CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on September 18, 2022, 12:00:12 AM

Title: 9/18/2022
Post by: CigarBanter on September 18, 2022, 12:00:12 AM
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: razgueado on September 18, 2022, 05:08:21 AM
"Excuse the question and feel free to tell me to GFY but is that a paid gig? I just always assumed it was all volunteer. It's just the way you said that you resigned."

It was a paid gig. I'll miss the $600-$900 a month. But not enough to continue to endure it.
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: razgueado on September 18, 2022, 05:09:30 AM
Acceptable, considering I'm mostly drunk.

Wordle 456 4/6

🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: razgueado on September 18, 2022, 05:09:42 AM
Night, lads.
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 18, 2022, 06:43:07 AM
Fore!

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220918/6bd6338dc9d1d0d90a59fdd79bb24091.jpg)
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 18, 2022, 09:30:03 AM
Fore!

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220918/6bd6338dc9d1d0d90a59fdd79bb24091.jpg)
Fine way to greet the day.
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 18, 2022, 09:30:31 AM
Off to quite the start this morning.
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 18, 2022, 09:31:51 AM
From Joe at CI:

Oliva Serie 'V' Melanio Robusto
(5.0"x52)Pack of 10
| MSRP: $11.00 per cigar

In Stock
5 out of 5
Buy More, Save More!
BUY 10 CIGARS
$5.50
per cigar
$54.99 total price
SAVE 50%
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 18, 2022, 09:33:35 AM
Also from CI, get 20% off sitewide using Fall20 (orders over $125)
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 18, 2022, 09:34:42 AM
Also from CI, Weekend Spotlight:

Cuba Libre One Toro Boxes
Only $59.99 + Palio Cutter Upgrade!
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 18, 2022, 09:37:32 AM
Now, from the Sis:

Door #1

Rocky's Summer Stunners Sampler
10 Cigars
$49.99
MSRP : $110.12 | 55% OFF

Rocky Patel Summertime Collection contains:

1 x Vintage '90 Robusto (5.5"x50) '92' rated

1 x Vintage '03 Robusto (5.5"x50) '93' rated

1 x Vintage '99 Robusto (5.5"x50)

1 x Super Ligero Robusto (5.0"x50) '90' rated

1 x Decade Cameroon Robusto (5.0"x50) '90' rated

1 x The Edge Maduro Toro (6.0"x52) '92' rated

1 x The Edge Corojo Toro (6.0"x52) '90' rated

1 x Broadleaf Toro (6.0"x52)

1 x Connecticut Toro (6.0"x50)

1 x Royal Vintage Torpedo (6.1"x52)
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 18, 2022, 09:38:26 AM
Door #2

Drew Estate Tabak Especial Lonsdale
(6.8"x44)Box of 10
$59.99
MSRP : $90.00 | 33% OFF
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 18, 2022, 09:40:43 AM
And Door #3

Alec Bradley Robusto Sampler
10 Cigars
$49.99
MSRP : $70.65 | 29% OFF

Alan Rubin's finest creations all in one carefully crafted box. As an included bonus, the special edition Road Warrior Double Torch Lighter will make lighting your hefty blends a breeze.

Alec Bradley Gordo Sampler contains:

1 x Alec Bradley Connecticut Gordo (6.0”x60)

1 x Alec Bradley The Lineage Gordo (6.5”x65)

1 x Alec Bradley Nica Puro Gordo (6.2”x60)

1 x Alec Bradley Black Market Gordo (6.0”x60)

1 x Alec Bradley American Sun Grown Gordo (6.0”x60)

1 x Alec Bradley MAXX The Freak (6.3”x60)

(I know the offer says 10, but the text only lists six)
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 18, 2022, 09:53:38 AM
Today is Sunday, Sept. 18, the 261st day of 2022.
There are 104 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On Sept. 18, 2020, Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, a towering women’s rights champion who became the court’s second female justice, died at her home in Washington at the age of 87 of complications from pancreatic cancer; her death set off a battle over whether President Donald Trump should nominate a successor, or the seat should remain vacant until the outcome of the election six weeks away. (Trump would nominate Amy Coney Barrett, who was confirmed by the Republican-led Senate days before the election.)

On this date:

In A.D. 14, the Roman Senate officially confirmed Tiberius as the second emperor of the Roman Empire, succeeding the late Augustus.

In 1793, President George Washington laid the cornerstone of the U.S. Capitol.

In 1850, Congress passed the Fugitive Slave Act, which created a force of federal commissioners charged with returning escaped slaves to their owners.

In 1851, the first edition of The New York Times was published.

In 1947, the National Security Act, which created a National Military Establishment and the position of Secretary of Defense, went into effect.

In 1961, United Nations Secretary-General Dag Hammarskjold (dahg HAWM’-ahr-shoold) was killed in a plane crash in northern Rhodesia.

In 1970, rock star Jimi Hendrix died in London at age 27.

In 1975, newspaper heiress Patricia Hearst was captured by the FBI in San Francisco, 19 months after being kidnapped by the Symbionese Liberation Army.

In 1987, the psychological thriller “Fatal Attraction,” starring Michael Douglas and Glenn Close, was released by Paramount Pictures.

In 2001, a week after the Sept. 11 attack, President George W. Bush said he hoped to “rally the world” in the battle against terrorism and predicted that all “people who love freedom” would join. Letters postmarked Trenton, N.J., that later tested positive for anthrax were sent to the New York Post and NBC anchorman Tom Brokaw.

In 2005, “Everybody Loves Raymond” won the Emmy for best comedy in its final season; first-year hit “Lost” was named best drama.

In 2014, voters in Scotland rejected independence, opting to remain part of the United Kingdom in a historic referendum. The Royal and Ancient Golf Club at St. Andrews, Scotland, ended years of male-only exclusivity as its members voted overwhelmingly in favor of inviting women to join.
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 18, 2022, 09:57:41 AM
Ten years ago: Chicago teachers voted to suspend their strike and return to the classroom after more than a week on picket lines, ending a combative stalemate with Mayor Rahm Emanuel over evaluations and job security.

Five years ago: Hurricane Maria intensified into a dangerous Category 5 storm, surging into the eastern Caribbean on a path that would take it near many of the islands recently devastated by Hurricane Irma. Toys R Us, the pioneering big box toy retailer, announced that it was filing for bankruptcy protection, but that it would continue its normal business operations. (The company announced in March of 2018 that it would be liquidating its U.S. business.)

One year ago: Police were deployed in large numbers outside the U.S. Capitol over concerns that a rally in support of jailed Jan. 6 rioters would turn violent; the crowd for the rally was sparse, and there were few incidents. Four space tourists safely ended their trailblazing three-day flight to orbit with a splashdown in the Atlantic, off the Florida coast; the all-amateur crew – a billionaire and his three guests - aboard the SpaceX capsule was the first to circle the world without a professional astronaut.
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 18, 2022, 10:04:11 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Actor Robert Blake is 89.
Gospel singer Bobby Jones is 84.
Singer Frankie Avalon is 82.
Actor Beth Grant is 73.
Rock musician Kerry Livgren is 73.
Actor Anna Deavere Smith is 72.
Former U.S. Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Ben Carson, is 71.
Basketball Hall of Fame coach Rick Pitino is 70.
Sen. Tommy Tuberville, R-Ala., is 68.
College Football Hall of Famer and retired NFL player Billy Sims is 67.
Movie director Mark Romanek is 63.
Baseball Hall of Famer Ryne Sandberg is 63.
Alt-country-rock musician Mark Olson is 61.
Singer Joanne Catherall (Human League) is 60.
Actor Holly Robinson Peete is 58.
R&B singer Ricky Bell (Bell Biv Devoe and New Edition) is 55.
Actor Aisha Tyler is 52.
Former racing cyclist Lance Armstrong is 51.
Opera singer Anna Netrebko is 51.
Actor Jada Pinkett Smith is 51.
Actor James Marsden is 49.
Actor Emily Rutherfurd is 48.
Actor Travis Schuldt is 48.
Rapper Xzibit is 48.
Comedian-actor Jason Sudeikis is 47.
Actor Sophina Brown is 46.
Actor Barrett Foa is 45.
Talk show host Sara Haines (TV: “GMA3: Strahan, Sara & Keke”) is 45.
Actor/comedian Billy Eichner is 44.
Actor Alison Lohman is 43.
Designer Brandon Maxwell is 38.
Congressman and former NFL player Anthony Gonzalez, R-Ohio, is 38.
Actors Brandon and Taylor Porter are 29.
Actor Patrick Schwarzenegger is 29.
Country singer Tae Kerr (Maddie and Tae) is 27.
Actor C.J. Sanders is 26.
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 18, 2022, 10:04:47 AM
Over/Under for today is 12
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 18, 2022, 10:05:17 AM
Made it to 2...
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 18, 2022, 10:25:26 AM
Good morning, Daves of the golfing and keeping us informed variety.
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 18, 2022, 10:25:37 AM
Made it to 2...
It was all you.
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 18, 2022, 10:37:36 AM
Over/Under for today is 12
You nailed it. 12 for me.
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: razgueado on September 18, 2022, 10:41:23 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: razgueado on September 18, 2022, 10:41:39 AM
Over/Under for today is 12
Nine.
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 18, 2022, 10:42:53 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Good morning, LastDayRaz.
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 18, 2022, 10:43:29 AM
No Heardle for me today. Now I can focus on Wordle.
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 18, 2022, 10:47:15 AM
No Heardle for me today. Now I can focus on Wordle.

And focus I did!

Wordle 456 3/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 18, 2022, 10:49:23 AM
"Excuse the question and feel free to tell me to GFY but is that a paid gig? I just always assumed it was all volunteer. It's just the way you said that you resigned."

It was a paid gig. I'll miss the $600-$900 a month. But not enough to continue to endure it.
I hear ya. Any plans for your new found time?  More cigar smoking?
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 18, 2022, 10:50:53 AM
Fore!

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220918/6bd6338dc9d1d0d90a59fdd79bb24091.jpg)
Fine way to greet the day.
I'm assuming he went out with his old man since there haven't been any photos of front nine nor back nine cigars.
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 18, 2022, 10:53:15 AM
Just dropped off my daughter at work (mall). Next on the list is a soccer game in the late afternoon. My son will be facing off against one of my best friend's kids. It should be interesting.
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 18, 2022, 12:01:09 PM
Fore!

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220918/6bd6338dc9d1d0d90a59fdd79bb24091.jpg)
Fine way to greet the day.
I'm assuming he went out with his old man since there haven't been any photos of front nine nor back nine cigars.
You assume correctly. Neither of us played well on the front 9, but we cleaned it up a bit on the back.
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 18, 2022, 12:16:22 PM
Wordle 456 3/6*

🟩🟩⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 18, 2022, 12:18:05 PM
Over/Under for today is 12
10
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 18, 2022, 01:16:03 PM
Wordle 456 3/6*

🟩🟩⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Making me feel unspecial.
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 18, 2022, 01:20:18 PM
Wordle 456 3/6*

🟩🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Making me feel unspecial.
CNS
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 18, 2022, 01:32:21 PM
To give a little perspective of how much less bantering goes on these days...

Texas Dave hasn't posted since April and still has about 5500 more posts than I do. Before April, he only posted twice in 2020.

Also, Chip still holds the #6 spot on the banter's post whore list and he hasn't posted anything since July 02, 2017.
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 18, 2022, 01:34:25 PM
Also, I'm just realizing that Rick and I never made a bet on today's game. Bills are up 3-0 in the first quarter.

Edit: Scratch that. That was the Patriots not the Bills. I'll be picking up my new eye glass prescription this week.
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 18, 2022, 02:39:48 PM
Also, I'm just realizing that Rick and I never made a bet on today's game. Bills are up 3-0 in the first quarter.

Edit: Scratch that. That was the Patriots not the Bills. I'll be picking up my new eye glass prescription this week.
Lol, I was wondering, why would Rick bet on the Pats?
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 18, 2022, 02:41:16 PM
To give a little perspective of how much less bantering goes on these days...

Texas Dave hasn't posted since April and still has about 5500 more posts than I do. Before April, he only posted twice in 2020.

Also, Chip still holds the #6 spot on the banter's post whore list and he hasn't posted anything since July 02, 2017.
This also shows the sheer lack of people we have posting, period. Chip will probably remain in the top-10 until the site closes.
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 18, 2022, 02:49:51 PM
Also, I'm just realizing that Rick and I never made a bet on today's game. Bills are up 3-0 in the first quarter.

Edit: Scratch that. That was the Patriots not the Bills. I'll be picking up my new eye glass prescription this week.
Lol, I was wondering, why would Rick bet on the Pats?
I wasn't even joking about the prescription. My eyes have gone terrible in the last 10 years.
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 18, 2022, 03:00:42 PM
Also, I'm just realizing that Rick and I never made a bet on today's game. Bills are up 3-0 in the first quarter.

Edit: Scratch that. That was the Patriots not the Bills. I'll be picking up my new eye glass prescription this week.
Lol, I was wondering, why would Rick bet on the Pats?
I wasn't even joking about the prescription. My eyes have gone terrible in the last 10 years.
Later this week, you'll be able to spot the Pats from a mile away!
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 18, 2022, 03:01:51 PM
Wordle 456 3/6*

🟩🟩⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Making me feel unspecial.
But you led the field on todays over/under!
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 18, 2022, 03:21:21 PM
Warped Eagles Descent. Not the most colorful of bands...
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 18, 2022, 03:24:01 PM
One of the more interesting of college football entrances.

https://youtu.be/jPc5yMzeh9M
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 18, 2022, 03:32:21 PM
One of the more interesting of college football entrances.

https://youtu.be/jPc5yMzeh9M
Every time I see their entrance, I'm sure someone will wipe out on the way down and hurt themselves or someone else.
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 18, 2022, 04:11:33 PM
In the annals of Browns losses, that was one of the Brownsiest.
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 18, 2022, 04:14:00 PM
Wordle 456 3/6*

🟩🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Making me feel unspecial.
But you led the field on todays over/under!
That is true. Thanks for making me feel special again, ClemsonDave.
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 18, 2022, 04:14:38 PM
Warped Eagles Descent. Not the most colorful of bands...
I like the band but how's the cigar?
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 18, 2022, 07:26:51 PM
In the annals of Browns losses, that was one of the Brownsiest.
At least everyone else in the division lost, too.
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 18, 2022, 07:59:59 PM
One of the more interesting of college football entrances.

https://youtu.be/jPc5yMzeh9M
Every time I see their entrance, I'm sure someone will wipe out on the way down and hurt themselves or someone else.
For sure.  That hill is far steeper than it looks, and with a midway bump....it is a challenge.
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 18, 2022, 08:04:49 PM
Warped Eagles Descent. Not the most colorful of bands...
I like the band but how's the cigar?
Good cigar, but not one of the best of the new Warped releases. Nicotina, La Hacienda First Growth, Companion and Chinchalle better.
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 18, 2022, 08:16:11 PM
Starting the evening with a Knuckle Sandwich. (Espinosa/Guy Fieri)
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: bluecollar on September 18, 2022, 08:23:04 PM
My lack of posting was me thinking I rubbed someone off the wrong way?
Maybe just me?(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220919/adeae3e2fa1ccddfe1b5439ccbd652ab.jpg)
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 18, 2022, 08:36:01 PM
My lack of posting was me thinking I rubbed someone off the wrong way?
Maybe just me?(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220919/adeae3e2fa1ccddfe1b5439ccbd652ab.jpg)
Must be you, cause I can't imagine who you would've rubbed the wrong way.

Unless you actually mean rubbed off, cause there's no room for that here.
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 18, 2022, 08:48:54 PM
In the annals of Browns losses, that was one of the Brownsiest.
At least everyone else in the division lost, too.
True that.
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 18, 2022, 08:52:54 PM
Starting the evening with a Knuckle Sandwich. (Espinosa/Guy Fieri)
Very cool. Can't wait to try it.
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 18, 2022, 08:55:15 PM
My lack of posting was me thinking I rubbed someone off the wrong way?
Maybe just me?(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220919/adeae3e2fa1ccddfe1b5439ccbd652ab.jpg)
Nah, don't take it personally.
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 18, 2022, 09:05:39 PM
My lack of posting was me thinking I rubbed someone off the wrong way?
Maybe just me?(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220919/adeae3e2fa1ccddfe1b5439ccbd652ab.jpg)
Just you   ;)
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 18, 2022, 09:09:31 PM
Starting the evening with a Knuckle Sandwich. (Espinosa/Guy Fieri)
Very cool. Can't wait to try it.
Very pleasant.  Starts with a lot of pepper, moves on to spices, licorice and a bit of cream.
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 18, 2022, 09:11:47 PM
Starting the evening with a Knuckle Sandwich. (Espinosa/Guy Fieri)
Very cool. Can't wait to try it.
Very pleasant.  Starts with a lot of pepper, moves on to spices, licorice and a bit of cream.
To clarify, this is the Habano.  Haven't tried the Maduro yet.
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 18, 2022, 09:18:57 PM
Quickdraw

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220919/6e28cae82fe396e4f8d1c7906ad4dbb2.jpg)
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 18, 2022, 09:35:36 PM
Quickdraw

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220919/6e28cae82fe396e4f8d1c7906ad4dbb2.jpg)
Always hear that as Queeksdraw.
Title: Re: 9/18/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 18, 2022, 10:26:58 PM
Starting the evening with a Knuckle Sandwich. (Espinosa/Guy Fieri)
Very cool. Can't wait to try it.
Very pleasant.  Starts with a lot of pepper, moves on to spices, licorice and a bit of cream.
That sounds delightful.