CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28

Author Topic: 9/23/2014  (Read 57023 times)

dwgbryant

Re: 9/23/2014
« Reply #255 on: September 23, 2014, 12:26:29 PM »

heading to a meeting myself.

Meeting? What, are all 3 of the residents having a vote to decide to keep or pitch the foosball table?

Just start doing things the way you want, Dean. You and the landlady will rule like royalty... Mornin'

AA meeting ........ that I'm not going to make, running WAY behind.
if the landlady played her cards right I could be had.

Damn. Seems pretty early for an AA meeting. Are they making sure folks aren't waiting outsided the bars before they open?

as for the landlady, I don't think you should have a problem. You see her with anyone else... not her kid(s)?

always drunks looking to get a drink all times of the day, so they have meetings at 7am, noon, and 8pm. midnight sometimes too.

landlady is married, no kids that I know of.

Married... I guess that explains why you aren't sleeping over yet.

after I gave her that big sweaty hug the other day to feel her tits against my chest, she returned the favor yesterday while I was sitting down and got a bust in the mouth.

HA! Yeah, I'm sure she realizes her assets and knows how to use them.
Why don't you two crazy kids just break down and have sex already, give her 45 seconds of hell and send her on her way

45 seconds? I aint never lasted that long in my life.
:)

dwgbryant

« Reply #256 on: September 23, 2014, 12:28:23 PM »

can anyone find me a deal on a mild morning cigar?

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #257 on: September 23, 2014, 12:28:26 PM »

Just got a Famous Clearance email, some good stuff there but the kicker is Tat Black CG Jars on sale and after catsrule $121.97 shipped

Wow, crazy how cheap those can be had. Morning, Scott.
Morning Joe, ever smoke the 7th Capa Especialle?
GREAT cigar!
That or Black CG? Which do you prefer?
Tat Black for me.  The Capa is the brown label with a Sumatra wrapper, essentially.  He does amazing things with a sumatra, but it's a corona size where the CG size is just on point with my preferences.  Tat Black is also 'milder' than a brown with a Sumatra, lots of good spice, but I like the smoothness of the Black.
Thanks, I may just go with the Capa, I love the punch of the PCR and those sound right up my alley

The black is my favorite 'regular' production Tatuaje but I also love the brown label in the smaller vitolas. Don't really care for the larger sizes at all (thinking of the Unico/torpedo brown label).
Agreed completely...smaller the better with the brown labels...and with the habano, sumatra, etc wrappers-this I prefer as well

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #258 on: September 23, 2014, 12:30:04 PM »

yes

dwgbryant

« Reply #259 on: September 23, 2014, 12:32:55 PM »

yes

CB taught you well Grasshopper.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #260 on: September 23, 2014, 12:37:17 PM »

yes

I generally think cheap, mild $1-$2 cigars taste like cheap, crap cigars.  Can't be of much help at this specific point in time but some milder cigars I've gotten on sale lately, or as part of closeouts, have been old label Camacho connecticuts, Fuente Chateau Fuente naturals... also look for EPC NWCs on the Jam and load up when they surface.  They're up regularly enough that I'm sure an email/phone call could get you Jam pricing. 

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #261 on: September 23, 2014, 12:38:51 PM »

yes

ha. Sorry. Almost a subconcious response. Must mean the Banter is taking hold.

Anything you particurly like, or just a general question? Not a mild buyer myself, so I have limited suggestions.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #262 on: September 23, 2014, 12:42:27 PM »

yes

I generally think cheap, mild $1-$2 cigars taste like cheap, crap cigars.  Can't be of much help at this specific point in time but some milder cigars I've gotten on sale lately, or as part of closeouts, have been old label Camacho connecticuts, Fuente Chateau Fuente naturals... also look for EPC NWCs on the Jam and load up when they surface.  They're up regularly enough that I'm sure an email/phone call could get you Jam pricing.

Those E.P. Carrillo Core Short Run '13 Robusto's are 'still' on the clearance rack at cigar.com 10/29.95, but those are probably more Medium

http://www.cigar.com/sales/index.asp?t=clearance

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #263 on: September 23, 2014, 12:43:09 PM »

yes

Those E.P. Carrillo Core Short Run '13 Robusto's are 'still' on the clearance rack at cigar.com 10/29.95

Yep, those are still a good deal... not what I'd consider a mild morning cigar, though.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #264 on: September 23, 2014, 12:45:32 PM »

yes

Those E.P. Carrillo Core Short Run '13 Robusto's are 'still' on the clearance rack at cigar.com 10/29.95

Yep, those are still a good deal... not what I'd consider a mild morning cigar, though.

Correct, you were quick... I edited my post.

dwgbryant

« Reply #265 on: September 23, 2014, 12:45:51 PM »

yes

thanks Joe.
I need to stock up on Camacho connies, AF Chateau's, and New Waves, plus a few others. just all filled up with med-full at the present.

but wanted to keep the banter geared towards cigar conversations. ha.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #266 on: September 23, 2014, 12:49:18 PM »

yes

thanks Joe.
I need to stock up on Camacho connies, AF Chateau's, and New Waves, plus a few others. just all filled up with med-full at the present.

I've definitely been favoring milder cigars recently.  MF Connies are nice but not exactly cheap.  Other milder bodied cigars I've liked (though not necessarily good 'morning cigars' since they tend to be fuller flavored) are Illusione Rothchildes, CyBs, and the Tat Black we've been talking about.  Or ISOKWs.  I don't think anything pairs better with coffee in the morning than a Partagas Short or Ramon Allones SS or any ISOKW.  Not the cheapest cigars ever but also not horrible.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #267 on: September 23, 2014, 12:49:54 PM »

yes

thanks Joe.

As opposed to your landlady's chest... we are easily distracted. guys/boobs

dwgbryant

« Reply #268 on: September 23, 2014, 12:53:39 PM »

yes

thanks Joe.

As opposed to your landlady's chest... we are easily distracted. guys/boobs

still trying to get over that bust in my mouth yesterday. really wish I could have taken advantage of the situation.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #269 on: September 23, 2014, 12:55:20 PM »

yes

thanks Joe.

I've definitely been favoring milder cigars recently.  MF Connies are nice but not exactly cheap.  Other milder bodied cigars I've liked (though not necessarily good 'morning cigars' since they tend to be fuller flavored) are Illusione Rothchildes, CyBs, and the Tat Black we've been talking about.  Or ISOKWs.  I don't think anything pairs better with coffee in the morning than a Partagas Short or Ramon Allones SS or any ISOKW.  Not the cheapest cigars ever but also not horrible.

Lot of positive comments on the CLE connie, but once again not really 'cheap'.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28