CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21

Author Topic: 9/26/2014  (Read 36292 times)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
Re: 9/26/2014
« Reply #195 on: September 26, 2014, 01:25:29 PM »

Holy Chit!!!!   Pays to carry!

MOORE, Okla. (AP) — Police said Friday a man recently fired from a food processing plant in an Oklahoma City suburb beheaded a woman with a knife and was attacking another worker when he was shot and wounded by the owner of the company.
I guess beheadings are in vogue now?
Must be.   Just got measured for me a new CC holster as I don't have a lot of faith in the Raz system of personal defense.
When he's not being sarcastic, this is what the Raz system of personal defense looks like.
Damn you carry that big ass shiny 1911?  ;D
Not that particular one, but the one I carry looks almost identical.  Except mine's from 1943.
You must wear a damn overcoat!  IWB?
IWB, tucks right up against the body.  Biggest and easiest concealed carry I've ever done.  I also have a Jackass rig that hides nicely under my leather vests.  That's the motorcycle rig.  People always seem to be surprised to learn I carry a full-size 1911 on my 5'8" frame.  I dunno, it works.  In the summertime I just leave my shirts untucked.  No problem.  It's the damned modern whiz-bang guns that seem to print all over the place.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #196 on: September 26, 2014, 01:25:37 PM »

And a Good Afternoon CB
Good afternoon CB...back from lunch and counting down the seconds left until 4:30ish!
Time flies when you're having fun. You sitting around polishing your gold stars?

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #197 on: September 26, 2014, 01:25:57 PM »

And a Good Afternoon CB
TXRF Dave!  Nice autumn day here in beautiful Oxford.  Makes a man lazy.
Quite nice here in the Hill Country but some clouds moving in.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #198 on: September 26, 2014, 01:27:49 PM »

And a Good Afternoon CB
Good afternoon CB...back from lunch and counting down the seconds left until 4:30ish!
Time flies when you're having fun. You sitting around polishing your gold stars?
All 4 of em!  8)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #199 on: September 26, 2014, 01:28:51 PM »

MOORE, Okla. (AP) — Police said Friday a man recently fired from a food processing plant in an Oklahoma City suburb beheaded a woman with a knife and was attacking another worker when he was shot and wounded by the owner of the company.
Must be.   Just got measured for me a new CC holster as I don't have a lot of faith in the Raz system of personal defense.
When he's not being sarcastic, this is what the Raz system of personal defense looks like.
One of those shiney pimp guns.
Only reason I could afford a number-matching Colt from 1943 is that some yahoo nickled it.  Killed the collector value.  But it shoots nicely, accurately, and reliably.  Eventually it will go to Doug Turnbull and be restored to period-correct - when I have a few grand just lying around.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #200 on: September 26, 2014, 01:31:38 PM »

yes, and you can thank the nice thugs at ISIS for that.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #201 on: September 26, 2014, 01:33:24 PM »

Lots of instructional video on the internet showing how easy it is.
Too disturbingly easy.  not a lot really holding the noggin up there.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #202 on: September 26, 2014, 01:33:37 PM »

And a Good Afternoon CB
And not doing that very well.... look a bit tarnished, don't they?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #203 on: September 26, 2014, 01:34:50 PM »

Lots of instructional video on the internet showing how easy it is.
Too disturbingly easy.  not a lot really holding the noggin up there.
Just saw a scene depicting that again last night while watching Breaking Bad. Totally disturbing, even knowing it's fake.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #204 on: September 26, 2014, 01:35:32 PM »

Ain't no pos pimp carries a 1911.
if you did, you'd have to hold it sideways.  not sure who came up with THAT particular stance, but it's pretty hard to hit ANYTHING that way.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #205 on: September 26, 2014, 01:36:01 PM »

Not that particular one, but the one I carry looks almost identical.  Except mine's from 1943.
You must wear a damn overcoat!  IWB?
IWB, tucks right up against the body.  Biggest and easiest concealed carry I've ever done.  I also have a Jackass rig that hides nicely under my leather vests.  That's the motorcycle rig.  People always seem to be surprised to learn I carry a full-size 1911 on my 5'8" frame.  I dunno, it works.  In the summertime I just leave my shirts untucked.  No problem.  It's the damned modern whiz-bang guns that seem to print all over the place.
1911's are thin so good for carrying just that long of a barrel tends to be bothersome at times. 

Check this out you can hide about anything in it with a loose shirt tucked in or out.  Looks funny in the pic but very comfortable over a t-shirt and.

http://www.kangaroocarry.com/products/air-marshal3

This is what I use with a jacket, made in Israel but very high quality workmanship and leather.  Custom fit and holds very well.  Best IWB I have ever found and can actually be used in or out.

http://frontline-holsters.com/about/

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #206 on: September 26, 2014, 01:38:27 PM »

And a Good Afternoon CB
Covered in shit constantly...dam near a full time job!

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #207 on: September 26, 2014, 01:39:08 PM »

And a Good Afternoon CB
All 4 of em!  8)
You is a 4 Star General!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #208 on: September 26, 2014, 01:40:34 PM »

Ain't no pos pimp carries a 1911.
if you did, you'd have to hold it sideways.  not sure who came up with THAT particular stance, but it's pretty hard to hit ANYTHING that way.
Only used for 9 mm's and they usually don't hit anything they intend to hit.  Very low percentage choice.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #209 on: September 26, 2014, 01:41:01 PM »

And a Good Afternoon CB
Covered in shit constantly...dam near a full time job!
You don't have a minion to take care of that for you?  A lackey?  Some low life slacker?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21