Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2020, 08:16:00 AM »

Good morning oh ye few Banterites. Banterlonians. Bantervillians?

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2020, 08:32:32 AM »

Sounds like Washington will be retiring the Redskins name today, with a new name to come at a later time.

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2020, 08:46:38 AM »

Sounds like Washington will be retiring the Redskins name today, with a new name to come at a later time.

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2020, 09:07:09 AM »

Good morning oh ye few Banterites. Banterlonians. Bantervillians?
Good morning Mr. Bean

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2020, 09:09:21 AM »

Let us begin week 18 of quarantine life.
Sounds like you need to get out? I had to chuckle I was at the stores over the weekend and anything recreational is completely Gone!
I'm pretty much only going out for essentials right now, though, we did venture out yesterday to get some shave ice. Went there because my youngest saw they were offering Harry Potter stuff, so I needed a butterbeer slush. But our county has had a spike in cases, so we're at a stage where masks are mandatory now if you're going somewhere, so not much going out for fun here.
I'm pretty much doing the same thing. Only going out for essentials but I'm staying active. Only golfed 3 times. Biking, dog walks, etc. I can see it now schools are trying to reopen. It's a cluster F.
Haven't golfed yet, and honestly, I don't really expect to this year. Though, have been going on walks with the kids, so trying to stay at least a little active.

And yes, the thought of them trying to open schools now is laughable at best. This thing had just started, and everyone made the right call to go remote for the rest of the year. Now, the number of cases in the country is many, many times what it was, and people are like, fuck it, I need the kids out of the house. There's just no good way to open schools, and anyone who tries is going to see a surge in cases. Maybe when teachers and kids start dying, people will get their heads out of their asses? We'll see, but somehow, I doubt it.
In Western NY we have a lot of private schools. Their future depends on reopening. They don't get all the funding from the state and many may close for good. Their operating budgets are based upon enrollment. Tough line to walk.
I suppose, if you consider choosing between keeping a school open or putting hundreds of kids and teachers lives at risk a tough line to walk.
Please don't take this the wrong way but you may have a different opinion on things if you were not able to work from home. I know way too many people out of work.

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2020, 09:15:38 AM »

[...]

Oh absolutely, I'm lucky enough to be home, and I realize many people don't have the same ability. There's no one good solution here, but I do know that sending back the human petri dishes we call kids to an enclosed environment in the middle of an escalating pandemic is a bad solution.

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2020, 09:33:04 AM »

that post letdown after returning from a wonderful vacation has set in.

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2020, 09:34:42 AM »

that post letdown after returning from a wonderful vacation has set in.
Sounds like you need 100 CCs of hot tub, stat!

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2020, 09:36:22 AM »

Sounds like Washington will be retiring the Redskins name today, with a new name to come at a later time.
I was just about to post about this. Late again.

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2020, 09:40:08 AM »

[...]

I'm torn on this one too. I don't believe this should be a partisan issue. I know I'm extremely lucky to be able to work from home although I'm miserable doing it. Wish I can say I had it all figured out. Our school district sent out a survey asking what we should do in September. Not sure how I'm answering it.

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2020, 09:40:27 AM »

Good morning, Mark and Dean.

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2020, 09:48:10 AM »

[...]

I agree about it needing to be partisan, though, we all know it isn't. The very thought that a pandemic could somehow be political shows how messed up we are as a country. And that's as close to a political post as I'll get.

Our district sent one too, and I honestly don't remember if I even responded. Even if I had, I think the last couple of months have changed a lot of things, so I'm not sure my original answers would've even mattered or been relevant at this point.

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2020, 09:55:15 AM »

Sounds like Washington will be retiring the Redskins name today, with a new name to come at a later time.
I was just about to post about this. Late again.
They already released their statement anyways. It said, "we didn't care about changing the name, despite people telling us for years it might have been cultural appropriation. But now that potentially losing a crapton of money is involved, we blinked faster than even WE thought possible!"

I may have paraphrased a bit. ;)

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2020, 10:10:09 AM »

Let us begin week 18 of quarantine life.
Sounds like you need to get out? I had to chuckle I was at the stores over the weekend and anything recreational is completely Gone!
I'm pretty much only going out for essentials right now, though, we did venture out yesterday to get some shave ice. Went there because my youngest saw they were offering Harry Potter stuff, so I needed a butterbeer slush. But our county has had a spike in cases, so we're at a stage where masks are mandatory now if you're going somewhere, so not much going out for fun here.
I'm pretty much doing the same thing. Only going out for essentials but I'm staying active. Only golfed 3 times. Biking, dog walks, etc. I can see it now schools are trying to reopen. It's a cluster F.
And Dean was out wrestling goats and transportin' turkeys.

.
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2020, 10:11:17 AM »

that post letdown after returning from a wonderful vacation has set in.
Shouldn't have left so soon!
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7