CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on July 11, 2019, 12:02:06 AM

Title: 7/11/2019
Post by: CigarBanter on July 11, 2019, 12:02:06 AM
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 11, 2019, 04:59:54 AM
Happy SevenEleven!
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 11, 2019, 05:50:12 AM
Happy SevenEleven!
Slurpees for all!
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 11, 2019, 06:00:46 AM
Happy SevenEleven!
Morning Mayor T, I had to think about your post for a minute😂.
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on July 11, 2019, 06:47:56 AM
post and run. rheumatologist, injections, bloodwork morning.
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 11, 2019, 08:01:52 AM
post and run. rheumatologist, injections, bloodwork morning.
Almost makes me feel glad to be at work.
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2019, 08:15:56 AM
post and run. rheumatologist, injections, bloodwork morning.
Almost makes me feel glad to be at work.
....almost
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2019, 08:17:48 AM
Morning SCDave, WorldlyTony, FloDave, and Mr. Dean.
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2019, 08:19:01 AM
All of four pages on a Humpday....sheesh!
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2019, 08:21:01 AM
Today is Thursday, July 11, the 192nd day of 2019. There are 173 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:
On July 11, 1972, the World Chess Championship opened as grandmasters Bobby Fischer of the United States and defending champion Boris Spassky of the Soviet Union began play in Reykjavik, Iceland. (Fischer won after 21 games.)

On this date:
In 1798, the U.S. Marine Corps was formally re-established by a congressional act that also created the U.S. Marine Band.
In 1804, Vice President Aaron Burr mortally wounded former Treasury Secretary Alexander Hamilton during a pistol duel in Weehawken, New Jersey. (Hamilton died the next day.)
In 1859, Big Ben, the great bell inside the famous London clock tower, chimed for the first time.
In 1914, Babe Ruth made his Major League baseball debut, pitching the Boston Red Sox to a 4-3 victory over Cleveland.
In 1915, the Chicago Sunday Tribune ran an article titled, "Blues Is Jazz and Jazz Is Blues." (It's believed to be one of the earliest, if not the earliest, uses of the word "jazz" as a musical term by a newspaper.)
In 1937, American composer and pianist George Gershwin died at a Los Angeles hospital of a brain tumor; he was 38.
In 1952, the Republican National Convention, meeting in Chicago, nominated Dwight D. Eisenhower for president and Richard M. Nixon for vice president.
In 1955, the U.S. Air Force Academy swore in its first class of cadets at its temporary quarters at Lowry Air Force Base in Colorado.
In 1960, the novel "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee was first published by J.B. Lippincott and Co.
In 1979, the abandoned U.S. space station Skylab made a spectacular return to Earth, burning up in the atmosphere and showering debris over the Indian Ocean and Australia.
In 1995, the U.N.-designated "safe haven" of Srebrenica (sreh-breh-NEET'-sah) in Bosnia-Herzegovina fell to Bosnian Serb forces, who then carried out the killings of more than 8,000 Muslim men and boys. The United States normalized relations with Vietnam.
In 2017, emails released by Donald Trump Jr. revealed that he'd been told before meeting with a Russian attorney during the presidential campaign that the Russian government had information that could "incriminate" Hillary Clinton. MSNBC "Morning Joe" host and former Republican congressman Joe Scarborough announced that he was leaving the Republican party, partly because of its loyalty to President Donald Trump.
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2019, 08:21:38 AM
Ten years ago: During a visit to sub-Saharan Africa, President Barack Obama addressed Ghana's Parliament, where he challenged the continent of his ancestors to shed corruption and conflict in favor of peace. Funeral services were held in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, for former NFL star Steve McNair, who had been shot to death in Nashville a week earlier by Sahel Kazemi (sah-HEHL' kah-ZEE'-mee), who then took her own life.

Five years ago: House Appropriations Chairman Hal Rogers, R-Ky., said that President Barack Obama's $3.7 billion emergency request to deal with tens of thousands of unaccompanied children arriving at the U.S.-Mexico border was too big to get through the House, as a growing number of Democrats rejected policy changes Republicans were demanding as their price for approving any money. Tommy Ramone, 65, a co-founder of the seminal punk band the Ramones and the last surviving member of the original group, died in New York.

One year ago: At a NATO summit in Brussels, President Donald Trump declared that a gas pipeline venture had left Germany's government "captive to Russia," and questioned the necessity of the NATO alliance. John Schnatter, the founder of Papa John's, resigned as chairman of the board of the pizza chain, and apologized for using a racial slur during a conference call in May. Porn star Stormy Daniels was arrested at an Ohio strip club, accused of touching and being touched by patrons in violation of state law; prosecutors dropped the charges hours later, saying the law had been improperly applied.
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2019, 08:23:32 AM
Today's Birthdays:

Actress Susan Seaforth Hayes is 76.
Singer Jeff Hanna (Nitty Gritty Dirt Band) is 72.
Ventriloquist-actor Jay Johnson is 70.
Actor Bruce McGill is 69.
Singer Bonnie Pointer is 69.
Actor Stephen Lang is 67.
Actress Mindy Sterling is 66.
Former boxer Leon Spinks is 66.
Actress Sela Ward is 63. Reggae singer Michael Rose (Black Uhuru) is 62.
Singer Peter Murphy is 62.
Actor Mark Lester is 61.
Jazz musician Kirk Whalum is 61.
Singer Suzanne Vega is 60.
Rock guitarist Richie Sambora (Bon Jovi) is 60.
Actress Lisa Rinna is 56.
Rock musician Scott Shriner (Weezer) is 54.
Actress Debbe (correct) Dunning is 53.
Actor Greg Grunberg is 53.
Wildlife expert Jeff Corwin is 52.
Actor Justin Chambers is 49.
Actress Leisha Hailey is 48.
Actor Michael Rosenbaum is 47.
Pop-rock singer Andrew Bird is 46.
Country singer Scotty Emerick is 46.
Rapper Lil' Kim is 44.
Actor Jon Wellner is 44.
Rock singer Ben Gibbard is 43.
Rapper Lil' Zane is 37.
Pop-jazz singer-musician Peter Cincotti is 36.
Actress Serinda Swan is 35.
Actor Robert Adamson is 34.
Actor David Henrie is 30.
Actor Connor Paolo is 29.
Tennis player Caroline Wozniacki is 29.
R&B/pop singer Alessia Cara is 23.
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2019, 08:23:55 AM
Thought for Today: "Life is a lot like jazz — it's best when you improvise." — George Gershwin (1898-1937).
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2019, 08:30:49 AM
Happy SevenEleven!
Slurpees for all!
May have to swing by for a taquito at least.
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2019, 08:31:09 AM
Only four more days to Prime Day!
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2019, 08:32:38 AM
In addition to National 7-11 Day, it's National Blueberry Muffin Day.
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2019, 08:33:02 AM
Whew, page 2!
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 11, 2019, 08:36:22 AM
Morning SCDave, WorldlyTony, FloDave, and Mr. Dean.
Morning UpStateDave
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 11, 2019, 08:37:45 AM
In addition to National 7-11 Day, it's National Blueberry Muffin Day.
Buy 2 Get 2 Free Blueberry Muffins all week at Lowe’s Foods.
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 11, 2019, 08:45:19 AM
In addition to National 7-11 Day, it's National Blueberry Muffin Day.
I'm having a chocolate chip muffin from the cafeteria, that's close enough.
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 11, 2019, 08:45:39 AM
Only four more days to Prime Day!
Yippee!
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: bluecollar on July 11, 2019, 10:12:47 AM
In addition to National 7-11 Day, it's National Blueberry Muffin Day.
Buy 2 Get 2 Free Blueberry Muffins all week at Lowe’s Foods.
I only have Lowe's Hardware here
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on July 11, 2019, 10:17:03 AM
all good for another month.
made a stop at Cracker Barrel for french toast, eggs, bacon, home fries, muffin, and oj.
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: bluecollar on July 11, 2019, 10:19:32 AM
Yesterday was in the 90s and today is high humidity. Everything's running balls to the wall.
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: bluecollar on July 11, 2019, 10:21:32 AM
all good for another month.
made a stop at Cracker Barrel for french toast, eggs, bacon, home fries, muffin, and oj.
Good morning Dean. These doctor co-pays are adding up with myself, wife, and kiddo
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on July 11, 2019, 10:27:55 AM
all good for another month.
made a stop at Cracker Barrel for french toast, eggs, bacon, home fries, muffin, and oj.
Good morning Dean. These doctor co-pays are adding up with myself, wife, and kiddo
with the medicare supplemental plan I have there are no copays. costs alot monthly but if I end up in a hospital there is no cost to me.
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: razgueado on July 11, 2019, 10:39:49 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: Threebean on July 11, 2019, 10:40:25 AM
Yesterday was in the 90s and today is high humidity. Everything's running balls to the wall.
Only 65 deg out here in Oregon, and no rain, so yeah!
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: bluecollar on July 11, 2019, 10:41:28 AM
all good for another month.
made a stop at Cracker Barrel for french toast, eggs, bacon, home fries, muffin, and oj.
Good morning Dean. These doctor co-pays are adding up with myself, wife, and kiddo
with the medicare supplemental plan I have there are no copays. costs alot monthly but if I end up in a hospital there is no cost to me.
Stuff is adding up for me. If I was on the system it would cost me nothing. Keep kicking the working man.
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: Threebean on July 11, 2019, 10:42:39 AM
Morning ACoupleDaves, BreakfastDean, MuchachoRaz, and BallsOutRick.
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: bluecollar on July 11, 2019, 10:43:13 AM
Yesterday was in the 90s and today is high humidity. Everything's running balls to the wall.
Only 65 deg out here in Oregon, and no rain, so yeah!
Beautiful streach coming up for my vacation. Going golfing twice. Whoo hoo
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: Threebean on July 11, 2019, 11:05:51 AM
Yesterday was in the 90s and today is high humidity. Everything's running balls to the wall.
Only 65 deg out here in Oregon, and no rain, so yeah!
Beautiful streach coming up for my vacation. Going golfing twice. Whoo hoo
Didn't you just take a vacation?  I believe HR would like a word with you.
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: bluecollar on July 11, 2019, 11:16:01 AM
Yesterday was in the 90s and today is high humidity. Everything's running balls to the wall.
Only 65 deg out here in Oregon, and no rain, so yeah!
Beautiful streach coming up for my vacation. Going golfing twice. Whoo hoo
Didn't you just take a vacation?  I believe HR would like a word with you.
LMAO . One of my few perks is I get a lot of paid leave but I work a lot. I have not had a raise in 8 years though
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: Threebean on July 11, 2019, 11:39:57 AM
Yesterday was in the 90s and today is high humidity. Everything's running balls to the wall.
Only 65 deg out here in Oregon, and no rain, so yeah!
Beautiful streach coming up for my vacation. Going golfing twice. Whoo hoo
Didn't you just take a vacation?  I believe HR would like a word with you.
LMAO . One of my few perks is I get a lot of paid leave but I work a lot. I have not had a raise in 8 years though
Eight years?  Then you need to have a word with HR!
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on July 11, 2019, 11:40:28 AM
Yesterday was in the 90s and today is high humidity. Everything's running balls to the wall.
Only 65 deg out here in Oregon, and no rain, so yeah!
Beautiful streach coming up for my vacation. Going golfing twice. Whoo hoo
Didn't you just take a vacation?  I believe HR would like a word with you.
LMAO . One of my few perks is I get a lot of paid leave but I work a lot. I have not had a raise in 8 years though
go on strike when it get's sweltering hot or freezing cold and the systems need checking. they'd either find someone in a hurry or fire you. 🙄
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 11, 2019, 12:22:44 PM
Yesterday was in the 90s and today is high humidity. Everything's running balls to the wall.
Only 65 deg out here in Oregon, and no rain, so yeah!
Beautiful streach coming up for my vacation. Going golfing twice. Whoo hoo
Didn't you just take a vacation?  I believe HR would like a word with you.
LMAO . One of my few perks is I get a lot of paid leave but I work a lot. I have not had a raise in 8 years though
go on strike when it get's sweltering hot or freezing cold and the systems need checking. they'd either find someone in a hurry or fire you. 🙄
You may want to give Mark's idea a shot first.
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on July 11, 2019, 12:29:57 PM
Yesterday was in the 90s and today is high humidity. Everything's running balls to the wall.
Only 65 deg out here in Oregon, and no rain, so yeah!
Beautiful streach coming up for my vacation. Going golfing twice. Whoo hoo
Didn't you just take a vacation?  I believe HR would like a word with you.
LMAO . One of my few perks is I get a lot of paid leave but I work a lot. I have not had a raise in 8 years though
go on strike when it get's sweltering hot or freezing cold and the systems need checking. they'd either find someone in a hurry or fire you. 🙄
You may want to give Mark's idea a shot first.
the HR Dept with the SUNY education system is owned by the state govt.
it's a lose lose.
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: bluecollar on July 11, 2019, 12:54:16 PM
Yesterday was in the 90s and today is high humidity. Everything's running balls to the wall.
Only 65 deg out here in Oregon, and no rain, so yeah!
Beautiful streach coming up for my vacation. Going golfing twice. Whoo hoo
Didn't you just take a vacation?  I believe HR would like a word with you.
LMAO . One of my few perks is I get a lot of paid leave but I work a lot. I have not had a raise in 8 years though
go on strike when it get's sweltering hot or freezing cold and the systems need checking. they'd either find someone in a hurry or fire you.
You may want to give Mark's idea a shot first.
the HR Dept with the SUNY education system is owned by the state govt.
it's a lose lose.
I'm actually not SUNY. Private College so they don't get all the perks the State schools get. I am union and have pounded the pavement before and not afraid to do it again. I am holding tight for my son to come here full ride or I would have jumped ship years ago. Graduates here do very well for themselves.
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on July 11, 2019, 12:55:42 PM
[...]
Post by: bluecollar on July 11, 2019, 12:56:13 PM
Coffee run. Lighting up a La Vencedora
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on July 11, 2019, 01:29:09 PM
nap time here.
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 11, 2019, 01:42:38 PM
nap time here.
Home stretch here.
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on July 11, 2019, 02:12:45 PM
Homeowner defends himself against four armed men with an AR-15.

IMAGINE THAT!!

Two suspects were killed, two are behind bars and a homeowner is in an Ocala hospital following a Craigslist-related home invasion robbery in Summerfield on Wednesday night.

Marion County sheriff’s deputies were called to a home in the 14900 block of SE 32nd Court Rd. shortly before 8:30 p.m. and when they arrived, they found 21-year-old Keith Jackson Jr. dead, and 22-year-old Nigel Doyle and the homeowner suffering from gunshot wounds, a sheriff’s office report states.
Doyle and the homeowner were transported to Ocala Regional Medical Center, where Doyle later died. The homeowner was reported to be in stable condition on Thursday morning, the report says.

Jackson’s body was found in the home’s dining room floor. He was wearing a “Jason” mask on top of his head and gloves on both hands, with a semi-automatic pistol with the slide locked near his head, the report says.

Doyle was found outside the home with a shotgun lying on the ground next to him. And the wounded homeowner was located in his bedroom with an AR-15 assault rifle lying across his legs, the report says.

Major Crimes detectives from the sheriff’s office also arrested 22-year-old Seth Adam Rodriguez and 19-year-old Robert John Hamilton for their part in the home invasion. They were found in a nearby wooded area after being tracked by a sheriff’s K-9 unit.

Rodriguez, of Belleview, was charged with two counts of murder (not premeditated during a specific felony) and home invasion with a firearm or other deadly weapon and is being held with no bond.

Hamilton, of Ocala, was charged with home invasion with a firearm or other deadly weapon and also was being held on no bond.
During the investigation, the homeowner said he vaguely remembered one of the suspects from a past Craigslist transaction. Hamilton and Rodriguez told detectives that the four men went to the victim’s home with the intention of robbing him of marijuana and guns, the report says.

The homeowner told detectives that about an hour before the incident one of the suspects knocked on his door. He said he didn’t answer it and then saw the man peering through his back sliding glass door. He said the man mentioned the previous Craigslist transaction and said he needed help with his vehicle. The homeowner told him he was disabled and not able to help and the man left, the report says.

The homeowner said he then went to sleep and was awakened by a loud noise, which he described as people coming in the front and rear of his residence. He said he grabbed his AR-15 rifle that he keeps near his bed and saw a masked person inside his home, the report says.

The homeowner said there was an exchange of gunfire and he didn’t know who fired first. He said a man wearing a mask was shooting at him and he continued to shoot back. And he said he returned fire against a second person and knew he shot him because he heard him moan, the report says.

The homeowner told detectives that be believed Jackson was the person who shot him. He said he believed there were three people in his home but he couldn’t describe them, the report says.

Deputies, who reported a strong odor of marijuana coming from the home, found a black Volkswagen parked nearby. Both the driver’s and front passenger’s doors were open. And a computer check showed that it was registered to Keith Jackson and Keith Jackson Jr., the report says.
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on July 11, 2019, 02:52:10 PM
Dow Jones hits 27,000!!! Great news.
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: Threebean on July 11, 2019, 03:33:13 PM
[...]
How is it that you're union but no raise in 8 years?
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: bluecollar on July 11, 2019, 05:37:05 PM
[...]
Because my union sucks and I get poor representation.
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: bluecollar on July 11, 2019, 05:39:05 PM
What's on fire? I'm eating out with fam thinking of what to fire up when I get home.
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on July 11, 2019, 05:51:39 PM
What's on fire? I'm eating out with fam thinking of what to fire up when I get home.
just finished dinner and ready to set fire.
Title: Re: 7/11/2019
Post by: bluecollar on July 11, 2019, 08:36:37 PM
What's on fire? I'm eating out with fam thinking of what to fire up when I get home.
just finished dinner and ready to set fire.
That's a good smoke. I like that Maduro