CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on June 26, 2020, 12:06:40 AM

Title: 6/26/2020
Post by: CigarBanter on June 26, 2020, 12:06:40 AM
It's Friday! Any deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on June 26, 2020, 05:01:38 AM
Happy Friday guys.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 26, 2020, 05:32:09 AM
Happy Friday guys.
We made it!
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on June 26, 2020, 05:46:38 AM
Happy Friday guys.
We made it!
some of us.
morning Dave.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 26, 2020, 06:25:53 AM
Good morning, Dean and Dave.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 26, 2020, 06:40:06 AM
Happy Friday guys.
We made it!
It was touch and go for a while but we made it, indeed.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 26, 2020, 07:15:28 AM
I don't want to jinx myself but I'm done with my meetings. Which means I can actually get some work done today. This is such a rare occurrence that I'm giddy with excitement.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 26, 2020, 07:16:31 AM
I don't want to jinx myself but I'm done with my meetings. Which means I can actually get some work done today. This is such a rare occurrence that I'm giddy with excitement.
Hell, I'll have to celebrate with a cigar.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 26, 2020, 07:21:43 AM
I don't want to jinx myself but I'm done with my meetings. Which means I can actually get some work done today. This is such a rare occurrence that I'm giddy with excitement.
Hell, I'll have to celebrate with a cigar.
Now I KNOW 2020 is an alternate reality.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on June 26, 2020, 07:23:55 AM
Good morning, Dean and Dave.
good morning Tony.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on June 26, 2020, 07:31:21 AM
I don't want to jinx myself but I'm done with my meetings. Which means I can actually get some work done today. This is such a rare occurrence that I'm giddy with excitement.
Hell, I'll have to celebrate with a cigar.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 26, 2020, 07:32:45 AM
I don't want to jinx myself but I'm done with my meetings. Which means I can actually get some work done today. This is such a rare occurrence that I'm giddy with excitement.
Hell, I'll have to celebrate with a cigar.
Well it's a bit early for a drink.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on June 26, 2020, 08:07:41 AM
I don't want to jinx myself but I'm done with my meetings. Which means I can actually get some work done today. This is such a rare occurrence that I'm giddy with excitement.
Hell, I'll have to celebrate with a cigar.
Well it's a bit early for a drink.
according to who?
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 26, 2020, 08:20:49 AM
I don't want to jinx myself but I'm done with my meetings. Which means I can actually get some work done today. This is such a rare occurrence that I'm giddy with excitement.
Hell, I'll have to celebrate with a cigar.
Now I KNOW 2020 is an alternate reality.
I have chosen a La Palina Red Label for the occasion.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 26, 2020, 08:21:08 AM
I don't want to jinx myself but I'm done with my meetings. Which means I can actually get some work done today. This is such a rare occurrence that I'm giddy with excitement.
Hell, I'll have to celebrate with a cigar.
Well it's a bit early for a drink.
according to who?
Just according to me.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2020, 09:13:49 AM
I don't want to jinx myself but I'm done with my meetings. Which means I can actually get some work done today. This is such a rare occurrence that I'm giddy with excitement.
Hell, I'll have to celebrate with a cigar.
I'll believe that when I see it.  (or smell it)
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2020, 09:14:50 AM
I don't want to jinx myself but I'm done with my meetings. Which means I can actually get some work done today. This is such a rare occurrence that I'm giddy with excitement.
Hell, I'll have to celebrate with a cigar.
Well it's a bit early for a drink.
Call up somebody in Europe, it's not too early there.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 26, 2020, 09:15:31 AM
By the way, I knew I had jinxed myself. 2 new meetings popped up out of nowhere; however, I still have my eye on the prize.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2020, 09:15:51 AM
Morning Mr. Mayor, QuaranDean and LittleHandsDave.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 26, 2020, 09:16:00 AM
Good morning, ClemsonDave.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2020, 09:19:25 AM
Today is Friday, June 26, the 178th day of 2020. There are 188 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On June 26, 1948, the Berlin Airlift began in earnest after the Soviet Union cut off land and water routes to the isolated western sector of Berlin.

On this date:
In 1870, the first section of Atlantic City, New Jersey’s Boardwalk was opened to the public.
In 1911, John J. McDermott became the first American-born golf player to win the U.S. Open, played in Chicago.
In 1917, the first troops of the American Expeditionary Force deployed to France during World War I landed in St. Nazaire.

In 1936, President Franklin D. Roosevelt was nominated for a second term of office by delegates to the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia.
In 1963, President John F. Kennedy visited West Berlin, where he delivered his famous speech expressing solidarity with the city’s residents, declaring: “Ich bin ein Berliner” (I am a Berliner).

In 1968, President Lyndon B. Johnson announced his choice of Abe Fortas to succeed the retiring Earl Warren as chief justice of the United States (however, Fortas later withdrew in the face of stiff Senate opposition).
In 1974, the supermarket price scanner made its debut in Troy, Ohio, as a 10-pack of Wrigley’s Juicy Fruit chewing gum costing 67 cents and bearing a Uniform Product Code (UPC) was scanned by a Marsh Supermarket cashier.

In 1977, 42 people were killed when a fire sent toxic smoke pouring through the Maury County Jail in Columbia, Tennessee. Elvis Presley performed his last concert at Market Square Arena in Indianapolis.
In 1993, President Bill Clinton announced the U.S. had launched missiles against Iraqi targets because of “compelling evidence” Iraq had plotted to assassinate former President George H.W. Bush.
In 1996, the Supreme Court ordered the Virginia Military Institute to admit women or forgo state support.

In 1997, the first Harry Potter novel, “Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone” by J.K. Rowling (ROHL’-ing), was published in the United Kingdom (it was later released in the United States under the title “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone”).
In 2013, in deciding its first cases on the issue, the U.S. Supreme Court gave the nation’s legally married gay couples equal federal footing with all other married Americans and also cleared the way for same-sex marriages to resume in California.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2020, 09:20:14 AM
Ten years ago: At odds over how to strengthen the global economic recovery, Group of Eight leaders meeting in Canada did find common ground on foreign policy, condemning North Korea for the alleged sinking of a South Korean warship and endorsing a five-year exit timetable for Afghanistan. Ghana sent the U.S. packing from the World Cup in South Africa, eliminating the Americans in the second round.

Five years ago: President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and their wives visited Charleston, South Carolina, where nine black churchgoers had been shot to death; Obama eulogized one of the victims, the Rev. Clementa Pinckney, who was the pastor of the church and also a state senator. Richard Matt, one of two convicted murderers who’d escaped from the Clinton Correctional Facility in upstate New York, was shot and killed by authorities in a wooded area 30 miles from the prison; David Sweat remained at large (he was arrested two days later). A gunman killed 38 tourists on a beach in Sousse (soos), Tunisia, in an attack later claimed by the Islamic State group. Former Russian Prime Minister Yevgeny Primakov, 85, died in Moscow.

One year ago: Meeting for the first time on the debate stage in the 2020 presidential campaign, ten Democrats railed against an economy and an administration that they argued exist only for the rich, as they embraced income inequality as a defining theme in their fight to deny Donald Trump a second term in office. (Ten other Democrats would meet in a separate debate a day later.)
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2020, 09:22:55 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Jazz musician-film composer Dave Grusin is 86.
Josef Sommer is 86.
Singer Billy Davis Jr. is 82.
Rock singer Georgie Fame is 77.
Actor Clive Francis is 74.
Rhythm and blues singer Brenda Holloway is 74.
Actor Michael Paul Chan is 70.
Actor Robert Davi is 69.
Singer-musician Mick Jones is 65.
Actor Gedde Watanabe (GEH’-dee wah-tah-NAH’-bee) is 65.
Rock singer Chris Isaak is 64.
Rock singer Patty Smyth is 63.
Singer Terri Nunn (Berlin) is 61. U.S.
Bicycling Hall of Famer Greg LeMond is 59.
Rock singer Harriet Wheeler (The Sundays) is 57.
Country musician Eddie Perez (The Mavericks) is 52.
Rock musician Colin Greenwood (Radiohead) is 51.
Writer-director Paul Thomas Anderson is 50.
Actor Sean Hayes is 50.
Actor Matt Letscher is 50.
Actor Chris O’Donnell is 50.
Actor Nick Offerman is 50.
Actress Rebecca Budig is 47.
Retired MLB All-Star Derek Jeter is 46.
Contemporary Christian musician Jeff Frankenstein (Newsboys) is 46.
Country singer Gretchen Wilson is 46.
musician Nathan Followill (Kings of Leon) is 41.
Pop-rock singer-musician Ryan Tedder (OneRepublic) is 41.
Actor-musician Jason Schwartzman is 40.
Actress Aubrey Plaza is 36.
Actress-singer Jennette McCurdy is 28.
Actress-singer Ariana Grande is 27.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 26, 2020, 09:29:07 AM
By the way, I knew I had jinxed myself. 2 new meetings popped up out of nowhere; however, I still have my eye on the prize.
Atta boy!
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 26, 2020, 09:55:51 AM
By the way, I knew I had jinxed myself. 2 new meetings popped up out of nowhere; however, I still have my eye on the prize.
Atta boy!
10 more minutes...
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2020, 09:59:46 AM
Decent price on the Monster for Luminosa Toro's, especially with CATSRULE.   Southern Draw Rose of Sharon also available but not discounted.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2020, 10:00:21 AM
By the way, I knew I had jinxed myself. 2 new meetings popped up out of nowhere; however, I still have my eye on the prize.
Atta boy!
10 more minutes...
TNWSS
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: razgueado on June 26, 2020, 10:03:21 AM
Morning, muchachos.  We just might make the July 10 cutover date to Washington's new disease-tracking systems.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: razgueado on June 26, 2020, 10:06:53 AM
Happy Friday guys.
We made it!
It was touch and go for a while but we made it, indeed.
It took until 11:00 last night, and I was clocked in at 6:30 this morning.  But we might be making it.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on June 26, 2020, 10:09:31 AM
Morning Mr. Mayor, QuaranDean and LittleHandsDave.
good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on June 26, 2020, 10:10:24 AM
good morning Raz.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2020, 10:12:10 AM
From CigarPage,
Deal on Archetype boxes.  Not familiar with any of these three, but others in the line that I've tried have been good to very interesting.
https://www.cigarpage.com/mind-bending-deal.html

Some good 10er deals including Laranja, EPC and AJF.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 26, 2020, 10:12:53 AM
Decent price on the Monster for Luminosa Toro's, especially with CATSRULE.   Southern Draw Rose of Sharon also available but not discounted.
Interesting. I may have to bite.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2020, 10:13:41 AM
Happy Friday guys.
We made it!
It was touch and go for a while but we made it, indeed.
It took until 11:00 last night, and I was clocked in at 6:30 this morning.  But we might be making it.
Good for you.  You do need to call it at 4:00 today however.  Happy hour calling.  Morning Razputin.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2020, 10:24:30 AM
From Small Batch Cigar today:

Finally Friday!
Starting now until midnight we have one special on AJ Fernandez, Espinosa, and Pier 28!

AJ Fernandez
Espinosa
Pier 28

CODE: AEP = 18% off plus 5% reward points on categories above!
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: razgueado on June 26, 2020, 10:24:43 AM
This is my own little piece of history and my most prized possession.  She came out the Colt's factory in April of 1943, headed for war.  I bought her about ten years ago for cheap. Pulled her apart and the numbers all matched.  But her collector value is gone because some yahoo had her plated. I've been told the plating is nickel.  I've also been told it's bumper chrome, and based on the way it's peeling I tend to believe the latter.  But that isn't going to matter anymore.  Because after years of hemming and hawing and choking on what it will cost, I finally bit the bullet and shipped it to Turnbull Restorations.  She'll be gone a year, and it's likely to cost most of $3K.  But they say they can return her to the condition she was in when she left the factory.  We should all be so lucky.

I've given her a name:  Rona, in honor of the virus that led to me getting the overtime that will pay for her restoration.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: razgueado on June 26, 2020, 10:26:17 AM
good morning Raz.
Morning, Deano.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: razgueado on June 26, 2020, 10:27:18 AM
Decent price on the Monster for Luminosa Toro's, especially with CATSRULE.   Southern Draw Rose of Sharon also available but not discounted.
Interesting. I may have to bite.
Remember, you damned near got arrested last time you did that.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2020, 10:28:00 AM
From Small Batch Cigar today:

Finally Friday!
Starting now until midnight we have one special on AJ Fernandez, Espinosa, and Pier 28!

AJ Fernandez
Espinosa
Pier 28

CODE: AEP = 18% off plus 5% reward points on categories above!
Or your have this weekend offering from them:
My Father/Don Pepin Special!
This special would have been a bit more relevant last week. Starting now until Sunday at midnight we are running a My Father & Don Pepin Special!

CODE: MYFATHER = 20% off plus 5% reward points on My Father & Don Pepin category no minimum.

CODE: MYFATHER125 = 30% off plus 5% reward points on My Father & Don Pepin Category orders $125 or more.

Please log in before using code
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2020, 10:29:52 AM
[...]

Good luck with that.  Why would anyone do something like that to a fine piece?
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: razgueado on June 26, 2020, 10:29:59 AM
Happy Friday guys.
We made it!
It was touch and go for a while but we made it, indeed.
It took until 11:00 last night, and I was clocked in at 6:30 this morning.  But we might be making it.
Good for you.  You do need to call it at 4:00 today however.  Happy hour calling.  Morning Razputin.
Ain't gonna happen, but I might make it by 5pm.  Goin' chootin' after work.  Taking out the scary, black, fully semiautomatic, high capacity, extreme powered killing machines.  Morning, Dave.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 26, 2020, 10:40:58 AM
I don't want to jinx myself but I'm done with my meetings. Which means I can actually get some work done today. This is such a rare occurrence that I'm giddy with excitement.
Hell, I'll have to celebrate with a cigar.
Now I KNOW 2020 is an alternate reality.
I have chosen a La Palina Red Label for the occasion.
Great smoke production on this medium bodied La Palina. I never said 10 Earth minutes. Well, better late than never.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200626/5451e1d0806f7aef8f29416a3651f4d9.jpg)
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 26, 2020, 10:42:40 AM
I don't want to jinx myself but I'm done with my meetings. Which means I can actually get some work done today. This is such a rare occurrence that I'm giddy with excitement.
Hell, I'll have to celebrate with a cigar.
Now I KNOW 2020 is an alternate reality.
I have chosen a La Palina Red Label for the occasion.
Great smoke production on this medium bodied La Palina. I never said 10 Earth minutes. Well, better late than never.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200626/5451e1d0806f7aef8f29416a3651f4d9.jpg)
If I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't have believed it. Enjoy!
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on June 26, 2020, 10:43:53 AM
Happy Friday guys.
We made it!
It was touch and go for a while but we made it, indeed.
It took until 11:00 last night, and I was clocked in at 6:30 this morning.  But we might be making it.
Good for you.  You do need to call it at 4:00 today however.  Happy hour calling.  Morning Razputin.
Ain't gonna happen, but I might make it by 5pm.  Goin' chootin' after work.  Taking out the scary, black, fully semiautomatic, high capacity, extreme powered killing machines.  Morning, Dave.
I'm heading to the range myself tomorrow.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: razgueado on June 26, 2020, 10:43:58 AM
[...]

Probably to cover up rust, pitting, and botched attempts to remove them.  Or maybe someone saw a shiny one in the movies and thought it was cool, and Chuy down the body shop said, "I can make it chiny for you, Homes."  We'll find out when they strip off the plating.  But Doug Turnbull owns all the vintage equipment, roll dies, and punches from Colt and the government to fix it all.  Says he probably has period-correct grips for it.

She won't end up as glamorous as many of the 1911s Turnbull does, because he's famous for doing the amazing charcoal bluing and fancy walnut grips that were put on these guns up until mid-1941.  But this one was made for war, and came out of the factory Parkerized and with Bakelite grips.  So she'll be more sturdy and handsome, in a martial way, than glamorous.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: razgueado on June 26, 2020, 10:45:53 AM
Happy Friday guys.
We made it!
It was touch and go for a while but we made it, indeed.
It took until 11:00 last night, and I was clocked in at 6:30 this morning.  But we might be making it.
Good for you.  You do need to call it at 4:00 today however.  Happy hour calling.  Morning Razputin.
Ain't gonna happen, but I might make it by 5pm.  Goin' chootin' after work.  Taking out the scary, black, fully semiautomatic, high capacity, extreme powered killing machines.  Morning, Dave.
I'm heading to the range myself tomorrow.
Therapy, guaranteed.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2020, 10:49:16 AM
I don't want to jinx myself but I'm done with my meetings. Which means I can actually get some work done today. This is such a rare occurrence that I'm giddy with excitement.
Hell, I'll have to celebrate with a cigar.
Now I KNOW 2020 is an alternate reality.
I have chosen a La Palina Red Label for the occasion.
Great smoke production on this medium bodied La Palina. I never said 10 Earth minutes. Well, better late than never.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200626/5451e1d0806f7aef8f29416a3651f4d9.jpg)
Good for you Tony, I'm proud of you!
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 26, 2020, 10:50:56 AM
I don't want to jinx myself but I'm done with my meetings. Which means I can actually get some work done today. This is such a rare occurrence that I'm giddy with excitement.
Hell, I'll have to celebrate with a cigar.
Now I KNOW 2020 is an alternate reality.
I have chosen a La Palina Red Label for the occasion.
Great smoke production on this medium bodied La Palina. I never said 10 Earth minutes. Well, better late than never.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200626/5451e1d0806f7aef8f29416a3651f4d9.jpg)
Good for you Tony, I'm proud of you!
Technically, I'm on a call. But I put it on hold and stepped outside. They weren't needing my participation anyways.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2020, 10:51:57 AM
[...]

Sounds just a little bit sexy... ;)
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2020, 10:52:59 AM
I don't want to jinx myself but I'm done with my meetings. Which means I can actually get some work done today. This is such a rare occurrence that I'm giddy with excitement.
Hell, I'll have to celebrate with a cigar.
Now I KNOW 2020 is an alternate reality.
I have chosen a La Palina Red Label for the occasion.
Great smoke production on this medium bodied La Palina. I never said 10 Earth minutes. Well, better late than never.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200626/5451e1d0806f7aef8f29416a3651f4d9.jpg)
Good for you Tony, I'm proud of you!
Technically, I'm on a call. But I put it on hold and stepped outside. They weren't needing my participation anyways.
You can talk on the phone outside...you can also work on the computer outside.  what is the conflict?
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 26, 2020, 10:54:14 AM
I don't want to jinx myself but I'm done with my meetings. Which means I can actually get some work done today. This is such a rare occurrence that I'm giddy with excitement.
Hell, I'll have to celebrate with a cigar.
Now I KNOW 2020 is an alternate reality.
I have chosen a La Palina Red Label for the occasion.
Great smoke production on this medium bodied La Palina. I never said 10 Earth minutes. Well, better late than never.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200626/5451e1d0806f7aef8f29416a3651f4d9.jpg)
Good for you Tony, I'm proud of you!
Technically, I'm on a call. But I put it on hold and stepped outside. They weren't needing my participation anyways.
You can talk on the phone outside...you can also work on the computer outside.  what is the conflict?
No thank you. This is MY time.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 26, 2020, 10:55:57 AM
By the way, it appears my forgotten/lost humidor kept the cigars in decent shape. Goes to show you there isn't too much need to fuss with 'em.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200626/de9f87aa0b51e2c4452dbced0c887e09.jpg)
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 26, 2020, 11:00:06 AM
I don't want to jinx myself but I'm done with my meetings. Which means I can actually get some work done today. This is such a rare occurrence that I'm giddy with excitement.
Hell, I'll have to celebrate with a cigar.
Now I KNOW 2020 is an alternate reality.
I have chosen a La Palina Red Label for the occasion.
Great smoke production on this medium bodied La Palina. I never said 10 Earth minutes. Well, better late than never.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200626/5451e1d0806f7aef8f29416a3651f4d9.jpg)
Good for you Tony, I'm proud of you!
Technically, I'm on a call. But I put it on hold and stepped outside. They weren't needing my participation anyways.
You can talk on the phone outside...you can also work on the computer outside.  what is the conflict?
No thank you. This is MY time.
Lol, that's the spirit.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on June 26, 2020, 11:00:21 AM
[...]

and to think I'm hesitating spend $500 on a S&W.

sweet though Raz.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on June 26, 2020, 11:25:45 AM
Texas Sheriff's Exam
  A young Texan grew up wanting to be a lawman.
He grew up big, 6' 2", strong as a longhorn, and fast as a mustang. He could shoot a bottle cap tossed in the air at 40 paces.
When he finally came of age, he applied to where he had only dreamed of working: the West Texas Sheriff's Department.

After a series of tests and interviews, the Chief Deputy finally called him into his office for the young man's last interview.

The Chief Deputy said, "You're a big strong kid and you can really shoot. So far your qualifications all look good, but we have, what you might call, an "Attitude Suitability Test", that you must take before you can be accepted.  We just don't let anyone carry our badge, son."

Then, sliding a service pistol and a box of ammo across the desk, the Chief said, "Take this pistol and go out and shoot: six illegal aliens, six ambulance-chasing lawyers, six 'meth dealers, six Muslim extremists, six Democrats, and a rabbit."

"Why the rabbit?" queried the applicant.

"You pass," said the Chief Deputy. "When can you start?"

YOU GOTTA LOVE TEXAS !!!!!
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: Threebean on June 26, 2020, 11:43:47 AM
Speaking of Texas:

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott issued new orders Friday morning rolling back the state's reopening plan as Covid-19 cases surge.

As part of the executive order all bars — establishments that get more than 51% of their gross receipts from alcohol sales in Texas — will be forced to close by noon June 26.

"At this time, it is clear that the rise in cases is driven by certain types of activities, including Texas congregating in bars," Abbott said in an announcement.

Meanwhile, Abbott's order allows restaurants to remain open for dine-in service, but it limits occupancy to 50% of indoor capacity. Previously, under phase three of the state's reopening plan, restaurants could operate at up to 75% of their normal capacity.

Oh well, don't know if you don't try.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: razgueado on June 26, 2020, 11:57:38 AM
[...]

I hesitate spending $200 on ammo.  Think how many guns and cartridges I could get for $3K.  But these are my peak earning years, I've got a side hustle, and I've been earning overtime, which amounts to "found money" because I'm white collar exempt and extra hours are usually  just part of the job.  So, the car loan is paid off, the trailer loan is paid off, only debt I have is my house and I'm paying $600 extra principal on that every month.  And I've got an emergency fund that could support me and the fam for six months or more.  So, even the financial advisor says this is the ideal time to do this, and probably the last opportunity I'll get, being ten years from retirement. It's worth a few months of not buying guns or cigars.

And it's a piece of history that my grandchildren will be able to touch.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2020, 12:27:06 PM
Speaking of Texas:

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott issued new orders Friday morning rolling back the state's reopening plan as Covid-19 cases surge.

As part of the executive order all bars — establishments that get more than 51% of their gross receipts from alcohol sales in Texas — will be forced to close by noon June 26.

"At this time, it is clear that the rise in cases is driven by certain types of activities, including Texas congregating in bars," Abbott said in an announcement.

Meanwhile, Abbott's order allows restaurants to remain open for dine-in service, but it limits occupancy to 50% of indoor capacity. Previously, under phase three of the state's reopening plan, restaurants could operate at up to 75% of their normal capacity.

Oh well, don't know if you don't try.
You can't limit my rights to where I eat and drink.  It's in the Constitution!
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 26, 2020, 01:29:32 PM
Dean - you seeing any of that dust storm action yet where you are?
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 26, 2020, 01:30:15 PM
Speaking of Texas:

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott issued new orders Friday morning rolling back the state's reopening plan as Covid-19 cases surge.

As part of the executive order all bars — establishments that get more than 51% of their gross receipts from alcohol sales in Texas — will be forced to close by noon June 26.

"At this time, it is clear that the rise in cases is driven by certain types of activities, including Texas congregating in bars," Abbott said in an announcement.

Meanwhile, Abbott's order allows restaurants to remain open for dine-in service, but it limits occupancy to 50% of indoor capacity. Previously, under phase three of the state's reopening plan, restaurants could operate at up to 75% of their normal capacity.

Oh well, don't know if you don't try.
You can't limit my rights to where I eat and drink.  It's in the Constitution!
Yeah, but you know, #AllLivesMatter and whatnot.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2020, 01:33:31 PM
[...]

Sounds like some serious justification there.   :D
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2020, 01:35:21 PM
[...]

Tempted to walk in a store or bar with a lit cigar.  Gubmint can't control me!
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2020, 01:38:31 PM
[...]

Maybe because they report more traffic related incidents here, but I'm amazed at the number that seem to still be driving without seatbelts.  Seems a good 80% are reports of ejection due to not wearing seatbelts.  They got their personal freedom alright...
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2020, 01:40:12 PM
Dean - you seeing any of that dust storm action yet where you are?
We're supposed to be getting some of it Sat. and Sun.  Thinking its pretty nasty with thunderstorms along the coast and in the Caribbean....raining mud...
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on June 26, 2020, 01:41:17 PM
when you've been outside in the sun and it feels like 108°, your 88° hottub feels pretty damn good.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on June 26, 2020, 01:42:40 PM
Dean - you seeing any of that dust storm action yet where you are?
haven't noticed it yet. been too hot and hazy to tell the difference.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 26, 2020, 01:44:43 PM
[...]

At least that's a dumbass decision that only affects themselves.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 26, 2020, 01:45:30 PM
when you've been outside in the sun and it feels like 108°, your 88° hottub feels pretty damn good.
That's practically a pool at 88 degrees.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: razgueado on June 26, 2020, 02:16:58 PM
[...]

Preparation for when the missus finds out what it cost.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 26, 2020, 02:17:04 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: razgueado on June 26, 2020, 02:17:32 PM
[...]

At least not until they have a knee on your neck.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: razgueado on June 26, 2020, 02:19:06 PM
[...]

That's as much a myth as the free lunch and successful socialism.  Everything affects everybody.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: Threebean on June 26, 2020, 02:29:56 PM
[...]

Not quite.  How does you spending $3K to have that pistol restored affect me?
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: Threebean on June 26, 2020, 03:29:34 PM
First cigar this week.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200626/f1caf74a65dfe98594a277032912bbdd.jpg)
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2020, 03:54:10 PM
Dean - you seeing any of that dust storm action yet where you are?
haven't noticed it yet. been too hot and hazy to tell the difference.
Sunrises and sunsets are supposed to be more colorful.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2020, 03:55:02 PM
First cigar this week.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200626/f1caf74a65dfe98594a277032912bbdd.jpg)
First cigar today.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2020, 03:56:12 PM
First cigar this week.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200626/f1caf74a65dfe98594a277032912bbdd.jpg)
First cigar today.
Second.
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 26, 2020, 04:36:50 PM
First cigar this week.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200626/f1caf74a65dfe98594a277032912bbdd.jpg)
First cigar today.
Second.
Look at you being all patriotic with the bunting hung. Are you celebrating Bastille day?
Title: Re: 6/26/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on June 26, 2020, 05:01:12 PM
finally getting rain. and no power. big storm.