CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22

Author Topic: 9/18/2014  (Read 46201 times)

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
Re: 9/18/2014
« Reply #165 on: September 18, 2014, 12:13:34 PM »

Yesterday my 2 year old grandson was trying to teach me how to sing the Spiderman song.  Did you ever have a 2 year old scold you for singing the wrong words...?
Maybe he needs a whooping for showing disrespect  :)     
Cut a switch?
better yet, do as my grand father used to do to my dad and make HIM go cut the switch.
That's what my dad had to do...he would get his ass whooped with the belt, have to go get the belt, and have to put the belt away! Raised in S.Texas...WHOOPIN!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #166 on: September 18, 2014, 12:14:14 PM »

How are you today Sam?

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #167 on: September 18, 2014, 12:15:46 PM »

Yesterday my 2 year old grandson was trying to teach me how to sing the Spiderman song.  Did you ever have a 2 year old scold you for singing the wrong words...?
Every day that I babysit him I say, "Oh, is it your birthday today...?"  Then I chase him all around the house, catch him and give my a (play) birthday spanking.  He really gets pissed at me for doing it, and keeps yelling, "it's NOT MY BIRTHDAY...!!!!"  I'm thinking about buying some cheap toys and wrapping them up, and when he says, "it's not my birthday," I'm going to say, "well, what am I going to do with these presents..?"

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #168 on: September 18, 2014, 12:16:20 PM »

Cut a switch?
better yet, do as my grand father used to do to my dad and make HIM go cut the switch.
That's what my dad had to do...he would get his ass whooped with the belt, have to go get the belt, and have to put the belt away! Raised in S.Texas...WHOOPIN!
My mother used to damn sure make me go get a switch off the mimosa tree and if it was not suitable when I selected it had to go get another one.  Then grab me by the left wrist proceeding to whoop my usually bare legs as we wore shorts almost all the time and dancing with the stars ain't got shit on me and my mother.  That said I probably only averaged one ass whooping for every three i deserved.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #169 on: September 18, 2014, 12:19:46 PM »

According to the Official Urban Dictionary:

Dave
A term used to refer to the coolest person in a group.
Oh man, I was the Dave of the party.

....just so you know.
Thank's for bringing that to my attention.  I've apparently been using the word wrong all of these years. Such as, "Oh damn, I've got my Dave caught in my zipper...!!!"  Or, "I keep stepping on my Dave..!"
That's your Shaun.  Duh.
Beat me to it, glad you corrected him....sometimes BD is a little slow on the uptake...
I can't seem to keep anything straight anymore.  Some one asked me why don't I post on the other banter...?  Well, it's because I can only do one thing at a time.  Posting on two banters would really be confusing to me... Oh well....

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #170 on: September 18, 2014, 12:25:45 PM »

Cut a switch?
My mother used to damn sure make me go get a switch off the mimosa tree and if it was not suitable when I selected it had to go get another one.  Then grab me by the left wrist proceeding to whoop my usually bare legs as we wore shorts almost all the time and dancing with the stars ain't got shit on me and my mother.  That said I probably only averaged one ass whooping for every three i deserved.
Isn't there a Football player in hot water over using a switch on his kid...?  It seems like I heard some thing on news about it...?

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #171 on: September 18, 2014, 12:30:19 PM »

Cut a switch?
Isn't there a Football player in hot water over using a switch on his kid...?  It seems like I heard some thing on news about it...?
Adrian Peterson’s indictment for swatting son with a switch .... 
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/12/adrian-petersons-indictment-for-swatting-son-with-a-switch/

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #172 on: September 18, 2014, 12:32:09 PM »

Cut a switch?
Aaaah, the good old days!
Scary thing is we are just 2 generations removed from that being acceptable behavior to people being put in jail for it.  shows no matter where you are, things can change from bad to worse pretty quickly, and it's not hard to get the masses to accept it.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #173 on: September 18, 2014, 12:32:43 PM »

How are you today Sam?
Hey Dave!  doing well, thanks!  how 'bout you?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #174 on: September 18, 2014, 12:37:16 PM »

How are you today Sam?
Plugging along, ready to head home, but that's not till tomorrow evening.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #175 on: September 18, 2014, 12:39:56 PM »

How are you today Sam?
Plugging along, ready to head home, but that's not till tomorrow evening.
>>>Good trip?

dwgbryant

« Reply #176 on: September 18, 2014, 12:56:22 PM »

these road trips are about to come to an end. we looked at air conditioners but now Redneck Rick is going to call in an order, have them deliver it, and make monthly payments. Rich Guy Danny and Redneck Rick wanted to find a place to eat. I pulled into a roadside BBQ place and it apparently didn't suit them. I ate alone. then it was a trip to the liquor store, a trip to a thrift store and head back to the park. then they started grumbling about how 'short' the road trip was.

Ramon Bueso Genesis and water. Life is Gooder.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #177 on: September 18, 2014, 12:57:46 PM »

these road trips are about to come to an end. we looked at air conditioners but now Redneck Rick is going to call in an order, have them deliver it, and make monthly payments. Rich Guy Danny and Redneck Rick wanted to find a place to eat. I pulled into a roadside BBQ place and it apparently didn't suit them. I ate alone. then it was a trip to the liquor store, a trip to a thrift store and head back to the park. then they started grumbling about how 'short' the road trip was.

Sounds like you found some new deadbeats!

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #178 on: September 18, 2014, 01:01:10 PM »

Sounds like you found some new deadbeats!
Are you the new Chauffeur....?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #179 on: September 18, 2014, 01:06:03 PM »

Sounds like the nut bus to me.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22