« Reply #345 on: June 09, 2014, 04:32:37 PM »

Good Afternoon All

Hey there, Shaun.  Welcome to the new site!

Thanks Joe, figured I had to PW somewhere!
Welcome aboard Shaun, I was just catching up,
from when i was on before, when Joe was all OTR over Dan.
Hello KC and others...

Flip, good to 'see' you!
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #346 on: June 09, 2014, 04:34:35 PM »

Any opinions out there on the CAO Flathead?  I can't help but be a little intrigued by stuff this company puts out, even though it's "new CAO" release.  Atlantic now carrying a size I'd actually like:  http://www.atlanticcigar.com/All-Cigars/CAO-Flathead-V450-Spark-Plug.asp
I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I had the "lancero" sized one and wasn't impressed.  And you should note that I have enjoyed a number of CAOs.  Received a Flathead at CF this year, I think it was the 6x60.  I was gonna pitch it and Charlie said that he liked 'em and so I gave it to him.  I'm sure that doesn't help.  Sorry    :-\

It helps plenty.  I figure, worst case, it'll be another ordinary CAO cigar.  I'll grab one locally if I see one.  As much as I've enjoyed the La Traviata and Sopranos, most of the others haven't been any better to my tastes than "OK".  Nothing so bad that I'd never smoke it again, but nothing good enough that I'd ever actually buy again.

« Reply #347 on: June 09, 2014, 04:35:24 PM »

[...]

Yes.
Logged

glassken

« Reply #348 on: June 09, 2014, 04:35:59 PM »

Any opinions out there on the CAO Flathead?  I can't help but be a little intrigued by stuff this company puts out, even though it's "new CAO" release.  Atlantic now carrying a size I'd actually like:  http://www.atlanticcigar.com/All-Cigars/CAO-Flathead-V450-Spark-Plug.asp
Joe, I believe CB mentioned the Flathead, maybe PM him and get his take.
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 6/9/2014
« Reply #349 on: June 09, 2014, 04:36:56 PM »

[...]

I might be wrong (but the odds are in my favor) but I think JerseyDave smoked one.....I think it was the 6x60 from the fest. I don't think he hated it.

« Reply #350 on: June 09, 2014, 04:37:11 PM »

[...]

I bought a box (of 5) of the CAO Brasilia tubos.  I like the samba in that blend too.  then again I smoke gurks...

« Reply #351 on: June 09, 2014, 04:37:46 PM »

Alright men I'm out, have a good day see you tomorrow (Tuesday) - can't wait
I shouldn't have blown my load today.  Later, Scott.
Yea, we've all been there...
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 6/9/2014
« Reply #352 on: June 09, 2014, 04:38:03 PM »

Any opinions out there on the CAO Flathead?  I can't help but be a little intrigued by stuff this company puts out, even though it's "new CAO" release.  Atlantic now carrying a size I'd actually like:  http://www.atlanticcigar.com/All-Cigars/CAO-Flathead-V450-Spark-Plug.asp
Joe, I believe CB mentioned the Flathead, maybe PM him and get his take.
Or maybe it was CB..... :) Howdy Ken

« Reply #353 on: June 09, 2014, 04:39:44 PM »

Any opinions out there on the CAO Flathead?  I can't help but be a little intrigued by stuff this company puts out, even though it's "new CAO" release.  Atlantic now carrying a size I'd actually like:  http://www.atlanticcigar.com/All-Cigars/CAO-Flathead-V450-Spark-Plug.asp
Joe, I believe CB mentioned the Flathead, maybe PM him and get his take.
Are all the CAO Flatheads box pressed?  :o  DUh, why do you think they call them flatheads? I just figured they wear naming them after a HD>
Logged

glassken

« Reply #354 on: June 09, 2014, 04:42:07 PM »

[...]

Joe, those two cigars you mentioned are THE only CAO I would buy. I did get a great deal on 20 MX2 robusto's from Corona, and considering they were aged a while--yellowed cello--would not buy more. Got them for $2.25 per with the DPG JJ nat for the same price. It was a bundle type deal, so I had to get 'em, if I wanted the JJ's. I tried to enable all, but nobody wanted them. Still was a good purchase for me. Everyone I give them too likes them.

« Reply #355 on: June 09, 2014, 04:46:00 PM »

I'm out for the day Gents...meeting prep and then heading home.  Have a good night!
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #356 on: June 09, 2014, 04:47:04 PM »

[...]

Yeah, I remember that combo deal.  Mx2 and the Brazilia are two that I do like, but just not as much as I used to. OSA Sol was OK.  Don't think I've tried the Concert yet but I have a couple.   Maybe my tastes have changed, maybe the cigars have changed, maybe both.
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 6/9/2014
« Reply #357 on: June 09, 2014, 04:47:10 PM »

I'm out for the day Gents...meeting prep and then heading home.  Have a good night!
Later, Shaun.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #358 on: June 09, 2014, 04:47:16 PM »

I'm out for the day Gents...meeting prep and then heading home.  Have a good night!
Later, Shaun.
Logged

glassken

« Reply #359 on: June 09, 2014, 04:47:40 PM »

I'm out for the day Gents...meeting prep and then heading home.  Have a good night!
Later, Shaun/Shawn/Sean! Have a good one, too!