CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: 7/13/2020  (Read 4889 times)

CigarBanter

• Administrator
  • Senior Status
7/13/2020
« on: July 13, 2020, 12:00:19 AM »

Happy Monday!  Any cigar deals on the various internet sites? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Re: 7/13/2020
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 05:24:42 AM »

Let us begin week 18 of quarantine life.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 06:39:44 AM »

Sounds like you need to get out? I had to chuckle I was at the stores over the weekend and anything recreational is completely Gone!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2020, 07:00:04 AM »

Sounds like you need to get out? I had to chuckle I was at the stores over the weekend and anything recreational is completely Gone!
I'm pretty much only going out for essentials right now, though, we did venture out yesterday to get some shave ice. Went there because my youngest saw they were offering Harry Potter stuff, so I needed a butterbeer slush. But our county has had a spike in cases, so we're at a stage where masks are mandatory now if you're going somewhere, so not much going out for fun here.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2020, 07:01:42 AM »

Good morning, Rick and Dave.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2020, 07:03:36 AM »

I'm pretty much only going out for essentials right now, though, we did venture out yesterday to get some shave ice. Went there because my youngest saw they were offering Harry Potter stuff, so I needed a butterbeer slush. But our county has had a spike in cases, so we're at a stage where masks are mandatory now if you're going somewhere, so not much going out for fun here.

It's always those swing states that are spiking. Coincidence?

But on a separate note, butterbeer slush sounds nice.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2020, 07:08:52 AM »

Good morning, Rick and Dave.
Good Morning Mr. Mayor.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2020, 07:13:14 AM »

I'm pretty much doing the same thing. Only going out for essentials but I'm staying active. Only golfed 3 times. Biking, dog walks, etc. I can see it now schools are trying to reopen. It's a cluster F.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2020, 07:22:26 AM »

It was delightful.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2020, 07:25:45 AM »

I'm pretty much doing the same thing. Only going out for essentials but I'm staying active. Only golfed 3 times. Biking, dog walks, etc. I can see it now schools are trying to reopen. It's a cluster F.
Haven't golfed yet, and honestly, I don't really expect to this year. Though, have been going on walks with the kids, so trying to stay at least a little active.

And yes, the thought of them trying to open schools now is laughable at best. This thing had just started, and everyone made the right call to go remote for the rest of the year. Now, the number of cases in the country is many, many times what it was, and people are like, fuck it, I need the kids out of the house. There's just no good way to open schools, and anyone who tries is going to see a surge in cases. Maybe when teachers and kids start dying, people will get their heads out of their asses? We'll see, but somehow, I doubt it.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2020, 07:44:15 AM »

Haven't golfed yet, and honestly, I don't really expect to this year. Though, have been going on walks with the kids, so trying to stay at least a little active.

And yes, the thought of them trying to open schools now is laughable at best. This thing had just started, and everyone made the right call to go remote for the rest of the year. Now, the number of cases in the country is many, many times what it was, and people are like, fuck it, I need the kids out of the house. There's just no good way to open schools, and anyone who tries is going to see a surge in cases. Maybe when teachers and kids start dying, people will get their heads out of their asses? We'll see, but somehow, I doubt it.
In Western NY we have a lot of private schools. Their future depends on reopening. They don't get all the funding from the state and many may close for good. Their operating budgets are based upon enrollment. Tough line to walk.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2020, 07:58:04 AM »

In Western NY we have a lot of private schools. Their future depends on reopening. They don't get all the funding from the state and many may close for good. Their operating budgets are based upon enrollment. Tough line to walk.
I suppose, if you consider choosing between keeping a school open or putting hundreds of kids and teachers lives at risk a tough line to walk.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2020, 08:01:49 AM »

Perhaps this should be the year we stop focusing on curriculum and start focusing on things kids will need. Instead of the 4 factors that started WW1, the powerhouse of the cell and algebra, we teach them about how compound interest works, the true cost of carrying debt and how to create and stick to a budget. This is something I see people say every year, usually in jest. Well, maybe this is the year to experiment with it.

Threebean

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2020, 08:05:05 AM »

It was delightful.
TNWSS

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2020, 08:14:37 AM »

It was delightful.
TNWSS
Amen to that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7