CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on October 05, 2020, 12:00:09 AM

Title: 10/5/2020
Post by: CigarBanter on October 05, 2020, 12:00:09 AM
Happy Monday!  Any cigar deals on the various internet sites? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 05, 2020, 05:29:13 AM
Monday mornin' jammin'.
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 05, 2020, 05:40:37 AM
Morning LTG. I'm looking for ALDS.
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 05, 2020, 05:48:56 AM
Morning LTG. I'm looking for ALDS.
Should be a good series.
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 05, 2020, 06:12:55 AM
Good morning, baseball fans!
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 05, 2020, 06:39:20 AM
Let me be more specific. Good morning, Dave and Rick.
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 05, 2020, 06:51:16 AM
Good morning, baseball fans!
Morning, Mayor T.
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 05, 2020, 07:26:20 AM
Monday mornin' jammin'.
Only noted Camachos and this PDR Factory Tour Sampler. Not impressed yet.
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 05, 2020, 07:41:37 AM
Good morning, baseball fans!
I don't like the 8pm start. Good morning Mr Mayor
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 05, 2020, 07:42:43 AM
LTG, how about them Bills and Brownies?
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 05, 2020, 08:02:48 AM
LTG, how about them Bills and Brownies?
I was even stoked about the Browns victory!
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 05, 2020, 08:11:33 AM
LTG, how about them Bills and Brownies?
Right? Almost playing like 2 competent football teams!
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 05, 2020, 08:12:33 AM
LTG, how about them Bills and Brownies?
I was even stoked about the Browns victory!
I knew Dak would have a big day against our defense, but I didn't see us putting up 49 on them. I was actually more shocked that they didn't totally collapse at the end, because Browns teams of years past definitely would have.
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 05, 2020, 08:16:08 AM
LTG, how about them Bills and Brownies?
I was even stoked about the Browns victory!
I knew Dak would have a big day against our defense, but I didn't see us putting up 49 on them. I was actually more shocked that they didn't totally collapse at the end, because Browns teams of years past definitely would have.
The Browns let up quite a few points too but they got it done in the end.
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 05, 2020, 08:25:18 AM
LTG, how about them Bills and Brownies?
I was even stoked about the Browns victory!
I knew Dak would have a big day against our defense, but I didn't see us putting up 49 on them. I was actually more shocked that they didn't totally collapse at the end, because Browns teams of years past definitely would have.
The Browns let up quite a few points too but they got it done in the end.
Yeah this year has been all about the offense. Allen is looking like a franchise QB
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 05, 2020, 09:25:39 AM
LTG, how about them Bills and Brownies?
I was even stoked about the Browns victory!
I knew Dak would have a big day against our defense, but I didn't see us putting up 49 on them. I was actually more shocked that they didn't totally collapse at the end, because Browns teams of years past definitely would have.
The Browns let up quite a few points too but they got it done in the end.
Bend but don't break, baby!
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 05, 2020, 09:26:58 AM
LTG, how about them Bills and Brownies?
I was even stoked about the Browns victory!
I knew Dak would have a big day against our defense, but I didn't see us putting up 49 on them. I was actually more shocked that they didn't totally collapse at the end, because Browns teams of years past definitely would have.
The Browns let up quite a few points too but they got it done in the end.
Yeah this year has been all about the offense. Allen is looking like a franchise QB
Read an article yesterday about how offensive holding calls are way down this year, and defensive pass interference is way up. The only explanation is that the NFL is making an effort to try to make the games higher scoring and more exciting. Seems to be working.
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 05, 2020, 09:40:18 AM
LTG, how about them Bills and Brownies?
I was even stoked about the Browns victory!
I knew Dak would have a big day against our defense, but I didn't see us putting up 49 on them. I was actually more shocked that they didn't totally collapse at the end, because Browns teams of years past definitely would have.
The Browns let up quite a few points too but they got it done in the end.
Yeah this year has been all about the offense. Allen is looking like a franchise QB
Read an article yesterday about how offensive holding calls are way down this year, and defensive pass interference is way up. The only explanation is that the NFL is making an effort to try to make the games higher scoring and more exciting. Seems to be working.
That's interesting. If it was an online article and you happen to still have the link, please share.
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 05, 2020, 09:40:57 AM
@TravelinMan - have you tried the Juarez OBS by CH? They have 5-packs at the monster today and it caught my eye.
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 05, 2020, 09:51:28 AM
Just got our benefit info for next year. Not only are our rates remaining the same, but we now get MLK Jr day as a holiday, along with 2 extra days to take off for things that are important to us. I think I might take off National Cigar Day. :D
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2020, 10:12:34 AM
Monday mornin' jammin'.
Only noted Camachos and this PDR Factory Tour Sampler. Not impressed yet.
Now we're on to Buesos!
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 05, 2020, 10:14:01 AM
Monday mornin' jammin'.
Only noted Camachos and this PDR Factory Tour Sampler. Not impressed yet.
Now we're on to Buesos!
NOW, I'm impressed!

Good morning, Dave.
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2020, 10:14:06 AM
Morning LTG. I'm looking for ALDS.
That discount grocery store?   ???
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2020, 10:14:55 AM
LTG, how about them Bills and Brownies?
Right? Almost playing like 2 competent football teams!
Almost...lets not get carried away....
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 05, 2020, 10:15:08 AM
Morning LTG. I'm looking for ALDS.
That discount grocery store?   ???
I prefer Save-a-Lot, cause then I don't have to carry a quarter with me.
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2020, 10:16:05 AM
LTG, how about them Bills and Brownies?
I was even stoked about the Browns victory!
I knew Dak would have a big day against our defense, but I didn't see us putting up 49 on them. I was actually more shocked that they didn't totally collapse at the end, because Browns teams of years past definitely would have.
The Browns let up quite a few points too but they got it done in the end.
Bend but don't break, baby!
TWSS?
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 05, 2020, 10:16:11 AM
LTG, how about them Bills and Brownies?
Right? Almost playing like 2 competent football teams!
Almost...lets not get carried away....
I used the words almost and competent. This is as carried away as a Browns fan gets these days.
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2020, 10:17:48 AM
LTG, how about them Bills and Brownies?
I was even stoked about the Browns victory!
I knew Dak would have a big day against our defense, but I didn't see us putting up 49 on them. I was actually more shocked that they didn't totally collapse at the end, because Browns teams of years past definitely would have.
The Browns let up quite a few points too but they got it done in the end.
Wonder if the Giants are in the Tankin' for Trevor contest?
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2020, 10:19:38 AM
Now that's a Jam combo I've never seen before...Camacho sampler and a portable charger.... :-\
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2020, 10:22:07 AM
Today is Monday, Oct. 5, the 279th day of 2020.
There are 87 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On Oct. 5, 2005, defying the White House, senators voted 90-9 to approve an amendment sponsored by Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., that would prohibit the use of “cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment” against anyone in U.S. government custody. (A reluctant President George W. Bush later signed off on the amendment.)

On this date:
In 1892, the Dalton Gang, notorious for its train robberies, was practically wiped out while attempting to rob a pair of banks in Coffeyville, Kansas.
In 1947, President Harry S. Truman delivered the first televised White House address as he spoke on the world food crisis.
In 1953, Earl Warren was sworn in as the 14th chief justice of the United States, succeeding Fred M. Vinson
.
In 1955, a stage adaptation of “The Diary of Anne Frank” by Frances Goodrich and Albert Hackett opened at the Cort Theatre in New York.
In 1958, racially-desegregated Clinton High School in Clinton, Tennessee, was mostly leveled by an early morning bombing.
In 1983, Solidarity founder Lech Walesa (lek vah-WEN’-sah) was named winner of the Nobel Peace Prize.

In 1988, Democrat Lloyd Bentsen lambasted Republican Dan Quayle during their vice-presidential debate, telling Quayle, “Senator, you’re no Jack Kennedy.”
In 1989, a jury in Charlotte, North Carolina, convicted former P-T-L evangelist Jim Bakker (BAY’-kur) of using his television show to defraud followers.
In 2001, tabloid photo editor Robert Stevens died from inhaled anthrax, the first of a series of anthrax cases in Florida, New York, New Jersey and Washington.

In 2011, Apple founder Steve Jobs, 56, died in Palo Alto, California.
In 2017, Hollywood executive Harvey Weinstein announced that he was taking a leave of absence from his company after a New York Times article detailed decades of alleged sexual harassment against women including actor Ashley Judd.
In 2018, a jury in Chicago convicted white police officer Jason Van Dyke of second-degree murder in the 2014 shooting of Black teenager Laquan McDonald.
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2020, 10:23:24 AM
Ten years ago: Faisal Shahzad (FY’-sul shah-ZAHD’), the Pakistani immigrant who’d tried to detonate a car bomb in Times Square, accepted a life sentence from a federal judge in New York with a smirk and warned that Americans could expect more bloodshed at the hands of Muslims. President Barack Obama convened the first-ever White House summit on community colleges, calling them the “unsung heroes of America’s education system.”

Five years ago: The United States, Japan and 10 other nations in Asia and the Americas reached agreement on the landmark Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal. The Coast Guard concluded that El Faro, a container ship that went missing during Hurricane Joaquin off the Bahamas, had sunk. Irish-born William Campbell, Satoshi Omura and of Japan and Tu Youyou of China won the Nobel Prize in medicine for discoveries that helped doctors fight malaria and infections caused by roundworm parasites.

One year ago: A Taliban official said a delegation from the group had met with a U.S. envoy in the Pakistani capital; it was the first such encounter since President Donald Trump announced a month earlier that a peace deal to end Afghanistan’s 18-year war was dead. Iraqi protesters pressed on with anti-government rallies in the capital and across several provinces for a fifth day, setting government offices on fire; security agencies fatally shot 19 protesters and wounded more than three dozen.
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2020, 10:26:07 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Actor Glynis Johns is 97.
College Football Hall of Fame coach Barry Switzer is 83.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Arlene Smith (The Chantels) is 79.
Singer-musician Steve Miller is 77.
Sen. Benjamin L. Cardin, D-Md., is 77.
Rock singer Brian Johnson (AC/DC) is 73.
Blues musician Rick Estrin is 71.
Actor Karen Allen is 69.
Writer-producer-director Clive Barker is 68.
Rock musician David Bryson (Counting Crows) is 66.
Astrophysicist-author Neil deGrasse Tyson is 62.
Memorial designer Maya Lin is 61.
Actor Daniel Baldwin is 60.
Rock singer-musician Dave Dederer is 56.
Hockey Hall of Famer Mario Lemieux is 55.
Actor Guy Pearce is 53.
Actor Josie Bissett is 50.
Singer-actor Heather Headley is 46.
Pop-rock singer Colin Meloy (The Decemberists) is 46.
Rock musician Brian Mashburn (Save Ferris) is 45.
Actor Parminder Nagra (pahr-MIHN’-da NAH’-grah) is 45.
Actor Scott Weinger is 45.
Actor Kate Winslet is 45.
Rock musician James Valentine (Maroon 5) is 42.
Rock musician Paul Thomas (Good Charlotte) is 40.
Actor Jesse Eisenberg is 37.
TV personality Nicky Hilton is 37.
Actor Azure Parsons is 36.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Brooke Valentine is 35.
Actor Kevin Bigley is 34.
Actor Joshua Logan Moore is 26.
Actor Jacob Tremblay is 14.
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2020, 10:28:18 AM
Had to look up Azure Parsons....
...just sounded too much like a stripper name....
guess I was wrong....
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 05, 2020, 10:42:01 AM
LTG, how about them Bills and Brownies?
Right? Almost playing like 2 competent football teams!
Almost...lets not get carried away....
4 and 0 Baby
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: razgueado on October 05, 2020, 10:43:58 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 05, 2020, 10:44:16 AM
@TravelinMan - have you tried the Juarez OBS by CH? They have 5-packs at the monster today and it caught my eye.
I'm still working through a box of them from their initial release. Decent smoke but for San Andreas Maduros I would rather reach for a La Historias, San Lotano Maduro etc.
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 05, 2020, 10:45:34 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Good morning Raz
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2020, 10:47:41 AM
@TravelinMan - have you tried the Juarez OBS by CH? They have 5-packs at the monster today and it caught my eye.
I've had the Willie Lee vitola.  Nice smoke.  Different blender and tabacalara I believe.  Don't know if EPC is to busy making everybody elses cigars or the just wanted to diversify.  With that, a different flavor profile.  Also seems to be a more economical line from the rest of their offerings.  Can't say anything stood out about it.
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2020, 10:48:48 AM
LTG, how about them Bills and Brownies?
Right? Almost playing like 2 competent football teams!
Almost...lets not get carried away....
4 and 0 Baby
I was primarily referring to the Brownies.  Bills looking good and gaining confidence.
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2020, 10:49:13 AM
Morning Razzer.
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: razgueado on October 05, 2020, 10:49:38 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Good morning Raz
Morning, Rick.
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: razgueado on October 05, 2020, 10:50:14 AM
Morning Razzer.
Howdy, TD.
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 05, 2020, 10:52:45 AM
@TravelinMan - have you tried the Juarez OBS by CH? They have 5-packs at the monster today and it caught my eye.
I'm still working through a box of them from their initial release. Decent smoke but for San Andreas Maduros I would rather reach for a La Historias, San Lotano Maduro etc.
Good to know, thanks.
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 05, 2020, 10:53:03 AM
Had to look up Azure Parsons....
...just sounded too much like a stripper name....
guess I was wrong....
I mean, you can't see the rest of her, so you never know.
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 05, 2020, 11:21:21 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Singer-musician Steve Miller is 77.

Cigarbanter.com used to have its very own Steve Miller (can't remember his moniker to save my life) but like many BotL, he has disappeared.
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 05, 2020, 12:50:53 PM
LTG, how about them Bills and Brownies?
I was even stoked about the Browns victory!
I knew Dak would have a big day against our defense, but I didn't see us putting up 49 on them. I was actually more shocked that they didn't totally collapse at the end, because Browns teams of years past definitely would have.
The Browns let up quite a few points too but they got it done in the end.
Bend but don't break, baby!
TWSS?
Pretty sure TWHS too. Ouch!
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 05, 2020, 02:15:19 PM
Broken dick lull? I'm pretty sure we've never had this one before.
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 05, 2020, 02:19:30 PM
Broken dick lull? I'm pretty sure we've never had this one before.
And hopefully we never do again. Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 05, 2020, 04:27:07 PM
OK, then...
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2020, 08:00:48 PM
Forgot my afternoon smoke post...
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2020, 08:07:51 PM
Now on to the evening...
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2020, 08:08:51 PM
Guess Mr Bean is still on his Dakota honeymoon...🤔
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 05, 2020, 08:55:30 PM
Forgot my afternoon smoke post...
Charlie really enjoyed the one I gave him. By the way, happy birthday to Charlie today!
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 05, 2020, 08:56:17 PM
Guess Mr Bean is still on his Dakota honeymoon...🤔
Maybe he can't post because Tapatalk doesn't seem to be working this evening.
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 05, 2020, 10:09:10 PM
I had to completely logout of Tapatalk, remember my credentials, and log back in. Looks like I'm back in business.
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 05, 2020, 10:33:50 PM
Guess Mr Bean is still on his Dakota honeymoon...🤔
Maybe he can't post because Tapatalk doesn't seem to be working this evening.
Or he's just having too good a time.
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 05, 2020, 10:36:58 PM
Guess Mr Bean is still on his Dakota honeymoon...
Maybe he can't post because Tapatalk doesn't seem to be working this evening.
Or he's just having too good a time.
Probably, I can't blame him.
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 05, 2020, 11:22:00 PM
Rick is gonna be quite happy in the morning.
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 05, 2020, 11:46:29 PM
La Perla Habana 10-Cigar Black Pearl Sampler - 10 / $34.99
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 05, 2020, 11:47:15 PM
Thought I'd take a last look at the jam but still not impressed with the offerings.
Title: Re: 10/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 05, 2020, 11:48:41 PM
Yankees win Game 1 of the ALDS, and we reached page 5. I'd call that a successful day. Another big day tomorrow so I'm calling it a night.