140 on: July 17, 2017, 10:33:15 PM »

Still page 10. This is hopeless.  TWSS. 

Threebean

« Reply #141 on: July 17, 2017, 10:41:21 PM »

Hopelessness breeds contempt.  Or is it familiarity?  Probably both.

Threebean

« Reply #142 on: July 17, 2017, 10:45:36 PM »

Hmmmm, gotta give the upper hand to hopelessness.  Hard to beat that. 

Threebean

« Reply #143 on: July 17, 2017, 10:48:24 PM »

No hope. Not a place one should dwell for long. Leads to nowhere and nothingness. 

Threebean

« Reply #144 on: July 17, 2017, 10:49:45 PM »

Alrighty then, this PW session took a dark turn, time to liven things up a bit.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #145 on: July 17, 2017, 11:53:25 PM »

Pork Belly Prices Sizzle on Growing Demand for Bacon

Bacon is finally getting a bump as Americans add the fatty strips to everything from corn dogs to french fries, boosting demand while inventory shrinks.

Pork bellies, the cut of meat used to make bacon slices, have surged 174 percent since hitting a five-year low in April, according to wholesale prices from the U.S. Department of Agriculture. The price reached $1.6968 a pound Friday, a one-year high.

“It’s really demand that’s driving this,” said Ryan Turner, a risk management consultant at FCStone Group in Kansas City, Mo. “People are putting bacon on anything.”

Bacon-centric food items are fueling sales at Wendy’s Co., which added bacon fries, and McDonald’s Corp., with its sausage and bacon breakfast sandwich. Other culinary wonders include the bacon veggie burger.
That can't be right. Rick Perry says that if you create enough supply, then the demand will follow. And I refuse to believe that Rick Perry doesn't understand the most basic lesson of economics.
I wouldn't be surprised.
Wasn't he the brain surgeon, who doesn't believe in Climate Change, but wanted Texans,
to pray for rain to end a drought? Don't you feel good that as Chairman of the Dept of Energy, he has control
of the Nuclear Regulatory Agency?
The concept of praying amuses me. The idea of Rick Perry in any position of power frightens me.
The concept of  positions of power frightens me to begin with. But if we have to have them, the notion of idiots occupying them frightens me somewhat less.
I was certain that would be your position.
Well, I was being somewhat facetious.  Somewhat.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you were being serious.
No, amigo, you aren't sure of that at all.
Me neither. Nor WTF you guys are talking about.

Later, LTG.
Just a mild case of the usual political banter. ;-)

Howdy, Tony.
I figured that part. How goes it, Bret?
It mostly don't go.  But I'm working from home so it's only mildly stressing. ;-)
If anything, working from home only increases my stress. That's why I hardly do it.
I don't usually have to do it on this extreme level. But construction at the office forces the issue.
My wife and kids are heading down to the Jersey shore for a couple of days next week. I can't wait.
The Warden and #2 son are in Tucson. So pretty quiet here. At least today. Tomorrow my contractor will start setting tile.
I'm starting to take bids for finishing the basement, including tile work. Originally it was going to be an extension, with two baths. Unfortunately, I've depleted my severance and will have to resort to plan B.
I'm doing all three baths, kitchen counters, refinishing the oak floors, and new carpeting in the family room.  All the stuff I'm going to have to do again when I get to be Tex's age.
Gosh, you think we'll ever get to be Tex's age?
I didn't expect to make 40, let alone 52.
You aren't even 40 52 yet?  GFY, young man.
No, I made it to 40. Now I'm 52. Guess I should have been clearer.
that ok, your old
Yeah, yeah...bite me, punk.
dont care for aged meat.
At least he didn't say it wasn't kosher.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #146 on: July 17, 2017, 11:54:14 PM »

Still no CB, and Travelin'Dave probably on a long delayed flight out of Houston.  Fk'n air travel, amiright?
Just got in, decompressing with an Ave Maria and Mountain Dew.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]