CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: 8/16/2017  (Read 12497 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 8/16/2017
« Reply #165 on: August 16, 2017, 10:33:30 PM »

Went with a Rocky Patel 15th anniversary. Not bad but nothing to write home about either.

Still hit the spot and glad I got an opportunity to smoke something.
Just lit an El Oso gifted by a peripatetic Dave on his last trip to TX. Starting out uniquely "woodsy". Promising.
Pretty certain it's tastier than my RP.
Haven't had an RP in a while, but I would take that bet.   Evening, Mr Mayor.  Enjoying the new ride?
For comparison purposes the El Oso is my son's favorite cigar and easily a top 3 or 4 for me.
Raspberry thumbprint cookies?
There ARE OTHER good profiles... ::)
I wish I was better at describing cigar flavors.  I will say the Warped line is distinctive, though I'll give the edge to the GotF branch-off.
It takes a very vivid imagination to describe cigar flavors beyond cedar, leather, hay and Turd flavor .  All this cloves, cinnamon and allspice, etc............is bullshit I think.
Bullshit doesn't agree with my palate.
Guess you don't like Bueso's then
Actually, I do. Not that I go out of my way to smoke them but I wouldn't turn one away either.
I can honestly say Buesos and OOO's are taste wise about the two worst cigars I have ever tried to smoke.  And I would turn them away.
To each his own. I enjoy both.
I have Bueso's and smoke them occasionally.  One of those smoke-while-working sticks.  Not a OOO fan, though. But worst ever?  Heaven knows there are plenty of lower tier dog rockets out there.  TxDave just thinks the Bueso are commie smokes.   :D
For sure.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #166 on: August 16, 2017, 11:13:11 PM »

Went with a Rocky Patel 15th anniversary. Not bad but nothing to write home about either.

Just lit an El Oso gifted by a peripatetic Dave on his last trip to TX. Starting out uniquely "woodsy". Promising.
Haven't had an RP in a while, but I would take that bet.   Evening, Mr Mayor.  Enjoying the new ride?
For comparison purposes the El Oso is my son's favorite cigar and easily a top 3 or 4 for me.
I wish I was better at describing cigar flavors.  I will say the Warped line is distinctive, though I'll give the edge to the GotF branch-off.
It takes a very vivid imagination to describe cigar flavors beyond cedar, leather, hay and Turd flavor .  All this cloves, cinnamon and allspice, etc............is bullshit I think.
Actually, I do. Not that I go out of my way to smoke them but I wouldn't turn one away either.
I can honestly say Buesos and OOO's are taste wise about the two worst cigars I have ever tried to smoke.  And I would turn them away.
I have Bueso's and smoke them occasionally.  One of those smoke-while-working sticks.  Not a OOO fan, though. But worst ever?  Heaven knows there are plenty of lower tier dog rockets out there.  TxDave just thinks the Bueso are commie smokes.   :D
Aren't they?   ;)

Threebean

« Reply #167 on: August 16, 2017, 11:17:39 PM »

Aren't they?   ;)
Guilt by association.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]