CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on August 05, 2021, 01:42:59 AM

Title: 8/5/2021
Post by: CigarBanter on August 05, 2021, 01:42:59 AM
What's up cigar enthusiasts?  Any cigar deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 05, 2021, 05:34:25 AM
Morning, all. Happy NonPayThursday.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 05, 2021, 05:54:47 AM
Joe:

Graycliff 'G2' Habano Pirate Torpedo - 10/37.50; 20/69.98; 30/97.50
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 05, 2021, 05:55:32 AM
Sis:

Door #1 - Alec Bradley Prensado Gran Toro - 10/54.99

Door #2 - Camacho Factory Unleashed Toro - 10/69.99

Door #3 - Ave Maria Divinia (No Tube) (Toro) - 10/49.99
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 05, 2021, 06:05:10 AM
As I predicted when they pushed back people coming to the office by 2 weeks, work has now decided that no one is coming back to the office for the remainder of the year.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 05, 2021, 06:44:51 AM
US Women's soccer team has finished their bronze medal game. I won't spoil it in case Tony is planning on watching it later.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 05, 2021, 06:45:09 AM
US Women's soccer team has finished their bronze medal game. I won't spoil it in case Tony is planning on watching it later.
Same for the Men's basketball semifinal game.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 05, 2021, 07:08:34 AM
In other sports-related news, the NFL is back tonight with the Hall of Fame game.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 05, 2021, 07:27:28 AM
US Women's soccer team has finished their bronze medal game. I won't spoil it in case Tony is planning on watching it later.
Though, I will say this - Rapinoe had a goal that was flat out amazing.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 05, 2021, 07:40:51 AM
In other soccer news, I tried to watched the Columbus Crew game last night, but ESPN+ had it blacked out here. 120 miles away and it's blacked out? Sheesh.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 05, 2021, 08:21:29 AM
Stock futures are pointing up for the day.

Ok, now I'm reaching a bit.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 05, 2021, 08:49:37 AM
Women's soccer gold medal match has been moved from 11 am to 9 pm local time, due to heat concerns.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 05, 2021, 08:51:36 AM
Women's soccer gold medal match has been moved from 11 am to 9 pm local time, due to heat concerns.
But still forecasted to be 36° C at kickoff (96.8° F).  :o
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 05, 2021, 09:43:12 AM
Stock futures are pointing up for the day.

Ok, now I'm reaching a bit.
A PW's gotta do what a PW's gotta do!
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 05, 2021, 09:43:35 AM
Stock futures are pointing up for the day.

Ok, now I'm reaching a bit.
A PW's gotta do what a PW's gotta do!
And you're doing a fine job of it.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 05, 2021, 09:45:34 AM
Women's soccer gold medal match has been moved from 11 am to 9 pm local time, due to heat concerns.
Pussies!.....oh wait.....
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 05, 2021, 09:47:42 AM
Sis:

Door #1 - Alec Bradley Prensado Gran Toro - 10/54.99

Door #2 - Camacho Factory Unleashed Toro - 10/69.99

Door #3 - Ave Maria Divinia (No Tube) (Toro) - 10/49.99
They forget to adjust the prices again or what?
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 05, 2021, 09:48:35 AM
Sis:

Door #1 - Alec Bradley Prensado Gran Toro - 10/54.99

Door #2 - Camacho Factory Unleashed Toro - 10/69.99

Door #3 - Ave Maria Divinia (No Tube) (Toro) - 10/49.99
They forget to adjust the prices again or what?
Ave Maria's for $50????....now if they had the tubes, maybe... :P
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 05, 2021, 09:49:50 AM
Sis:

Door #1 - Alec Bradley Prensado Gran Toro - 10/54.99

Door #2 - Camacho Factory Unleashed Toro - 10/69.99

Door #3 - Ave Maria Divinia (No Tube) (Toro) - 10/49.99
They forget to adjust the prices again or what?
Ave Maria's for $50????....now if they had the tubes, maybe... :P
And I haven't heard of those Camacho's before.  And for $70, I'm not curious.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 05, 2021, 09:50:02 AM
Sis:

Door #1 - Alec Bradley Prensado Gran Toro - 10/54.99

Door #2 - Camacho Factory Unleashed Toro - 10/69.99

Door #3 - Ave Maria Divinia (No Tube) (Toro) - 10/49.99
They forget to adjust the prices again or what?
Ave Maria's for $50????....now if they had the tubes, maybe... :P
Could easily go for $60 with the tubes. ;)

Morning, TakingUsToPage2Dave.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 05, 2021, 09:50:29 AM
Stock futures are pointing up for the day.

Ok, now I'm reaching a bit.
A PW's gotta do what a PW's gotta do!
And you're doing a fine job of it.
I did what I could to make up for VacationTony's absence.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 05, 2021, 09:54:26 AM
Today is Thursday, Aug. 5, the 217th day of 2021.
There are 148 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On August 5, 1962, South African anti-apartheid activist Nelson Mandela was arrested on charges of leaving the country without a passport and inciting workers to strike; it was the beginning of 27 years of imprisonment.

On this date:

In 1864, during the Civil War, Union Adm. David G. Farragut led his fleet to victory in the Battle of Mobile Bay, Alabama.

In 1921, a baseball game was broadcast for the first time as KDKA radio announcer Harold Arlin described the action between the Pittsburgh Pirates and the Philadelphia Phillies from Forbes Field. (The Pirates won, 8-5.)

In 1936, Jesse Owens of the United States won the 200-meter dash at the Berlin Olympics, collecting the third of his four gold medals.

In 1953, Operation Big Switch began as remaining prisoners taken during the Korean War were exchanged at Panmunjom.

In 1954, 24 boxers became the first inductees into the Boxing Hall of Fame, including Henry Armstrong, Gentleman Jim Corbett, Jack Dempsey, Jack Johnson, Joe Louis and John L. Sullivan.

In 1964, U.S. Navy pilot Everett Alvarez Jr. became the first American flier to be shot down and captured by North Vietnam; he was held prisoner until February 1973.

In 1974, the White House released transcripts of subpoenaed tape recordings showing that President Richard Nixon and his chief of staff, H.R. Haldeman, had discussed a plan in June 1972 to use the CIA to thwart the FBI’s Watergate investigation; revelation of the tape sparked Nixon’s resignation.

In 1981, the federal government began firing air traffic controllers who had gone out on strike.

In 1991, Democratic congressional leaders formally launched an investigation into whether the 1980 Reagan-Bush campaign had secretly conspired with Iran to delay release of American hostages until after the presidential election, thereby preventing an “October surprise” that supposedly would have benefited President Jimmy Carter. (A task force later concluded there was “no credible evidence” of such a deal.)

In 2002, the coral-encrusted gun turret of the Civil War ironclad USS Monitor was raised from the floor of the Atlantic, nearly 140 years after the historic warship sank during a storm.

In 2010, the Senate confirmed Elena Kagan, 63-37, as the Supreme Court’s 112th justice and the fourth woman in its history. Thirty-three workers were trapped in a copper mine in northern Chile after a tunnel caved in (all were rescued after being entombed for 69 days).

In 2019, Toni Morrison, the first Black woman to receive the Nobel literature prize, died at 88 in New York; her novels included “Beloved,” and “The Bluest Eye.”
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 05, 2021, 09:55:26 AM
Ten years ago: Standard & Poor’s lowered the United States’ AAA credit rating by one notch to AA-plus. A federal jury convicted three New Orleans police officers, a former officer and a retired sergeant of civil rights violations in the 2005 shooting deaths of a teenager and a mentally disabled man crossing the Danziger Bridge following Hurricane Katrina. (The convictions were overturned because of prosecutorial misconduct, and the former officers pleaded guilty in April 2016 to a reduced number of charges.) The sun-powered robotic explorer Juno rocketed toward Jupiter on a five-year quest to discover the secret recipe for making planets. (Juno reached Jupiter on July 4, 2016.)

Five years ago: The opening ceremony for the Summer Olympics took place in Rio de Janeiro as Brazil laced its high-energy party with a sobering message of the dangers of global warming.

One year ago: Authorities said protesters in Portland, Oregon, barricaded about 20 police officers inside a precinct and tried to set it on fire; police used tear gas on the crowd for the first time since U.S. agents sent by President Donald Trump left the city the previous week. A city commission in Minneapolis blocked a November vote on a proposal to dismantle the city’s police department in the wake of George Floyd’s death. Democratic Party officials said Joe Biden would not travel to Milwaukee to accept the party’s presidential nomination in person because of concerns over the coronavirus; party leaders had earlier told delegates not to travel to Milwaukee. (President Donald Trump had already abandoned plans to accept the Republican nomination in person.) Longtime New York City newspaper columnist and author Pete Hamill died at 85.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 05, 2021, 09:59:21 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

College Football Hall of Famer and former NFL player Roman Gabriel is 81.
Country songwriter Bobby Braddock is 81.
Actor Loni Anderson is 76.
Actor Erika Slezak is 75.
Rock singer Rick Derringer is 74.
Actor Holly Palance is 71.
Pop singer Samantha Sang is 70.
Rock musician Eddie Ojeda (Twisted Sister) is 66.
Actor-singer Maureen McCormick is 65.
Rock musician Pat Smear is 62.
Author David Baldacci is 61.
Actor Janet McTeer is 60.
Country musician Mark O’Connor is 60.
Basketball Hall of Famer Patrick Ewing is 59.
Actor Mark Strong is 58.
Director-screenwriter James Gunn is 55.
Actor Jonathan Silverman is 55.
Country singer Terri Clark is 53.
Actor Stephanie Szostak is 50.
Retired MLB All-Star John Olerud is 53.
Rock musician Eicca Toppinen (EYE’-kah TAH’-pihn-nehn) (Apocalyptica) is 46.
Actor Jesse Williams is 41.
Actor Brendon Ryan Barrett is 35.
Actor Meegan Warner (TV: “TURN: Washington’s Spies”) is 30.
Actor/singer Olivia Holt is 24.
Actor Albert Tsai is 17.
Actor Devin Trey Campbell is 13.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 05, 2021, 09:59:45 AM
Tony's Over/Under for today is 7.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 05, 2021, 10:02:36 AM
Tony's Over/Under for today is 7.
I'll help you with one...
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 05, 2021, 10:02:54 AM
Tony's Over/Under for today is 7.
7 on the nose for me today.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 05, 2021, 10:06:43 AM
Tony's Over/Under for today is 7.
I'll help you with one...
Good call sticking with old pics, I'm guessing.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: bluecollar on August 05, 2021, 10:22:51 AM
Good morning Daves. I'm busy today but  I'm going golfing after work so life is good.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 05, 2021, 10:30:13 AM
Good morning Daves. I'm busy today but  I'm going golfing after work so life is good.
Sounds great, Rick. Hope you get to enjoy a couple sticks on the course. I'm going Saturday morning, so long as the forecast stays where it is right now.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 05, 2021, 10:34:23 AM
Hola, banter friends.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 05, 2021, 10:34:50 AM
US Women's soccer team has finished their bronze medal game. I won't spoil it in case Tony is planning on watching it later.
I appreciate that.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 05, 2021, 10:49:03 AM
Hola, banter friends.
Morning, Tony. What's on the docket for today?
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: razgueado on August 05, 2021, 11:22:03 AM
Morning, muchachos.  I like being off the IMT.  I haven't reported to work before 8am all week.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 05, 2021, 11:24:18 AM
Good morning Daves. I'm busy today but  I'm going golfing after work so life is good.
Sounds like proper motivation to get you through the day!
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 05, 2021, 11:25:24 AM
Morning Dave, Rick, R&RTony and 9to5Raz.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 05, 2021, 11:26:13 AM
Stock futures are pointing up for the day.

Ok, now I'm reaching a bit.
A PW's gotta do what a PW's gotta do!
And you done it good. Thanks.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 05, 2021, 11:27:41 AM
Sis:

Door #1 - Alec Bradley Prensado Gran Toro - 10/54.99

Door #2 - Camacho Factory Unleashed Toro - 10/69.99

Door #3 - Ave Maria Divinia (No Tube) (Toro) - 10/49.99
They forget to adjust the prices again or what?
Ave Maria's for $50????....now if they had the tubes, maybe...
And I haven't heard of those Camacho's before.  And for $70, I'm not curious.
Terrible name too. Anything with "factory" in the name shouldn't be so expensive. I'll admit the description sounds pretty good.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 05, 2021, 11:29:00 AM
Hola, banter friends.
Morning, Tony. What's on the docket for today?
Touring Newport, RI. Rainy day here.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 05, 2021, 11:31:20 AM
Some Oliva offerings on CigarPage...

https://www.cigarpage.com/oliva-v-i-p-sale.html?_kx=2tJ4ugM2Zy6U4_2KEbEvpg0mAP-Sf0psc-7gkpND3dMiBx6eo2PauBTpsRnVMkyDZYqrqumKY-zYaoKbhxrO_A%3D%3D.MwExHP
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: razgueado on August 05, 2021, 11:34:21 AM
Stock futures are pointing up for the day.

Ok, now I'm reaching a bit.
I'm up $300.

Bitcoin's trending up right now, too, but that could change in moments.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 05, 2021, 11:35:42 AM

[...]

6!
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 05, 2021, 12:27:14 PM
Tony's Over/Under for today is 7.
I'll help you with one...
Good call sticking with old pics, I'm guessing.
Actually not bad at all.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 05, 2021, 12:28:02 PM

[...]

You didn't count Loni Anderson twice did you?
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 05, 2021, 12:29:49 PM
Hola, banter friends.
Morning, Tony. What's on the docket for today?
Touring Newport, RI. Rainy day here.
Used to visit there regularly, nice spot.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 05, 2021, 12:30:14 PM
Hola, banter friends.
Morning, Tony. What's on the docket for today?
Touring Newport, RI. Rainy day here.
Used to visit there regularly, nice spot.
You heading north or south?
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 05, 2021, 12:38:29 PM
Guess Rona showed him!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/texas-republican-leader-dies-of-covid-19-five-days-after-anti-vaccination-post/ar-AAMYUrq?ocid=msedgntp
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 05, 2021, 01:08:56 PM
Tony's Over/Under for today is 7.
I'll help you with one...
Good call sticking with old pics, I'm guessing.
Actually not bad at all.
Fair enough, could've been much worse.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 05, 2021, 01:14:57 PM

[...]

My bad. Didn't see Marcia Brady the first time. 7!
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 05, 2021, 01:16:12 PM
Hola, banter friends.
Morning, Tony. What's on the docket for today?
Touring Newport, RI. Rainy day here.
Used to visit there regularly, nice spot.
You heading north or south?
Sun came out. Heading south next. Jersey shore, here we come.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 05, 2021, 01:19:22 PM
Guess Rona showed him!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/texas-republican-leader-dies-of-covid-19-five-days-after-anti-vaccination-post/ar-AAMYUrq?ocid=msedgntp
I've always wondered why the "thoughts and prayers" crowd don't assume the vaccine is an answer to their prayers. I feel bad for his wife and kid, but I don't feel bad that he no longer has an opportunity to continue spreading misinformation.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 05, 2021, 01:19:38 PM
Hola, banter friends.
Morning, Tony. What's on the docket for today?
Touring Newport, RI. Rainy day here.
Used to visit there regularly, nice spot.
You heading north or south?
Sun came out. Heading south next. Jersey shore, here we come.
GTL, baby!
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: razgueado on August 05, 2021, 01:44:14 PM
Guess Rona showed him!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/texas-republican-leader-dies-of-covid-19-five-days-after-anti-vaccination-post/ar-AAMYUrq?ocid=msedgntp
I've always wondered why the "thoughts and prayers" crowd don't assume the vaccine is an answer to their prayers. I feel bad for his wife and kid, but I don't feel bad that he no longer has an opportunity to continue spreading misinformation.
There's been nothing BUT misinformation, since day one, from all sides.  It only varies by degree and intent.  Salon magazine - no conservative bastion, that - reported that Anthony Fauci really believed and advised that masks would not be helpful in the early days.  We won't get into the Chinese disinformation and all the insistence that the US wasn't funding gain-of-function research in China.  Even the epidemiologists I work with know the Wuhan institute was doing gain-of-function research.  And breakthrough infections are now happening at an alarming rate.  Not that I'm an anti-vaxxer by any stretch of the word.  But they're happening, and the fact is no one really has any accurate idea yet how effective the vaccine is going to be nor for how long.  It's ALL hopes and prayers.

Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 05, 2021, 02:04:18 PM
Hola, banter friends.
Morning, Tony. What's on the docket for today?
Touring Newport, RI. Rainy day here.
Used to visit there regularly, nice spot.
You heading north or south?
Sun came out. Heading south next. Jersey shore, here we come.
GTL, baby!
LMAO!
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 05, 2021, 02:20:40 PM
[...]

For the record, I had a response mostly typed up, then thought, "fukk it, no one cares."
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 05, 2021, 02:20:59 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 05, 2021, 02:32:13 PM
[...]

I care. GFY.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 05, 2021, 02:55:08 PM
[...]

Let me just answer to that last part...part of a "discussion" I've been having with my brother.  While people like to say corners were cut with development of these vaccines with Operation Warp speed, actually nothing different was done with these than with any other drug or vaccine.  The primary reasons these were approved so quickly is that 1) money was made available to the companies (Pfizer didn't accept it) so that they could avoid the risk of doing phase 1, 2 and three studies at the same time, and 2), possibly the Major part of Warp Speed was that the red tape and slowness of FDA review was drastically shortened.  Again not changed, they just didn't take their sweet ass time getting around to it.  [due to the high cost, they usually do phase 1, submit data and wait a year or more for FDA review, then start phase 2, another year plus FDA review, then phase 3.  With this taking 5 years or more, companies can get all the data on long term stability, immunologic data from which they can determine if and when boosters are needed etc.]  So they did everything to prove safety and efficacy, but it is not possible to know need and frequency of boosters as only about a year has passed now from the start of the initial studies.  ( I'm still periodically getting blood drawn as part of the Moderna study)
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 05, 2021, 02:58:10 PM
[...]

Let me just answer to that last part...part of a "discussion" I've been having with my brother.  While people like to say corners were cut with development of these vaccines with Operation Warp speed, actually nothing different was done with these than with any other drug or vaccine.  The primary reasons these were approved so quickly is that 1) money was made available to the companies (Pfizer didn't accept it) so that they could avoid the risk of doing phase 1, 2 and three studies at the same time. [due to the high cost, they usually do phase 1, submit data and wait a year or more for FDA review, then start phase 2, another year plus FDA review, then phase 3.  With this taking 5 years or more, companies can get all the data on long term stability, immunologic data from which they can determine if and when boosters are needed etc.]  So they did everything to prove safety and efficacy, but it is not possible to know need and frequency of boosters as only about a year has passed now from the start of the initial studies.  ( I'm still periodically getting blood drawn as part of the Moderna study)
So they Do know how effective the vaccine is.  Don't know how long that effectivess lasts, which is a very different thing.  Also don't know how effective against newly emerging variants down the road.  In truth, I'm pleasantly surprised that these vaccines have remained highly effective against the various variants that have emerged.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 05, 2021, 03:12:17 PM
[...]

This last bit of data and unfortunately the politics that have infiltrated this process are the reasons the vaccines are identified as under emergency use authorization instead of approved.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: razgueado on August 05, 2021, 03:38:14 PM
[...]

I don't remotely disagree with any that.  Like I said, I'm not an anti-vaxxer.

But it's also true that we don't have hard data on how long immunity - vaccine-generated or infection-generated - will last, nor how effective the vaccines will prove to be against the variants.  Assertions that vaccines are useless is misinformation, but so are assertions that vaccines will keep anyone from getting sick.  The best we can say is "they will keep some people, likely most, from getting sick with existing strains, they may prove to be effective for some, likely most, against variants, and they will reduce the severity for some, likely most."  That's all we can say with any certainty about any vaccine.  There were something like 350 cases last year - mostly in Asia - of polio infections owing to vaccination.  That doesn't mean polio vaccination is useless.  It only means that no vaccine is a sure thing.  And anyone who says otherwise is spreading misinformation, even if they don't intend to, every bit as much as those who assert that vaccines don't work.

Also, there is a difference between misinformation and disinformation.  All disinformation is misinformation, but not all misinformation is disinformation.  Those who assert that the COVID vaccine is a government plot to reduce the population are engaging in disinformation.  ;-)
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: razgueado on August 05, 2021, 03:49:52 PM
Also, the real point of my response to LTG is that people on both sides are now weaponizing accusations of "misinformation," and it is not helpful to the cause of getting people vaccinated.

Better to just stick to what we know, rather than accusing people of lying. Or celebrating that someone is dead.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 05, 2021, 04:52:49 PM
Also, the real point of my response to LTG is that people on both sides are now weaponizing accusations of "misinformation," and it is not helpful to the cause of getting people vaccinated.

Better to just stick to what we know, rather than accusing people of lying. Or celebrating that someone is dead.
Not celebrating it, just not broken up about it, since a vaccine would've likely spared his life. The same way I wouldn't feel bad about someone who died of dehydration because "only liberal snowflakes drink water" or "we can't know the long term effects of lead traces in water".
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 05, 2021, 04:54:11 PM
[...]

Exactly right.  One more thing to add...the failure of the vaccine to protect some is not the fault of the vaccine, but rather failure of the individual's immune system to function properly.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 05, 2021, 04:54:17 PM
[...]

Now THERE'S some disinformation.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 05, 2021, 04:58:31 PM
Also, the real point of my response to LTG is that people on both sides are now weaponizing accusations of "misinformation," and it is not helpful to the cause of getting people vaccinated.

Better to just stick to what we know, rather than accusing people of lying. Or celebrating that someone is dead.
Never to celebrate death for any reason.  Our vaccine availability is truly a miracle and it is just sad that some choose not to take advantage of it for whatever reason.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 05, 2021, 04:59:44 PM
Also, the real point of my response to LTG is that people on both sides are now weaponizing accusations of "misinformation," and it is not helpful to the cause of getting people vaccinated.

Better to just stick to what we know, rather than accusing people of lying. Or celebrating that someone is dead.
Not celebrating it, just not broken up about it, since a vaccine would've likely spared his life. The same way I wouldn't feel bad about someone who died of dehydration because "only liberal snowflakes drink water" or "we can't know the long term effects of lead traces in water".
...well, if you live in Flint or Newark...
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 05, 2021, 05:56:02 PM
Also, the real point of my response to LTG is that people on both sides are now weaponizing accusations of "misinformation," and it is not helpful to the cause of getting people vaccinated.

Better to just stick to what we know, rather than accusing people of lying. Or celebrating that someone is dead.
Not celebrating it, just not broken up about it, since a vaccine would've likely spared his life. The same way I wouldn't feel bad about someone who died of dehydration because "only liberal snowflakes drink water" or "we can't know the long term effects of lead traces in water".
...well, if you live in Flint or Newark...
I think the people in Flint have to have built an immunity to it by now, right?
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 05, 2021, 06:22:07 PM
Also, the real point of my response to LTG is that people on both sides are now weaponizing accusations of "misinformation," and it is not helpful to the cause of getting people vaccinated.

Better to just stick to what we know, rather than accusing people of lying. Or celebrating that someone is dead.
Not celebrating it, just not broken up about it, since a vaccine would've likely spared his life. The same way I wouldn't feel bad about someone who died of dehydration because "only liberal snowflakes drink water" or "we can't know the long term effects of lead traces in water".
...well, if you live in Flint or Newark...
I think the people in Flint have to have built an immunity to it by now, right?
Wish you could...
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 05, 2021, 06:53:20 PM
Also, the real point of my response to LTG is that people on both sides are now weaponizing accusations of "misinformation," and it is not helpful to the cause of getting people vaccinated.

Better to just stick to what we know, rather than accusing people of lying. Or celebrating that someone is dead.
Not celebrating it, just not broken up about it, since a vaccine would've likely spared his life. The same way I wouldn't feel bad about someone who died of dehydration because "only liberal snowflakes drink water" or "we can't know the long term effects of lead traces in water".
...well, if you live in Flint or Newark...
I think the people in Flint have to have built an immunity to it by now, right?
Wish you could...
They're definitely wishing that, and have been for quite a few years.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 05, 2021, 07:02:18 PM
Death celebration lull?
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 05, 2021, 07:08:05 PM
My refreshes weren't working. Then I posted and saw all the subsequent posts (all 8 of them).
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 05, 2021, 08:56:43 PM
My refreshes weren't working. Then I posted and saw all the subsequent posts (all 8 of them).
Well, you're here now.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 05, 2021, 08:57:48 PM
Let's start this evening.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 05, 2021, 09:03:00 PM
About to go for a quality seafood meal. Have not been here myself before but the Mrs claims she's never had better.
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 05, 2021, 10:27:47 PM
Highly recommend the Matunuck Oyster Bar if you ever find yourself anywhere in Rhode Island. Wow!
Title: Re: 8/5/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 05, 2021, 11:44:15 PM
Highly recommend the Matunuck Oyster Bar if you ever find yourself anywhere in Rhode Island. Wow!
They farm their own oysters out back and they're small but tasty. Super fresh.