CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26

Author Topic: 9/25/2014  (Read 50636 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 9/25/2014
« Reply #315 on: September 25, 2014, 02:59:28 PM »

BAit Fish up have not seen those in a while.
They usually stay around awhile
Yeah seems like they were pretty popular for a while but not so much anymore.  I don't really think of them as a $4 cigar myself but that is just me.

Agreed, I've never really liked them.  I've been tempted by the MUWAT KFCs a couple times at Cigar Monster, though.
I think about the MUWAT's (KFC) myself when I see them but have not bit.
I enjoy them more than Joe does.  Don't care so much for the larger size MUWATs but these hit a short smoke niche for me.  A bit pricy but worth a try.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #316 on: September 25, 2014, 03:00:06 PM »

Mostly for Scott, if he's lurking... from today's Ballast Point email:

We've got a few wins to celebrate this week... First, a win for you. Last week we let you know about the arrival of Dorado Double IPA in 6pks, and now, right on the heels of that, we're also bringing you Victory at Sea 6pks. You asked, and we answered. Now, rather than hoarding one big bottle for yourself, you can share these 12oz bottles with all of your friends. (Or just keep on keeping it all for yourself, but what fun is that?)  We're introducing both packages slowly starting in San Diego - check our tasting rooms and your go-to beer shops.

Victory at Sea six packs.  Awesome.

That IS good news. The bombers go fast out here. Anything that has an available 6pk gets ordered at the local shop.

I just like that it'll be cheaper to get in six packs.  Bombers go for about $7 here... almost $0.32 per ounce.  That's roughly the equivalent of a $23 6-pack.  I'm sure it'll be available for closer to $15 for the 6-pack.
I would fully expect that, they've already established that price point with the Sculpin. I just hope it's more available

Word out here is that it will be, and perhaps even a year round brew going forward.  I think they're in the 'testing' phase of their new brewery location out here, and they've said that they're "old" place in Miramar will be dedicated to stuff that was once limited.  I think we'll see a lot of new stuff from them commercially available!
That would be awesome if they increased production AND made it year 'round. I may masturbate again
Hope you've got some lotion boy, you're gonna hurt yourself.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #317 on: September 25, 2014, 03:02:09 PM »

We've got a few wins to celebrate this week... First, a win for you. Last week we let you know about the arrival of Dorado Double IPA in 6pks, and now, right on the heels of that, we're also bringing you Victory at Sea 6pks. You asked, and we answered. Now, rather than hoarding one big bottle for yourself, you can share these 12oz bottles with all of your friends. (Or just keep on keeping it all for yourself, but what fun is that?)  We're introducing both packages slowly starting in San Diego - check our tasting rooms and your go-to beer shops.

That IS good news. The bombers go fast out here. Anything that has an available 6pk gets ordered at the local shop.

I just like that it'll be cheaper to get in six packs.  Bombers go for about $7 here... almost $0.32 per ounce.  That's roughly the equivalent of a $23 6-pack.  I'm sure it'll be available for closer to $15 for the 6-pack.
I would fully expect that, they've already established that price point with the Sculpin. I just hope it's more available

Word out here is that it will be, and perhaps even a year round brew going forward.  I think they're in the 'testing' phase of their new brewery location out here, and they've said that they're "old" place in Miramar will be dedicated to stuff that was once limited.  I think we'll see a lot of new stuff from them commercially available!
That would be awesome if they increased production AND made it year 'round. I may masturbate again

LOL, respond to the wrong post earlier?  I didn't understand how it applied to him at all but let it go.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #318 on: September 25, 2014, 03:02:36 PM »

BAit Fish up have not seen those in a while.
They usually stay around awhile
Yeah seems like they were pretty popular for a while but not so much anymore.  I don't really think of them as a $4 cigar myself but that is just me.

Agreed, I've never really liked them.  I've been tempted by the MUWAT KFCs a couple times at Cigar Monster, though.
MUWAT KFC Flying Pig, Hamhock and Kyotos coming out soon.  Can't say I'm waiting at the doorstep.

No idea what those two latter sizes will be but I'm also not interesting in anything larger than the 'Chunky', which I believe is what they call the 4x46-ish vitola.  The flavors are just too overwhelming for me to want any more than that size.  I do like it, though.  Something totally outside of the ordinary.
MUWAT KFC Flying Pig is a 4 1/8 x 60 perfecto
MUWAT KFC Hamhock is a 3 3/4 x 56 Gordo and
MUWAT KFC Kyotos is a 5 1/2 x 34 Slim Panatela
that third one you might like...
Kyotos look to be an interesting size

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #319 on: September 25, 2014, 03:03:20 PM »

LOL, respond to the wrong post earlier?  I didn't understand how it applied to him at all but let it go.
I was trying to put all that together with an Uzi!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #320 on: September 25, 2014, 03:04:01 PM »

21 5 Vegas AAA Apotheosis Gordo
         10/25.00
20 MUWAT Baitfish Corona
         10/39.99
19 Obsidian Robusto
         10/24.99
18 La Gloria Cubana Rabito Cochino  Double Corona
           6/17.99
17 Oliva Saison Robusto
         10/29.99
Error
16 El Centurion Robusto
           5/27.50
15 CAO Wet Dream Team Sampler
          10/29.00
14 Diamond Crown Julius Caeser  Toro
           3/37.25
13 Romeo y Julieta Vintage Toro
         10/39.99
12 Joya de Nicaragua Antano 1970 Robusto
         10/34.99
11 Padilla Reserva Habano Torpedo
           5/24.50
10 Latitude Zero Robusto
         10/34.99
 9 Oliva Serie 'V' Double Robusto Tubo
          5/29.50
 8 Man O' War Virtue Toro
         10/34.99
 7 Fallen Angel Toro
          5/22.50
 6 Alec Bradley Tempus Quadrum box-press
         10/39.99
 5 Sam Leccia Black Robusto
          5/24.50
 4 Diesel Unlimited Maduro d5 Robusto
         10/32.50
 3 H. Upmann 1844 Reserve Churchill
          5/23.50
 2 CAO Extreme Robusto
         10/39.50
 1 Drew Estate Undercrown
          5/27.50

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #321 on: September 25, 2014, 03:10:10 PM »

Don't know how that happened, but as we're on Tony's site, I can go back and fix it.

sfish

« Reply #322 on: September 25, 2014, 03:16:28 PM »

I just figured the old guy woke up from a nap and was still foggy

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #323 on: September 25, 2014, 03:18:19 PM »

Heading home a little early see you folks later.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #324 on: September 25, 2014, 03:19:04 PM »

I just figured the old guy woke up from a nap and was still foggy
I am totally confused think I will go take a nap.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #325 on: September 25, 2014, 03:19:40 PM »

OK, I'm outta here.  Liquor store stop on the way home, gotta stock up for the Jason Aldean concert tailgate tonight.  Have a great rest of the week and weekend, all.

sfish

« Reply #326 on: September 25, 2014, 03:20:25 PM »

OK, I'm outta here.  Liquor store stop on the way home, gotta stock up for the Jason Aldean concert tailgate tonight.  Have a great rest of the week and weekend, all.
Later Part-Timer

sfish

« Reply #327 on: September 25, 2014, 03:20:44 PM »

Heading home a little early see you folks later.
Have a good night Dave

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #328 on: September 25, 2014, 03:22:09 PM »

See ya Tex and Joe!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26