Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2017, 01:43:52 PM »

Afternoon CB.

« Reply #91 on: January 09, 2017, 01:43:58 PM »

It's blasphemy, I know, but I must stop buying cigars for a while. At least a month or two. Can't believe what I've spent on the damned things past 45 days.
Well, I'll take a break after I buy a box of Partagas Serie P #2s.
I hear ya, brother. I need to do some humidor maintenance and a large tupperdore for long term storage is in order.
At the rate it's going, I'm going to need to start using the bottom cabinet of my humidor for its intended purpose of storing boxes of cigars, rather than storing liquor.
Whata concept!
I know, right? And I'm at least ten years from retirement.
Tub 'o booze?

« Reply #92 on: January 09, 2017, 01:44:46 PM »

Logged

Ogie

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2017, 02:11:41 PM »

"Matt Booth leaves cigar industry".  In other news, water is wet.

« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2017, 02:21:22 PM »

"Matt Booth leaves cigar industry".  In other news, water is wet.
And also interesting Davidoff USA is selling off the remaining Room 101 Inventory - More DEALS GALORE! Well maybe anyway.

« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2017, 02:37:56 PM »

"Matt Booth leaves cigar industry".  In other news, water is wet.
I haven't found anything on this. Room101 is pretty popular and although the brand is ultimately owned by Davidoff, not sure why the CEO of Room101 would just up and leave.

Usually when stuff like this does happen, they take a year or so off because of a non-compete clause and then come back again under a new brand.

« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2017, 02:44:06 PM »

« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2017, 02:55:56 PM »

"Matt Booth leaves cigar industry".  In other news, water is wet.
I haven't found anything on this. Room101 is pretty popular and although the brand is ultimately owned by Davidoff, not sure why the CEO of Room101 would just up and leave.

Usually when stuff like this does happen, they take a year or so off because of a non-compete clause and then come back again under a new brand.
True, but he's not a full time cigar person.  He has all of his other Hollywood / jewelry / design interests he can spend more time on.  Cigars was more like a fun pastime, that maybe isn't fun anymore.

« Reply #98 on: January 09, 2017, 02:57:07 PM »

"Matt Booth leaves cigar industry".  In other news, water is wet.
I haven't found anything on this. Room101 is pretty popular and although the brand is ultimately owned by Davidoff, not sure why the CEO of Room101 would just up and leave.

Usually when stuff like this does happen, they take a year or so off because of a non-compete clause and then come back again under a new brand.
True, but he's not a full time cigar person.  He has all of his other Hollywood / jewelry / design interests he can spend more time on.  Cigars was more like a fun pastime, that maybe isn't fun anymore.
Probably a pastime spelled BROKE

« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2017, 03:02:54 PM »

SHEESH Raz Junior

http://halfwheel.com/matt-booth-leaves-cigar-industry/138067
I don't get it. How does this equate to me saying I spent too much on cigars past 45 days and need to take a break?

« Reply #100 on: January 09, 2017, 03:07:44 PM »

my follow up has been moved up to 7:30am tomorrow instead of Wednesday afternoon for a culture scrapping to see what is in my neck seeing how the ER only looked at it and prescribed antibiotics not knowing what it was. medical center not happy with the lack of 'minimal medical care'.
Are you sure those aren't ben wa balls?
I'm sure. some of my women may have that pleasure though.
Is it warm up down there yet? You may need to move further south.

64° now. mid to high 70's all week.
further south you go the higher the rent. besides, I love the rural area here. best part of old florida left so far.

« Reply #101 on: January 09, 2017, 03:09:56 PM »

GO CLEMSON!

« Reply #102 on: January 09, 2017, 03:10:04 PM »

SHEESH Raz Junior

http://halfwheel.com/matt-booth-leaves-cigar-industry/138067
I don't get it. How does this equate to me saying I spent too much on cigars past 45 days and need to take a break?
I think the joke is that you and I need all the work done for us. Too lazy to find it on our own.

Edit: I'm more confused by Ogie's comment,  "In other news, water is wet." Was Booth's departure a given? Obviously I'm not hip to all the goings on in the industry.

« Reply #103 on: January 09, 2017, 03:15:05 PM »

"Matt Booth leaves cigar industry".  In other news, water is wet.
I haven't found anything on this. Room101 is pretty popular and although the brand is ultimately owned by Davidoff, not sure why the CEO of Room101 would just up and leave.

Usually when stuff like this does happen, they take a year or so off because of a non-compete clause and then come back again under a new brand.
True, but he's not a full time cigar person.  He has all of his other Hollywood / jewelry / design interests he can spend more time on.  Cigars was more like a fun pastime, that maybe isn't fun anymore.
I guess I can see that. I'm not convinced he's completely out. Only time will tell.

« Reply #104 on: January 09, 2017, 03:24:26 PM »

GO CLEMSON!
You starting that already? Almost 5 hours until that game begins. Will you still be awake?
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10