CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21

Author Topic: 9/17/2014  (Read 42940 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 9/17/2014
« Reply #210 on: September 17, 2014, 02:21:55 PM »

Just saw that FSU pulled Jameis Winston from the first half of the Clemson game due to standing on a table and publically shouting "I'm going to f*ck her in her pussy".  Apparently a reference to some meme or something....
well, at least he got the right spot.
Question is what is wrong with that, did not hit her or whoop here or nothing.
Political correctness (2 words DIRECTLY from hell) rears it's ugly head.  He's guilty of poor taste and lack of civility.  last time I checked the only sanctioned punishment for that was ridicule and abuse from your friends.  which if you do yell something like that, you richly deserve.  got nuttin to do wid football.
A decision must be made by all fans both college and NFL - do you want the great hard hitting football we have today or do you want little gentlemen tiddling around saying nice things all the time?  Just cant have it both ways.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #211 on: September 17, 2014, 02:22:16 PM »

And with that insult, I'm out. Hazzuh yourself!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #212 on: September 17, 2014, 02:23:32 PM »

Just saw that FSU pulled Jameis Winston from the first half of the Clemson game due to standing on a table and publically shouting "I'm going to f*ck her in her pussy".  Apparently a reference to some meme or something....
Political correctness (2 words DIRECTLY from hell) rears it's ugly head.  He's guilty of poor taste and lack of civility.  last time I checked the only sanctioned punishment for that was ridicule and abuse from your friends.  which if you do yell something like that, you richly deserve.  got nuttin to do wid football.
A decision must be made by all fans both college and NFL - do you want the great hard hitting football we have today or do you want little gentlemen tiddling around saying nice things all the time?  Just cant have it both ways.
Not sure that playing good football and not speaking like a high schooler are mutually exclusive.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #213 on: September 17, 2014, 02:24:05 PM »

And a Hazzuh to you too.  See you bright and early in the morning or are you off with Chip  tomorrow?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #214 on: September 17, 2014, 02:25:51 PM »

Not sure that playing good football and not speaking like a high schooler are mutually exclusive.
I would say he was speaking more like an NFL'r probably.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #215 on: September 17, 2014, 02:26:42 PM »

Nah, not enough n-words. Haha.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #216 on: September 17, 2014, 02:27:05 PM »

And a Hazzuh to you too.  See you bright and early in the morning or are you off with Chip  tomorrow?
Nope, off Thursdays. Ok, I'm really gone now.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #217 on: September 17, 2014, 02:27:36 PM »

Nah, not enough n-words. Haha.
Valid Point!

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #218 on: September 17, 2014, 02:29:11 PM »

Completely disagree. What we seem to forget about these kids is they are supposed to be there for an education first, football second. They have a responsibility to teach them how to act like men, not spoiled little kids. Unfortunately, that whole education first thing tends to get lost at the big-time schools.
I do think the colleges should put education 1st.  this country's in a lot of trouble because education hasn't been taken seriously enough.  I don't see how it's the colleges responsibility to be the parents to these kids.  of course, having altruistically said all of that. I agree that if parents are too stoopid or lazy to teach their kids how to act in public, then i can see where someone has to step in.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #219 on: September 17, 2014, 02:30:36 PM »

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #220 on: September 17, 2014, 02:32:11 PM »

Completely disagree. What we seem to forget about these kids is they are supposed to be there for an education first, football second. They have a responsibility to teach them how to act like men, not spoiled little kids. Unfortunately, that whole education first thing tends to get lost at the big-time schools.
I do think the colleges should put education 1st.  this country's in a lot of trouble because education hasn't been taken seriously enough.  I don't see how it's the colleges responsibility to be the parents to these kids.  of course, having altruistically said all of that. I agree that if parents are too stoopid or lazy to teach their kids how to act in public, then i can see where someone has to step in.
Individual responsibility.  Just sayin'...

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #221 on: September 17, 2014, 02:37:09 PM »

I don't think "responsibility" is ok to say anymore.  Wouldn't want folks to be offended.  GFY!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #222 on: September 17, 2014, 02:42:18 PM »

Now that is asking a little too much! :o

sfish

« Reply #223 on: September 17, 2014, 02:52:36 PM »

Hmmm, Edgar Hoill Lancero. I'd like to try that

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #224 on: September 17, 2014, 03:08:23 PM »

Hey MFers!