CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on August 08, 2019, 12:00:08 AM

Title: 8/8/2019
Post by: CigarBanter on August 08, 2019, 12:00:08 AM
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 08, 2019, 05:10:43 AM
Morning Slackers
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: bluecollar on August 08, 2019, 05:16:23 AM
Morning Slackers
If Im up this early I probably not slacking. Good morning Dave
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 08, 2019, 05:24:46 AM
Morning Slackers
If Im up this early I probably not slacking. Good morning Dave
You definitely get a Slacker Pass!

Morning Blue
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: bluecollar on August 08, 2019, 05:36:50 AM
Morning Slackers
If Im up this early I probably not slacking. Good morning Dave
You definitely get a Slacker Pass!

Morning Blue
Hey good morning... Looks like rain 11-4 ish than back to dry for a while. I have not cut my lawn in almost 2 weeks. Not complaining
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 08, 2019, 05:38:49 AM
Morning Slackers
If Im up this early I probably not slacking. Good morning Dave
You definitely get a Slacker Pass!

Morning Blue
Hey good morning... Looks like rain 11-4 ish than back to dry for a while. I have not cut my lawn in almost 2 weeks. Not complaining
Hot and Humid with a chance of thunderstorms here.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 08, 2019, 06:12:34 AM
Think I'm gonna need some toothpicks for my eyelids to get through this day.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 08, 2019, 06:53:40 AM
Morning SCDave, BackToChillinRick and PartyinWithTeenagersDave.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 08, 2019, 06:58:46 AM
Today is Thursday, Aug. 8, the 220th day of 2019. There are 145 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:
On August 8, 1974, President Richard Nixon, facing damaging new revelations in the Watergate scandal, announced he would resign the following day.

On this date:
In 1815, Napoleon Bonaparte set sail for St. Helena to spend the remainder of his days in exile.
In 1876, Thomas A. Edison received a patent for his mimeograph.
In 1942, during World War II, six Nazi saboteurs who were captured after landing in the U.S. were executed in Washington, D.C.; two others who cooperated with authorities were spared.
In 1945, President Harry S. Truman signed the U.S. instrument of ratification for the United Nations Charter. The Soviet Union declared war against Japan during World War II.
In 1968, the Republican national convention in Miami Beach nominated Richard Nixon for president on the first ballot.
In 1973, Vice President Spiro T. Agnew branded as "damned lies" reports he had taken kickbacks from government contracts in Maryland, and vowed not to resign — which he ended up doing.
In 1993, in Somalia, four U.S. soldiers were killed when a land mine was detonated underneath their vehicle, prompting President Bill Clinton to order Army Rangers to try to capture Somali warlord Mohamed Farrah Aidid.
In 2000, the wreckage of the Confederate submarine H.L. Hunley, which sank in 1864 after attacking the Union ship Housatonic, was recovered off the South Carolina coast and returned to port.
In 2002, Saddam Hussein organized a big military parade and then warned "the forces of evil" not to attack Iraq as he sought once more to shift the debate away from world demands that he live up to agreements that ended the Gulf War.
In 2003, the Boston Roman Catholic archdiocese offered $55 million to settle more than 500 lawsuits stemming from alleged sex abuse by priests. (The archdiocese later settled for $85 million.)
In 2006, Roger Goodell was chosen as the NFL's next commissioner.
In 2008, China opened the Summer Olympic Games with an extravaganza of fireworks and pageantry.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 08, 2019, 06:59:45 AM
Ten years ago: Sonia Sotomayor was sworn in as the U.S. Supreme Court's first Hispanic and third female justice. A small plane collided with a sightseeing helicopter over the Hudson River in New York City, killing nine people, including five Italian tourists. Typhoon Morakot slammed into Taiwan, leaving more than 670 either dead or missing (the typhoon also killed 22 people in the Philippines and eight in China).

Five years ago: The U.S. unleashed its first airstrikes against the Islamic State group in northern Iraq amid a worsening humanitarian crisis. Israel and militants from Gaza resumed cross-border attacks, after a three-day truce expired.

One year ago: The United States announced that it would impose new sanctions on Russia for illegally using a chemical weapon in an attempt to kill a former spy and his daughter in Britain. Australian golfer Jarrod Lyle died at the age of 36 after a long battle with cancer. A Montana coroner said the death of "Superman" actress Margot Kidder had been ruled a suicide from a drug and alcohol overdose.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 08, 2019, 07:04:31 AM
Today's Birthdays:

Actress Nita Talbot is 89.
Actor Dustin Hoffman is 82.
Actress Connie Stevens is 81.
Country singer Phil Balsley (The Statler Brothers) is 80.
Actor Larry Wilcox is 72.
Actor Keith Carradine is 70.
Movie director Martin Brest is 68.
Radio-TV personality Robin Quivers is 67.
Percussionist Anton Fig is 66.
Actor Donny Most is 66.
Rock musician Dennis Drew (10,000 Maniacs) is 62.
TV personality Deborah Norville is 61.
Actor-singer Harry Crosby is 61.
Rock musician The Edge (U2) is 58.
Rock musician Rikki Rockett (Poison) is 58.
Rapper Kool Moe Dee is 57.
Rock musician Ralph Rieckermann is 57.
Middle distance runner Suzy Favor Hamilton is 51.
Rock singer Scott Stapp is 46.
Country singer Mark Wills is 46.
Actor Kohl Sudduth is 45.
Rock musician Tom Linton (Jimmy Eat World) is 44.
Singer JC Chasez ('N Sync) is 43.
Actress Tawny Cypress is 43.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Drew Lachey (lah-SHAY') (98 Degrees) is 43.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Marsha Ambrosius is 42.
Actress Lindsay Sloane is 42.
Actress Countess Vaughn is 41.
Actor Michael Urie is 39.
Tennis player Roger Federer is 38.
Actress Meagan Good is 38.
Rock musician Eric Howk (Portugal. The Man) is 38.
Actress Jackie Cruz (TV: "Orange is the New Black") is 35.
Britain's Princess Beatrice of York is 31.
Actor Ken Baumann is 30.
Chicago Cubs first baseman Anthony Rizzo is 30.
Pop singer Shawn Mendes is 21.
Actress Bebe Wood (TV: "The Real O'Neals") is 18.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 08, 2019, 07:05:16 AM
Thought for Today: "It is the anonymous 'they,' the enigmatic 'they' who are in charge. Who is 'they'? I don't know. Nobody knows. Not even 'they' themselves." — Joseph Heller, American author (1923-1999).
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 08, 2019, 07:08:44 AM
Good morning, boys. Driving today and not much able to banter.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 08, 2019, 07:53:05 AM
good morning Daves, Rick, and Tony. thunderstorm passes through around 4am, going to be hot and humid the rest of the day.

golf went well. left my driver at home and was hitting my 3 wood as long as everyones drives. played decent, rained for 15 minutes, then I lost my head and got frustrated with my partner piddle fucking around, talking while I hitting, etc.

lay low day.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 08, 2019, 07:59:47 AM
good morning Daves, Rick, and Tony. thunderstorm passes through around 4am, going to be hot and humid the rest of the day.

golf went well. left my driver at home and was hitting my 3 wood as long as everyones drives. played decent, rained for 15 minutes, then I lost my head and got frustrated with my partner piddle fucking around, talking while I hitting, etc.

lay low day.
I remember one time my dad and I were playing down south somewhere, either GA or SC, and we were paired with this guy who kept cheating about where his ball was on the green. He'd bend down to mark it, then toss the ball marker a few feet ahead of where his ball was. I'm not sure a) why he thought one of us wouldn't notice, or b) why he bothered, since we weren't playing for money. Some people are just jackasses. Sounds like your guy is the same.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 08, 2019, 08:04:18 AM
Morning Deano
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 08, 2019, 08:05:10 AM

only 7 million to go:

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) said Wednesday that its officers had raided seven food processing plants in Mississippi and detained approximately 680 "removable aliens" in what a federal prosecutor described as "the largest single-state immigration enforcement operation in our nation's history."
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 08, 2019, 08:08:16 AM
good morning Daves, Rick, and Tony. thunderstorm passes through around 4am, going to be hot and humid the rest of the day.

golf went well. left my driver at home and was hitting my 3 wood as long as everyones drives. played decent, rained for 15 minutes, then I lost my head and got frustrated with my partner piddle fucking around, talking while I hitting, etc.

lay low day.
I remember one time my dad and I were playing down south somewhere, either GA or SC, and we were paired with this guy who kept cheating about where his ball was on the green. He'd bend down to mark it, then toss the ball marker a few feet ahead of where his ball was. I'm not sure a) why he thought one of us wouldn't notice, or b) why he bothered, since we weren't playing for money. Some people are just jackasses. Sounds like your guy is the same.
he was off his meds. we usually get along great. I guess I just lost patience with him yesterday. next week I break in a 'new guy'.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 08, 2019, 08:12:04 AM
@LTG. I returned those golf clubs. just didn't feel right even with new grips. guy paid for the new grips so there's that.
bought a new set of knock offsyesterday after golf. adding 1/2" to the irons . will be delivered Monday.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 08, 2019, 08:18:53 AM
@LTG. I returned those golf clubs. just didn't feel right even with new grips. guy paid for the new grips so there's that.
bought a new set of knock offsyesterday after golf. adding 1/2" to the irons . will be delivered Monday.
I used to use clubs that were longer, but my current Nikes are just off the rack. One of these days, I'd love to get fitted, which pretty much everyone says you should do. Hope the new ones work out for ya.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 08, 2019, 08:19:21 AM
[...]

Bring some extra meds for this one, just in case. ;)
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: bluecollar on August 08, 2019, 08:24:53 AM
good morning Daves, Rick, and Tony. thunderstorm passes through around 4am, going to be hot and humid the rest of the day.

golf went well. left my driver at home and was hitting my 3 wood as long as everyones drives. played decent, rained for 15 minutes, then I lost my head and got frustrated with my partner piddle fucking around, talking while I hitting, etc.

lay low day.
Sounds like my golf game. Half the trouble is between my ears.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: bluecollar on August 08, 2019, 08:27:02 AM
@LTG. I returned those golf clubs. just didn't feel right even with new grips. guy paid for the new grips so there's that.
bought a new set of knock offsyesterday after golf. adding 1/2" to the irons . will be delivered Monday.
I used to use clubs that were longer, but my current Nikes are just off the rack. One of these days, I'd love to get fitted, which pretty much everyone says you should do. Hope the new ones work out for ya.
I got fitted with my new Pings. Worth the investment. If I could only find time to be out more than twice a month
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 08, 2019, 08:28:24 AM
@LTG. I returned those golf clubs. just didn't feel right even with new grips. guy paid for the new grips so there's that.
bought a new set of knock offsyesterday after golf. adding 1/2" to the irons . will be delivered Monday.
I used to use clubs that were longer, but my current Nikes are just off the rack. One of these days, I'd love to get fitted, which pretty much everyone says you should do. Hope the new ones work out for ya.
when I retired I had a set of Taylormade Burners fitted for me. it was a big investment to me but I figured it would be the last set I'd own. I remembered the 1/2" extension on my irons and the 2 hybrids. only thing I did different was the Taylormade Burner 2 knock offs.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: bluecollar on August 08, 2019, 08:29:18 AM
It really matters who you play golf with. If your with good golfer's usually will shoot better. Maybe just me?
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 08, 2019, 08:30:50 AM
It really matters who you play golf with. If your with good golfer's usually will shoot better. Maybe just me?
Not at all, the company you're with can definitely affect your play. Case in point, Dean was getting irritated with his playing partner and started playing like shit.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 08, 2019, 08:31:24 AM
@LTG. I returned those golf clubs. just didn't feel right even with new grips. guy paid for the new grips so there's that.
bought a new set of knock offsyesterday after golf. adding 1/2" to the irons . will be delivered Monday.
I used to use clubs that were longer, but my current Nikes are just off the rack. One of these days, I'd love to get fitted, which pretty much everyone says you should do. Hope the new ones work out for ya.
I got fitted with my new Pings. Worth the investment. If I could only find time to be out more than twice a month
It's definitely on the radar for the future. Probably not the near future, but still. Lol
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 08, 2019, 08:32:48 AM
good morning Daves, Rick, and Tony. thunderstorm passes through around 4am, going to be hot and humid the rest of the day.

golf went well. left my driver at home and was hitting my 3 wood as long as everyones drives. played decent, rained for 15 minutes, then I lost my head and got frustrated with my partner piddle fucking around, talking while I hitting, etc.

lay low day.
Sounds like my golf game. Half the trouble is between my ears.
I think my biggest problem is that if we're very lucky, we've got 6-7 months out of the year to play. Hard to get good at anything that way.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 08, 2019, 08:49:01 AM
Good morning golfers and others.  Never took to the game myself.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: bluecollar on August 08, 2019, 09:19:41 AM
Good morning golfers and others.  Never took to the game myself.
Good morning Bean. It's very similar to woman we love and hate em all in the same round.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 08, 2019, 09:25:21 AM
Good morning golfers and others.  Never took to the game myself.
Good morning Bean. It's very similar to woman we love and hate em all in the same round.
And just as alluring/frustrating.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 08, 2019, 09:41:59 AM
Good morning again, golfbanter.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 08, 2019, 09:51:20 AM
It really matters who you play golf with. If your with good golfer's usually will shoot better. Maybe just me?
Not at all, the company you're with can definitely affect your play. Case in point, Dean was getting irritated with his playing partner and started playing like shit.
actually I played a little better than I usually do yesterday. 😳
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 08, 2019, 09:52:22 AM
Meeting time, back after lunch (lunch not provided).
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 08, 2019, 10:00:55 AM
Meeting time, back after lunch (lunch not provided).
Not provided?!? What is going on?
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 08, 2019, 10:01:30 AM
It really matters who you play golf with. If your with good golfer's usually will shoot better. Maybe just me?
Not at all, the company you're with can definitely affect your play. Case in point, Dean was getting irritated with his playing partner and started playing like shit.
actually I played a little better than I usually do yesterday.
Maybe you need that little extra fire in your belly.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: bluecollar on August 08, 2019, 10:04:48 AM
It really matters who you play golf with. If your with good golfer's usually will shoot better. Maybe just me?
Not at all, the company you're with can definitely affect your play. Case in point, Dean was getting irritated with his playing partner and started playing like shit.
actually I played a little better than I usually do yesterday.
Maybe you need that little extra fire in your belly.
I love the competition but a bad day of golf is better than a good day at work!
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 08, 2019, 10:07:19 AM
Meeting time, back after lunch (lunch not provided).
tell them to GFT, no lunch no meeting.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 08, 2019, 10:08:04 AM
It really matters who you play golf with. If your with good golfer's usually will shoot better. Maybe just me?
Not at all, the company you're with can definitely affect your play. Case in point, Dean was getting irritated with his playing partner and started playing like shit.
actually I played a little better than I usually do yesterday.
Maybe you need that little extra fire in your belly.
I love the competition but a bad day of golf is better than a good day at work!
what's work?
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 08, 2019, 10:08:28 AM
It really matters who you play golf with. If your with good golfer's usually will shoot better. Maybe just me?
Not at all, the company you're with can definitely affect your play. Case in point, Dean was getting irritated with his playing partner and started playing like shit.
actually I played a little better than I usually do yesterday.
Maybe you need that little extra fire in your belly.
I love the competition but a bad day of golf is better than a good day at work!
I'm not arguing with you there.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 08, 2019, 10:09:26 AM
It really matters who you play golf with. If your with good golfer's usually will shoot better. Maybe just me?
Not at all, the company you're with can definitely affect your play. Case in point, Dean was getting irritated with his playing partner and started playing like shit.
actually I played a little better than I usually do yesterday.
Maybe you need that little extra fire in your belly.
I love the competition but a bad day of golf is better than a good day at work!
what's work?
It's what you do 7 days a week.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 08, 2019, 10:22:52 AM
It really matters who you play golf with. If your with good golfer's usually will shoot better. Maybe just me?
Not at all, the company you're with can definitely affect your play. Case in point, Dean was getting irritated with his playing partner and started playing like shit.
actually I played a little better than I usually do yesterday.
Maybe you need that little extra fire in your belly.
I love the competition but a bad day of golf is better than a good day at work!
what's work?
It's what you do 7 days a week.
Got my work all done for today, got a new windshield put in the wardens car.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 08, 2019, 10:23:57 AM
Relaxing time now, Jose L Piedra cut and ready to light
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 08, 2019, 10:41:55 AM
Relaxing time now, Jose L Piedra cut and ready to light
I think you're doing retirement right. Dean could use some guidance.

Then again, you should be doing a little more fishing...
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 08, 2019, 10:43:54 AM
Relaxing time now, Jose L Piedra cut and ready to light
I think you're doing retirement right. Dean could use some guidance.

Then again, you should be doing a little more fishing...
True on more fishing, I was planning to go today but just too damn hot. (Heat index around 105° today)  I plan to hit it pretty hard in the fall.

When retired I figure you don’t have to do anything unless conditions are comfortable.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 08, 2019, 10:55:35 AM
Relaxing time now, Jose L Piedra cut and ready to light
I think you're doing retirement right. Dean could use some guidance.

Then again, you should be doing a little more fishing...
True on more fishing, I was planning to go today but just too damn hot. (Heat index around 105° today)  I plan to hit it pretty hard in the fall.

When retired I figure you don’t have to do anything unless conditions are comfortable.
Completely valid reasoning. In the meantime, enjoy your cigar.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 08, 2019, 10:57:07 AM
Relaxing time now, Jose L Piedra cut and ready to light
I think you're doing retirement right. Dean could use some guidance.

Then again, you should be doing a little more fishing...
hey ..... I hold my own.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 08, 2019, 11:02:27 AM
Relaxing time now, Jose L Piedra cut and ready to light
I think you're doing retirement right. Dean could use some guidance.

Then again, you should be doing a little more fishing...
hey ..... I hold my own.
More so since the last redhead flew the coop?
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 08, 2019, 11:03:15 AM
Most difficult decision now is what do I want for lunch🤔. Warden is at the boys office today so my lunch decision will not be real difficult.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 08, 2019, 11:04:00 AM
Meeting time, back after lunch (lunch not provided).
tell them to GFT, no lunch no meeting.
Indeed. There's precedent and what not.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 08, 2019, 11:04:44 AM
Most difficult decision now is what do I want for lunch🤔. Warden is at the boys office today so my lunch decision will not be real difficult.
How many naps so far today, old fella?
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 08, 2019, 11:07:35 AM
Most difficult decision now is what do I want for lunch🤔. Warden is at the boys office today so my lunch decision will not be real difficult.
How many naps so far today, old fella?
Only one😀

Morning CommieBean
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 08, 2019, 11:16:10 AM
https://halfwheel.com/craig-reynolds-head-of-cigars-international-retiring-in-may/360526
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 08, 2019, 11:23:12 AM
https://halfwheel.com/craig-reynolds-head-of-cigars-international-retiring-in-may/360526
Interesting.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 08, 2019, 11:31:51 AM
[...]

TWSS.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 08, 2019, 11:35:07 AM
Good morning golfers and others.  Never took to the game myself.
Me neither but son #2 is in to it big time.  As Dave said, it's good being able to play basically 12 months out of the year.  He insists he's going to get me into it.  We shall see.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 08, 2019, 11:37:32 AM
Post PT Uncut.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 08, 2019, 11:38:20 AM
Meeting time, back after lunch (lunch not provided).
Not provided?!? What is going on?
Flo cutting back hard. Probably not getting any sprinkles either.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 08, 2019, 11:40:51 AM
It really matters who you play golf with. If your with good golfer's usually will shoot better. Maybe just me?
Not at all, the company you're with can definitely affect your play. Case in point, Dean was getting irritated with his playing partner and started playing like shit.
actually I played a little better than I usually do yesterday.
Maybe you need that little extra fire in your belly.
I love the competition but a bad day of golf is better than a good day at work!
what's work?
You know....meetings....archives....presentations...drum circles....
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 08, 2019, 11:43:57 AM
Relaxing time now, Jose L Piedra cut and ready to light
I think you're doing retirement right. Dean could use some guidance.

Then again, you should be doing a little more fishing...
hey ..... I hold my own.
I thought you had someone to do that for you?
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 08, 2019, 12:31:05 PM
Meeting time, back after lunch (lunch not provided).
Not provided?!? What is going on?
Flo cutting back hard. Probably not getting any sprinkles either.
LALTS. Definitely no sprinkles. There was a big lunch for our department yesterday, but I wasn't coming in on my WFH day for it.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 08, 2019, 12:58:38 PM
I went with a McDonalds 1/4 pounder meal for lunch.  Just have to have me a McDonalds fix every few months.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 08, 2019, 01:15:11 PM
Post PT Uncut.
How did PT treat you?
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 08, 2019, 01:28:07 PM
Post PT Uncut.
How did PT treat you?
Still in one piece, moving forward!
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 08, 2019, 01:31:05 PM
Post PT Uncut.
How did PT treat you?
Still in one piece, moving forward!
Definitely better than the alternative.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 08, 2019, 01:42:57 PM
Post PT Uncut.
How did PT treat you?
Still in one piece, moving forward!
Definitely better than the alternative.
Moving backwards?
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 08, 2019, 01:49:04 PM
Post PT Uncut.
How did PT treat you?
Still in one piece, moving forward!
Definitely better than the alternative.
Moving backwards?
I was thinking being in more than one piece.  ;D
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 08, 2019, 01:54:04 PM
Afternoon nap completed, time to take the dog out then select a Cidar.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 08, 2019, 01:54:30 PM
I dozed off. must have been nap time.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 08, 2019, 01:55:45 PM
Afternoon nap completed, time to take the dog out then select a Cidar.
apple or red wine?
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 08, 2019, 02:20:23 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 08, 2019, 02:22:32 PM
Hazzuh!
You can't leave yet. We were just about to learn about different ciders. Never before heard of anything other than apple.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 08, 2019, 02:25:53 PM
Hazzuh!
You can't leave yet. We were just about to learn about different ciders. Never before heard of anything other than apple.
Maybe SCDave has moved on to hard cider, apparently referred to as Cidar where he lives.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 08, 2019, 02:47:47 PM
Personally, I'm looking forward to a cigar after work.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 08, 2019, 02:48:22 PM
Hazzuh!
You can't leave yet. We were just about to learn about different ciders. Never before heard of anything other than apple.
Maybe SCDave has moved on to hard cider, apparently referred to as Cidar where he lives.
Or maybe he just decided to give all you wise-asses a BIG GFY
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 08, 2019, 02:50:03 PM
Personally, I'm looking forward to a cigar after work.
Personally I am fixing to 🔥 this one😀
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 08, 2019, 02:51:11 PM
Heat index is 103°
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 08, 2019, 02:52:37 PM
Had a great view of the Space Station last night and if the clouds stay away supposed to have another one tonight.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 08, 2019, 03:07:02 PM
- Major League Baseball is going to build it — and the White Sox and Yankees are coming to Iowa.

The Chicago White Sox will play the New York Yankees next summer at the site in eastern Iowa where the movie "Field of Dreams" was filmed, MLB announced Thursday. The game is set for Aug. 13 in Dyersville, which is about 200 miles west of Chicago.

A temporary 8,000-seat stadium will be built on the site to accommodate the first major league game played in Iowa.

"As a sport that is proud of its history linking generations, Major League Baseball is excited to bring a regular-season game to the site of 'Field of Dreams,'" Commissioner Rob Manfred said. "We look forward to celebrating the movie's enduring message of how baseball brings people together at this special cornfield in Iowa."
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 08, 2019, 03:09:51 PM
“I Don’t Got My F****** Gun,” Says Man Streaming Live Inside Walmart During Shooting

A man who was inside the Walmart at the time of the mass shooting in El Paso was posting stories on Instagram, and in some you can hear the gunshots in the background as he looked for safety.

I’m not sure that I would be recording videos of myself during something like that, but he did.

Regardless, Instagram user al24fit said something important as you hear gunfire in the background; “I don’t got my f****** gun.”
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 08, 2019, 03:12:17 PM
Heat index is 103°
nice here too.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 08, 2019, 03:46:37 PM
Heat index is 103°
nice here too.
105° heat index now🥵🥵🥵🥵
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 08, 2019, 04:00:25 PM
Heat index is 103°
nice here too.
105° heat index now🥵🥵🥵🥵
think you got me beat.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 08, 2019, 04:03:06 PM
Heat index is 103°
nice here too.
105° heat index now🥵🥵🥵🥵
think you got me beat.
nope
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 08, 2019, 04:06:09 PM
Time for me to pack up and head to the airport.  Stay sweaty, my friends.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 08, 2019, 04:25:55 PM
Time for me to pack up and head to the airport.  Stay sweaty, my friends.
May the LuLuLemons be Tight!
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 08, 2019, 05:38:49 PM
Personally, I'm looking forward to a cigar after work.
Beautiful evening for a walk and a cigar.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 08, 2019, 05:41:22 PM
Time for me to pack up and head to the airport.  Stay sweaty, my friends.
May the LuLuLemons be Tight!
God help us all if they're saggin'
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 08, 2019, 06:03:42 PM
Personally, I'm looking forward to a cigar after work.
Went with this large ring gauged JFR Lunatic by Casa Fernandez’s Aganorsa. Very peppery from the start.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190808/337c1a0d3e37ed1d95f7126e6b3c4894.jpg)
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 08, 2019, 06:37:18 PM
The three Room 101 bargain lines:

https://www.cigar.com/p/room-101-limited-edition-packs-of-10-cigars/2023281/?campid=35753&s.eVar23=dgryffudd%40gmail.com
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 08, 2019, 06:40:44 PM
The three Room 101 bargain lines:

https://www.cigar.com/p/room-101-limited-edition-packs-of-10-cigars/2023281/?campid=35753&s.eVar23=dgryffudd%40gmail.com
You've smoked at least those first two. Do you reccomend at this price?
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 08, 2019, 06:43:19 PM
Time for me to pack up and head to the airport.  Stay sweaty, my friends.
May the LuLuLemons be Tight!
A dearth of Lululemonosity today.  Plus flight schedules are jacked. Thanks, NE weather!
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: bluecollar on August 08, 2019, 07:05:02 PM
Hanging out with Ricky Rodriguez, Laurel Tilley, and Jack Toraño. Buffalo Riverwork's preparty.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: bluecollar on August 08, 2019, 07:11:05 PM
Hanging out with Ricky Rodriguez, Laurel Tilley, and Jack Toraño. Buffalo Riverwork's preparty.
Tony wants proof
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 08, 2019, 07:14:27 PM
Hanging out with Ricky Rodriguez, Laurel Tilley, and Jack Toraño. Buffalo Riverwork's preparty.
Tony wants proof
That's OK, I don't know who any of those people are anyway.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: bluecollar on August 08, 2019, 07:26:24 PM
Hanging out with Ricky Rodriguez, Laurel Tilley, and Jack Toraño. Buffalo Riverwork's preparty.
Tony wants proof
That's OK, I don't know who any of those people are anyway.
Ricky's head blender of CAO. Laurel is brand ambassador for Macanudo and Jack is with Espinosa
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 08, 2019, 07:31:23 PM
Hanging out with Ricky Rodriguez, Laurel Tilley, and Jack Toraño. Buffalo Riverwork's preparty.
Tony wants proof
That's OK, I don't know who any of those people are anyway.
Ricky's head blender of CAO. Laurel is brand ambassador for Macanudo and Jack is with Espinosa
Well GFY and all your fancy friends!
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 08, 2019, 07:32:58 PM
Alrighty then, time to board this fk'er.  Should be home by 3 am. Outstanding!
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: bluecollar on August 08, 2019, 07:35:53 PM
Alrighty then, time to board this fk'er.  Should be home by 3 am. Outstanding!
Safe travels Bean
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 08, 2019, 07:43:24 PM
Heat index is 103°
nice here too.
105° heat index now🥵🥵🥵🥵
After storms went through yesterday, today was gorgeous.  High in the mid 80's, currently 79 with 70% humidity...but doesn't feel that high.
think you got me beat.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 08, 2019, 07:46:28 PM
The three Room 101 bargain lines:

https://www.cigar.com/p/room-101-limited-edition-packs-of-10-cigars/2023281/?campid=35753&s.eVar23=dgryffudd%40gmail.com
You've smoked at least those first two. Do you reccomend at this price?
Miami Snow is a pretty generic connie.  Breakfast in Portugal on the other hand was very tasty.  Reminded me of some of the early CLE's  Don't have the Muzzle Loader (Maduro) in hand just yet.

Let me correct myself, Muzzle Loader is Habano wrapper, not Maduro.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 08, 2019, 07:47:13 PM
Time for me to pack up and head to the airport.  Stay sweaty, my friends.
May the LuLuLemons be Tight!
A dearth of Lululemonosity today.  Plus flight schedules are jacked. Thanks, NE weather!
You're not in the NE!
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 08, 2019, 07:54:24 PM
Last bit of Matt Booth news...

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/article/room101-10th-anniversary-ships-nationwide-next-week?utm_campaign=ca_cigarwatch_080819&utm_source=ca_cigarwatch_080819&utm_medium=email&utm_content=6e021e354f266805a6473c7b9fa19141
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 08, 2019, 08:01:56 PM
Time for me to pack up and head to the airport.  Stay sweaty, my friends.
May the LuLuLemons be Tight!
A dearth of Lululemonosity today.  Plus flight schedules are jacked. Thanks, NE weather!
You're not in the NE!
Apparently the weather is Denver area.  But the NE is a good scapegoat for most things.  We're told to sit back down, another 30 minute delay.  FMTT.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 08, 2019, 08:02:33 PM
The three Room 101 bargain lines:

https://www.cigar.com/p/room-101-limited-edition-packs-of-10-cigars/2023281/?campid=35753&s.eVar23=dgryffudd%40gmail.com
You've smoked at least those first two. Do you reccomend at this price?
Miami Snow is a pretty generic connie.  Breakfast in Portugal on the other hand was very tasty.  Reminded me of some of the early CLE's  Don't have the Muzzle Loader (Maduro) in hand just yet.

Let me correct myself, Muzzle Loader is Habano wrapper, not Maduro.
Is BIP a connie?
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: bluecollar on August 08, 2019, 08:05:03 PM
I'm trying a couple of the new CAO's. VR19 and session
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 08, 2019, 08:16:12 PM
The three Room 101 bargain lines:

https://www.cigar.com/p/room-101-limited-edition-packs-of-10-cigars/2023281/?campid=35753&s.eVar23=dgryffudd%40gmail.com
You've smoked at least those first two. Do you reccomend at this price?
Miami Snow is a pretty generic connie.  Breakfast in Portugal on the other hand was very tasty.  Reminded me of some of the early CLE's  Don't have the Muzzle Loader (Maduro) in hand just yet.

Let me correct myself, Muzzle Loader is Habano wrapper, not Maduro.
Is BIP a connie?
Never mind,  your recommendation is good enough.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: bluecollar on August 08, 2019, 09:53:03 PM
I don't have fancy friends just great events.
Finishing a CAO session. Good smoke
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: bluecollar on August 08, 2019, 10:08:22 PM
Personally, I'm looking forward to a cigar after work.
Went with this large ring gauged JFR Lunatic by Casa Fernandez’s Aganorsa. Very peppery from the start.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190808/337c1a0d3e37ed1d95f7126e6b3c4894.jpg)
I found the habano different from the Maduro. Try the counterpart. I like the San Andres
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 08, 2019, 10:32:35 PM

Personally, I'm looking forward to a cigar after work.
Went with this large ring gauged JFR Lunatic by Casa Fernandez’s Aganorsa. Very peppery from the start.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190808/337c1a0d3e37ed1d95f7126e6b3c4894.jpg)
I found the habano different from the Maduro. Try the counterpart. I like the San Andres

I thought this one was the San Andres wrapper.
Title: Re: 8/8/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 08, 2019, 11:46:21 PM
The three Room 101 bargain lines:

https://www.cigar.com/p/room-101-limited-edition-packs-of-10-cigars/2023281/?campid=35753&s.eVar23=dgryffudd%40gmail.com
You've smoked at least those first two. Do you reccomend at this price?
Miami Snow is a pretty generic connie.  Breakfast in Portugal on the other hand was very tasty.  Reminded me of some of the early CLE's  Don't have the Muzzle Loader (Maduro) in hand just yet.

Let me correct myself, Muzzle Loader is Habano wrapper, not Maduro.
Is BIP a connie?
Ecuador Conneticut it is.