Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

« Reply #120 on: April 03, 2017, 07:34:58 PM »

Hell of a buy on a really good sub-compact 9mm carry gun.

Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9mm 3" Barrel 7+1/8+1 - $309 ($234 After $75 Rebate!) (Free S/H on Firearms)

https://www.gunbuyer.com/smith-and-wesson-m-p-shield-9mm-3-barrel-7-1-8-1-single-stack-black-180021-sw180021-gb.html
FYI there have been issues with that pistol.  Jamming.  Someone here had to send a brand new one back to the factory for repair.
Very popular and They generally have a great reputation, son has one and no problems.
The reputation I've heard is that it takes a couple hundred rounds for the gun to deburr and settle.  For me, this wouldn't be an issue, because I never carry or judge a gun until I've put three hundred rounds through.

Afternoon, muchachos.
Now how did I know that would drag your ass out of hiding :o

Most semi auto's need a hundred or two at the very least for breaking in which you should do anyway to get comfortable with them.
No hiding, just working. Brutal right now.

« Reply #121 on: April 03, 2017, 07:35:17 PM »

Hell of a buy on a really good sub-compact 9mm carry gun.

Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9mm 3" Barrel 7+1/8+1 - $309 ($234 After $75 Rebate!) (Free S/H on Firearms)

https://www.gunbuyer.com/smith-and-wesson-m-p-shield-9mm-3-barrel-7-1-8-1-single-stack-black-180021-sw180021-gb.html
FYI there have been issues with that pistol.  Jamming.  Someone here had to send a brand new one back to the factory for repair.
Very popular and They generally have a great reputation, son has one and no problems.
The reputation I've heard is that it takes a couple hundred rounds for the gun to deburr and settle.  For me, this wouldn't be an issue, because I never carry or judge a gun until I've put three hundred rounds through.

Afternoon, muchachos.
I've put about 350 rounds through that Taurus .380 and not a problem yet. working on only 175 rounds through the Taurus .38 special, but nothing yet.

hey RazMan.
Howdy, Dean.

« Reply #122 on: April 03, 2017, 07:58:49 PM »

[...]

I'm new at this pistol stuff.

« Reply #123 on: April 03, 2017, 08:18:54 PM »

[...]

Choot 'em!

« Reply #124 on: April 03, 2017, 08:46:21 PM »

[...]

Don't everybody leave at once.

« Reply #125 on: April 03, 2017, 08:47:57 PM »

Hell of a buy on a really good sub-compact 9mm carry gun.

Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9mm 3" Barrel 7+1/8+1 - $309 ($234 After $75 Rebate!) (Free S/H on Firearms)

https://www.gunbuyer.com/smith-and-wesson-m-p-shield-9mm-3-barrel-7-1-8-1-single-stack-black-180021-sw180021-gb.html
FYI there have been issues with that pistol.  Jamming.  Someone here had to send a brand new one back to the factory for repair.
Very popular and They generally have a great reputation, son has one and no problems.
The reputation I've heard is that it takes a couple hundred rounds for the gun to deburr and settle.  For me, this wouldn't be an issue, because I never carry or judge a gun until I've put three hundred rounds through.

Afternoon, muchachos.
What I was told in this case was in the first 200 rds through. She had the range officer check it out and took it to the counter, was told they had seen a couple of this model with an ejection failure.  She took it back to the retailer who returned it to the mfg.

Don't know if she's had it returned to her yet.  FYI this is a farely well experienced shooter.

I've never had a new pistol behave this way regardless of how many rounds had been run through it.

« Reply #126 on: April 03, 2017, 09:39:24 PM »

[...]

She was fortunate that the retailer took it back and handled the warranty on it. Most retailers won't do that.

I have no experience with that model, just quoting what I read about it in an article from American Rifleman (IIRC).

My own experience is limited to the two autopistols I've bought new, the Glock 22 and the FNS-40. The Glock never had an issue, the FNS-40 had a couple in the first 200 rounds, and none since.

Still, Tex is right, the old conventional wisdom is give autos a few hundred rounds to break in...though in this day of CNC machining, it does seem like poor quality control to let a pistol through that needs "finishing" by the consumer.

But what do I know? ;-)

« Reply #127 on: April 03, 2017, 10:57:01 PM »

NCAA championship lull?

Spoiler alert: Gonzagas gonna win.

« Reply #128 on: April 03, 2017, 11:47:02 PM »

NCAA championship lull?

Spoiler alert: Gonzagas gonna win.
And in other news, Dewey beats Truman!

« Reply #129 on: April 03, 2017, 11:52:52 PM »

NCAA championship lull?

Spoiler alert: Gonzagas gonna win.
WROOOOOONG!
Logged