Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/10/2015
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2015, 01:58:52 AM »

In 1999, the United States women's soccer team won the World Cup, beating China 5-4 on penalty kicks after 120 minutes of scoreless play at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California.

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/10/2015
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2015, 01:59:22 AM »

Ten years ago: A search-and-rescue team found the body of a missing U.S. commando in eastern Afghanistan, bringing an end to the desperate search for the last member of an ill-fated, four-man special forces unit that had disappeared the previous month. Nineteen-month-old Suzie Marie Pena (PAYN'-yah) was struck and killed by a SWAT team bullet during a shootout between Los Angeles police and her father, who was using the toddler as a shield; Jose Raul Pena also died. Hurricane Dennis roared quickly through the Florida Panhandle and Alabama coast with blinding squalls and crashing waves.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/10/2015
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2015, 02:00:01 AM »

Five years ago: Robotic submarines removed a leaking cap from a gushing oil well in the Gulf of Mexico, sending crude flowing freely into the sea until BP installed a new seal that stopped the oil days later. Australia's Todd Woodbridge and Mark Woodforde headed a class of seven inductees into the International Tennis Hall of Fame. Grammy-winning country singer Carrie Underwood married NHL player Mike Fisher at a resort in Greensboro, Georgia.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/10/2015
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2015, 02:00:27 AM »

One year ago: Germany demanded that the CIA station chief in Berlin leave the country as a new round of allegations of U.S. espionage worsened friction between the two allies.

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/10/2015
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2015, 02:01:03 AM »

Thought for Today: "The people I distrust most are those who want to improve our lives but have only one course of action in mind." - Frank Herbert, American author (1920-1986).
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/10/2015
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2015, 02:01:49 AM »

Social Security
-------------------------

After retiring, I went to the Social Security office
to apply for Social Security. The woman behind the counter asked me for
my driver's license to verify my age. I looked in my pockets and realized
I had left my wallet at home.

I told the woman that I was very sorry, but I would
have to go home and come back later.

The woman said, 'Unbutton your shirt'.

So I opened my shirt revealing my curly silver hair.
She said, 'That silver hair on your chest is proof enough for me'
and she processed my Social Security application.

When I got home, I excitedly told my wife about my
experience at the Social Security office.

She said, 'You should have dropped your pants. You
might have gotten disability, too'

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/10/2015
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2015, 02:54:43 AM »

Time to hit the road for work, enjoy your day guys.

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2015, 03:49:12 AM »

Morning Chip.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/10/2015
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2015, 05:08:36 AM »

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/10/2015
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2015, 05:09:51 AM »

Thought for Today: "The people I distrust most are those who want to improve our lives but have only one course of action in mind." - Frank Herbert, American author (1920-1986).
Author of the book that became a movie I have watched way to many times, Dune.

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2015, 06:18:45 AM »

Morning LSU & Golf, Happy Friday!

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2015, 06:23:19 AM »

Morning LSU & Golf, Happy Friday!
Yeah, Friday! Morning Dave.

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2015, 06:23:30 AM »

Alabama legend Kenny Stabler dead at 69

By Aaron Suttles
Sports Writer

Former University of Alabama quarterback and Oakland Raiders great Kenny Stabler died at the age of 69 on Wednesday in Gulfport, Miss., as a result of complications associated with colon cancer, his family confirmed in a statement released through UA on Thursday.

"He passed peacefully surrounded by the people he loved most, including his three daughters and longtime partner, as some of his favorite songs played in the background, such as Lynyrd Skynyrd's ‘Sweet Home Alabama' and Van Morrison's ‘Leaves Falling Down,' " according to the statement.

Stabler was diagnosed with Stage- 4 colon cancer in February, according to the family.

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/10/2015
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2015, 06:45:57 AM »

Morning LSU & Golf, Happy Friday!
Good morning Native.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/10/2015
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2015, 06:47:20 AM »

Alabama legend Kenny Stabler dead at 69

By Aaron Suttles
Sports Writer

Former University of Alabama quarterback and Oakland Raiders great Kenny Stabler died at the age of 69 on Wednesday in Gulfport, Miss., as a result of complications associated with colon cancer, his family confirmed in a statement released through UA on Thursday.

"He passed peacefully surrounded by the people he loved most, including his three daughters and longtime partner, as some of his favorite songs played in the background, such as Lynyrd Skynyrd's ‘Sweet Home Alabama' and Van Morrison's ‘Leaves Falling Down,' " according to the statement.

Stabler was diagnosed with Stage- 4 colon cancer in February, according to the family.
I haven't heard his name in many years now.  Tough way to go!
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19