CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: 4/3/2017  (Read 12162 times)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
Re: 4/3/2017
« Reply #120 on: April 03, 2017, 07:34:58 PM »

Hell of a buy on a really good sub-compact 9mm carry gun.

Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9mm 3" Barrel 7+1/8+1 - $309 ($234 After $75 Rebate!) (Free S/H on Firearms)

https://www.gunbuyer.com/smith-and-wesson-m-p-shield-9mm-3-barrel-7-1-8-1-single-stack-black-180021-sw180021-gb.html
FYI there have been issues with that pistol.  Jamming.  Someone here had to send a brand new one back to the factory for repair.
Very popular and They generally have a great reputation, son has one and no problems.
The reputation I've heard is that it takes a couple hundred rounds for the gun to deburr and settle.  For me, this wouldn't be an issue, because I never carry or judge a gun until I've put three hundred rounds through.

Afternoon, muchachos.
Now how did I know that would drag your ass out of hiding :o

Most semi auto's need a hundred or two at the very least for breaking in which you should do anyway to get comfortable with them.
No hiding, just working. Brutal right now.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #121 on: April 03, 2017, 07:35:17 PM »

Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9mm 3" Barrel 7+1/8+1 - $309 ($234 After $75 Rebate!) (Free S/H on Firearms)

https://www.gunbuyer.com/smith-and-wesson-m-p-shield-9mm-3-barrel-7-1-8-1-single-stack-black-180021-sw180021-gb.html
FYI there have been issues with that pistol.  Jamming.  Someone here had to send a brand new one back to the factory for repair.
Very popular and They generally have a great reputation, son has one and no problems.
The reputation I've heard is that it takes a couple hundred rounds for the gun to deburr and settle.  For me, this wouldn't be an issue, because I never carry or judge a gun until I've put three hundred rounds through.

Afternoon, muchachos.
I've put about 350 rounds through that Taurus .380 and not a problem yet. working on only 175 rounds through the Taurus .38 special, but nothing yet.

hey RazMan.
Howdy, Dean.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #122 on: April 03, 2017, 07:58:49 PM »

Afternoon, muchachos.
I've put about 350 rounds through that Taurus .380 and not a problem yet. working on only 175 rounds through the Taurus .38 special, but nothing yet.

hey RazMan.
Howdy, Dean.
I'm new at this pistol stuff.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #123 on: April 03, 2017, 08:18:54 PM »

Afternoon, muchachos.

hey RazMan.
Howdy, Dean.
Choot 'em!

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #124 on: April 03, 2017, 08:46:21 PM »

Afternoon, muchachos.

hey RazMan.
Howdy, Dean.
Choot 'em!
Don't everybody leave at once.

Threebean

« Reply #125 on: April 03, 2017, 08:47:57 PM »

Afternoon, muchachos.
What I was told in this case was in the first 200 rds through. She had the range officer check it out and took it to the counter, was told they had seen a couple of this model with an ejection failure.  She took it back to the retailer who returned it to the mfg. 

Don't know if she's had it returned to her yet.  FYI this is a farely well experienced shooter. 

I've never had a new pistol behave this way regardless of how many rounds had been run through it.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #126 on: April 03, 2017, 09:39:24 PM »

Afternoon, muchachos.
What I was told in this case was in the first 200 rds through. She had the range officer check it out and took it to the counter, was told they had seen a couple of this model with an ejection failure.  She took it back to the retailer who returned it to the mfg. 

Don't know if she's had it returned to her yet.  FYI this is a farely well experienced shooter. 

I've never had a new pistol behave this way regardless of how many rounds had been run through it.
She was fortunate that the retailer took it back and handled the warranty on it. Most retailers won't do that.

I have no experience with that model, just quoting what I read about it in an article from American Rifleman (IIRC).

My own experience is limited to the two autopistols I've bought new, the Glock 22 and the FNS-40. The Glock never had an issue, the FNS-40 had a couple in the first 200 rounds, and none since.

Still, Tex is right, the old conventional wisdom is give autos a few hundred rounds to break in...though in this day of CNC machining, it does seem like poor quality control to let a pistol through that needs "finishing" by the consumer.

But what do I know? ;-)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #127 on: April 03, 2017, 10:57:01 PM »

NCAA championship lull?

Spoiler alert: Gonzagas gonna win.

Threebean

« Reply #128 on: April 03, 2017, 11:47:02 PM »