CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on July 21, 2021, 12:04:27 AM

Title: 7/21/2021
Post by: CigarBanter on July 21, 2021, 12:04:27 AM
Any hump day deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2021, 05:57:51 AM
Morning, humpers and humpees.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2021, 06:11:53 AM
Morning, humpers and humpees.
Back at ya.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2021, 06:14:38 AM
JoeCigar:

Ave Maria Immaculata Belicoso (6.0"x54) - 10 / $37.50
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2021, 06:20:27 AM
Cigar.com:

Door #1 - Dias de Gloria by AJ Fernandez  (Robusto Extra   5.5"x52) - 5 / $27.50

Door #2 - Perla del Mar Maduro Perla G (Toro   6.2"x54) - 5 / $22.50

Door #3 - La Herencia Cubana Collection - 15 / $49.99
includes:
5 x La Herencia Cubana Toro (6.5”x52)
5 x La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte Toro (6.5”x50)
5 x La Herencia Cubana CORE Toro (6.5”x52)
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2021, 06:24:53 AM
JoeCigar:

Ave Maria Immaculata Belicoso (6.0"x54) - 10 / $37.50
A relatively decent deal, though like with the Creamas, I believe the Page normally has them for less.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2021, 06:47:15 AM
JoeCigar:

Ave Maria Immaculata Belicoso (6.0"x54) - 10 / $37.50
A relatively decent deal, though like with the Creamas, I believe the Page normally has them for less.
Didn't realize the Aves were available outside CI. I assumed the same of Diesels and Man O' Wars.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2021, 07:10:12 AM
JoeCigar:

Ave Maria Immaculata Belicoso (6.0"x54) - 10 / $37.50
A relatively decent deal, though like with the Creamas, I believe the Page normally has them for less.
Didn't realize the Aves were available outside CI. I assumed the same of Diesels and Man O' Wars.
I may have been wrong. I just checked my order history with them to find out how much I got them for, and they aren't there. Must've gotten them elsewhere, probably CI.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2021, 07:11:01 AM
JoeCigar:

Ave Maria Immaculata Belicoso (6.0"x54) - 10 / $37.50
A relatively decent deal, though like with the Creamas, I believe the Page normally has them for less.
Didn't realize the Aves were available outside CI. I assumed the same of Diesels and Man O' Wars.
I may have been wrong. I just checked my order history with them to find out how much I got them for, and they aren't there. Must've gotten them elsewhere, probably CI.
Though, the Page does have the AM St George available, so they DO offer a part of the line.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2021, 07:44:57 AM
JoeCigar:

Ave Maria Immaculata Belicoso (6.0"x54) - 10 / $37.50
A relatively decent deal, though like with the Creamas, I believe the Page normally has them for less.
Didn't realize the Aves were available outside CI. I assumed the same of Diesels and Man O' Wars.
I may have been wrong. I just checked my order history with them to find out how much I got them for, and they aren't there. Must've gotten them elsewhere, probably CI.
Though, the Page does have the AM St George available, so they DO offer a part of the line.
Good to know.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2021, 08:06:09 AM
I get texted daily from CigarPage but it always comes at a time that I'm busy doing something else and then I forget to look.

Last evening, they sent me this link for some decent deals on La Flor Dominicana. Let's see if I'm successful in sharing it:

https://www.cigarpage.com/prices-la-flored-ks-sms20210722.html?_kx=2tJ4ugM2Zy6U4_2KEbEvpg0mAP-Sf0psc-7gkpND3dMiBx6eo2PauBTpsRnVMkyDZYqrqumKY-zYaoKbhxrO_A%3D%3D.MwExHP
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2021, 08:31:54 AM
I get texted daily from CigarPage but it always comes at a time that I'm busy doing something else and then I forget to look.

Last evening, they sent me this link for some decent deals on La Flor Dominicana. Let's see if I'm successful in sharing it:

https://www.cigarpage.com/prices-la-flored-ks-sms20210722.html?_kx=2tJ4ugM2Zy6U4_2KEbEvpg0mAP-Sf0psc-7gkpND3dMiBx6eo2PauBTpsRnVMkyDZYqrqumKY-zYaoKbhxrO_A%3D%3D.MwExHP
I just ordered a couple of 5ers from the monster, Perdomo Small Batch sun growns.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2021, 09:26:53 AM
I get texted daily from CigarPage but it always comes at a time that I'm busy doing something else and then I forget to look.

Last evening, they sent me this link for some decent deals on La Flor Dominicana. Let's see if I'm successful in sharing it:

https://www.cigarpage.com/prices-la-flored-ks-sms20210722.html?_kx=2tJ4ugM2Zy6U4_2KEbEvpg0mAP-Sf0psc-7gkpND3dMiBx6eo2PauBTpsRnVMkyDZYqrqumKY-zYaoKbhxrO_A%3D%3D.MwExHP
I just ordered a couple of 5ers from the monster, Perdomo Small Batch sun growns.
Monster is another place I keep forgetting to look at.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2021, 09:28:57 AM
I get texted daily from CigarPage but it always comes at a time that I'm busy doing something else and then I forget to look.

Last evening, they sent me this link for some decent deals on La Flor Dominicana. Let's see if I'm successful in sharing it:

https://www.cigarpage.com/prices-la-flored-ks-sms20210722.html?_kx=2tJ4ugM2Zy6U4_2KEbEvpg0mAP-Sf0psc-7gkpND3dMiBx6eo2PauBTpsRnVMkyDZYqrqumKY-zYaoKbhxrO_A%3D%3D.MwExHP
I just ordered a couple of 5ers from the monster, Perdomo Small Batch sun growns.
Monster is another place I keep forgetting to look at.
And CATSRULE still works, amazingly. That's the discount code that keeps on giving.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 21, 2021, 09:34:00 AM
Morning Tony and Dave.  Humpday it is.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2021, 09:39:45 AM
Morning Tony and Dave.  Humpday it is.
Morning, PageOneDave.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 21, 2021, 09:43:02 AM
JoeCigar:

Ave Maria Immaculata Belicoso (6.0"x54) - 10 / $37.50
A relatively decent deal, though like with the Creamas, I believe the Page normally has them for less.
Didn't realize the Aves were available outside CI. I assumed the same of Diesels and Man O' Wars.
I'm curious about that as well.  Ave and MOW I believe are still exclusive to CI/Sis.  Many Diesels are but a few lines are being sold at B&Ms.
Don't know how the Page offers them (and 5 Vegas).   Page has poked at CI in comments before, but I would not be surprised if there was a business relationship.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 21, 2021, 09:43:56 AM
Morning Tony and Dave.  Humpday it is.
Morning, PageOneDave.
I prefer page 2 (or 3) arrivals, but so it goes.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 21, 2021, 09:55:17 AM
Some good memes and quotables about Bezos spaceflight...

“Congratulations on your penis rocket,” tweeted the Daily Beast’s Molly Jong-Fast. “Now pay your taxes.”

“Well Jeff Bezos flight was over pretty quick,” tweeted another observer. “Ex-wife: The things I could tell you.”

“There are sometimes signs that people working for a rich/powerful person have utter contempt for their boss,” tweeted one insightful person. “The dong rocket is one of those signs.”

Those who have “flown” into space aboard fictional ships and rockets also weighed in, as did George Takei, who played Sulu in “Star Trek.” His comment was brief but summed up what the world seems to have been thinking.

“Oh myyy,” he tweeted. “That…shape.”
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 21, 2021, 10:04:52 AM
It's just beginning...
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2021, 10:06:43 AM
It's just beginning...
CNS
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 21, 2021, 10:08:51 AM
Old computer wouldn't crank up today so on the backup.  No access to the AVI library, and keyboard layout is different so...bear with me.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2021, 10:11:27 AM
Old computer wouldn't crank up today so on the backup.  No access to the AVI library, and keyboard layout is different so...bear with me.
Your current avi will do just fine.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 21, 2021, 10:16:32 AM
Just a few more...

My Dad got to watch Armstrong walk on the moon.
I get to watch the guy who killed bookstores ride a dick into space.

jeff bezos didn’t even go to space! he just got super high which nobody congratulates me for??

You know what’s cooler than going to space? Paying your employees a living wage.

when your ex needs to go to space about it, you won the divorce

when jeff bezos comes back to earth let’s all pretend we don’t know who he is
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2021, 10:18:06 AM
Morning Tony and Dave.  Humpday it is.
Good morning, ClemsonDave.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 21, 2021, 10:27:50 AM
Today is Wednesday, July 21, the 202nd day of 2021.
There are 163 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On July 21, 1944, American forces landed on Guam during World War II, capturing it from the Japanese some three weeks later.

On this date:

In 1861, during the Civil War, the first Battle of Bull Run was fought at Manassas, Virginia, resulting in a Confederate victory.

In 1925, the so-called “Monkey Trial” ended in Dayton, Tennessee, with John T. Scopes found guilty of violating state law for teaching Darwin’s Theory of Evolution. (The conviction was later overturned on a technicality.)

In 1954, the Geneva Conference concluded with accords dividing Vietnam into northern and southern entities.

In 1969, Apollo 11 astronauts Neil Armstrong and Edwin “Buzz” Aldrin blasted off from the moon aboard the ascent stage of the lunar module for docking with the command module.

In 1972, the Irish Republican Army carried out 22 bombings in Belfast, Northern Ireland, killing nine people and injuring 130 in what became known as “Bloody Friday.”

In 1980, draft registration began in the United States for 19- and 20-year-old men.

In 1999, Navy divers found and recovered the bodies of John F. Kennedy Jr., his wife, Carolyn, and sister-in-law, Lauren Bessette (bih-SEHT’), in the wreckage of Kennedy’s plane in the Atlantic Ocean off Martha’s Vineyard.

In 2000, Special Counsel John C. Danforth concluded “with 100 percent certainty” that the federal government was innocent of wrongdoing in the siege that killed 80 members of the Branch Davidian compound near Waco, Texas, in 1993.

In 2009, prosecutors in Cambridge, Massachusetts, dropped a disorderly conduct charge against prominent Black scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr., who was arrested by a white officer at his home near Harvard University after a report of a break-in.

In 2011, the 30-year-old space shuttle program ended as Atlantis landed at Cape Canaveral, Florida, after the 135th shuttle flight.

In 2008, former Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadzic (RA’-doh-van KA’-ra-jich), one of the world’s top war crimes fugitives, was arrested in a Belgrade suburb by Serbian security forces. (He was sentenced by a U.N. court in 2019 to life imprisonment after being convicted of genocide, crimes against humanity and war crimes.)

In 2015, after a nearly decade-long steroids prosecution, former baseball star Barry Bonds emerged victorious when federal prosecutors dropped what was left of their criminal case against the career home runs leader.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 21, 2021, 10:28:26 AM
Ten years ago: The 30-year-old space shuttle program ended as Atlantis landed at Cape Canaveral, Florida, after the 135th shuttle flight. Eurozone leaders agreed to a sweeping deal that would grant Greece a massive new bailout and radically reshape the currency union’s rescue fund.

Five years ago: Donald Trump accepted the GOP presidential nomination with a speech in which he pledged to cheering Republicans and still-skeptical voters that as president, he would restore the safety they feared they were losing, strictly curb immigration and save the nation from what he said was Hillary Clinton’s record of “death, destruction, terrorism and weakness.” The NBA moved the 2017 All-Star Game out of Charlotte because of its objections to a North Carolina law that limited anti-discrimination protections for lesbian, gay and transgender people.

One year ago: Minnesota lawmakers approved a police accountability package including a ban on neck restraints like the one used on George Floyd before his death in Minneapolis. (Gov. Tim Walz signed the bill two days later.) After months of resisting wearing a mask in public, President Donald Trump told reporters that he was “getting used to” wearing one; as Trump returned from a three-month hiatus from daily virus briefings, he warned that the coronavirus would get worse in the United States before it got better. The Republican speaker of the Ohio House, Larry Householder, and four associates were arrested in a $60 million federal bribery case connected to a taxpayer-funded bailout of Ohio’s two nuclear power plants. (Householder, who has proclaimed his innocence, was expelled from the Ohio House by fellow lawmakers in June 2021.) Jazz singer and actor Annie Ross died at her New York home, four days before her 90th birthday.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 21, 2021, 10:31:33 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Movie director Norman Jewison is 95.
Actor Leigh Lawson is 78.
Singer Yusuf Islam (also known as Cat Stevens) is 73.
Cartoonist Garry Trudeau is 73.
 Actor Jamey Sheridan is 70.
Rock singer-musician Eric Bazilian (The Hooters) is 68.
Comedian Jon Lovitz is 64.
Actor Lance Guest is 61.
Actor Matt Mulhern is 61.
Comedian Greg Behrendt is 58.
player Brandi Chastain is 53.
Rock singer Emerson Hart is 52.
Rock-soul singer Michael Fitzpatrick (Fitz and the Tantrums) is 51.
Actor Alysia Reiner is 51.
Country singer Paul Brandt is 49.
Christian rock musician Korey Cooper (Skillet) is 49.
Actor Ali Landry is 48.
Actor-comedian Steve Byrne is 47.
Rock musician Tato Melgar (Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real) is 44.
Actor Justin Bartha is 43.
Actor Josh Hartnett is 43.
Contemporary Christian singer Brandon Heath is 43.
Actor Sprague Grayden is 43.
Reggae singer Damian Marley is 43.
Country singer Brad Mates (Emerson Drive) is 43.
Former MLB All-Star pitcher CC Sabathia (suh-BATH’-ee-uh) is 41.
Singer Blake Lewis (“American Idol”) is 40.
Latin singer Romeo Santos is 40.
Rock musician Johan Carlsson (Carolina Liar) is 37.
Actor Vanessa Lengies (LEHN’-jeez) is 36.
Actor Betty Gilpin is 35.
Actor Rory Culkin is 32.
Actor Jamie Waylett (“Harry Potter” films) is 32.
Figure skater Rachael Flatt is 29.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 21, 2021, 10:38:44 AM
Tony, you getting some of that smoky haze from the fires out Raz's way?
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2021, 10:39:54 AM
Just a few more...

My Dad got to watch Armstrong walk on the moon.
I get to watch the guy who killed bookstores ride a dick into space.

jeff bezos didn’t even go to space! he just got super high which nobody congratulates me for??

You know what’s cooler than going to space? Paying your employees a living wage.

when your ex needs to go to space about it, you won the divorce

when jeff bezos comes back to earth let’s all pretend we don’t know who he is
There was no rush. Hope the PC thing straightens itself out. In general, I'd say delete most of the porn and it will free up more than enough space to boot up properly.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 21, 2021, 10:40:39 AM
The Page offering up My Father 10ers for todays deal.

https://www.cigarpage.com/it-runs-in-the-family.html
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2021, 10:45:58 AM
[...]

I couldn't believe Brandi Chastain was 53, so I looked it up to confirm. Can't believe that whole ripping her shirt off thing was 22 years ago. Sheesh!
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2021, 10:57:51 AM
Tony, you getting some of that smoky haze from the fires out Raz's way?
Yes sir. In fact, the sun is very strange to look at through all that haze.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2021, 10:59:26 AM
[...]

You're gonna make me look that up. I've heard the name but don't know her from Dave.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2021, 11:01:28 AM
Tony, you getting some of that smoky haze from the fires out Raz's way?
Yes sir. In fact, the sun is very strange to look at through all that haze.
The moon has been pretty orange this week, I imagine that's the reason.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 21, 2021, 11:01:34 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2021, 11:08:38 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Raz. How's the haze situation in your parts?
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2021, 11:08:44 AM

[...]

Not nearly as interesting as I had hoped. I would have preferred checking out ClemsonDave's PC.

Edit: I had the women's Olympic Brazil vs. China game on in the background and they just mentioned Chastain.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2021, 11:09:10 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Good morning, Raz.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2021, 11:12:09 AM
Tony, you getting some of that smoky haze from the fires out Raz's way?
Yes sir. In fact, the sun is very strange to look at through all that haze.
The moon has been pretty orange this week, I imagine that's the reason.
Was it full? If so, that was likely the sun you were looking at.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 21, 2021, 11:22:07 AM
Just a few more...

My Dad got to watch Armstrong walk on the moon.
I get to watch the guy who killed bookstores ride a dick into space.

jeff bezos didn’t even go to space! he just got super high which nobody congratulates me for??

You know what’s cooler than going to space? Paying your employees a living wage.

when your ex needs to go to space about it, you won the divorce

when jeff bezos comes back to earth let’s all pretend we don’t know who he is
There was no rush. Hope the PC thing straightens itself out. In general, I'd say delete most of the porn and it will free up more than enough space to boot up properly.
Good suggestion, but it won't even turn on...
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 21, 2021, 11:24:21 AM

[...]

USA women got hammered yesterday by Brazil 3-0.  Maybe too cocky and needed a wake up call.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2021, 11:24:59 AM
Tony, you getting some of that smoky haze from the fires out Raz's way?
Yes sir. In fact, the sun is very strange to look at through all that haze.
The moon has been pretty orange this week, I imagine that's the reason.
Was it full? If so, that was likely the sun you were looking at.
That explains why I couldn't see for 30 minutes after staring at it.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2021, 11:26:22 AM

[...]

I just couldn't believe it has been that long. Time really does fly, regardless of whether you're having fun or not.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 21, 2021, 11:42:03 AM
Interesting bit of history for today.
It seems Lewis and Clark were not the first to make the transcontinental crossing...It was Alexander Mackenzie.

Then there's the part about him returning to Scotland and at 48, taking a 14 year old bride... :o

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Mackenzie_(explorer)
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2021, 11:42:55 AM
Tony, you getting some of that smoky haze from the fires out Raz's way?
Yes sir. In fact, the sun is very strange to look at through all that haze.
The moon has been pretty orange this week, I imagine that's the reason.
Was it full? If so, that was likely the sun you were looking at.
That explains why I couldn't see for 30 minutes after staring at it.
Were you staring at the Japanese flag?
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 21, 2021, 11:43:10 AM
Tony, you getting some of that smoky haze from the fires out Raz's way?
Yes sir. In fact, the sun is very strange to look at through all that haze.
The moon has been pretty orange this week, I imagine that's the reason.
Was it full? If so, that was likely the sun you were looking at.
That explains why I couldn't see for 30 minutes after staring at it.
Glad we were able to figure that out... :o   8)
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2021, 11:43:51 AM
Interesting bit of history for today.
It seems Lewis and Clark were not the first to make the transcontinental crossing...It was Alexander Mackenzie.

Then there's the part about him returning to Scotland and at 48, taking a 14 year old bride... :o

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Mackenzie_(explorer)
Different times?
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 21, 2021, 11:45:09 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Raz. How's the haze situation in your parts?
I'm pretty hazy.  Think I drank too much rum last night.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 21, 2021, 11:53:06 AM

[...]

You were hoping for titillation from a soccer player?
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2021, 11:53:10 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Raz. How's the haze situation in your parts?
I'm pretty hazy.  Think I drank too much rum last night.
Just don't go staring at the sun, thinking it's the moon.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2021, 11:53:33 AM

[...]

Yeah, the volleyball court is where you go for that.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2021, 11:53:48 AM

Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Raz. How's the haze situation in your parts?
I'm pretty hazy.  Think I drank too much rum last night.

There should never be a doubt. Either you did or you didn't. My vote is that you didn't because one always knows when they did.

-Confucius
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 21, 2021, 12:01:25 PM
Interesting bit of history for today.
It seems Lewis and Clark were not the first to make the transcontinental crossing...It was Alexander Mackenzie.

Then there's the part about him returning to Scotland and at 48, taking a 14 year old bride... :o

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Mackenzie_(explorer)
Different times?
Very.  Mackenzie only lived to be 56.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 21, 2021, 12:02:25 PM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Raz. How's the haze situation in your parts?
I'm pretty hazy.  Think I drank too much rum last night.
Just don't go staring at the sun, thinking it's the moon.
If I thought it was the moon, I'd bark at it.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 21, 2021, 12:03:00 PM

[...]

Only if it's Beach Volleyball.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2021, 12:05:01 PM

[...]

I respectfully disagree. While the outfits for beach volleyball are clearly the winner, even indoor volleyball women are built quite nicely.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2021, 12:13:50 PM

[...]

Sure. Why not? I didn't say Shot Put. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 21, 2021, 01:00:52 PM
The Bro's
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2021, 01:04:46 PM

[...]

LALTS
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2021, 01:04:54 PM
The Bro's
Almost makes me want a dog. They are beautiful.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2021, 01:05:12 PM
The Bro's
They look happy to have a cactus to pee on. Hope they're careful, though!
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2021, 01:06:15 PM

[...]

No offense, of course, to those fellow banterers related to female shot putters.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2021, 01:12:14 PM

[...]

I wish, I bet they'd be helpful when moving. As long as they can be convinced to set it down gently.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2021, 01:16:51 PM

[...]

Going somewhere?
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 21, 2021, 01:25:38 PM
Rosa today Tony.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2021, 01:39:46 PM

[...]

Not a chance. Just the thought of having to move everything in my house makes me itchy.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2021, 01:41:45 PM
Rosa today Tony.
Sure that's not a Dominicano? ;)
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 21, 2021, 01:57:01 PM

[...]

Or beach handball....the Norway womens team was fined for wearing shorts instead of bikini bottoms.  How dare they!

https://omaha.com/sports/other/norway-womens-beach-handball-team-fined-for-choosing-shorts-over-bikini-bottoms/article_b304c45c-45c9-54cc-8270-ca1318c50475.html
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 21, 2021, 02:04:05 PM

[...]

I didn't know there was such a thing as beach handball....
Lots of new sports added this year.
Baseball and softball added back , but may be a one off....
Karate, skateboarding, sport climbing and surfing added.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 21, 2021, 02:07:02 PM
Sure. Why not? I didn't say Shot Put. Sheesh.

It's about the same thing.  Soccer is a rough contact sport.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2021, 02:08:16 PM

[...]

Think this was the same day another athlete was told her shorts for track and field were too revealing. Pick a lane, people!
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 21, 2021, 02:10:59 PM
Or beach handball....the Norway womens team was fined for wearing shorts instead of bikini bottoms.  How dare they!

https://omaha.com/sports/other/norway-womens-beach-handball-team-fined-for-choosing-shorts-over-bikini-bottoms/article_b304c45c-45c9-54cc-8270-ca1318c50475.html
Yeah...I mean, I like looking at scantily clad women.  But mandating bikinis for Olympic athletes?  That's sleazy.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2021, 02:11:36 PM

[...]

I was waiting at a sandwich shop this past weekend waiting for my order, and the TV they had on was showing some crazy sport I'd never seen or heard of before. I wish I could remember the name of it, but it was 4 people around a circle (2 teams of 2), and in the middle of the circle was a small trampoline-type contraption. They had a ball, and you served it off the trampoline and then they had to smack it around. That's about as much of the rules as I could figure out. It was out there, like a suped-up version of 4-Square.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 21, 2021, 02:11:46 PM
Think this was the same day another athlete was told her shorts for track and field were too revealing. Pick a lane, people!

Well, no one's ever accused the IOC of being consistent - or even sane.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 21, 2021, 02:13:28 PM
I was waiting at a sandwich shop this past weekend waiting for my order, and the TV they had on was showing some crazy sport I'd never seen or heard of before. I wish I could remember the name of it, but it was 4 people around a circle (2 teams of 2), and in the middle of the circle was a small trampoline-type contraption. They had a ball, and you served it off the trampoline and then they had to smack it around. That's about as much of the rules as I could figure out. It was out there, like a suped-up version of 4-Square.

Spikeball.  It's a thing.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2021, 02:21:09 PM
I was waiting at a sandwich shop this past weekend waiting for my order, and the TV they had on was showing some crazy sport I'd never seen or heard of before. I wish I could remember the name of it, but it was 4 people around a circle (2 teams of 2), and in the middle of the circle was a small trampoline-type contraption. They had a ball, and you served it off the trampoline and then they had to smack it around. That's about as much of the rules as I could figure out. It was out there, like a suped-up version of 4-Square.

Spikeball.  It's a thing.
Spikeball, that's what it was. I knew it started with an S and ended with ball, but couldn't remember the rest. Thanks, that would've bugged me all day.

And it was a thing, alright. A crazy, hectic thing.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2021, 02:22:13 PM
Now for something slightly less crazy and hectic - hazzuh!
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2021, 02:44:50 PM
Now for something slightly less crazy and hectic - hazzuh!
Dang, didn't realize how late it was.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2021, 02:45:41 PM
This is an interesting CigarPage offering. Not cheapy cheapo though.

https://www.cigarpage.com/cao-arcana-mortal-coil-l-e.html?_kx=2tJ4ugM2Zy6U4_2KEbEvpg0mAP-Sf0psc-7gkpND3dMiBx6eo2PauBTpsRnVMkyDZYqrqumKY-zYaoKbhxrO_A%3D%3D.MwExHP
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 21, 2021, 03:24:16 PM
Barbecue for lunch today.  Not great barbecue.  But tol'able.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2021, 04:50:49 PM
Barbecue for lunch today.  Not great barbecue.  But tol'able.
Even mediocre barbeque is better than no barbeque.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 21, 2021, 04:55:38 PM
Barbecue for lunch today.  Not great barbecue.  But tol'able.
Even mediocre barbeque is better than no barbeque.
The worst barbecue beats hell out of McDonald's or Subway.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 21, 2021, 06:41:14 PM
We can't get this close to 8 pages and not follow through.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 21, 2021, 06:43:45 PM
I'll be heading north to Snohomish county this weekend.  After seven months, my 1965 Fender Twin Reverb has been restored to health, along with a couple of other pieces of gear.  So I'll be picking it up and dropping off two more amps to be fixed.  Hopefully those won't take 7 months.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 21, 2021, 06:55:07 PM
My first stop on Saturday will be at my tailor's.  Never thought I'd have a tailor, but I do.  My first made-to-measure suit is ready for final fitting.  Never thought I'd have a made-to-measure suit.  But I'm going to.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 21, 2021, 06:57:26 PM
Big herf on Friday afternoon at Smokey Joe's Cigar Lounge in Fife, WA.  A gathering of Holy Smokes chapters.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2021, 07:01:36 PM
My first stop on Saturday will be at my tailor's.  Never thought I'd have a tailor, but I do.  My first made-to-measure suit is ready for final fitting.  Never thought I'd have a made-to-measure suit.  But I'm going to.
I've thought about getting a custom-made suit, but since I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've worn a suit in the last 5 years, didn't seem worth it.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2021, 07:02:41 PM
On the other hand, Friday I'm finally going in to get fitted for a new set of irons. I've been wanting to do that forever, so I'm finally gonna make it happen.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 21, 2021, 07:06:39 PM
My first stop on Saturday will be at my tailor's.  Never thought I'd have a tailor, but I do.  My first made-to-measure suit is ready for final fitting.  Never thought I'd have a made-to-measure suit.  But I'm going to.
I've thought about getting a custom-made suit, but since I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've worn a suit in the last 5 years, didn't seem worth it.
I wear a suit about 5 times a year.  Christmas, Easter, the odd date to the Symphony, and any weddings or funerals I do.  Probably isn't worth the money, but I had the money, so I did it.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2021, 07:07:13 PM
My first stop on Saturday will be at my tailor's.  Never thought I'd have a tailor, but I do.  My first made-to-measure suit is ready for final fitting.  Never thought I'd have a made-to-measure suit.  But I'm going to.
Money well spent. Had a pair of shoes made for me once and they lasted me for decades.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 21, 2021, 07:07:24 PM
On the other hand, Friday I'm finally going in to get fitted for a new set of irons. I've been wanting to do that forever, so I'm finally gonna make it happen.
Nice.  That should shave a stroke or two off the handicap, no?
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2021, 07:08:50 PM
On the other hand, Friday I'm finally going in to get fitted for a new set of irons. I've been wanting to do that forever, so I'm finally gonna make it happen.
Nice.  That should shave a stroke or two off the handicap, no?
If anything, it'll be a valid excuse to hit the lynx more often.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2021, 07:09:32 PM
We can't get this close to 8 pages and not follow through.
Easy peazy.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 21, 2021, 07:14:02 PM
Just got out of the long meeting for supervisors explaining the agency's emerging workplace policies.  We're 60 days from letting people back in the building at all, and the goal is to reduce occupancy to 70%.  I may finish out the last nine years of my career reporting to the office no more than a couple of times a month.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2021, 07:16:42 PM
On the other hand, Friday I'm finally going in to get fitted for a new set of irons. I've been wanting to do that forever, so I'm finally gonna make it happen.
Nice.  That should shave a stroke or two off the handicap, no?
That's the hope. Being 6'4", I shouldn't be playing clubs off the rack, but that's what I've always done. Every article I've read says it helps your game a bunch, so I'm gonna give it a whirl.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2021, 07:17:39 PM
My first stop on Saturday will be at my tailor's.  Never thought I'd have a tailor, but I do.  My first made-to-measure suit is ready for final fitting.  Never thought I'd have a made-to-measure suit.  But I'm going to.
I've thought about getting a custom-made suit, but since I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've worn a suit in the last 5 years, didn't seem worth it.
I wear a suit about 5 times a year.  Christmas, Easter, the odd date to the Symphony, and any weddings or funerals I do.  Probably isn't worth the money, but I had the money, so I did it.
I hear you. I don't need a new set of irons, not really, but I'm going for it anyways.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 21, 2021, 07:18:00 PM
The agency won't be mandating vaccination, but will have a rigorous vaccination verification process and masks will be required for those who don't go through the verification.  I'll be given a list of my staffers who can't or won't get the vaccination, and I will be responsible for enforcing the mask policy on them.

Fortunately, everyone on my team got poked.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2021, 07:18:16 PM
On the other hand, Friday I'm finally going in to get fitted for a new set of irons. I've been wanting to do that forever, so I'm finally gonna make it happen.
Nice.  That should shave a stroke or two off the handicap, no?
If anything, it'll be a valid excuse to hit the lynx more often.
Worth the price of admission right there.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 21, 2021, 07:18:43 PM
On the other hand, Friday I'm finally going in to get fitted for a new set of irons. I've been wanting to do that forever, so I'm finally gonna make it happen.
Nice.  That should shave a stroke or two off the handicap, no?
That's the hope. Being 6'4", I shouldn't be playing clubs off the rack, but that's what I've always done. Every article I've read says it helps your game a bunch, so I'm gonna give it a whirl.
I predict divots until you get used to the length.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2021, 07:19:53 PM
Just got out of the long meeting for supervisors explaining the agency's emerging workplace policies.  We're 60 days from letting people back in the building at all, and the goal is to reduce occupancy to 70%.  I may finish out the last nine years of my career reporting to the office no more than a couple of times a month.
They're starting to bring us back next month, but have given us the option to stay home until the end of the year if we choose. Obviously, that's what I'm choosing.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2021, 07:21:30 PM
The agency won't be mandating vaccination, but will have a rigorous vaccination verification process and masks will be required for those who don't go through the verification.  I'll be given a list of my staffers who can't or won't get the vaccination, and I will be responsible for enforcing the mask policy on them.

Fortunately, everyone on my team got poked.
Don't think they've said what our policy will be, if any. They're usually pretty lax about stuff like that, going back to the days of Peter B. smoking his way around the world. We shall see.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2021, 07:21:48 PM
On the other hand, Friday I'm finally going in to get fitted for a new set of irons. I've been wanting to do that forever, so I'm finally gonna make it happen.
Nice.  That should shave a stroke or two off the handicap, no?
That's the hope. Being 6'4", I shouldn't be playing clubs off the rack, but that's what I've always done. Every article I've read says it helps your game a bunch, so I'm gonna give it a whirl.
I predict divots until you get used to the length.
TWHS?
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2021, 07:23:14 PM
On the other hand, Friday I'm finally going in to get fitted for a new set of irons. I've been wanting to do that forever, so I'm finally gonna make it happen.
Nice.  That should shave a stroke or two off the handicap, no?
That's the hope. Being 6'4", I shouldn't be playing clubs off the rack, but that's what I've always done. Every article I've read says it helps your game a bunch, so I'm gonna give it a whirl.
I predict divots until you get used to the length.
TWSS?
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2021, 07:48:10 PM
Also on Friday, kids have another sleepover cause I'm doing a round of moonlight golf with Nate (which sounds a lot sexier than intended), providing the weather holds out.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2021, 07:53:56 PM
Speaking of sexy. Just finished dinner and it was yummo. Barbeque chicken on the grill with a side of portobello mushrooms. So good. Don't think I've had dinner this early in a long while.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2021, 08:17:21 PM
Speaking of sexy. Just finished dinner and it was yummo. Barbeque chicken on the grill with a side of portobello mushrooms. So good. Don't think I've had dinner this early in a long while.
Sounds delish.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 21, 2021, 08:25:47 PM
My first stop on Saturday will be at my tailor's.  Never thought I'd have a tailor, but I do.  My first made-to-measure suit is ready for final fitting.  Never thought I'd have a made-to-measure suit.  But I'm going to.
Well, la de da....you getting married or something?
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 21, 2021, 08:26:58 PM
Just got out of the long meeting for supervisors explaining the agency's emerging workplace policies.  We're 60 days from letting people back in the building at all, and the goal is to reduce occupancy to 70%.  I may finish out the last nine years of my career reporting to the office no more than a couple of times a month.
And I bet you can live with that.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 21, 2021, 08:28:42 PM
Also on Friday, kids have another sleepover cause I'm doing a round of moonlight golf with Nate (which sounds a lot sexier than intended), providing the weather holds out.
Knowing Nate....not really.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2021, 08:48:29 PM
Also on Friday, kids have another sleepover cause I'm doing a round of moonlight golf with Nate (which sounds a lot sexier than intended), providing the weather holds out.
Knowing Nate....not really.
Jealousy is ugly on you.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2021, 09:20:04 PM
Cain Daytona

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210722/44c639d7b489f0a300721be69dc1b10a.jpg)
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2021, 09:20:10 PM
Jealousy lull?
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2021, 09:22:23 PM
Cain Daytona

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210722/44c639d7b489f0a300721be69dc1b10a.jpg)
I just found one of those yesterday. Looks like I picked it up at the 2016 CigarFest.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2021, 10:13:41 PM
Cain Daytona

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210722/44c639d7b489f0a300721be69dc1b10a.jpg)
I just found one of those yesterday. Looks like I picked it up at the 2016 CigarFest.
It's a fine smoke.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 21, 2021, 11:05:41 PM
Just got out of the long meeting for supervisors explaining the agency's emerging workplace policies.  We're 60 days from letting people back in the building at all, and the goal is to reduce occupancy to 70%.  I may finish out the last nine years of my career reporting to the office no more than a couple of times a month.
And I bet you can live with that.
Seriously.
Title: Re: 7/21/2021
Post by: Oyam18 on July 21, 2021, 11:40:09 PM
Go Sweden 🇸🇪