CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on June 03, 2019, 12:00:13 AM

Title: 6/3/2019
Post by: CigarBanter on June 03, 2019, 12:00:13 AM
Monday, already?!? Are there any cigar deals out there today to be had? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... Happy Monday and welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 03, 2019, 04:57:13 AM
good morning.
Happy Monday ❤.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 03, 2019, 05:12:08 AM
good morning.
Happy Monday ❤.
Morning Dean’O
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 03, 2019, 05:13:53 AM
Morning Slackers, Cuban Coffee is hot, bold and ready.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 03, 2019, 05:14:34 AM
good morning.
Happy Monday ❤.
Morning Dean’O
good morng Dave.
enjoying a Short Story and coffee before heading off to Jacksonville.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 03, 2019, 05:15:50 AM
Good morning CubanDave & JaxDean.  Sleepless night so here I am.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 03, 2019, 05:19:11 AM
Good morning CubanDave & JaxDean.  Sleepless night so here I am.
Wow, Morning Early Bean!  A Sleepless night makes for a long day!
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 03, 2019, 05:24:39 AM
Good morning CubanDave & JaxDean.  Sleepless night so here I am.
Wow, Morning Early Bean!  A Sleepless night makes for a long day!
Indeed. Maybe I'll take a page from your playbook and sneak in a nap at some point.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 03, 2019, 05:26:37 AM
Good morning CubanDave & JaxDean.  Sleepless night so here I am.
Wow, Morning Early Bean!  A Sleepless night makes for a long day!
Indeed. Maybe I'll take a page from your playbook and sneak in a nap at some point.
You need to be practicing retirement anyway.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 03, 2019, 05:28:52 AM
Good morning CubanDave & JaxDean.  Sleepless night so here I am.
Wow, Morning Early Bean!  A Sleepless night makes for a long day!
Indeed. Maybe I'll take a page from your playbook and sneak in a nap at some point.
You need to be practicing retirement anyway.
True.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 03, 2019, 05:38:36 AM
72° and humid this morning up to 88° for the afternoon.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 03, 2019, 05:42:26 AM
Good morning CubanDave & JaxDean.  Sleepless night so here I am.
morning Mark.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 03, 2019, 05:45:56 AM
72° and humid this morning up to 88° for the afternoon.
Same here.  Currently 76 degF DB/73 degF WB, 94% RH.  Up to 92 deg this afternoon.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 03, 2019, 05:46:18 AM
Good morning CubanDave & JaxDean.  Sleepless night so here I am.
morning Mark.
Morning Dean.  Have a safe drive to JAX. How far is that from you?
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 03, 2019, 05:52:42 AM
Tis the season again!

Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 AM EDT Mon Jun 3 2019

For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:

Showers and thunderstorms have increased since yesterday in
association with a broad area of low pressure over the Bay of
Campeche. However, recent satellite wind data show the low does not
have a well-defined circulation.  This system is expected to move
slowly northwestward toward the northeastern coast of Mexico, and
may become a tropical cyclone before it moves inland in a day or
two.  Regardless of development, the disturbance will likely produce
heavy rainfall over portions of southern and eastern Mexico during
the next few days. An Air Force Reserve reconnaissance aircraft will
investigate the disturbance this afternoon, if necessary.  Interests
along the Gulf coast of Mexico should monitor the progress of this
system.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...60 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: bluecollar on June 03, 2019, 05:54:38 AM
Overnight low in the 40s. Off to check the boilers
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 03, 2019, 05:56:06 AM
Overnight low in the 40s. Off to check the boilers
Morning BoilerCheckerBlue
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 03, 2019, 06:11:45 AM
Overnight low in the 40s. Off to check the boilers
June and you're still heating the place?  Sheesh.   Morning KeepEmComfortableRick.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 03, 2019, 06:12:12 AM
Overnight low in the 40s. Off to check the boilers
Barely getting into the 60s here today. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 03, 2019, 06:12:38 AM
[...]

Hmmm, must be why we have decent rain chances on Wednesday.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 03, 2019, 06:32:39 AM
Happy Monday to you all!
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 03, 2019, 06:35:42 AM
Sheesh, we've got a full house; Dean, SCDave1, Mark, Rick, and OHDave? How late is it?
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 03, 2019, 06:39:38 AM
Happy Monday to you all!
Morning Mayor T
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 03, 2019, 06:45:48 AM
Sheesh, we've got a full house; Dean, SCDave1, Mark, Rick, and OHDave? How late is it?
It's Tuesday already.  GFY!   ;)
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: bluecollar on June 03, 2019, 06:54:57 AM
Happy Monday to you all!
Yes, good morning Guy's. Training a new guy today so will be busy.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 03, 2019, 06:59:32 AM
I bet the fisherman that was supposed to catch that package is some kind of pissed off.

Deep sea fishermen pull in big catch of cocaine, worth nearly $1M, off Charleston coast

They pulled in a package floating in the water that appeared to be wrapped in black plastic and was later found what police officers said was presumed cocaine.

The fishermen, whom we are not identifying, were approximately offshore approximately 70 miles southeast of Charleston when they spotted debris floating and a school of Mahi-mahi jumping around it.

“We trolled past it,” one of the fishermen said. “Every time time we passed it we caught a fish.”
After approximately three hours of fishing, the duo decided to see what the debris was and pulled it aboard their boat. When they looked inside the package, they immediately notified the Coast Guard, which immediately coordinated a response.

Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 03, 2019, 07:01:16 AM
Happy Monday to you all!
Yes, good morning Guy's. Training a new guy today so will be busy.
Good luck with that.  Check his basic knowledge first.  Point to a boiler and ask him to identify it.  If he says "big hot metal thing", time to move on.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 03, 2019, 07:05:57 AM
Happy Monday to you all!
Yes, good morning Guy's. Training a new guy today so will be busy.
Good luck with that.  Check his basic knowledge first.  Point to a boiler and ask him to identify it.  If he says "big hot metal thing", time to move on.
Bigger question is: Was he on time to work
2nd Biggest Question is:  Can he work the coffee pot
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 03, 2019, 07:07:58 AM
Happy Monday to you all!
Yes, good morning Guy's. Training a new guy today so will be busy.
Good luck with that.  Check his basic knowledge first.  Point to a boiler and ask him to identify it.  If he says "big hot metal thing", time to move on.
Bigger question is: Was he on time to work
2nd Biggest Question is:  Can he work the coffee pot
3rd biggest question: Does he come to work if it's raining?
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 03, 2019, 07:11:16 AM
@ Tony - I think it was Keens Steakhouse you went to for dinner recently.  Cigar Aficionado had a lengthy article about them in the March/April issue.  The article focused on their “tens of thousands of Clay Pipes”
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 03, 2019, 07:12:20 AM
Happy Monday to you all!
Yes, good morning Guy's. Training a new guy today so will be busy.
Good luck with that.  Check his basic knowledge first.  Point to a boiler and ask him to identify it.  If he says "big hot metal thing", time to move on.
Bigger question is: Was he on time to work
2nd Biggest Question is:  Can he work the coffee pot
3rd biggest question: Does he come to work if it's raining?
That question would be for IT People not Boiler Checkers
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 03, 2019, 07:21:02 AM
Morning SCDave, BoilerRick, EarlyRiserBean (TNWSS), Mr. Mayor, JaxBoundDean, FloDave.  Another friggin' Deanday, I tell ya...
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 03, 2019, 07:22:11 AM
Morning SCDave, BoilerRick, EarlyRiserBean (TNWSS), Mr. Mayor, JaxBoundDean, FloDave.  Another friggin' Deanday, I tell ya...
Morning UpStateDave, feels like any other Saturday to me.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 03, 2019, 07:26:24 AM
Today is Monday, June 3, the 154th day of 2019. There are 211 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlights in History:
On June 3, 1989, Iran’s spiritual leader, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, died. On the same day, Chinese army troops began their sweep of Beijing to crush student-led pro-democracy demonstrations.

On this date:
In 1781, Capt. Jack Jouett began riding his horse some 40 miles from Louisa County, Virginia, to Charlottesville, where Gov. Thomas Jefferson and other politicians were located, to warn of approaching British troops who intended to take them prisoner.
In 1861, Illinois Sen. Stephen A. Douglas, the Democratic presidential nominee in the 1860 election, died in Chicago of typhoid fever; he was 48.
In 1935, the French liner Normandie set a record on its maiden voyage, arriving in New York after crossing the Atlantic in just four days.
In 1948, the 200-inch reflecting Hale Telescope at the Palomar Mountain Observatory in California was dedicated.
In 1962, Air France Flight 007, a U.S.-bound Boeing 707, crashed while attempting to take off from Orly Airport near Paris; all but two of the 132 people aboard were killed.
In 1965, astronaut Edward H. White became the first American to “walk” in space during the flight of Gemini 4.
In 1968, pop artist Andy Warhol was shot and critically wounded at his New York film studio, known as “The Factory,” by Valerie Solanas, an actress and self-styled militant feminist who ended up serving three years in prison for assault.
In 1977, the United States and Cuba agreed to set up diplomatic interests sections in each other’s countries; Cuba also announced the immediate release of 10 Americans jailed on drug charges.
In 2008, Barack Obama claimed the Democratic presidential nomination, speaking in the same St. Paul, Minnesota, arena where Republicans would be holding their national convention in September 2008.
In 2016, heavyweight boxing champion Muhammad Ali died at a hospital in Scottsdale, Arizona, at age 74.
In 2017, a white van slammed into pedestrians on London Bridge, killing eight people; the three attackers were shot and killed by police.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 03, 2019, 07:27:32 AM
Ten years ago: New Hampshire became the sixth state to legalize same-sex marriage. The Organization of American States cleared the way for Cuba’s possible return to the group by lifting a 47-year ban on the country. Death claimed Koko Taylor, 80, the “Queen of the Blues,” in Chicago and Las Vegas saxophonist Sam Butera, 81.

Five years ago: President Barack Obama arrived in Warsaw, Poland, at the start of a three-country swing, pledging to boost U.S. military deployments and exercises throughout Europe. Tens of thousands of Syrians in government-controlled cities voted to give President Bashar Assad a new seven-year mandate; the opposition and its Western allies denounced the election as a farce, with U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry calling it a “great big zero.”

One year ago: President Donald Trump’s attorney, Rudy Giuliani, stressed that Trump’s legal team would fight any effort to force Trump to testify in front of a grand jury during the special counsel’s Russia probe; Giuliani also downplayed the idea that Trump could pardon himself. Graduating seniors at the Florida high school where a gunman killed 17 people in February received diplomas and heard from a surprise commencement speaker, “Tonight Show” host Jimmy Fallon, who urged them to move forward and “don’t let anything stop you;” four families received diplomas on behalf of loved ones slain in the attack. Guatemala’s Volcano of Fire, one of the most active volcanos in Central America, erupted in fiery explosions of ash and molten rock, killing more than 100 people and leaving scores of others missing.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 03, 2019, 07:30:02 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

The former president of Cuba, Raul Castro, is 88.
Actress Irma P. Hall is 84.
Author Larry McMurtry is 83.
Rock singer Ian Hunter (Mott The Hoople) is 80.
World Golf Hall of Famer Hale Irwin is 74.
Actress Penelope Wilton is 73.
Singer Eddie Holman is 73.
Actor Tristan Rogers is 73.
Musician Too Slim (Riders in the Sky) is 71.
Singer Suzi Quatro is 69.
Singer Deneice Williams is 69.
Singer Dan Hill is 65.
Actress Suzie Plakson is 61.
Actor Scott Valentine is 61.
Rock musician Kerry King (Slayer) is 55.
Actor James Purefoy is 55.
Rock singer-musician Mike Gordon is 54.
TV host Anderson Cooper is 52.
Country singer Jamie O’Neal is 51.
Writer-director Tate Taylor is 40.
Singers Gabriel and Ariel Hernandez (No Mercy) are 48.
Actor Vik Sahay is 48.
Rhythm and blues singer Lyfe Jennings is 46.
Actress Arianne Zucker is 45.
Actress Nikki M. James is 38.
Tennis player Rafael Nadal is 33.
Actor Josh Segarra is 33.
Actress-singer Lalaine is 32.
Actor Sean Berdy is 26.
Actress Anne Winters is 25.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 03, 2019, 07:30:31 AM
Thought for Today: “It is best to act with confidence, no matter how little right you have to it.” [–] Lillian Hellman, American playwright (1905-1984).
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 03, 2019, 07:31:56 AM
[...]

Now they'll have those Mahi-mahi just jumping in the boat!
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 03, 2019, 07:33:12 AM
Sheesh, we've got a full house; Dean, SCDave1, Mark, Rick, and OHDave? How late is it?
Full house?  Guess it's all relative....
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 03, 2019, 07:35:10 AM
72° and humid this morning up to 88° for the afternoon.
Same here.  Currently 76 degF DB/73 degF WB, 94% RH.  Up to 92 deg this afternoon.
66 going up to about 85 today.  These parts haven't had rain in like 25 days...things looking a bit parched.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: bluecollar on June 03, 2019, 07:36:00 AM
Happy Monday to you all!
Yes, good morning Guy's. Training a new guy today so will be busy.
Good luck with that.  Check his basic knowledge first.  Point to a boiler and ask him to identify it.  If he says "big hot metal thing", time to move on.
LMAO
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 03, 2019, 08:03:44 AM
72° and humid this morning up to 88° for the afternoon.
Same here.  Currently 76 degF DB/73 degF WB, 94% RH.  Up to 92 deg this afternoon.
66 going up to about 85 today.  These parts haven't had rain in like 25 days...things looking a bit parched.
We had the storm rains Friday but the boy lives 12 miles away and about the same distance inland and he has not had rain in a month.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 03, 2019, 08:55:29 AM
Happy Monday to you all!
Yes, good morning Guy's. Training a new guy today so will be busy.
So relief is near?
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 03, 2019, 09:03:45 AM
Happy Monday to you all!
Yes, good morning Guy's. Training a new guy today so will be busy.
So relief is near?
TWSS?
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 03, 2019, 09:31:03 AM
Happy Monday to you all!
Yes, good morning Guy's. Training a new guy today so will be busy.
So relief is near?
TWSS?
After she ate a bowl of prunes perhaps.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 03, 2019, 09:37:36 AM
Happy Monday to you all!
Yes, good morning Guy's. Training a new guy today so will be busy.
So relief is near?
TWSS?
After she ate a bowl of prunes perhaps.
Gross.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 03, 2019, 09:52:09 AM
Happy Monday to you all!
Yes, good morning Guy's. Training a new guy today so will be busy.
So relief is near?
TWSS?
After she ate a bowl of prunes perhaps.
Gross.
You started it.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 03, 2019, 09:52:30 AM
[...]

Who knew cocaine was such good bait?
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 03, 2019, 09:53:41 AM
@ Tony - I think it was Keens Steakhouse you went to for dinner recently.  Cigar Aficionado had a lengthy article about them in the March/April issue.  The article focused on their “tens of thousands of Clay Pipes”
Yep, that's the place. The walls and ceilings are lined with those pipes.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 03, 2019, 09:55:00 AM
[...]

Who's the current president of Cuba?  I thought it was still Raul. Sheesh on me.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 03, 2019, 10:00:41 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

The former president of Cuba, Raul Castro, is 88...

Who's the current president of Cuba?  I thought it was still Raul. Sheesh on me.
Had to look it up. Miguel Mario Diaz-Canal Bermudez. He's been in power for over a year and I didn't realize it. That's embarrassing.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 03, 2019, 10:15:41 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

The former president of Cuba, Raul Castro, is 88...

Who's the current president of Cuba?  I thought it was still Raul. Sheesh on me.
Had to look it up. Miguel Mario Diaz-Canal Bermudez. He's been in power for over a year and I didn't realize it. That's embarrassing.
Why is that embarrassing?  Quick, name the president of El Salvador.  And no googling!
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 03, 2019, 10:57:50 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

The former president of Cuba, Raul Castro, is 88...

Who's the current president of Cuba?  I thought it was still Raul. Sheesh on me.
Had to look it up. Miguel Mario Diaz-Canal Bermudez. He's been in power for over a year and I didn't realize it. That's embarrassing.
Why is that embarrassing?  Quick, name the president of El Salvador.  And no googling!
I'll bet it's something Mexican-sounding.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 03, 2019, 11:28:29 AM
We are officially living in the dumbest timeline:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/trump-camp-denies-president-calling-114453966.html
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 03, 2019, 11:33:42 AM

Today’s Birthdays:

The former president of Cuba, Raul Castro, is 88...

Who's the current president of Cuba?  I thought it was still Raul. Sheesh on me.
Had to look it up. Miguel Mario Diaz-Canal Bermudez. He's been in power for over a year and I didn't realize it. That's embarrassing.
Why is that embarrassing?  Quick, name the president of El Salvador.  And no googling!

No clue on the Salvadorian prez. Nor do I care. After all, I'm truly an ugly American.

I thought I was the resident expert on Cuba since I'm married to one. Hence the embarrassment.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 03, 2019, 11:41:08 AM
We are officially living in the dumbest timeline:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/trump-camp-denies-president-calling-114453966.html
I didn't know you were nasty, LTG.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: bluecollar on June 03, 2019, 11:44:39 AM
I was checking for cigar deals and nothing worth buying. I should have bought from Holt's yesterday. They had some worthy box buys but there's nothing now
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 03, 2019, 11:55:17 AM
I was checking for cigar deals and nothing worth buying. I should have bought from Holt's yesterday. They had some worthy box buys but there's nothing now
Patience is the key.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 03, 2019, 12:21:56 PM
We are officially living in the dumbest timeline:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/trump-camp-denies-president-calling-114453966.html
I didn't know you were nasty, LTG.
Liar.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 03, 2019, 01:24:46 PM
We are officially living in the dumbest timeline:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/trump-camp-denies-president-calling-114453966.html
I didn't know you were nasty, LTG.
Liar.
Sheesh. I'm already thinking about hazzuhing and a cigar. I'm looking at the Kristoff Connecticut.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 03, 2019, 01:31:35 PM
We are officially living in the dumbest timeline:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/trump-camp-denies-president-calling-114453966.html
I didn't know you were nasty, LTG.
Liar.
Sheesh. I'm already thinking about hazzuhing and a cigar. I'm looking at the Kristoff Connecticut.
This has certainly been a Monday all around. Lol
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 03, 2019, 01:47:34 PM
We are officially living in the dumbest timeline:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/trump-camp-denies-president-calling-114453966.html
I didn't know you were nasty, LTG.
Liar.
Sheesh. I'm already thinking about hazzuhing and a cigar. I'm looking at the Kristoff Connecticut.
This has certainly been a Monday all around. Lol
The construction noise outside is especially loud today. I've got a terrible headache. It could have something to do with my diet. I'm so effing hangry at the world.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 03, 2019, 01:50:53 PM
We are officially living in the dumbest timeline:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/trump-camp-denies-president-calling-114453966.html
I didn't know you were nasty, LTG.
Liar.
Sheesh. I'm already thinking about hazzuhing and a cigar. I'm looking at the Kristoff Connecticut.
This has certainly been a Monday all around. Lol
The construction noise outside is especially loud today. I've got a terrible headache. It could have something to do with my diet. I'm so effing hangry at the world.
Someone get this man a Snickers, stat!
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 03, 2019, 02:11:42 PM
Time for me to hazzuh, stat!
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: bluecollar on June 03, 2019, 02:32:27 PM
We are officially living in the dumbest timeline:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/trump-camp-denies-president-calling-114453966.html
I didn't know you were nasty, LTG.
Liar.
Sheesh. I'm already thinking about hazzuhing and a cigar. I'm looking at the Kristoff Connecticut.
This dude the other day at the b&m was raving that cigar. I may have to revisit.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: bluecollar on June 03, 2019, 02:35:07 PM
Later LTG. Tony the trick while dieting is to drink tons of water until your body gets used to eating normal. Helps, I know personally
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: bluecollar on June 03, 2019, 02:36:10 PM
I was checking for cigar deals and nothing worth buying. I should have bought from Holt's yesterday. They had some worthy box buys but there's nothing now
Patience is the key.
I'm not trying to get laid just buy cigars....
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 03, 2019, 02:49:58 PM
We are officially living in the dumbest timeline:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/trump-camp-denies-president-calling-114453966.html
I didn't know you were nasty, LTG.
Liar.
Sheesh. I'm already thinking about hazzuhing and a cigar. I'm looking at the Kristoff Connecticut.
This dude the other day at the b&m was raving that cigar. I may have to revisit.
Honestly don't know where it came from. I don't recall ever smoking one previously. But it's on deck.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 03, 2019, 02:50:53 PM
Later LTG. Tony the trick while dieting is to drink tons of water until your body gets used to eating normal. Helps, I know personally
I generally drink tons of water anyway. But I agree.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 03, 2019, 03:12:20 PM

Today’s Birthdays:

The former president of Cuba, Raul Castro, is 88...

Who's the current president of Cuba?  I thought it was still Raul. Sheesh on me.
Had to look it up. Miguel Mario Diaz-Canal Bermudez. He's been in power for over a year and I didn't realize it. That's embarrassing.
Why is that embarrassing?  Quick, name the president of El Salvador.  And no googling!

No clue on the Salvadorian prez. Nor do I care. After all, I'm truly an ugly American.

I thought I was the resident expert on Cuba since I'm married to one. Hence the embarrassment.
You're no expert on Cubans, either (TWSS).
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 03, 2019, 03:19:53 PM
Later LTG. Tony the trick while dieting is to drink tons of water until your body gets used to eating normal. Helps, I know personally
I generally drink tons of water anyway. But I agree.
I'd be in the fukin bathroom all day if I did.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 03, 2019, 03:20:50 PM
We were on page 4 by 9:30...now at 3:15 we're still on page 5???
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 03, 2019, 03:21:14 PM
Think I'll go have a cigar.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 03, 2019, 03:22:07 PM

Today’s Birthdays:

The former president of Cuba, Raul Castro, is 88...

Who's the current president of Cuba?  I thought it was still Raul. Sheesh on me.
Had to look it up. Miguel Mario Diaz-Canal Bermudez. He's been in power for over a year and I didn't realize it. That's embarrassing.
Why is that embarrassing?  Quick, name the president of El Salvador.  And no googling!

No clue on the Salvadorian prez. Nor do I care. After all, I'm truly an ugly American.

I thought I was the resident expert on Cuba since I'm married to one. Hence the embarrassment.
You're no expert on Cubans, either (TWSS).
By the same rationale, I should be an expert on women. Like I said, I'm embarrassed.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: bluecollar on June 03, 2019, 03:27:21 PM
Think I'll go have a cigar.
Post a pic, selection?
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 03, 2019, 04:09:48 PM
Think I'll go have a cigar.
In the man cave with an Undercrown toro.  Not my favorite vitola but was part of a sampler.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 03, 2019, 04:14:19 PM

Today’s Birthdays:

The former president of Cuba, Raul Castro, is 88...

Who's the current president of Cuba?  I thought it was still Raul. Sheesh on me.
Had to look it up. Miguel Mario Diaz-Canal Bermudez. He's been in power for over a year and I didn't realize it. That's embarrassing.
Why is that embarrassing?  Quick, name the president of El Salvador.  And no googling!

No clue on the Salvadorian prez. Nor do I care. After all, I'm truly an ugly American.

I thought I was the resident expert on Cuba since I'm married to one. Hence the embarrassment.
You're no expert on Cubans, either (TWSS).
By the same rationale, I should be an expert on women. Like I said, I'm embarrassed.
Expert on women?  There is no such thing.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 03, 2019, 05:33:43 PM
We are officially living in the dumbest timeline:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/trump-camp-denies-president-calling-114453966.html
I didn't know you were nasty, LTG.
Liar.
Sheesh. I'm already thinking about hazzuhing and a cigar. I'm looking at the Kristoff Connecticut.
This dude the other day at the b&m was raving that cigar. I may have to revisit.
Honestly don't know where it came from. I don't recall ever smoking one previously. But it's on deck.
The Kristoff Connecticut corona. I'm not that impressed. Mostly just leather notes which are not my thing. Only about an inch in. Let's see if it transitions.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190603/f83fb94fc9608b7ad7987b878da70168.jpg)
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 03, 2019, 06:14:27 PM
We are officially living in the dumbest timeline:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/trump-camp-denies-president-calling-114453966.html
I didn't know you were nasty, LTG.
Liar.
Sheesh. I'm already thinking about hazzuhing and a cigar. I'm looking at the Kristoff Connecticut.
This dude the other day at the b&m was raving that cigar. I may have to revisit.
Honestly don't know where it came from. I don't recall ever smoking one previously. But it's on deck.
The Kristoff Connecticut corona. I'm not that impressed. Mostly just leather notes which are not my thing. Only about an inch in. Let's see if it transitions.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190603/f83fb94fc9608b7ad7987b878da70168.jpg)
No transitions at all. Perhaps it was not stored properly but I found the burn was real funky too. This was not a smoke I would revisit.

I should point out that I have enjoyed other Kristoffs.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 03, 2019, 07:22:49 PM
what a loooong day. I just got home. need to catch up on the banter.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 03, 2019, 07:25:23 PM
Good morning CubanDave & JaxDean.  Sleepless night so here I am.
morning Mark.
Morning Dean.  Have a safe drive to JAX. How far is that from you?
2 hours 45 minutes, if there's no accidents.137 miles one way. I left at 2pm and just got home. they closed I-10 at exit 310. fukkers.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 03, 2019, 07:27:56 PM
1st 2019 MLB draft pick is a Catcher from Oregon State, don’t see catchers going 1st very often.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 03, 2019, 07:53:47 PM

Today’s Birthdays:

The former president of Cuba, Raul Castro, is 88...

Who's the current president of Cuba?  I thought it was still Raul. Sheesh on me.
Had to look it up. Miguel Mario Diaz-Canal Bermudez. He's been in power for over a year and I didn't realize it. That's embarrassing.
Why is that embarrassing?  Quick, name the president of El Salvador.  And no googling!

No clue on the Salvadorian prez. Nor do I care. After all, I'm truly an ugly American.

I thought I was the resident expert on Cuba since I'm married to one. Hence the embarrassment.
You're no expert on Cubans, either (TWSS).
By the same rationale, I should be an expert on women. Like I said, I'm embarrassed.
No one can make that claim, even women.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 03, 2019, 08:20:24 PM
Good morning CubanDave & JaxDean.  Sleepless night so here I am.
morning Mark.
Morning Dean.  Have a safe drive to JAX. How far is that from you?
2 hours 45 minutes, if there's no accidents.137 miles one way. I left at 2pm and just got home. they closed I-10 at exit 310. fukkers.
still closed:

WFLA

Florida
I-75 NB and I-10 WB closed in north Florida after crash

By: WFLA 8 On Your Side Staff
Updated: Jun 03, 2019 05:49 PM EDT
LAKE CITY, Fla (WFLA) – The northbound and southbound lanes of I-75 and the westbound lanes of I-10 are currently closed due to a crash at the I-10 bridge overpass along I- 75.

Florida Department of Transportation crews are currently on scene assessing the status of the bridge.

There is currently no timeline on when the roadways will reopen to traffic, but they will reopen when it is safe to do so.

A detour is currently in place for all lanes of travel.

I-75 northbound is open to Interstate 10, and motorists will be detoured to I-10, east to U.S. 41, north to State Road 136, and then back onto I-75.

I-75 southbound is open to U.S. 129 and detoured back to I-10, and then motorists can go east on I-10 back to I-75.

I-10 westbound motorists will exit at I-75 northbound to State Road 136 and then back to westbound Interstate 10.

At this time there is no update

bridge hit.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 03, 2019, 08:26:16 PM
what a loooong day. I just got home. need to catch up on the banter.
It shouldn't take you too long.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 03, 2019, 08:53:31 PM
what a loooong day. I just got home. need to catch up on the banter.
It shouldn't take you too long.
Yea, TWSS.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 03, 2019, 09:41:50 PM
what a loooong day. I just got home. need to catch up on the banter.
It shouldn't take you too long.
it didn't. except my phone wouldn't stop ringing, all the texts, and emails I needed to answer, kitties to feed, and dinner to fix.
Title: Re: 6/3/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 03, 2019, 10:18:29 PM
what a loooong day. I just got home. need to catch up on the banter.
It shouldn't take you too long.
it didn't. except my phone wouldn't stop ringing, all the texts, and emails I needed to answer, kitties to feed, and dinner to fix.
I hear you, brother. Just finished with the dinner dishes and put the garbage out. Calling it a night.