CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: 8/16/2017  (Read 12536 times)

Threebean

Re: 8/16/2017
« Reply #135 on: August 16, 2017, 07:47:20 PM »

Went with a Rocky Patel 15th anniversary. Not bad but nothing to write home about either.

Still hit the spot and glad I got an opportunity to smoke something.
Just lit an El Oso gifted by a peripatetic Dave on his last trip to TX. Starting out uniquely "woodsy". Promising.
Pretty certain it's tastier than my RP.
Haven't had an RP in a while, but I would take that bet.   Evening, Mr Mayor.  Enjoying the new ride?

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #136 on: August 16, 2017, 07:52:52 PM »

Went with a Rocky Patel 15th anniversary. Not bad but nothing to write home about either.

Just lit an El Oso gifted by a peripatetic Dave on his last trip to TX. Starting out uniquely "woodsy". Promising.
Haven't had an RP in a while, but I would take that bet.   Evening, Mr Mayor.  Enjoying the new ride?
For comparison purposes the El Oso is my son's favorite cigar and easily a top 3 or 4 for me.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #137 on: August 16, 2017, 08:03:09 PM »

I've only put about 20 miles on it so far. Drive back from the dealership on Monday and took the fam for a quick spin yesterday. Plan to put about 120 miles on it tomorrow; round trip to the NJ herf.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #138 on: August 16, 2017, 08:03:58 PM »

For comparison purposes the El Oso is my son's favorite cigar and easily a top 3 or 4 for me.
Raspberry thumbprint cookies?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #139 on: August 16, 2017, 08:27:27 PM »

There ARE OTHER good profiles... ::)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #140 on: August 16, 2017, 08:31:37 PM »

You're probably right. Leather?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #141 on: August 16, 2017, 08:47:41 PM »

Sorry but not on my personal favorites list but I have a box aging

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #142 on: August 16, 2017, 08:48:31 PM »

Leather  :o. You talking about Dean

Threebean

« Reply #143 on: August 16, 2017, 09:09:45 PM »

Definitely a fine smoke.  Might have to treat myself to a box once this damn project is done.

Threebean

« Reply #144 on: August 16, 2017, 09:10:36 PM »

I've only put about 20 miles on it so far. Drive back from the dealership on Monday and took the fam for a quick spin yesterday. Plan to put about 120 miles on it tomorrow; round trip to the NJ herf.
Be sure to grab a CD from The Artist Formerly Known As Flip for the ride home, break it in properly. 
Edit: Does it even have a CD player?  Not sure if new cars have them these days.

Threebean

« Reply #145 on: August 16, 2017, 09:15:31 PM »

I wish I was better at describing cigar flavors.  I will say the Warped line is distinctive, though I'll give the edge to the GotF branch-off. 

Threebean

« Reply #146 on: August 16, 2017, 09:24:30 PM »

Granny panties made in leather?  Sure as hell not interested in finding out.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #147 on: August 16, 2017, 09:43:31 PM »

Sorry but not on my personal favorites list but I have a box aging
You have a lot of boxes aging.... ;)
How is the transition humi holding up?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #148 on: August 16, 2017, 09:45:15 PM »

I wish I was better at describing cigar flavors.  I will say the Warped line is distinctive, though I'll give the edge to the GotF branch-off.
It takes a very vivid imagination to describe cigar flavors beyond cedar, leather, hay and Turd flavor .  All this cloves, cinnamon and allspice, etc............is bullshit I think.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #149 on: August 16, 2017, 09:45:44 PM »

Granny panties made in leather?  Sure as hell not interested in finding out.
That sure puts a damper on the evening....
I may have to resign from the council if you're going to say things like that.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12