CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on July 15, 2021, 12:00:20 AM

Title: 7/15/2021
Post by: CigarBanter on July 15, 2021, 12:00:20 AM
What's up cigar enthusiasts?  Any cigar deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 15, 2021, 05:25:55 AM
Morning, all. Happy Payday/Open Championship Round 1 Thursday.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 15, 2021, 05:28:28 AM
Joe:

E.P. Carrillo New Wave 10-Packs - 39.99

E.P. Carrillo New Wave
E.P. Carrillo New Wave Reserva

*Reservas currently showing price of 79.00. D'oh!
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 15, 2021, 05:29:40 AM
Sis:

Door #1 - Lost and Found Sampler 2 - 5/34.99

Door #2 - Montecristo Pilotico Pepe Mendez Toro - 5/24.99

Door #3 - Rocky Patel Vintage '92 Churchill - 5/27.50
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 15, 2021, 05:30:48 AM
Also looks like the first child tax credit deposit dropped today.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 15, 2021, 05:45:12 AM
Good morning, Dave. I'm joining you for payday this week.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 15, 2021, 06:09:05 AM
Good morning, Dave. I'm joining you for payday this week.
Good deal. Are you getting the child tax credit as well, or did you defer it?
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 15, 2021, 06:21:36 AM
Good morning, Dave. I'm joining you for payday this week.
Good deal. Are you getting the child tax credit as well, or did you defer it?
I definitely didn't intentionally defer it. Let's see...
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 15, 2021, 06:39:22 AM
Good morning, Dave. I'm joining you for payday this week.
Good deal. Are you getting the child tax credit as well, or did you defer it?
I definitely didn't intentionally defer it. Let's see...
It was a bit of a procedure to defer it. You had to upload documents to verify your identity, so I just said fukk it, give me the money.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 15, 2021, 06:54:09 AM
Good morning, Dave. I'm joining you for payday this week.
Good deal. Are you getting the child tax credit as well, or did you defer it?
I definitely didn't intentionally defer it. Let's see...
Got it! Almost missed it because there were so many payments that went out, including the mortgage.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 15, 2021, 07:25:02 AM
Joe:

E.P. Carrillo New Wave 10-Packs - 39.99

E.P. Carrillo New Wave
E.P. Carrillo New Wave Reserva

*Reservas currently showing price of 79.00. D'oh!
I saw that last night and thought that's a heck of a difference to pay for a different binder tobacco.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 15, 2021, 07:26:15 AM
Joe:

E.P. Carrillo New Wave 10-Packs - 39.99

E.P. Carrillo New Wave
E.P. Carrillo New Wave Reserva

*Reservas currently showing price of 79.00. D'oh!
I saw that last night and thought that's a heck of a difference to pay for a different binder tobacco.
For some reason I remember being in the minority on this one and preferring the non Reserva anyway.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 15, 2021, 07:39:08 AM
Joe:

E.P. Carrillo New Wave 10-Packs - 39.99

E.P. Carrillo New Wave
E.P. Carrillo New Wave Reserva

*Reservas currently showing price of 79.00. D'oh!
I saw that last night and thought that's a heck of a difference to pay for a different binder tobacco.
For some reason I remember being in the minority on this one and preferring the non Reserva anyway.
Don't recall having a preference myself. Both good sticks.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 15, 2021, 07:40:26 AM
Good morning, Dave. I'm joining you for payday this week.
Good deal. Are you getting the child tax credit as well, or did you defer it?
I definitely didn't intentionally defer it. Let's see...
Got it! Almost missed it because there were so many payments that went out, including the mortgage.
Score!
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 15, 2021, 08:12:14 AM
Joe:

E.P. Carrillo New Wave 10-Packs - 39.99

E.P. Carrillo New Wave
E.P. Carrillo New Wave Reserva

*Reservas currently showing price of 79.00. D'oh!
I saw that last night and thought that's a heck of a difference to pay for a different binder tobacco.
For some reason I remember being in the minority on this one and preferring the non Reserva anyway.
Don't recall having a preference myself. Both good sticks.
I guess one would have to find that the Reserva was twice as gooder to bite.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 15, 2021, 08:20:17 AM
Joe:

E.P. Carrillo New Wave 10-Packs - 39.99

E.P. Carrillo New Wave
E.P. Carrillo New Wave Reserva

*Reservas currently showing price of 79.00. D'oh!
I saw that last night and thought that's a heck of a difference to pay for a different binder tobacco.
For some reason I remember being in the minority on this one and preferring the non Reserva anyway.
Don't recall having a preference myself. Both good sticks.
I guess one would have to find that the Reserva was twice as gooder to bite.
I was hoping it was an IT error, but it still shows the different prices.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 15, 2021, 08:30:10 AM
Morning, muchachos. Just woke up from a really vivid and unpleasant nightmare.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 15, 2021, 08:51:27 AM
Morning, muchachos. Just woke up from a really vivid and unpleasant nightmare.
Sounds like a terrible way to wake up. Morning, Page2Raz.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 15, 2021, 09:56:04 AM
Morning, muchachos. Just woke up from a really vivid and unpleasant nightmare.
You got to stop that late night snacking. Good morning, Raz.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on July 15, 2021, 09:58:07 AM
good morning everyone. waiting at the doctor's office waiting to be infused by the slowest, most unorganized nurse from hell.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 15, 2021, 09:58:14 AM
Joe:

E.P. Carrillo New Wave 10-Packs - 39.99

E.P. Carrillo New Wave
E.P. Carrillo New Wave Reserva

*Reservas currently showing price of 79.00. D'oh!
I saw that last night and thought that's a heck of a difference to pay for a different binder tobacco.
For some reason I remember being in the minority on this one and preferring the non Reserva anyway.
Don't recall having a preference myself. Both good sticks.
I guess one would have to find that the Reserva was twice as gooder to bite.
I was hoping it was an IT error, but it still shows the different prices.
Just checked again and it was lowered to $42.50.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 15, 2021, 09:59:28 AM
good morning everyone. waiting at the doctor's office waiting to be infused by the slowest, most unorganized nurse from hell.
You're gonna have something in common with a Drew Estate ACID. Good morning, Dean.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 15, 2021, 10:01:43 AM
Morning, muchachos. Just woke up from a really vivid and unpleasant nightmare.
Sounds like a terrible way to wake up. Morning, Page2Raz.
Indeed, welcome to the page2ers.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 15, 2021, 10:02:11 AM
Morning gentlemen.  And Dean too!
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 15, 2021, 10:02:31 AM
Joe:

E.P. Carrillo New Wave 10-Packs - 39.99

E.P. Carrillo New Wave
E.P. Carrillo New Wave Reserva

*Reservas currently showing price of 79.00. D'oh!
I saw that last night and thought that's a heck of a difference to pay for a different binder tobacco.
For some reason I remember being in the minority on this one and preferring the non Reserva anyway.
Don't recall having a preference myself. Both good sticks.
I guess one would have to find that the Reserva was twice as gooder to bite.
I was hoping it was an IT error, but it still shows the different prices.
Just checked again and it was lowered to $42.50.
That seems a touch more reasonable.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 15, 2021, 10:02:49 AM
good morning everyone. waiting at the doctor's office waiting to be infused by the slowest, most unorganized nurse from hell.
You're gonna have something in common with a Drew Estate ACID. Good morning, Dean.
But if we called him AcidDean, people might get the wrong idea.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 15, 2021, 10:03:00 AM
good morning everyone. waiting at the doctor's office waiting to be infused by the slowest, most unorganized nurse from hell.
That's sure to give you confidence. Morning, ACIDDean, Page2Dave.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 15, 2021, 10:03:12 AM
good morning everyone. waiting at the doctor's office waiting to be infused by the slowest, most unorganized nurse from hell.
You're gonna have something in common with a Drew Estate ACID. Good morning, Dean.
But if we called him AcidDean, people might get the wrong idea.
Too late.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 15, 2021, 10:03:49 AM
Joe:

E.P. Carrillo New Wave 10-Packs - 39.99

E.P. Carrillo New Wave
E.P. Carrillo New Wave Reserva

*Reservas currently showing price of 79.00. D'oh!
I saw that last night and thought that's a heck of a difference to pay for a different binder tobacco.
For some reason I remember being in the minority on this one and preferring the non Reserva anyway.
Don't recall having a preference myself. Both good sticks.
I guess one would have to find that the Reserva was twice as gooder to bite.
I was hoping it was an IT error, but it still shows the different prices.
Just checked again and it was lowered to $42.50.
See, that's the good thing about page 2ers....you come in and the IT guys have fixed the initial glitches.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 15, 2021, 10:05:34 AM
Today is Thursday, July 15, the 196th day of 2021.
There are 169 days left in the year.

On July 15, 1834, the Spanish Inquisition was abolished more than 3 ½ centuries after its creation.

In 1870, Georgia became the last Confederate state to be readmitted to the Union. Manitoba entered confederation as the fifth Canadian province.

In 1910, the term “Alzheimer’s disease” was used to describe a progressive form of presenile dementia in the book “Clinical Psychiatry” by German psychiatrist Emil Kraepelin, who credited the work of his colleague, Alois Alzheimer, in identifying the condition.

In 1913, Augustus Bacon, D-Ga., became the first person elected to the U.S. Senate under the terms of the recently ratified 17th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, providing for popular election of senators.

In 1916, Boeing Co., originally known as Pacific Aero Products Co., was founded in Seattle.

In 1918, the Second Battle of the Marne, resulting in an Allied victory, began during World War I.

In 1975, three American astronauts blasted off aboard an Apollo spaceship hours after two Soviet cosmonauts were launched aboard a Soyuz spacecraft for a mission that included a linkup of the two ships in orbit.

In 1976, a 36-hour kidnap ordeal began for 26 schoolchildren and their bus driver as they were abducted near Chowchilla, Calif., by three gunmen and imprisoned in an underground cell. (The captives escaped unharmed; the kidnappers were caught.)

In 1985, a visibly gaunt Rock Hudson appeared at a news conference with frequent co-star Doris Day (it was later revealed Hudson was suffering from AIDS).

In 1997, fashion designer Gianni Versace, 50, was shot dead outside his Miami Beach home; suspected gunman Andrew Phillip Cunanan, 27, was found dead eight days later, a suicide. (Investigators believed Cunanan killed four other people before Versace in a cross-country rampage that began the previous March.)

In 2002, John Walker Lindh, an American who’d fought alongside the Taliban in Afghanistan, pleaded guilty in federal court in Alexandria, Va., to two felonies in a deal sparing him life in prison.

In 2018, President Donald Trump arrived in Finland for a summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin. Earlier, in an interview with CBS News, Trump named the European Union as a top adversary of the United States.

In 2019, avowed white supremacist James Alex Fields Jr. was sentenced to life in prison plus 419 years for killing one and injuring dozens of others when he deliberately drove his car into a crowd of anti-racism protesters during a rally in Charlottesville, Virginia.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 15, 2021, 10:06:08 AM
Ten years ago: Rupert Murdoch accepted the resignation of The Wall Street Journal’s publisher, Les Hinton, and the chief of his British operations, Rebekah Brooks, as the once-defiant media mogul struggled to control an escalating phone hacking scandal. Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony announced they were breaking up after seven years of marriage.

Five years ago: Donald Trump chose Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, an experienced politician with deep Washington connections, as his running mate.

One year ago: George Floyd’s family filed a lawsuit against the city of Minneapolis and the four police officers charged in his death, alleging the officers violated Floyd’s rights when they restrained him and that the city allowed a culture of excessive force, racism and impunity to flourish in its police force. (The city would agree to pay $27 million to settle the lawsuit in March 2021.) As coronavirus cases surged to record levels in the Los Angeles area, organizers canceled the 2021 New Year’s Day Rose Parade in Pasadena for the first time in 75 years. Walmart became the largest retailer to require customers to wear face coverings at all of its stores. Thousands of auto racing fans gathered at Bristol Motor Speedway in Tennessee for a NASCAR All-Star race, the nation’s largest sporting event since the pandemic began; it was won by Chase Elliott.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 15, 2021, 10:15:49 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Actor Patrick Wayne is 82.
R&B singer Millie Jackson is 77.
Rock singer-musician Peter Lewis (Moby Grape) is 76.
Singer Linda Ronstadt is 75.
Rock musician Artimus Pyle is 73.
Arianna Huffington, co-founder of The Huffington Post, is 71.
Actor Celia Imrie is 69.
Actor Terry O’Quinn is 69.
Rock singer-musician David Pack is 69.
Rock musician Marky Ramone is 69.
Rock musician Joe Satriani is 65.
Country singer-songwriter Mac McAnally is 64.
Model Kim Alexis is 61.
Actor Willie Aames is 61.
Actor-director Forest Whitaker is 60.
Actor Lolita Davidovich is 60.
Actor Shari Headley is 58.
Actor Brigitte Nielsen is 58.
Rock musician Jason Bonham is 55.
Actor Amanda Foreman is 55.
R&B singer Stokley (Mint Condition) is 54.
Actor-comedian Eddie Griffin is 53.
Actor Reggie Hayes is 52.
Actor-screenwriter Jim Rash is 50.
Rock musician John Dolmayan is 49.
Actor Scott Foley is 49.
Actor Brian Austin Green is 48.
Rapper Jim Jones is 45.
Actor Diane Kruger is 45.
Actor Lana Parrilla (LAH’-nuh pa-REE’-uh) is 44.
Rock musician Ray Toro (My Chemical Romance) is 44.
Actor Laura Benanti is 42.
Actor Travis Fimmel is 42.
Actor Taylor Kinney is 40.
Actor-singer Tristan “Mack” Wilds is 32.
Actor Medalion Rahimi is 29.
Actor Iain Armitage (TV: “Big Little Lies” “Young Sheldon”) is 13.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 15, 2021, 10:28:03 AM
Page 3 lull?
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 15, 2021, 10:41:09 AM
Good morning, ClemsonDave.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 15, 2021, 10:46:48 AM
Morning, muchachos. Just woke up from a really vivid and unpleasant nightmare.
You got to stop that late night snacking. Good morning, Raz.
I think it was the Ghost Burger from a place called Burche.  Dinner last night.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 15, 2021, 10:47:29 AM
good morning everyone. waiting at the doctor's office waiting to be infused by the slowest, most unorganized nurse from hell.
But is she hot?
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 15, 2021, 10:49:35 AM
Page 3 lull?
Work interruption.  Coupla my guys were up most of the night dealing with an upgrade that was problematic.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 15, 2021, 11:03:29 AM
Morning, muchachos. Just woke up from a really vivid and unpleasant nightmare.
You got to stop that late night snacking. Good morning, Raz.
I think it was the Ghost Burger from a place called Burche.  Dinner last night.
...as in Ghost pepper?
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 15, 2021, 11:05:32 AM
Morning, muchachos. Just woke up from a really vivid and unpleasant nightmare.
You got to stop that late night snacking. Good morning, Raz.
I think it was the Ghost Burger from a place called Burche.  Dinner last night.
...as in Ghost pepper?
Ghost pepper cheese and Reaper Aioli, with onions and mushrooms sauteed in Truffle Oil.  It was lovely.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 15, 2021, 11:19:08 AM
Morning, muchachos. Just woke up from a really vivid and unpleasant nightmare.
You got to stop that late night snacking. Good morning, Raz.
I think it was the Ghost Burger from a place called Burche.  Dinner last night.
...as in Ghost pepper?
Ghost pepper cheese and Reaper Aioli, with onions and mushrooms sauteed in Truffle Oil.  It was lovely.
Lovely enough to make up for dreams filled with Biden talking infrastructure? ;)
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 15, 2021, 11:28:01 AM
Morning, muchachos. Just woke up from a really vivid and unpleasant nightmare.
You got to stop that late night snacking. Good morning, Raz.
I think it was the Ghost Burger from a place called Burche.  Dinner last night.
...as in Ghost pepper?
Ghost pepper cheese and Reaper Aioli, with onions and mushrooms sauteed in Truffle Oil.  It was lovely.
Lovely enough to make up for dreams filled with Biden talking infrastructure? ;)
Please.  I'm a government employee.  Boredom doesn't even phase me.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 15, 2021, 11:29:05 AM
54 degrees this morning.  I might have to turn the fireplace on for a few minutes.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 15, 2021, 11:46:52 AM
Morning, muchachos. Just woke up from a really vivid and unpleasant nightmare.
You got to stop that late night snacking. Good morning, Raz.
I think it was the Ghost Burger from a place called Burche.  Dinner last night.
...as in Ghost pepper?
Ghost pepper cheese and Reaper Aioli, with onions and mushrooms sauteed in Truffle Oil.  It was lovely.
Lovely enough to make up for dreams filled with Biden talking infrastructure? ;)
Please.  I'm a government employee.  Boredom doesn't even phase me.
No, the nightmare part is how excited you were listening to him.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 15, 2021, 12:06:14 PM
Morning, muchachos. Just woke up from a really vivid and unpleasant nightmare.
You got to stop that late night snacking. Good morning, Raz.
I think it was the Ghost Burger from a place called Burche.  Dinner last night.
...as in Ghost pepper?
Ghost pepper cheese and Reaper Aioli, with onions and mushrooms sauteed in Truffle Oil.  It was lovely.
Lovely enough to make up for dreams filled with Biden talking infrastructure? ;)
Please.  I'm a government employee.  Boredom doesn't even phase me.
No, the nightmare part is how excited you were listening to him.
That wouldn't be a nightmare, that would just be absurdity.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on July 15, 2021, 12:23:17 PM
good morning everyone. waiting at the doctor's office waiting to be infused by the slowest, most unorganized nurse from hell.
You're gonna have something in common with a Drew Estate ACID. Good morning, Dean.
I walked out. my appointment was at 8:30 and the nurse said she couldn't get to me until 11.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on July 15, 2021, 12:24:55 PM
good morning everyone. waiting at the doctor's office waiting to be infused by the slowest, most unorganized nurse from hell.
But is she hot?
no.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 15, 2021, 12:36:28 PM
54 degrees this morning.  I might have to turn the fireplace on for a few minutes.
Feels like 100° at the moment. I'm actually sitting poolside while my sons are having their swim lesson. Gonna leave them behind with some friends and get back to my desk soon for a meeting. It was fun while it lasted.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on July 15, 2021, 12:39:23 PM
good news is my medical records from NY arrived today. all 423 pages of mostly hand written notes.

bad news: the widow needs a hip replacement. I'll bet she gets her surgery before I get mine.

August 5-9 I'll be in Jacksonville for the 64th Florida State AA Convention. great cigar lounge a few blocks away from the hotel.

http://islandgirlcigarbar.com/
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on July 15, 2021, 12:41:51 PM
54 degrees this morning.  I might have to turn the fireplace on for a few minutes.

Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 15, 2021, 12:42:19 PM
good morning everyone. waiting at the doctor's office waiting to be infused by the slowest, most unorganized nurse from hell.
But is she hot?
no.
But Dean is at the moment.
(and rightfully so!)
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 15, 2021, 12:43:31 PM
good news is my medical records from NY arrived today. all 423 pages of mostly hand written notes.

bad news: the widow needs a hip replacement. I'll bet she gets her surgery before I get mine.

August 5-9 I'll be in Jacksonville for the 64th Florida State AA Convention. great cigar lounge a few blocks away from the hotel.

http://islandgirlcigarbar.com/
423 pages is a biography!
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 15, 2021, 12:44:14 PM
good news is my medical records from NY arrived today. all 423 pages of mostly hand written notes.

bad news: the widow needs a hip replacement. I'll bet she gets her surgery before I get mine.

August 5-9 I'll be in Jacksonville for the 64th Florida State AA Convention. great cigar lounge a few blocks away from the hotel.

http://islandgirlcigarbar.com/
Good to have that to look forward to in August.  Sounds like fine motivation.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 15, 2021, 12:46:02 PM
good news is my medical records from NY arrived today. all 423 pages of mostly hand written notes.

bad news: the widow needs a hip replacement. I'll bet she gets her surgery before I get mine.

August 5-9 I'll be in Jacksonville for the 64th Florida State AA Convention. great cigar lounge a few blocks away from the hotel.

http://islandgirlcigarbar.com/
RE: The cigar lounge. Looks like a nice way to spend some time.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 15, 2021, 12:59:43 PM
54 degrees this morning.  I might have to turn the fireplace on for a few minutes.
Well, supposed to get to 76 here today, but that won't be until around 4pm.  Right now it's 56 and overcast.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 15, 2021, 01:08:10 PM
good morning everyone. waiting at the doctor's office waiting to be infused by the slowest, most unorganized nurse from hell.
You're gonna have something in common with a Drew Estate ACID. Good morning, Dean.
I walked out. my appointment was at 8:30 and the nurse said she couldn't get to me until 11.
If your appt was that early, how could they have possibly gotten that far behind?!? Sheesh!
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 15, 2021, 01:10:49 PM
54 degrees this morning.  I might have to turn the fireplace on for a few minutes.
Similar weather here, 85 feels like 96. Supposed to cool off a bit this weekend.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on July 15, 2021, 01:12:07 PM
good morning everyone. waiting at the doctor's office waiting to be infused by the slowest, most unorganized nurse from hell.
You're gonna have something in common with a Drew Estate ACID. Good morning, Dean.
I walked out. my appointment was at 8:30 and the nurse said she couldn't get to me until 11.
If your appt was that early, how could they have possibly gotten that far behind?!? Sheesh!
the nurse from hell.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 15, 2021, 01:14:14 PM
Shady porch on a rather hot day.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on July 15, 2021, 01:15:50 PM
only in Florida?
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 15, 2021, 01:36:13 PM
only in Florida?
Unfortunately, I doubt it.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 15, 2021, 01:36:41 PM
good morning everyone. waiting at the doctor's office waiting to be infused by the slowest, most unorganized nurse from hell.
You're gonna have something in common with a Drew Estate ACID. Good morning, Dean.
I walked out. my appointment was at 8:30 and the nurse said she couldn't get to me until 11.
If your appt was that early, how could they have possibly gotten that far behind?!? Sheesh!
the nurse from hell.
Certainly sounds like it. Even a totally incompetent nurse should move faster than that.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 15, 2021, 01:39:47 PM
only in Florida?
It's a trainwreck! It's a dumpster fire!

It's...Florida Man!
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: bluecollar on July 15, 2021, 01:52:04 PM
good morning everyone. waiting at the doctor's office waiting to be infused by the slowest, most unorganized nurse from hell.
You're gonna have something in common with a Drew Estate ACID. Good morning, Dean.
I walked out. my appointment was at 8:30 and the nurse said she couldn't get to me until 11.
If your appt was that early, how could they have possibly gotten that far behind?!? Sheesh!
Sounded like my colonoscopy procedure. 3 hours behind.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: bluecollar on July 15, 2021, 01:54:07 PM
Shady porch on a rather hot day.
Been a long time since I've had that SD.
Nice cigar
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 15, 2021, 02:00:09 PM
good morning everyone. waiting at the doctor's office waiting to be infused by the slowest, most unorganized nurse from hell.
You're gonna have something in common with a Drew Estate ACID. Good morning, Dean.
I walked out. my appointment was at 8:30 and the nurse said she couldn't get to me until 11.
If your appt was that early, how could they have possibly gotten that far behind?!? Sheesh!
Sounded like my colonoscopy procedure. 3 hours behind.
Hi-yo!

Afternoon, Rick.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 15, 2021, 02:06:02 PM
good morning everyone. waiting at the doctor's office waiting to be infused by the slowest, most unorganized nurse from hell.
You're gonna have something in common with a Drew Estate ACID. Good morning, Dean.
I walked out. my appointment was at 8:30 and the nurse said she couldn't get to me until 11.
If your appt was that early, how could they have possibly gotten that far behind?!? Sheesh!
Sounded like my colonoscopy procedure. 3 hours behind.
Hi-yo!

Afternoon, Rick.
Howdy, Rick.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: bluecollar on July 15, 2021, 02:08:43 PM
@A Friend of Charlie
 AJ is and has made a lot of brands with Rafael (Aging room)  for Altadas. Onyx Bold Nicaragua is another one.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: bluecollar on July 15, 2021, 02:09:24 PM
good morning everyone. waiting at the doctor's office waiting to be infused by the slowest, most unorganized nurse from hell.
You're gonna have something in common with a Drew Estate ACID. Good morning, Dean.
I walked out. my appointment was at 8:30 and the nurse said she couldn't get to me until 11.
If your appt was that early, how could they have possibly gotten that far behind?!? Sheesh!
Sounded like my colonoscopy procedure. 3 hours behind.
Hi-yo!

Afternoon, Rick.
Hi Dave and Raz!
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: bluecollar on July 15, 2021, 02:13:31 PM
A professor in one of the buildings I take care of does many studies with tobacco. He brought some up near my chiller house.
I don't know what strain. I will ask.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210715/b9fcc5ef79bda6af9df7d479807217c1.jpg)
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 15, 2021, 02:16:28 PM
Party's over.  I will be deactivated from the COVID Incident Management Team end of month.  No more overtime.

Overtime or no, the last year hasn't been particularly fun.  The extra cash atoned for a lot of pain, and it accomplished a lot, but I won't be sad to no longer be at the beck and call at all hours.   I'm taking the afternoon off today to celebrate.  Going to have lunch with my dad and a wealthy friend of ours, then go back to the friend's place for cigars and Scotch that is old enough to order itself in a bar.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 15, 2021, 02:22:31 PM
Party's over.  I will be deactivated from the COVID Incident Management Team end of month.  No more overtime.

Overtime or no, the last year hasn't been particularly fun.  The extra cash atoned for a lot of pain, and it accomplished a lot, but I won't be sad to no longer be at the beck and call at all hours.   I'm taking the afternoon off today to celebrate.  Going to have lunch with my dad and a wealthy friend of ours, then go back to the friend's place for cigars and Scotch that is old enough to order itself in a bar.
The vaccination rate is stagnant and the variations are coming fast, you might be back on the OT gravy train before you know it.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 15, 2021, 02:22:58 PM
A professor in one of the buildings I take care of does many studies with tobacco. He brought some up near my chiller house.
I don't know what strain. I will ask.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210715/b9fcc5ef79bda6af9df7d479807217c1.jpg)
Find out if he'll age some for you. ;)
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 15, 2021, 02:23:18 PM
Speaking of the party being over, hazzuh!
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 15, 2021, 02:59:27 PM
There is a fundamental hypocrisy at the heart of left-of-center progressive thought.  Progressivism claims to seek the betterment of the poor and the middle classes at the expense of the wealthy.  But in the name of "fairness" and "Democracy" it eliminates every standard of merit that it can save one: wealth.

So it is that I today I receive notice from my insurance company that my insurance rates will be increasing.  Have I had tickets?  No.  Accidents? No.  Filed claims?  No.  Then what's the problem?  My state passed a regulation preventing insurance companies from using credit ratings to assess risk.  This is a major emphasis of progressive domestic policy right now.  Credit ratings are "bad," because poor people tend to have lower credit ratings.  So, it is reasoned, if we eliminate credit ratings, poor people will not be as disadvantaged.  Right?

Wrong.  What this does is cause insurers, banks, finance companies, and all others who have utilized credit ratings to essentially presume that EVERYONE is now a higher risk.  So insurance rates go up for everyone.  Lending rates go up for everyone.  The wealthy aren't remotely inconvenienced.  In the name of "fairness" and "Democracy," Democrats have essentially taxed everyone BUT the rich. There's a word for this - "regressive" - and it's the opposite of what Democrats claim to be.

Utter hypocrisy.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 15, 2021, 04:44:54 PM
good morning everyone. waiting at the doctor's office waiting to be infused by the slowest, most unorganized nurse from hell.
You're gonna have something in common with a Drew Estate ACID. Good morning, Dean.
I walked out. my appointment was at 8:30 and the nurse said she couldn't get to me until 11.
If your appt was that early, how could they have possibly gotten that far behind?!? Sheesh!
Sounded like my colonoscopy procedure. 3 hours behind.
I could go somewhere with that, but I'll leave it for now... ;)
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 15, 2021, 04:47:27 PM
Good afternoon Rick!   :D
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: Oyam18 on July 15, 2021, 05:54:31 PM
Howzitgoin
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 15, 2021, 06:16:07 PM
[...]

Wrong. For any auto insurer, there are many factors that go in to determining your rate (for a company that compartmentalizes your factors as much as we do, it could easily be 20 or 30). If credit is one of them (as it is in most places), then that factor will simply be removed from the calculation. They won't assume everyone is higher risk, because that would be bad for their overall business, because let's face it, there are more lower- and middle-class families than there are wealthy ones.

So what happens now? The people with good credit (and I include myself in that category) will pay more because they're removing a factor that was helping their rate, and the lower-class will pay less, because a factor that was hurting their rate is being removed.

Now, I'm not saying this change is right or wrong. I will also pay more if something like this is passed here. Statistics show people with lower credit ratings are more likely to get in accidents, which is why companies were allowed to use that as an underwriting factor in the first place. But to say that everyone's rates will go up because of this is fundamentally incorrect.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 15, 2021, 06:45:45 PM
@A Friend of Charlie
 AJ is and has made a lot of brands with Rafael (Aging room)  for Altadas. Onyx Bold Nicaragua is another one.
I meant to look it up and then got busy. Thanks for the info.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: bluecollar on July 15, 2021, 07:20:02 PM
good morning everyone. waiting at the doctor's office waiting to be infused by the slowest, most unorganized nurse from hell.
You're gonna have something in common with a Drew Estate ACID. Good morning, Dean.
I walked out. my appointment was at 8:30 and the nurse said she couldn't get to me until 11.
If your appt was that early, how could they have possibly gotten that far behind?!? Sheesh!
Sounded like my colonoscopy procedure. 3 hours behind.
I could go somewhere with that, but I'll leave it for now... ;)
That's okay. I can take it
How's it going Dave? How's Figment?
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: bluecollar on July 15, 2021, 07:24:24 PM
@A Friend of Charlie
 AJ is and has made a lot of brands with Rafael (Aging room)  for Altadas. Onyx Bold Nicaragua is another one.
I meant to look it up and then got busy. Thanks for the info.
I bought a fiver. It was good. More spicy than sweet IMO
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 15, 2021, 07:29:48 PM
@A Friend of Charlie
 AJ is and has made a lot of brands with Rafael (Aging room)  for Altadas. Onyx Bold Nicaragua is another one.
I meant to look it up and then got busy. Thanks for the info.
I bought a fiver. It was good. More spicy than sweet IMO
I used to smoke the original ones years ago. Looking forward to revisiting it.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 15, 2021, 07:43:13 PM
@A Friend of Charlie
 AJ is and has made a lot of brands with Rafael (Aging room)  for Altadas. Onyx Bold Nicaragua is another one.
I meant to look it up and then got busy. Thanks for the info.
I bought a fiver. It was good. More spicy than sweet IMO
Some of the usual AJ spice?
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 15, 2021, 09:03:23 PM
good morning everyone. waiting at the doctor's office waiting to be infused by the slowest, most unorganized nurse from hell.
You're gonna have something in common with a Drew Estate ACID. Good morning, Dean.
I walked out. my appointment was at 8:30 and the nurse said she couldn't get to me until 11.
If your appt was that early, how could they have possibly gotten that far behind?!? Sheesh!
Sounded like my colonoscopy procedure. 3 hours behind.
I could go somewhere with that, but I'll leave it for now... ;)
That's okay. I can take it
How's it going Dave? How's Figment?
Figment is living the life.  His bro Cooper is coming tomorrow for a few days while his dad goes to the beach.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 15, 2021, 09:05:20 PM
HI Rick!
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 15, 2021, 09:07:00 PM
Start the night with Rosa.
Title: Re: 7/15/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 15, 2021, 09:22:47 PM
Speaking of AJ spice...

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210716/21ec862c4635e42adbdcf1acad3ceaf9.jpg)