Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2017, 07:51:50 AM »

Ten years ago: Attorney General Alberto Gonzales announced his resignation after a controversy over the firings of nine U.S. attorneys. Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick apologized for "using bad judgment and making bad decisions" and vowed to redeem himself after pleading guilty in Richmond, Virginia, to a federal dogfighting charge (Vick ended up serving 19 months in federal prison).

Five years ago: Republicans opened their national convention in Tampa, Florida, a day late, then immediately recessed as Tropical Storm Isaac surged toward New Orleans and the northern Gulf Coast.

One year ago: Republican Donald Trump warned of a "war on the American farmer," telling a crowd in Iowa that rival Hillary Clinton wanted "to shut down family farms" and implement anti-agriculture policies; Trump's speech at the annual "Roast and Ride" fundraiser for GOP Sen. Joni Ernst came just hours after Clinton received her first national security briefing as the Democratic presidential nominee.

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2017, 07:52:17 AM »

Today's Birthdays: Author Lady Antonia Fraser is 85. Actor Tommy Sands is 80. Bluegrass singer-musician J.D. Crowe is 80. Musician Daryl Dragon is 75. Actress Tuesday Weld is 74. Actor G.W. Bailey is 73. Rock singer-musician Tim Bogert is 73. Actress Marianne Sagebrecht is 72. Country musician Jeff Cook is 68. Actor Paul Reubens is 65. Rock musician Alex Lifeson (Rush) is 64. Actor Peter Stormare is 64. Actress Diana Scarwid is 62. Rock musician Glen Matlock (The Sex Pistols) is 61. Golfer Bernhard Langer is 60. Country singer Jeffrey Steele is 56. Gospel singer Yolanda Adams is 56. Movie director Tom Ford (Film: "Nocturnal Animals") is 56. Country musician Matthew Basford (Yankee Grey) is 55. Writer-producer Dean Devlin is 55. Rock musician Mike Johnson is 52. Rap musician Bobo (Cypress Hill) is 50. Country singer Colt Ford is 48. Actress Chandra Wilson is 48. Rock musician Tony Kanal (No Doubt) is 47. Actress Sarah Chalke is 41. Actor RonReaco (correct) Lee is 41. Rapper Mase is 40. Actress-singer Demetria McKinney is 39. Actor Aaron Paul is 38. Rock musician Jon Siebels (Eve 6) is 38. Actor Shaun Weiss is 38. Contemporary Christian musician Megan Garrett (Casting Crowns) is 37. Actor Kyle Lowder is 37. Actor Patrick J. Adams is 36. Actress Karla Mosley is 36. Actress Amanda Fuller is 33. Singer Mario is 31. Actress Alexa PenaVega is 29. Actor Ellar Coltrane is 23. Actress Savannah Paige Rae is 14.

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2017, 07:53:12 AM »

Thought for Today: "In order to have wisdom we must have ignorance." - Theodore Dreiser, American author (born this date in 1871, died 1945).

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2017, 08:04:00 AM »

24 hour rain totals in this area of Austin average around 5-6" but just east of here they are double to triple that.  Not more than 75 miles northwest of here they are at or near 0".
my baby sister is in Bastrop. her husband is a lineman and she was left home alone freaking out with their dog.

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2017, 08:04:33 AM »

morning Daves and Tony.

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2017, 08:14:38 AM »

24 hour rain totals in this area of Austin average around 5-6" but just east of here they are double to triple that.  Not more than 75 miles northwest of here they are at or near 0".
my baby sister is in Bastrop. her husband is a lineman and she was left home alone freaking out with their dog.
As of 4 minutes ago 13.78" of rain in Bastrop for the week with 11.22" in the past 24".

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2017, 08:15:03 AM »

Morning Mayor, Dave and Dean

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2017, 08:16:40 AM »

24 hour rain totals in this area of Austin average around 5-6" but just east of here they are double to triple that.  Not more than 75 miles northwest of here they are at or near 0".
my baby sister is in Bastrop. her husband is a lineman and she was left home alone freaking out with their dog.
Your brother-in-law will be busy for a while. Lots of OT.

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2017, 08:17:38 AM »

Good morning, Dave and Dean.

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2017, 08:17:42 AM »

Thought for Today: "In order to have wisdom we must have ignorance." - Theodore Dreiser, American author (born this date in 1871, died 1945).
Based on this rain event if the two are proportionally equal then we have a shit-ton of Wisdom stored up in SE Texas.

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2017, 08:30:07 AM »

Morning Dean.

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2017, 08:36:28 AM »

Thought for Today: "In order to have wisdom we must have ignorance." - Theodore Dreiser, American author (born this date in 1871, died 1945).
Based on this rain event if the two are proportionally equal then we have a shit-ton of Wisdom stored up in SE Texas.
Unless it's moving to South Carolina?

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2017, 08:37:54 AM »

24 hour rain totals in this area of Austin average around 5-6" but just east of here they are double to triple that.  Not more than 75 miles northwest of here they are at or near 0".
my baby sister is in Bastrop. her husband is a lineman and she was left home alone freaking out with their dog.
Your brother-in-law will be busy for a while. Lots of OT.
I'm sure.

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2017, 08:38:32 AM »

off for breakfast.

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2017, 08:43:26 AM »

btw - wait until that Powerball winner gets the bill from the police department.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6