Morning, all. Nice little herf with Jersey Dave last night... had a My Father connie and an EPC Short Run 2012.  Drank a Stone Xocoveza and a Modern Times Oatmeal Stout.
Morning Joe, how was the Stone? And I'm not talking about the one that got etched and tucked into Tony's anus

Morning, Scott.  Not really a fan.  I've had it twice now, once in bottle and once on draft.  I did like it more on draft as it had less pepper, but Dave put it best last night when he said the flavors all tasted artificial.  Not a re-purchase for me.
Since we're doing beer talk, last evening I had my third distinct beer from Victory Brewery.  It was the Festbier.  Not sure why I keep trying, they just aren't for me.

Maybe the fourth will be the charm.  Funny how that happens - you get in a rut and feel the need to find SOMETHING from a brewery (or cigar manufacturer, or whatever) until you find one that you like.  Hard to just write off an entire 'brand' but sometimes the flavors just aren't for you.  Morning, Tony.
That's the same way I feel about Torano. I wanted to like something cause Charlie is such a good guy. Or at least, I thought so before he hung all his employees out to dry.
Isn't Tony A Friend of Charlie?
I haven't heard Charlie admit that.
Excellent point, maybe the name should be "A Stalker of Charlie" or "A Pain in The Ass of Charlie"
"Charlie is in my ass"
Did mean to say that out loud? Isn't it hard to type?
Aw shit...I see what you did there!  Not in my house!

[...]

... Along with my head and a rock.  That makes me hungry.  See yuz after lunch.
Lunch #2 or #3?

[...]

And sometimes it is best to just try 1 or 2 and write it off sooner than later.  Abita from New Orleans would be a prime example of that for me, would have saved me some spitting.  Or in terms of Cigars Ghurka and Graycliff would be some nice examples.

Rogue is the brewery that comes to mind for this.. just don't seem to care much for their stuff.  Otherwise I've just been sampling totally random things and haven't tried a whole lot from any one brewery.  Haven't been able to get in to pepper or bourbon barrel aged beers much, despite thinking/feeling that I should like them.  Got a long list of cigar manufacturers that I don't care for and just ignore all together.
Abita orginal simply tastes like  Pee (as I perceive pee might taste like) and the others taste like artificially flavored Pee.

Ha, I always kinda think the same thing about the few Abita brews I've had.  Always try some when I visit my folks in Mississippi but they all seem to have this strange buttery taste to them.  Can't put my finger on what to call it... urine, I guess.
Not speaking from personal experience, but I highly doubt urine tastes like butter. Just sayin'.
Yeah and they don't call it "urine" in Mississippi either.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!

[...]

Morning, Dave.  I don't know a whole lot about the situation but sometimes, business is business.  What's to say the guy who risked everything at some point in his life shouldn't be able to reap the rewards and ride off in to the sunset?  Just my opinion.  Can't think of brands I don't care for outside of the ones I've talked about countless times... AJF (site exclusive garbage), Illusione, Viaje...
Yeah, business is business, but a move like that rubs me the wrong way. I'm from a mindset of you take care of the people who got you where you are, you don't dump them aside as soon as they help you reach a big step like that. But I know that's just me, and in the business world, I would be in the minority.
At least you are getting rubbed...even if it is the wrong way! ;)
not so sure that's a good thing, you can get a rash from being rubbed the wrong way.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!

[...]

Home made chicken noodle soup here my friend, come on down to DE and I'll share!

[...]

Very true...just lube up!

[...]

When in MS drink Mississippi - Lazy Magnolia Stuff lead off by their staple Southern Pecan.   If you want something from Louisiana try LA 31.

[...]

With so many damn beers out there, I've pretty much done the same thing I do with cigars....find a couple of brands that I like and primarily stick to new offerings from them.  Occasionally, venture out and try something different and sometimes get a winner.  Sam Adams may not be the flashiest, but they rarely do me wrong, Southern Tier, Terrapin, DuClaw, Mother Earth, Stone, Alesmith, Ballast Point are my comfort zone.

[...]

Sam Adams is always a good reliable sip and available all over.  Most of your others will not be found in these parts.  Southern Pecan is always in my cooler at home along with something from Shiner, Sam Adams and then one something "new to me" sort of thing.

[...]

Kinda hard to walk with all that baggage, isn't it?
Logged

dogdays

Hey Tony, when you don't have anything to do it would be really nice to have the Jam Offerings just pop up on the Banter as soon as they refresh on the site.  That way Chip and Dave would have less work to do all night and day and we would not have to be going back and forth thus able to have more time enjoying your high profit banter.
Not gonna happen.

Open a new tab and go to this link:  http://www.todaysdod.com/jam/

You should see the current deal in the tab, don't even have to switch over to it.
this is a cool site .

[...]

True, but they are available on the east coast so I am able to enjoy.  Forgot to include Alagash....

Guess I will get out and find me some lunch.  Some Mexican maybe but who knows.

Hey Tony, when you don't have anything to do it would be really nice to have the Jam Offerings just pop up on the Banter as soon as they refresh on the site.  That way Chip and Dave would have less work to do all night and day and we would not have to be going back and forth thus able to have more time enjoying your high profit banter.
Not gonna happen.

Open a new tab and go to this link:  http://www.todaysdod.com/jam/

You should see the current deal in the tab, don't even have to switch over to it.
this is a cool site .
Yeah I have used it for a long time but would be better if Tony the Donut Hole would do the simple things we ask for as we are only trying to make his banter more profitable.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!

BTW, yesterday, I did smoke a PDR Reserva Limitada and while not a huge PDR fan, these are pretty good.  has a spicy taste that stays with the whole smoke, but there are some subtle underlying changes that were also tasty!  got 2 definite sweet/spicy changes while still keeping the overall spicy flavor.