CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21

Author Topic: 9/17/2014  (Read 42936 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 9/17/2014
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2014, 07:52:47 AM »

Gentlemen.  I see I got here while there's still hot coffee.  But TXDave ate the last donut.  Sheesh.
That bastard!!  But donuts do sound good...
Indeed.  Good thing there's no Krispey Kreme on my way in to work, I'd be big trouble.  Emphasis on big.
I pass by 3 Dunkin Donuts, a local town donut shop, and 2 honey dew donut shops (Regional chain).  The force is not strong with me...
Nothing even open when I come in but I only have trouble resisting 3 kinds - Southern Made (onlly a few of those around in NW Louisiana and East Texas but best anywhere), Shipley's (not sure where all they cover but quite a few in TX and some in Louisiana) and Krispy Cream is pretty good but only 1 place here for those and not near me.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2014, 07:53:22 AM »

Morning Gents!
Morning CG - what do we celebrate on Wednesday anyway?

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2014, 07:56:23 AM »

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2014, 07:57:13 AM »

Morning Gents!
Good mornin Tex - shit, made it through another night of class last night!  That's worth celebrating.  2 more days until payday?  The glass for my humi is done, need to find a time to go get that...thinking tomorrow afternoon.

dwgbryant

« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2014, 08:00:13 AM »

good morning Chip, Dave, Dave, Dave, Fitzy, Tony and Mark. golf day this afternoon. hope the rain holds off and that the course has good drainage because it poured all day yesterday. OOO and coffee here.
Morning Dean.  Read this morning you got a Red Tide down there in your area.  That is a hell of a mess for the fishing folks.
I'm not sure what that is but they were talking alot about it yesterday. they were also talking about the reds coming in eating the mullets and the sharks eating the reds. a hell of a way to fish.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2014, 08:02:20 AM »

good morning Chip, Dave, Dave, Dave, Fitzy, Tony and Mark. golf day this afternoon. hope the rain holds off and that the course has good drainage because it poured all day yesterday. OOO and coffee here.
Morning Dean.  Read this morning you got a Red Tide down there in your area.  That is a hell of a mess for the fishing folks.
I'm not sure what that is but they were talking alot about it yesterday. they were also talking about the reds coming in eating the mullets and the sharks eating the reds. a hell of a way to fish.
Means all the menstruating women took a swim last night...fish hate it!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2014, 08:03:11 AM »

dwgbryant

« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2014, 08:05:33 AM »

ha. don't know anyone or anything that does like it.
morning Shaun.

Threebean

« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2014, 08:07:17 AM »

Gentlemen.  I see I got here while there's still hot coffee.  But TXDave ate the last donut.  Sheesh.
Morning Bean!  I left the Food Coloring Gold Round Rock Donuts for you so if there are none of those left somebody else did it.
Ha, I know those are coveted in many quarters, but not by me.  Not a terrible donut, but I'd rather have a Krispy Kreme, or even an HEB.  Sorry, just don't get it.

Threebean

« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2014, 08:10:58 AM »

Just a bit of toxic algae, kills the fish, fish wash up on beach, a day or two in the sun...you get the idea. Not so good for the oyster industry, either.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2014, 08:11:45 AM »

It can kill fish like crazy.

"They are part of the natural system of the gulf, so we do get used to seeing them," .  "This one is large, but not the largest we've ever seen."

This particular type of red tide, sometimes called "Florida red tide," occurs when a microscopic algae called Karenia brevis (or K. brevis for short), begins to multiply out of control.

Florida red tides do not seem to be affected by human activity. They have been observed off the Florida coast since the 1700s and usually start between 10 and 40 miles offshore.

But just because they occur naturally doesn't mean they are no big deal. K. brevis produces a toxin that attacks the central nervous systems of fish, birds, and marine mammals. Already, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission reports that thousands of snapper, grouper, grunts, crabs, bull sharks, lionfish, sea snakes, octopus and eel have been found dead.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2014, 08:13:49 AM »

Morning Bean!  I left the Food Coloring Gold Round Rock Donuts for you so if there are none of those left somebody else did it.
Ha, I know those are coveted in many quarters, but not by me.  Not a terrible donut, but I'd rather have a Krispy Kreme, or even an HEB.  Sorry, just don't get it.
Believe Me I never understood the RR Donut Craze!  Came here and people talked about them like they were precious metals tried one and the worst donut i think I ever had from a donut shop.  People bring them to the office occasionally and that is good because I have no problem resisting them.  Good Lord one of those mf's weighs about 2 pounds.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2014, 08:20:34 AM »

ha. don't know anyone or anything that does like it.
morning Shaun.
Haha, good morning Dean!  Probably sharks, but that's about it!

dwgbryant

« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2014, 08:21:11 AM »

going to clean my clubs and check my balls and get ready for some golf.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2014, 08:21:22 AM »

Morning Gents!
Humping.
Should be celebrated every day, but we'll take humpday.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21