CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on January 09, 2020, 12:52:04 AM

Title: 1/9/2020
Post by: CigarBanter on January 09, 2020, 12:52:04 AM
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 09, 2020, 05:45:49 AM
Good morning, boys.
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 09, 2020, 05:57:51 AM
Good morning, boys.
Morning, Tony. A mere 16 weeks until CF!
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 09, 2020, 06:05:20 AM
Good morning, boys.
Morning, Tony. A mere 16 weeks until CF!
That'll be here before you know it.
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 09, 2020, 06:07:28 AM
Good morning, boys.
Morning, Tony. A mere 16 weeks until CF!
I thought you were going to say that it was a mere 16° outside. Which is about the RealFeel here today.
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 09, 2020, 06:20:31 AM
Good morning, boys.
Morning, Tony. A mere 16 weeks until CF!
I thought you were going to say that it was a mere 16° outside. Which is about the RealFeel here today.
Realfeel is actually 17 right now, but temps going up to 45 today with the warm front coming in.
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 09, 2020, 06:32:46 AM
Good morning, boys.
Morning, Tony. A mere 16 weeks until CF!
I thought you were going to say that it was a mere 16° outside. Which is about the RealFeel here today.
Realfeel is actually 17 right now, but temps going up to 45 today with the warm front coming in.
13° here but it's expected to warm up too.
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: bluecollar on January 09, 2020, 07:23:58 AM
Morning Tony and Dave. Cold here as well.
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: Threebean on January 09, 2020, 07:45:45 AM
Good morning, chillywillies.  Already 63 deg here and misty.  Might get a few sprinkles.
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 09, 2020, 07:49:38 AM
Good morning, chillywillies.  Already 63 deg here and misty.  Might get a few sprinkles.
But sprinkles are for winners.
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 09, 2020, 07:50:41 AM
Morning ShrinkageBoysTonyDavenRick and Mr. Bean.
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 09, 2020, 07:54:10 AM
Today is Thursday, Jan. 9, the ninth day of 2020. There are 357 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On Jan. 9, 1945, during World War II, American forces began landing on the shores of Lingayen Gulf in the Philippines as the Battle of Luzon got underway, resulting in an Allied victory over Imperial Japanese forces.

On this date:
In 1788, Connecticut became the fifth state to ratify the U.S. Constitution.
In 1861, Mississippi became the second state to secede from the Union, the same day the Star of the West, a merchant vessel bringing reinforcements and supplies to Federal troops at Fort Sumter, South Carolina, retreated because of artillery fire.
In 1913, Richard Milhous Nixon, the 37th president of the United States, was born in Yorba Linda, California.

In 1916, the World War I Battle of Gallipoli ended after eight months with an Ottoman Empire victory as Allied forces withdrew.
In 1951, the United Nations headquarters in New York officially opened.
In 1958, President Dwight D. Eisenhower, in his State of the Union address to Congress, warned of the threat of Communist imperialism.
In 1959, the Western series “Rawhide” premiered on CBS-TV.

In 1987, the White House released a January 1986 memorandum prepared for President Ronald Reagan by Lt. Col. Oliver L. North showing a link between U.S. arms sales to Iran and the release of American hostages in Lebanon.
In 1997, a Comair commuter plane crashed 18 miles short of the Detroit Metropolitan Airport, killing all 29 people on board.
In 2001, Linda Chavez withdrew her bid to be President-elect George W. Bush’s Secretary of Labor because of controversy over an immigrant in the U.S. illegally who’d once lived with her.

In 2006, confirmation hearings opened in Washington for Supreme Court nominee Samuel Alito. “The Phantom of the Opera” leapt past “Cats” to become the longest-running show in Broadway history (a record that still stands).
In 2009, the Illinois House voted 114-1 to impeach Gov. Rod Blagojevich (blah-GOY’-uh-vich), who defiantly insisted again that he had committed no crime. (The Illinois Senate unanimously voted to remove Blagojevich from office 20 days later.)
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 09, 2020, 07:55:32 AM
Ten years ago: In a video broadcast posthumously, the Jordanian doctor who’d killed seven CIA employees in a suicide attack in Afghanistan on Dec. 30, 2009, called on all jihadists to attack U.S. targets to avenge the death of Pakistani Taliban chief Baitullah Mehsud (BEH’-tuh-luh mah-SOOD’). Peyton Manning became the first player to win The Associated Press’ NFL Most Valuable Player award four times.

Five years ago: French security forces shot and killed two al-Qaida-linked brothers suspected of carrying the rampage at the satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo that had claimed 12 lives, the same day a gunman killed four people at a Paris kosher grocery store before being killed by police. Samuel Goldwyn Jr., 88, a champion of the independent film movement and son of one of the founders of Hollywood, died in Los Angeles.

One year ago: President Donald Trump walked out of his negotiating meeting with congressional leaders as efforts to end the 19-day partial government shutdown fell into deeper disarray over his demand for billions of dollars to build a border wall. Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos and his wife, MacKenzie, announced that they were divorcing, ending a 25-year marriage.
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 09, 2020, 07:58:52 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Actress K. Callan is 84.
Folk singer Joan Baez is 79.
Rockabilly singer Roy Head is 79.
Rock musician Jimmy Page (Led Zeppelin) is 76.
Actor John Doman is 75.
Singer David Johansen (aka Buster Poindexter) is 70.
Singer Crystal Gayle is 69.
Actor J.K. Simmons is 65.
Actress Imelda Staunton is 64.
Nobel Peace laureate Rigoberta Menchu is 61.
Rock musician Eric Erlandson is 57.
Actress Joely Richardson is 55.
Rock musician Carl Bell (Fuel) is 53.
Actor David Costabile is 53.
Rock singer Steve Harwell (Smash Mouth) is 53.
Rock singer-musician Dave Matthews is 53.
Actress-director Joey Lauren Adams is 52.
Comedian/actor Deon Cole is 49.
Actress Angela Bettis is 47.
Actor Omari Hardwick is 46.
Roots singer-songwriter Hayes Carll is 44.
Singer A.J. McLean (Backstreet Boys) is 42.
Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, is 38.
Pop-rock musician Drew Brown (OneRepublic) is 36.
Rock-soul singer Paolo Nutini is 33.
Actress Nina Dobrev is 31.
Actor Basil Eidenbenz is 27.
Actress Kerris Dorsey is 22.
Actor Tyree Brown is 16.
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 09, 2020, 07:59:30 AM
Thought for Today: “Love me when I least deserve it, because that’s when I really need it.” [–] Swedish proverb.
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 09, 2020, 08:14:17 AM
Thought for Today: “Love me when I least deserve it, because that’s when I really need it.” [–] Swedish proverb.
You got it, bud.
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on January 09, 2020, 08:25:42 AM
good morning guys. back from a 2 miles walk with the 93 year old neighbor. 46° here, realfeel 50°, heading into the high 70's.
Oliva O maduro and coffee.
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 09, 2020, 08:28:10 AM
Good morning, Rick, Dave, Mark, and Dean.
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 09, 2020, 09:16:13 AM
Thought for Today: “Love me when I least deserve it, because that’s when I really need it.” [–] Swedish proverb.
You got it, bud.
Awwwww.
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on January 09, 2020, 10:00:37 AM
😵😵😵😵

Florida man wakes up to burglar sucking on his toes.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/01/08/florida-man-wakes-up-to-burglar-sucking-on-his-toes/amp/
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on January 09, 2020, 10:02:15 AM
Yes, these are real. The best Florida Man headlines of 2019.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/2629205001
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: razgueado on January 09, 2020, 10:04:09 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on January 09, 2020, 10:08:21 AM
morning Raz.
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on January 09, 2020, 10:15:42 AM
NEW GUNS 2020.

https://www.guns.com/news/category/product-a-industry-news/new-guns
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 09, 2020, 10:30:17 AM

Florida man wakes up to burglar sucking on his toes.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/01/08/florida-man-wakes-up-to-burglar-sucking-on-his-toes/amp/
That's fucking weird.
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 09, 2020, 10:31:38 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola, Bret.
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 09, 2020, 10:42:03 AM
Morning Mr. Raz.
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on January 09, 2020, 10:46:26 AM
a few good deals in here.

https://www.cigarpage.com/all-in-the-family.html

https://www.cigarpage.com/fuente-fivers-get-torched.html
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on January 09, 2020, 10:51:25 AM

Florida man wakes up to burglar sucking on his toes.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/01/08/florida-man-wakes-up-to-burglar-sucking-on-his-toes/amp/
That's fucking weird.
no, that's fucking SICK!
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: razgueado on January 09, 2020, 11:03:08 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola, Bret.
Morning, Mr. Mayor.
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: razgueado on January 09, 2020, 11:03:41 AM
Morning Mr. Raz.
Good morning, TD.
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: bluecollar on January 09, 2020, 11:04:07 AM
In case anyone wants to talk cigars??

Cigar.com deal of the day is a Thompson exclusive and a very good Connecticut. The Aganorsa Connecticut reserva. I have smoked many.
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on January 09, 2020, 11:36:50 AM
In case anyone wants to talk cigars??

Cigar.com deal of the day is a Thompson exclusive and a very good Connecticut. The Aganorsa Connecticut reserva. I have smoked many.

Re: 1/9/2020
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2020, 10:46:26 AM
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 09, 2020, 12:23:13 PM
In case anyone wants to talk cigars??

Cigar.com deal of the day is a Thompson exclusive and a very good Connecticut. The Aganorsa Connecticut reserva. I have smoked many.

Re: 1/9/2020
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2020, 10:46:26 AM
Well said.
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 09, 2020, 12:23:24 PM
Here's an odd new twist:

https://halfwheel.com/chicago-mayor-proposes-allowing-marijuana-smoking-in-cigar-shops/370681/?fbclid=IwAR2vuT6IwqDIl7XnxBlgP-m700IhIGjR9HkIyz3RS0E1r2e4vgKB5tndmIg
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on January 09, 2020, 01:19:20 PM
Here's an odd new twist:

https://halfwheel.com/chicago-mayor-proposes-allowing-marijuana-smoking-in-cigar-shops/370681/?fbclid=IwAR2vuT6IwqDIl7XnxBlgP-m700IhIGjR9HkIyz3RS0E1r2e4vgKB5tndmIg
bring in your blunts.
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 09, 2020, 01:28:41 PM
Here's an odd new twist:

https://halfwheel.com/chicago-mayor-proposes-allowing-marijuana-smoking-in-cigar-shops/370681/?fbclid=IwAR2vuT6IwqDIl7XnxBlgP-m700IhIGjR9HkIyz3RS0E1r2e4vgKB5tndmIg
bring in your blunts.
Wonder if places will charge a "rolling fee" if you bring in your own.  ;D
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on January 09, 2020, 01:39:03 PM
Here's an odd new twist:

https://halfwheel.com/chicago-mayor-proposes-allowing-marijuana-smoking-in-cigar-shops/370681/?fbclid=IwAR2vuT6IwqDIl7XnxBlgP-m700IhIGjR9HkIyz3RS0E1r2e4vgKB5tndmIg
bring in your blunts.
Wonder if places will charge a "rolling fee" if you bring in your own.  ;D
I think I will stay out of Chicago.
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 09, 2020, 01:49:24 PM
Here's an odd new twist:

https://halfwheel.com/chicago-mayor-proposes-allowing-marijuana-smoking-in-cigar-shops/370681/?fbclid=IwAR2vuT6IwqDIl7XnxBlgP-m700IhIGjR9HkIyz3RS0E1r2e4vgKB5tndmIg
bring in your blunts.
Wonder if places will charge a "rolling fee" if you bring in your own.  ;D
I think I will stay out of Chicago.
You can, but I have a feeling this is going to eventually become the rule, rather than the exception.
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 09, 2020, 02:18:15 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: Threebean on January 09, 2020, 02:21:43 PM
Here's an odd new twist:

https://halfwheel.com/chicago-mayor-proposes-allowing-marijuana-smoking-in-cigar-shops/370681/?fbclid=IwAR2vuT6IwqDIl7XnxBlgP-m700IhIGjR9HkIyz3RS0E1r2e4vgKB5tndmIg
bring in your blunts.
Wonder if places will charge a "rolling fee" if you bring in your own.  ;D
I think I will stay out of Chicago.
You can, but I have a feeling this is going to eventually become the rule, rather than the exception.
The ordinance sounds so f'kd up it can only have originated with the City of Chicago gubmint.
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 09, 2020, 02:42:27 PM
In case anyone wants to talk cigars??

Cigar.com deal of the day is a Thompson exclusive and a very good Connecticut. The Aganorsa Connecticut reserva. I have smoked many.
Interesting.
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on January 09, 2020, 03:57:52 PM
In case anyone wants to talk cigars??

Cigar.com deal of the day is a Thompson exclusive and a very good Connecticut. The Aganorsa Connecticut reserva. I have smoked many.
Interesting.
the reviews sound like it's a nice smoke.

https://halfwheel.com/casa-fernandez-reserva-connecticut/102679/amp/
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 09, 2020, 04:10:14 PM
In case anyone wants to talk cigars??

Cigar.com deal of the day is a Thompson exclusive and a very good Connecticut. The Aganorsa Connecticut reserva. I have smoked many.
Fully agree with that.
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 09, 2020, 04:11:42 PM
Here's an odd new twist:

https://halfwheel.com/chicago-mayor-proposes-allowing-marijuana-smoking-in-cigar-shops/370681/?fbclid=IwAR2vuT6IwqDIl7XnxBlgP-m700IhIGjR9HkIyz3RS0E1r2e4vgKB5tndmIg
bring in your blunts.
Wonder if places will charge a "rolling fee" if you bring in your own.  ;D
Purchase them pre rolled at the store silly...
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 09, 2020, 04:13:43 PM
In case anyone wants to talk cigars??

Cigar.com deal of the day is a Thompson exclusive and a very good Connecticut. The Aganorsa Connecticut reserva. I have smoked many.
Interesting.
the reviews sound like it's a nice smoke.

https://halfwheel.com/casa-fernandez-reserva-connecticut/102679/amp/
Screw the reviews..  Rick and I just said it was very good.
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 09, 2020, 04:14:56 PM
Afternoon break with Sam Winter Lager and New World.
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 09, 2020, 04:30:07 PM
Afternoon break with Sam Winter Lager and New World.
It's still cold as heck out but I may be joining you with an after work smoke.
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on January 09, 2020, 04:59:06 PM
In case anyone wants to talk cigars??

Cigar.com deal of the day is a Thompson exclusive and a very good Connecticut. The Aganorsa Connecticut reserva. I have smoked many.
Interesting.
the reviews sound like it's a nice smoke.

https://halfwheel.com/casa-fernandez-reserva-connecticut/102679/amp/
Screw the reviews..  Rick and I just said it was very good.
yes sirs!
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: bluecollar on January 09, 2020, 05:21:45 PM
In case anyone wants to talk cigars??

Cigar.com deal of the day is a Thompson exclusive and a very good Connecticut. The Aganorsa Connecticut reserva. I have smoked many.
Interesting.
the reviews sound like it's a nice smoke.

https://halfwheel.com/casa-fernandez-reserva-connecticut/102679/amp/
Screw the reviews..  Rick and I just said it was very good.
LMAO,
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: bluecollar on January 09, 2020, 05:24:08 PM
I went with a Cameroonie before dinner.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200109/66afa6c4ee0a728629e9f9594f919caa.jpg)
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 09, 2020, 05:39:43 PM
I picked out a Micallef Grande Bold Nicaragua robusto for the way home.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200109/d736b20eb5e713c09e9687efb6ab68af.jpg)
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: Threebean on January 09, 2020, 05:43:20 PM
Finished a Laranja and now on this little gem I uncovered in the humi
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200109/6fafed792ec7ed79dbddbd2feec135dc.jpg)
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 09, 2020, 05:57:18 PM
I picked out a Micallef Grande Bold Nicaragua robusto for the way home.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200109/d736b20eb5e713c09e9687efb6ab68af.jpg)
Nice smoke. A bit of spice on the retrohale. Mostly notes of strong black coffee.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200109/d57336f25fdf0e57bf9deff5ec4f8f9c.jpg)
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 09, 2020, 06:18:44 PM
I picked out a Micallef Grande Bold Nicaragua robusto for the way home.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200109/d736b20eb5e713c09e9687efb6ab68af.jpg)
Nice smoke. A bit of spice on the retrohale. Mostly notes of strong black coffee.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200109/d57336f25fdf0e57bf9deff5ec4f8f9c.jpg)
At the halfway point, dried fruit notes became prominent. Still some good pepper flavors coming through too.
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: bluecollar on January 09, 2020, 06:40:24 PM
I picked out a Micallef Grande Bold Nicaragua robusto for the way home.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200109/d736b20eb5e713c09e9687efb6ab68af.jpg)
Nice smoke. A bit of spice on the retrohale. Mostly notes of strong black coffee.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200109/d57336f25fdf0e57bf9deff5ec4f8f9c.jpg)
At the halfway point, dried fruit notes became prominent. Still some good pepper flavors coming through too.
They have some of those Mcallef cigars at Tinderbox. I know some guys love them. I myself have never had one.
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: bluecollar on January 09, 2020, 06:44:48 PM
Had steak and mushrooms from the Ninja foodi grill. Really like this appliance.
This cigar is really singing.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200109/b6553fb822b222052e3227580785c87e.jpg)
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 09, 2020, 07:07:04 PM
I picked out a Micallef Grande Bold Nicaragua robusto for the way home.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200109/d736b20eb5e713c09e9687efb6ab68af.jpg)
Nice smoke. A bit of spice on the retrohale. Mostly notes of strong black coffee.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200109/d57336f25fdf0e57bf9deff5ec4f8f9c.jpg)
At the halfway point, dried fruit notes became prominent. Still some good pepper flavors coming through too.
They have some of those Mcallef cigars at Tinderbox. I know some guys love them. I myself have never had one.
They're worth a shot. I've sampled a few different ones. The one I had today was among my favorite Micallefs. I didn't enjoy the connie that much.
Title: Re: 1/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 09, 2020, 07:41:49 PM
Had steak and mushrooms from the Ninja foodi grill. Really like this appliance.
This cigar is really singing.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200109/b6553fb822b222052e3227580785c87e.jpg)
I hope it has good pitch.