CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: 9/14/2014  (Read 25981 times)

TRO

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
Re: 9/14/2014
« Reply #120 on: September 14, 2014, 12:31:32 PM »

Interesting college football yesterday for an "off" weekend.  Boston College, Virginia with big wins.  Wish Georgia hadn't choked, and Texas almost took care of UCLA.  Looking like Oregon and Oklahoma are the only two really solid teams.
Don't know about Georgia choking.  If possible, their secondary is worse than South Carolina's.  Nice clock management by Richt as well.
Tom!!!  How the heck are ya?  6th grade wasn't the same without you.
I wish you would play the tape.  Some parts of sixth grade were more fun.
Wish I could.  Poor memory.  High School fucked that up.
I think I know that.  Some parts of high school are fuzzy.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #121 on: September 14, 2014, 12:34:53 PM »

Interesting college football yesterday for an "off" weekend.  Boston College, Virginia with big wins.  Wish Georgia hadn't choked, and Texas almost took care of UCLA.  Looking like Oregon and Oklahoma are the only two really solid teams.
Don't know about Georgia choking.  If possible, their secondary is worse than South Carolina's.  Nice clock management by Richt as well.
Not to mention play selection and a nice touch of poor officiating....
First down on the four and you have Gurley.....what do you do? ....Pass of course!
And your defense gets eaten alive in the first half so what do you come back out with in the second half?   Of course more of the same.  What benefit did clock management offer?   A closer LOSS and probably the SEC East Championship while probably handing it to a marginal team.  Hope I am proven wrong!

dwgbryant

« Reply #122 on: September 14, 2014, 12:35:41 PM »

By the way, chicken is going in the slow cooker.  Thanks for the inspiration, Deano.
anytime Tony, going to throw some hot Italian sausage on the grill shortly meself.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #123 on: September 14, 2014, 12:39:39 PM »

By the way, chicken is going in the slow cooker.  Thanks for the inspiration, Deano.
anytime Tony, going to throw some hot Italian sausage on the grill shortly meself.
That grill getting some serious work.  You do charcoal or gas? While charcoal adds some nice flavors, particularly with a decent steak, gas is like the microwave of grilling, just turn it on, little cleanup after.

TRO

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #124 on: September 14, 2014, 12:43:20 PM »

First down on the four and you have Gurley.....what do you do? ....Pass of course!
And your defense gets eaten alive in the first half so what do you come back out with in the second half?   Of course more of the same.  What benefit did clock management offer?   A closer LOSS and probably the SEC East Championship while probably handing it to a marginal team.  Hope I am proven wrong!
What were they going to do at halftime?  Get some defensive backs that could cover?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #125 on: September 14, 2014, 12:44:27 PM »

That grill getting some serious work.  You do charcoal or gas? While charcoal adds some nice flavors, particularly with a decent steak, gas is like the microwave of grilling, just turn it on, little cleanup after.
Gas here, 'cause I'm way too lazy.  Do enjoy flavor of charcoal better though.  Which reminds me, I should probably take my little Weber out of the trunk.  Been there since CF.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #126 on: September 14, 2014, 12:44:31 PM »

Not a bad call if you have seen the SC secondary.  Nice read on the play by SC end/linebacker.  Georgia QB made a dumb play.  Should have just chucked it out of the end zone.
A real bad call if you look at the outcome while knowing you have one of the best running backs in the NCAA on the field who averaged about 6.5 yds/carry in the game.  But it sadly came down to a kicker that was certainly not on his 20 straight successful kicks game.  Hate to have been his poor mother last night.  Officiating was poor but I will say it was poor both ways.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #127 on: September 14, 2014, 12:47:06 PM »

What were they going to do at halftime?  Get some defensive backs that could cover?
Perhaps change the game plan, same backs did not struggle against Clemson while the same receivers sucked against the Aggies.  Spurrier  came on the field with a passing plan and played the defense the same all night. 

TRO

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #128 on: September 14, 2014, 12:50:34 PM »

Time to watch the criminal laden NFL.  See you gents later.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #129 on: September 14, 2014, 12:51:11 PM »

Time to watch the criminal laden NFL.  See you gents later.
Enjoy but don't yell Redskins!

dwgbryant

« Reply #130 on: September 14, 2014, 12:57:30 PM »

I do gas. it's lower maintenance for me.
:)

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #131 on: September 14, 2014, 12:59:04 PM »

I do gas. it's lower maintenance for me.
:)
I do both

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #132 on: September 14, 2014, 01:00:05 PM »

Brisket Tacos here for lunch then Nascar.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #133 on: September 14, 2014, 01:09:14 PM »

That sounds yummy.  Maybe I'll use the pulled chicken for tacos.  Originally thinking with rice and beans.  Hmmm, I'll have to think about that.

dwgbryant

« Reply #134 on: September 14, 2014, 01:10:07 PM »

like to find internet streaming for it.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13