CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on October 06, 2020, 12:00:20 AM

Title: 10/6/2020
Post by: CigarBanter on October 06, 2020, 12:00:20 AM
Happy Tuesday! In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 06, 2020, 05:35:13 AM
Good morning guys.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 06, 2020, 05:44:34 AM
Good morning guys.
Morning, BoilerMan. Mine has already kicked on this morning, a balmy 45 here right now.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 06, 2020, 06:07:37 AM
Good morning, Rick and Dave. Chilly here too this morning but the furnace hasn't been turned on yet.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 06, 2020, 06:54:57 AM
Good morning, Rick and Dave. Chilly here too this morning but the furnace hasn't been turned on yet.
Same here. I have turned on my gas stove to knock out the chill though.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 06, 2020, 07:17:16 AM
Good morning, Rick and Dave. Chilly here too this morning but the furnace hasn't been turned on yet.
Same here. I have turned on my gas stove to knock out the chill though.
We lit the fireplace a couple of times in the evening when sitting around the tv. But that's the extent of it.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 06, 2020, 08:14:50 AM
Good morning, Rick and Dave. Chilly here too this morning but the furnace hasn't been turned on yet.
Same here. I have turned on my gas stove to knock out the chill though.
We lit the fireplace a couple of times in the evening when sitting around the tv. But that's the extent of it.
That would be very Norman Rockwell, if not for the tv.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 06, 2020, 08:15:49 AM
Where's Deano been?
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 06, 2020, 08:17:56 AM
Hey Tone I saw the mention of Steve Miller. How bout Ateupwithit?
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 06, 2020, 08:27:20 AM
Boone is going with Deivi Garcia tonight. What a game last night....
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 06, 2020, 10:09:10 AM
Tuesday indeed.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 06, 2020, 10:10:32 AM
Good morning guys.
Morning, BoilerMan. Mine has already kicked on this morning, a balmy 45 here right now.
Still have the AC on, but it doesn't run much... ;)
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 06, 2020, 10:11:06 AM
Crapola on the initial offerings perused so far.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 06, 2020, 10:11:26 AM
Good morning guys.
Morning, BoilerMan. Mine has already kicked on this morning, a balmy 45 here right now.
Still have the AC on, but it doesn't run much... ;)
Careful, you're edging into Dean territory here.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 06, 2020, 10:22:25 AM
Today is Tuesday, Oct. 6, the 280th day of 2020.
There are 86 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On Oct. 6, 1973, war erupted in the Middle East as Egypt and Syria launched a surprise attack on Israel during the Yom Kippur holiday. (Israel, initially caught off guard, managed to push back the Arab forces before a cease-fire finally took hold in the nearly three-week conflict.)

On this date:
In 1884, the Naval War College was established in Newport, Rhode Island.
In 1927, the era of talking pictures arrived with the opening of “The Jazz Singer” starring Al Jolson, a feature containing both silent and sound-synchronized sequences.
In 1928, Chiang Kai-shek became president of China.

In 1939, in a speech to the Reichstag, German Chancellor Adolf Hitler spoke of his plans to reorder the ethnic layout of Europe [–] a plan which would entail settling the “Jewish problem.”
In 1949, President Harry S. Truman signed the Mutual Defense Assistance Act, providing $1.3 billion in military aid to NATO countries.
In 1969, the New York Mets won the first-ever National League Championship Series, defeating the Atlanta Braves, 7-4, in Game 3; the Baltimore Orioles won the first-ever American League Championship Series, defeating the Minnesota Twins 11-2 in Game 3.

In 1976, President Gerald R. Ford, in his second presidential debate with Democrat Jimmy Carter, asserted that there was “no Soviet domination of eastern Europe.” (Ford later conceded such was not the case.)
In 1979, Pope John Paul II, on a week-long U.S. tour, became the first pontiff to visit the White House, where he was received by President Jimmy Carter.
In 1981, Egyptian President Anwar Sadat was shot to death by extremists while reviewing a military parade.

In 2004, the top U.S. arms inspector in Iraq, Charles Duelfer (DEHL’-fur), reported finding no evidence Saddam Hussein’s regime had produced weapons of mass destruction after 1991.
In 2014, the Supreme Court unexpectedly cleared the way for a dramatic expansion of gay marriage in the United States as it rejected appeals from five states seeking to preserve their bans, effectively making such marriages legal in 30 states.
In 2018, in the narrowest Senate confirmation of a Supreme Court justice in nearly a century and a half, Brett Kavanaugh was confirmed by a 50-48 vote; he was sworn in hours later.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 06, 2020, 10:23:20 AM
Ten years ago: A presidential commission said the Obama administration had blocked efforts by government scientists to tell the American public just how bad the Gulf oil spill could become and committed other missteps that raised questions about its competence and candor during the crisis. Roy Halladay pitched the second no-hitter in postseason history, leading the Philadelphia Phillies over the Cincinnati Reds 4-0 in Game 1 of the NL division series. Social networking app Instagram was launched by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger.

Five years ago: Gen. John F. Campbell, the top U.S. commander in Afghanistan, recommended before Congress that President Barack Obama revise his plan to cut the current U.S. force of 9,800 and keep more than 1,000 U.S. troops in the country beyond 2016. Takaaki Kajita of Japan and Arthur McDonald of Canada won the Nobel Prize in physics for key discoveries about neutrinos, a cosmic particle that whizzes through space at nearly the speed of light, passing easily through Earth and even people’s bodies. Convicted killer Juan Martin Garcia was executed by Texas for fatally shooting another man in a robbery that yielded just $8.

One year ago: The White House said U.S. forces in northeast Syria would move aside and clear the way for an expected Turkish assault, essentially abandoning Kurdish fighters who’d fought alongside American forces against Islamic State militants. (Turkey would launch the assault days later.) The FBI said California prison inmate Samuel Little, who claimed to have killed more than 90 women across the country, was considered to be the deadliest serial killer in U.S. history, and that all of his confessions appeared to be credible. Ginger Baker, the drummer who helped shatter boundaries of time, tempo and style in popular music during his work with Cream and other bands, died at the age of 80. Comedian Rip Taylor died in Beverly Hills, California, at the age of 88.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 06, 2020, 10:28:39 AM
Today’s Birthdays:
Broadcaster and writer Melvyn Bragg is 81.
Actor Britt Ekland is 78.
The former leader of Sinn Fein (shin fayn), Gerry Adams, is 72.
Singer-musician Thomas McClary is 71.
Musician Sid McGinnis is 71.
Rock singer Kevin Cronin (REO Speedwagon) is 69.
Rock singer-musician David Hidalgo (Los Lobos) is 66.
Pro Football Hall of Famer Tony Dungy is 65.
Actor Elisabeth Shue is 57. Singer Matthew Sweet is 56.
Actor Jacqueline Obradors is 54.
Country singer Tim Rushlow is 54.
Rock musician Tommy Stinson is 54.
Actor Amy Jo Johnson is 50.
Actor Emily Mortimer is 49.
Actor Lamman (la-MAHN’) Rucker is 49.
Actor Ioan Gruffudd (YOH’-ihn GRIH’-fihth) is 47.
Actor Jeremy Sisto is 46.
Actor Brett Gelman is 44.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Melinda Doolittle is 43.
Actor Wes Ramsey is 43.
Actor Karimah Westbook is 42.
Singer-musician Will Butler is 38.
Actor Stefanie Martini is 30.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 06, 2020, 10:29:32 AM
The pink power ranger is 50 today... :o
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 06, 2020, 10:32:31 AM
Nice brown box today. Anxious to try, but rest first. How about those fancy shmancy Diesels?
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 06, 2020, 10:49:43 AM
Wonder if Mr. Bean has had the Lonsdale Lirio Rojo?

https://atlanticcigar.com/warped-cabinet-seleccion-lirio-rojo-lonsdale/
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 06, 2020, 10:56:49 AM
Bent dick lull carryover?
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 06, 2020, 11:11:46 AM
Nice brown box today. Anxious to try, but rest first. How about those fancy shmancy Diesels?
Those DO look fancy.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 06, 2020, 11:15:58 AM
Nice brown box today. Anxious to try, but rest first. How about those fancy shmancy Diesels?
Nice looking haul. I think you should burn one
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: razgueado on October 06, 2020, 11:21:42 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 06, 2020, 11:33:54 AM
Good morning, ClemsonDave and Bret. Been having a brutal morning. Head is about to explode.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 06, 2020, 11:34:35 AM
Good morning, Rick and Dave. Chilly here too this morning but the furnace hasn't been turned on yet.
Same here. I have turned on my gas stove to knock out the chill though.
We lit the fireplace a couple of times in the evening when sitting around the tv. But that's the extent of it.
That would be very Norman Rockwell, if not for the tv.
Norman Rockwell didn't watch playoff baseball?
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 06, 2020, 11:35:40 AM
Hey Tone I saw the mention of Steve Miller. How bout Ateupwithit?
That sounds about right. I should be able to confirm shortly...
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 06, 2020, 11:37:03 AM
Boone is going with Deivi Garcia tonight. What a game last night....
Nice grand slam by Stanton.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 06, 2020, 11:37:55 AM
Where's Deano been?
Hopefully, golfing.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 06, 2020, 11:38:35 AM
Bent dick lull carryover?
Makes it easier to catch up. I'm almost there.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 06, 2020, 11:39:47 AM
Bent dick lull carryover?
Makes it easier to catch up. I'm almost there.
And now I am. Safely on page 3.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 06, 2020, 11:39:56 AM
Good morning, Rick and Dave. Chilly here too this morning but the furnace hasn't been turned on yet.
Same here. I have turned on my gas stove to knock out the chill though.
We lit the fireplace a couple of times in the evening when sitting around the tv. But that's the extent of it.
That would be very Norman Rockwell, if not for the tv.
Norman Rockwell didn't watch playoff baseball?
Not only that, but he hated bald eagles and apple pie. I think that's why he tried so hard with his doodles.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 06, 2020, 11:46:12 AM
Hey Tone I saw the mention of Steve Miller. How bout Ateupwithit?
That sounds about right. I should be able to confirm shortly...
Nope, that BotL was Duke.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 06, 2020, 11:47:34 AM
Hey Tone I saw the mention of Steve Miller. How bout Ateupwithit?
That sounds about right. I should be able to confirm shortly...
Nope, that BotL was Duke.
I think his wife still thinks he was somewhere else when he came to CF that year. :D
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 06, 2020, 11:55:06 AM
Hey Tone I saw the mention of Steve Miller. How bout Ateupwithit?
That sounds about right. I should be able to confirm shortly...
Nope, that BotL was Duke.
Yeah that was Duke
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 06, 2020, 11:56:34 AM
Boone is going with Deivi Garcia tonight. What a game last night....
Nice grand slam by Stanton.
Yeah against a very good pen. I'm loving everything but the 8:07 start time
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 06, 2020, 12:03:23 PM
Nice brown box today. Anxious to try, but rest first. How about those fancy shmancy Diesels?
Nice looking haul. I think you should burn one
Tempted as I am, they need to rest a bit.  Not like I don't have backups.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 06, 2020, 12:05:44 PM
Good morning, Rick and Dave. Chilly here too this morning but the furnace hasn't been turned on yet.
Same here. I have turned on my gas stove to knock out the chill though.
We lit the fireplace a couple of times in the evening when sitting around the tv. But that's the extent of it.
That would be very Norman Rockwell, if not for the tv.
Norman Rockwell didn't watch playoff baseball?
Not only that, but he hated bald eagles and apple pie. I think that's why he tried so hard with his doodles.
Well, Ben Franklin preferred turkey over bald eagles...so ....can't all be perfect.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 06, 2020, 12:06:48 PM
Bent dick lull carryover?
Makes it easier to catch up. I'm almost there.
And now I am. Safely on page 3.
Glad we got there at least...didn't think it was going to happen by lunch.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 06, 2020, 12:22:04 PM
Good morning, Rick and Dave. Chilly here too this morning but the furnace hasn't been turned on yet.
Same here. I have turned on my gas stove to knock out the chill though.
We lit the fireplace a couple of times in the evening when sitting around the tv. But that's the extent of it.
That would be very Norman Rockwell, if not for the tv.
Norman Rockwell didn't watch playoff baseball?
Not only that, but he hated bald eagles and apple pie. I think that's why he tried so hard with his doodles.
Well, Ben Franklin preferred turkey over bald eagles...so ....can't all be perfect.
I'm thinking about frying up a bald eagle for Thanksgiving this year.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 06, 2020, 12:56:41 PM
Good morning, Rick and Dave. Chilly here too this morning but the furnace hasn't been turned on yet.
Same here. I have turned on my gas stove to knock out the chill though.
We lit the fireplace a couple of times in the evening when sitting around the tv. But that's the extent of it.
That would be very Norman Rockwell, if not for the tv.
Norman Rockwell didn't watch playoff baseball?
Not only that, but he hated bald eagles and apple pie. I think that's why he tried so hard with his doodles.
Well, Ben Franklin preferred turkey over bald eagles...so ....can't all be perfect.
I'm thinking about frying up a bald eagle for Thanksgiving this year.
Is that you, Putin?
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 06, 2020, 12:57:15 PM
Good morning, Rick and Dave. Chilly here too this morning but the furnace hasn't been turned on yet.
Same here. I have turned on my gas stove to knock out the chill though.
We lit the fireplace a couple of times in the evening when sitting around the tv. But that's the extent of it.
That would be very Norman Rockwell, if not for the tv.
Norman Rockwell didn't watch playoff baseball?
Not only that, but he hated bald eagles and apple pie. I think that's why he tried so hard with his doodles.
Well, Ben Franklin preferred turkey over bald eagles...so ....can't all be perfect.
Some Thanksgiving turkey would be pretty perfect right about now.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 06, 2020, 01:04:00 PM
Good morning, Rick and Dave. Chilly here too this morning but the furnace hasn't been turned on yet.
Same here. I have turned on my gas stove to knock out the chill though.
We lit the fireplace a couple of times in the evening when sitting around the tv. But that's the extent of it.
That would be very Norman Rockwell, if not for the tv.
Norman Rockwell didn't watch playoff baseball?
Not only that, but he hated bald eagles and apple pie. I think that's why he tried so hard with his doodles.
Well, Ben Franklin preferred turkey over bald eagles...so ....can't all be perfect.
Some Thanksgiving turkey would be pretty perfect right about now.
I'm starving. Turkey sandwich, it is!
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 06, 2020, 01:41:37 PM
Good morning, Rick and Dave. Chilly here too this morning but the furnace hasn't been turned on yet.
Same here. I have turned on my gas stove to knock out the chill though.
We lit the fireplace a couple of times in the evening when sitting around the tv. But that's the extent of it.
That would be very Norman Rockwell, if not for the tv.
Norman Rockwell didn't watch playoff baseball?
Not only that, but he hated bald eagles and apple pie. I think that's why he tried so hard with his doodles.
Well, Ben Franklin preferred turkey over bald eagles...so ....can't all be perfect.
Some Thanksgiving turkey would be pretty perfect right about now.
I'm starving. Turkey sandwich, it is!
Went with ham and swiss.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: CigarBanter on October 06, 2020, 01:51:28 PM
Boone is going with Deivi Garcia tonight. What a game last night....
Nice grand slam by Stanton.
Yeah against a very good pen. I'm loving everything but the 8:07 start time
No worries, it's 8:10 tonight.  :P
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 06, 2020, 01:55:54 PM
Boone is going with Deivi Garcia tonight. What a game last night....
Nice grand slam by Stanton.
Yeah against a very good pen. I'm loving everything but the 8:07 start time
No worries, it's 8:10 tonight.  :P
Little early for the flip, isn't it?
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 06, 2020, 02:03:56 PM
Boone is going with Deivi Garcia tonight. What a game last night....
Nice grand slam by Stanton.
Yeah against a very good pen. I'm loving everything but the 8:07 start time
No worries, it's 8:10 tonight.  :P
Little early for the flip, isn't it?
Speaking of Flip, have you heard from him Tony?  I'll have to check if he has posted on FB recently.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 06, 2020, 02:04:04 PM
Boone is going with Deivi Garcia tonight. What a game last night....
Nice grand slam by Stanton.
Yeah against a very good pen. I'm loving everything but the 8:07 start time
No worries, it's 8:10 tonight.
Little early for the flip, isn't it?
Hahaha.... I had to look twice.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 06, 2020, 02:05:57 PM
Boone is going with Deivi Garcia tonight. What a game last night....
Nice grand slam by Stanton.
Yeah against a very good pen. I'm loving everything but the 8:07 start time
No worries, it's 8:10 tonight.  :P
Little early for the flip, isn't it?
Speaking of Flip, have you heard from him Tony?  I'll have to check if he has posted on FB recently.
I don't recall seeing anything from him lately.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 06, 2020, 02:06:36 PM
I'm sure we have lurker's. Is there a way for you to see who may be on from central control's 101?
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 06, 2020, 02:22:06 PM
I'm sure we have lurker's. Is there a way for you to see who may be on from central control's 101?
He's probably too busy fending off Ruskies. :D
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 06, 2020, 02:22:17 PM
Hazzuh, comrades!
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 06, 2020, 02:55:49 PM
Boone is going with Deivi Garcia tonight. What a game last night....
Nice grand slam by Stanton.
Yeah against a very good pen. I'm loving everything but the 8:07 start time
No worries, it's 8:10 tonight.
Little early for the flip, isn't it?
Speaking of Flip, have you heard from him Tony?  I'll have to check if he has posted on FB recently.
I have not heard from him but I was thinking of him yesterday. Hope he's doing well.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 06, 2020, 02:56:34 PM
I'm sure we have lurker's. Is there a way for you to see who may be on from central control's 101?
He's probably too busy fending off Ruskies. :D
Busy, yes.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 06, 2020, 02:56:48 PM
Hazzuh, comrades!
Later, Dave.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 06, 2020, 03:00:37 PM
On with the afternoon.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 06, 2020, 03:09:21 PM
On with the afternoon.
Same stick, new band?
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 06, 2020, 03:28:57 PM
On with the afternoon.
Same stick, new band?
Yea, changed all their bands a while back.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 06, 2020, 03:30:46 PM
On to #2
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 06, 2020, 04:05:41 PM
Looks like cigar porn
Lots of shadows this time of year.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201006/b18d1c8db65ba22a6e9409745eeea244.jpg)
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: razgueado on October 06, 2020, 04:15:07 PM
Holy crap! Eddie Van Halen is dead.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 06, 2020, 04:24:42 PM
We lost Eddie Van Halen today.  RIP
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 06, 2020, 04:25:06 PM
We lost Eddie Van Halen today.  RIP
Oops, a hair late...
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: razgueado on October 06, 2020, 05:28:56 PM
We lost Eddie Van Halen today.  RIP
Oops, a hair late...
Sorry, I'm a guitarist and this came flooding in from all directions on the computer after I returned from a doctor appointment.

For me, EVH's genius manifested not in his guitar solos but in his rhythm comping.  Most guitarists, when playing behind someone singing, strum the strings, play chord arpeggios, or do some sort of muted stabs.  Maybe they throw in some fills at the end of each phrase.  Then they shine in their solos.  If you're not a guitarist, then here are some examples from the top of my head: "Won't Get Fooled Again," by The Who.  "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana. "Taxman" or "The Word" by the Beatles.  "The Wind Cries Mary" by Jimi Hendrix.  "Back in Black" by AC/DC.  And I could go on and on and on.

But Eddie?  Eddie did this wild shit in the grooves behind the vocals.  And as wild as it is, it's never overdone or intrusive, always musical, always funky.  Listen to "Hot for Teacher" or "Ice Cream Man" from 1st era Van Halen, or "Finish What You Started" from the Sammy Hagar era.  Even if you don't play guitar, your ears will tell you this sounds very different from what other guitarists do.

And to me, that is what made Eddie special.  All the two-handed tapping and speed and all that made teenagers bang their heads and all, but Eddie's incredibly deep groove is what made real musicians weep with envy.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 06, 2020, 06:16:48 PM
Holy crap! Eddie Van Halen is dead.
I just read this online. Should have known cigarbanter would have the scoop first.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 06, 2020, 06:22:31 PM
[...]

I'm no musician but I hear what you're saying. I love listening for things that are happening in the background. No doubt Eddie was a genius.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on October 06, 2020, 06:26:09 PM
[...]

https://youtu.be/L9r-NxuYszg
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: razgueado on October 06, 2020, 06:33:07 PM
[...]

Both Eddie and Alex Van Halen were pianists before they started playing rock n' Roll, and both won prizes at the junior level for it. I think this was key to their virtuosity and cleverness on guitar and drums respectively. They had a clear understanding of stacking and linking motifs - little musical phrases that are repeated throughout a composition. They both thought in multiple dimensions instead of linearly. Most Rock n' Roll musicians, being self-taught, are completely linear. There are rare exceptions, but they are far rarer than people think.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on October 06, 2020, 06:33:13 PM
COVID19 test today, I think the nurse touched my brain with the swab. 😢
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: razgueado on October 06, 2020, 06:42:12 PM
[...]

Despite being an Eddie fan, I always considered "Eruption" mostly pointless. It's impressive as hell to those who don't play, and even to people first learning how to play. But once you get past the novice stage, you quickly realize that this is just a series of guitar techniques strung together, and the techniques aren't that hard to learn.  Learning to play Stevie Ray Vaughan's "Pride and Joy," or Eric Johnson's "Cliffs of Dover" is a far more daunting proposition. Or Hendrix's "Little Wing." All of these have very difficult guitar techniques in them, some of them nearly impossible for people who don't have the massive hands that Vaughan, Johnson, and Hendrix were possessed of.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: razgueado on October 06, 2020, 06:42:43 PM
COVID19 test today, I think the nurse touched my brain with the swab.
Got lobotomized, didja?
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 06, 2020, 07:17:07 PM
And now Johnny Nash has also passed away at the age of 80.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 06, 2020, 08:02:50 PM
@bluecollar: 8 minutes until game time...
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 06, 2020, 08:22:12 PM
For those of you still around, a little musical interlude by Weird Al.

https://youtu.be/un9x-DjTMT0
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 06, 2020, 08:58:58 PM
I went to grab a bite to eat and what happened to Deivi? We're still in the 2nd.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 06, 2020, 09:21:06 PM
I went to grab a bite to eat and what happened to Deivi? We're still in the 2nd.
Boone did that to tip the Ray's line up but it might work if Happ didn't suck
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 06, 2020, 09:22:50 PM
I went to grab a bite to eat and what happened to Deivi? We're still in the 2nd.
Boone did that to tip the Ray's line up but it might work if Happ didn't suck
That's bizarre. Looks like it might bite Boone in the ass.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 06, 2020, 09:25:34 PM
I went to grab a bite to eat and what happened to Deivi? We're still in the 2nd.
Boone did that to tip the Ray's line up but it might work if Happ didn't suck
That's bizarre. Looks like it might bite Boone in the ass.
Yeah because Happ sucks. I would have never played him and he's still in there. They may just give up the game and not tax their pen
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 06, 2020, 09:26:54 PM
I went to grab a bite to eat and what happened to Deivi? We're still in the 2nd.
Boone did that to tip the Ray's line up but it might work if Happ didn't suck
That's bizarre. Looks like it might bite Boone in the ass.
Yeah because Happ sucks. I would have never played him and he's still in there. They may just give up the game and not tax their pen
I'll be Happ-y when they take his ass out. What kind of throw to first was that?
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 06, 2020, 09:38:20 PM
I went to grab a bite to eat and what happened to Deivi? We're still in the 2nd.
Boone did that to tip the Ray's line up but it might work if Happ didn't suck
That's bizarre. Looks like it might bite Boone in the ass.
Yeah because Happ sucks. I would have never played him and he's still in there. They may just give up the game and not tax their pen
I'll be Happ-y when they take his ass out. What kind of throw to first was that?
What a Bomb by Stanton huh?
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 06, 2020, 09:40:43 PM
I went to grab a bite to eat and what happened to Deivi? We're still in the 2nd.
Boone did that to tip the Ray's line up but it might work if Happ didn't suck
That's bizarre. Looks like it might bite Boone in the ass.
Yeah because Happ sucks. I would have never played him and he's still in there. They may just give up the game and not tax their pen
I'll be Happ-y when they take his ass out. What kind of throw to first was that?
What a Bomb by Stanton huh?
He's been hot this post season. We've got a game now.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 06, 2020, 09:44:44 PM
I went to grab a bite to eat and what happened to Deivi? We're still in the 2nd.
Boone did that to tip the Ray's line up but it might work if Happ didn't suck
That's bizarre. Looks like it might bite Boone in the ass.
Yeah because Happ sucks. I would have never played him and he's still in there. They may just give up the game and not tax their pen
I'll be Happ-y when they take his ass out. What kind of throw to first was that?
What a Bomb by Stanton huh?
He's been hot this post season. We've got a game now.
Yeah sure do and Glassnow's pitch count is getting up there.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 06, 2020, 11:28:19 PM
Not looking too good for the Yanks now.
Title: Re: 10/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 06, 2020, 11:59:04 PM
Not looking too good for the Yanks now.
That was a strange one. C'est la vie.