CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on June 23, 2020, 12:34:01 AM

Title: 6/23/2020
Post by: CigarBanter on June 23, 2020, 12:34:01 AM
Happy Tuesday! In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: bluecollar on June 23, 2020, 05:17:32 AM
Good morning wanna
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 23, 2020, 05:51:23 AM
Good morning wanna
Morning, Queen Bee.
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on June 23, 2020, 05:54:38 AM
good morning Rick and Dave.
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on June 23, 2020, 05:55:57 AM
Tuesday. not as bad as Monday and not as good as Wednesday. 😳
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on June 23, 2020, 05:58:51 AM
Why Did The Chicken Cross The Road?

DONALD TRUMP: I've been told by my many sources, good sources - they're very good sources - that the chicken crossed the road. All the Fake News wants to do is write nasty things about the road, but it's a really good road. It's a beautiful road. Everyone knows how beautiful it is.

JOE BIDEN: Why did the chicken do the...thing in the...you know the rest.

SARAH PALIN: The chicken crossed the road because, gosh-darn it, he's a maverick!

BARACK OBAMA: Let me be perfectly clear, if the chickens like their eggs they can keep their eggs. No chicken will be required to cross the road to surrender her eggs. Period.

AOC: Chickens should not be forced to lay eggs! This is because of corporate greed! Eggs should be able to lay themselves.

HILLARY CLINTON: What difference at this point does it make why the chicken crossed the road.

GEORGE W. BUSH: We don't really care why the chicken crossed the road. We just want to know if the chicken is on our side of the road or not. The chicken is either with us or against us. There is no middle ground here.

DICK CHENEY: Where's my gun?

BILL CLINTON: I did not cross the road with that chicken.

AL GORE: I invented the chicken.

JOHN KERRY: Although I voted to let the chicken cross the road, I am now against it! It was the wrong road to cross, and I was misled about the chicken's intentions. I am not for it now, and will remain against it.

AL SHARPTON: Why are all the chickens white?

DR. PHIL: The problem we have here is that this chicken won't realize that he must first deal with the problem on this side of the road before it goes after the problem on the other side of the road. What we need to do is help him realize how stupid he is acting by not taking on his current problems before adding any new problems.

ANDERSON COOPER: We have reason to believe there is a chicken, but we have not yet been allowed to have access to the other side of the road.

NANCY GRACE: That chicken crossed the road because he's guilty! You can see it in his eyes and the way he walks.

PAT BUCHANAN: To steal the job of a decent, hardworking American.

DR SEUSS: Did the chicken cross the road? Did he cross it with a toad? Yes, the chicken crossed the road, but why it crossed I've not been told.

ERNEST HEMINGWAY: To die in the rain, alone.

GRANDPA: In my day we didn't ask why the chicken crossed the road. Somebody told us the chicken crossed the road, and that was good enough for us.

ARISTOTLE: It is the nature of chickens to cross the road.

ALBERT EINSTEIN: Did the chicken really cross the road, or did the road move beneath the chicken?

COLONEL SANDERS: Did I miss one?
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 23, 2020, 06:21:19 AM
Good morning, Rick, Dave, and Dean.
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 23, 2020, 07:00:28 AM
Good morning, Rick, Dave, and Dean.
Morning, Mayor Tony.
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 23, 2020, 07:04:08 AM
Any good two-fers?
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on June 23, 2020, 07:10:43 AM
Good morning, Rick, Dave, and Dean.
good morning Tony.
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on June 23, 2020, 07:11:28 AM
Any good two-fers?
a blonde and a redhead always satisfies.
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 23, 2020, 07:14:54 AM
Any good two-fers?
CI knockoffs today. So, enjoy!
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: bluecollar on June 23, 2020, 07:23:53 AM
Good morning wanna
Morning, Queen Bee.
Good morning boys.
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 23, 2020, 09:25:25 AM
Good morning wanna
Morning, Queen Bee.
Good morning boys.
2-hour oof.
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 23, 2020, 09:40:15 AM
Good morning wanna
Morning, Queen Bee.
Good morning boys.
2-hour oof.
Sorry, got really busy. Hoping to get some breathing room in about 30 minutes.
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 23, 2020, 09:42:45 AM
Good morning wanna
Morning, Queen Bee.
Good morning boys.
2-hour oof.
Sorry, got really busy. Hoping to get some breathing room in about 30 minutes.
It's inclusion week here (not sure if that's a national thing or not), and I've got 2 webinars this week. First one is at 10 am. Nice way to spend 30 minutes or so without working. Maybe I'll even learn something.
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on June 23, 2020, 09:46:45 AM
Good morning wanna
Morning, Queen Bee.
Good morning boys.
2-hour oof.
Sorry, got really busy. Hoping to get some breathing room in about 30 minutes.
It's inclusion week here (not sure if that's a national thing or not), and I've got 2 webinars this week. First one is at 10 am. Nice way to spend 30 minutes or so without working. Maybe I'll even learn something.
include cigar smokers.
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 23, 2020, 09:51:32 AM
Good morning wanna
Morning, Queen Bee.
Good morning boys.
2-hour oof.
Sorry, got really busy. Hoping to get some breathing room in about 30 minutes.
It's inclusion week here (not sure if that's a national thing or not), and I've got 2 webinars this week. First one is at 10 am. Nice way to spend 30 minutes or so without working. Maybe I'll even learn something.
include cigar smokers.
Hola, David.
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 23, 2020, 09:53:02 AM
Good morning wanna
Morning, Queen Bee.
Good morning boys.
2-hour oof.
Sorry, got really busy. Hoping to get some breathing room in about 30 minutes.
It's inclusion week here (not sure if that's a national thing or not), and I've got 2 webinars this week. First one is at 10 am. Nice way to spend 30 minutes or so without working. Maybe I'll even learn something.
No joke, I read it as inconclusive week and thought, WTF? Perhaps I should put my glasses on.
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: Threebean on June 23, 2020, 10:41:06 AM
Good morning wanna
Morning, Queen Bee.
Good morning boys.
2-hour oof.
Sorry, got really busy. Hoping to get some breathing room in about 30 minutes.
It's inclusion week here (not sure if that's a national thing or not), and I've got 2 webinars this week. First one is at 10 am. Nice way to spend 30 minutes or so without working. Maybe I'll even learn something.
If you're lucky it will have a mardi gras theme.
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: Threebean on June 23, 2020, 10:41:26 AM
Good morning wanna
Morning, Queen Bee.
Good morning boys.
2-hour oof.
Sorry, got really busy. Hoping to get some breathing room in about 30 minutes.
It's inclusion week here (not sure if that's a national thing or not), and I've got 2 webinars this week. First one is at 10 am. Nice way to spend 30 minutes or so without working. Maybe I'll even learn something.
No joke, I read it as inconclusive week and thought, WTF? Perhaps I should put my glasses on.
That's likely more accurate.
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: Threebean on June 23, 2020, 10:45:31 AM
Good morning included, excluded, and transcluded.  Nice steady rain here.  Hope we have no IT problems.
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 23, 2020, 10:50:25 AM
Good morning wanna
Morning, Queen Bee.
Good morning boys.
2-hour oof.
Sorry, got really busy. Hoping to get some breathing room in about 30 minutes.
It's inclusion week here (not sure if that's a national thing or not), and I've got 2 webinars this week. First one is at 10 am. Nice way to spend 30 minutes or so without working. Maybe I'll even learn something.
If you're lucky it will have a mardi gras theme.
No chance of being that lucky!
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 23, 2020, 10:51:13 AM
Good morning wanna
Morning, Queen Bee.
Good morning boys.
2-hour oof.
Sorry, got really busy. Hoping to get some breathing room in about 30 minutes.
It's inclusion week here (not sure if that's a national thing or not), and I've got 2 webinars this week. First one is at 10 am. Nice way to spend 30 minutes or so without working. Maybe I'll even learn something.
No joke, I read it as inconclusive week and thought, WTF? Perhaps I should put my glasses on.
Well, hard to explore any topic thoroughly in 30 minutes, so yours might be more accurate.
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 23, 2020, 10:52:15 AM
Good morning included, excluded, and transcluded.  Nice steady rain here.  Hope we have no IT problems.
I'd love some rain. Not a whole lot but just enough to water the plants and grass.

Good morning, Bean.
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 23, 2020, 10:53:23 AM
Good morning wanna
Morning, Queen Bee.
Good morning boys.
2-hour oof.
Sorry, got really busy. Hoping to get some breathing room in about 30 minutes.
It's inclusion week here (not sure if that's a national thing or not), and I've got 2 webinars this week. First one is at 10 am. Nice way to spend 30 minutes or so without working. Maybe I'll even learn something.
No joke, I read it as inconclusive week and thought, WTF? Perhaps I should put my glasses on.
Well, hard to explore any topic thoroughly in 30 minutes, so yours might be more accurate.
I wasn't trying to be funny. I read it that way three times and was trying to wrap my head around it.
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: bluecollar on June 23, 2020, 10:54:40 AM
College has been in a moth ball like stage since the Rona. Now they can move at a limited capacity. They expect to come to an air conditioned building. Telling HVAC would have been a good idea, ya think?
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 23, 2020, 10:55:09 AM
Good morning wanna
Morning, Queen Bee.
Good morning boys.
2-hour oof.
Sorry, got really busy. Hoping to get some breathing room in about 30 minutes.
It's inclusion week here (not sure if that's a national thing or not), and I've got 2 webinars this week. First one is at 10 am. Nice way to spend 30 minutes or so without working. Maybe I'll even learn something.
No joke, I read it as inconclusive week and thought, WTF? Perhaps I should put my glasses on.
Well, hard to explore any topic thoroughly in 30 minutes, so yours might be more accurate.
I wasn't trying to be funny. I read it that way three times and was trying to wrap my head around it.
Still probably more accurate. Lol
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 23, 2020, 10:55:55 AM
College has been in a moth ball like stage since the Rona. Now they can move at a limited capacity. They expect to come to an air conditioned building. Telling HVAC would have been a good idea, ya think?
Maybe they were riding that whole, "heat will kill the virus, believe me" train?
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 23, 2020, 11:09:10 AM
Any good two-fers?
Just these...
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 23, 2020, 11:09:53 AM
Good morning wanna
Morning, Queen Bee.
Good morning boys.
2-hour oof.
Sorry, got really busy. Hoping to get some breathing room in about 30 minutes.
It's inclusion week here (not sure if that's a national thing or not), and I've got 2 webinars this week. First one is at 10 am. Nice way to spend 30 minutes or so without working. Maybe I'll even learn something.
include cigar smokers.
I'll second that.
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 23, 2020, 11:10:05 AM
Any good two-fers?
Just these...
That'll do. Morning, UpsideDownDave.
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 23, 2020, 11:10:48 AM
Morning RickRuck, Mr. Mayor, Golf, Deano and Mr. Oy.
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 23, 2020, 11:11:27 AM
Any good two-fers?
Just these...
That'll do. Morning, UpsideDownDave.
Got your attention did I?
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 23, 2020, 11:17:29 AM
Any good two-fers?
Just these...
That'll do. Morning, UpsideDownDave.
Got your attention did I?
Hard to miss that one. ;)
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 23, 2020, 11:17:31 AM
College has been in a moth ball like stage since the Rona. Now they can move at a limited capacity. They expect to come to an air conditioned building. Telling HVAC would have been a good idea, ya think?
You're just supposed to know. You better take a mind reader refresher course. Do they offer that there?
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 23, 2020, 11:19:05 AM
Good morning, ClemsonDave.
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: Threebean on June 23, 2020, 11:24:18 AM
Good morning wanna
Morning, Queen Bee.
Good morning boys.
2-hour oof.
Sorry, got really busy. Hoping to get some breathing room in about 30 minutes.
It's inclusion week here (not sure if that's a national thing or not), and I've got 2 webinars this week. First one is at 10 am. Nice way to spend 30 minutes or so without working. Maybe I'll even learn something.
If you're lucky it will have a mardi gras theme.
No chance of being that lucky!
TWSS
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 23, 2020, 11:50:26 AM
Good morning wanna
Morning, Queen Bee.
Good morning boys.
2-hour oof.
Sorry, got really busy. Hoping to get some breathing room in about 30 minutes.
It's inclusion week here (not sure if that's a national thing or not), and I've got 2 webinars this week. First one is at 10 am. Nice way to spend 30 minutes or so without working. Maybe I'll even learn something.
If you're lucky it will have a mardi gras theme.
Oh boy, costumes!  We need BD and CarolinaDave!
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 23, 2020, 11:52:27 AM
Today is Tuesday, June 23, the 175th day of 2020. There are 191 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On June 23, 1888, abolitionist Frederick Douglass received one vote from the Kentucky delegation at the Republican convention in Chicago, effectively making him the first black candidate to have his name placed in nomination for U.S. president. (The nomination went to Benjamin Harrison.)

On this date:
In 1868, Christopher Latham Sholes received a patent for his “Type-Writer,” featuring a QWERTY keyboard; it was the first commercially successful typewriter.
In 1904, President Theodore Roosevelt was nominated for a second term of office at the Republican National Convention in Chicago.
In 1938, the Civil Aeronautics Authority was established.

In 1947, the Senate joined the House in overriding President Harry S. Truman’s veto of the Taft-Hartley Act, designed to limit the power of organized labor.
In 1969, Warren E. Burger was sworn in as chief justice of the United States by the man he was succeeding, Earl Warren.

In 1972, President Richard Nixon and White House chief of staff H.R. Haldeman discussed using the CIA to obstruct the FBI’s Watergate investigation. (Revelation of the tape recording of this conversation sparked Nixon’s resignation in 1974.) President Nixon signed Title IX barring discrimination on the basis of sex for “any education program or activity receiving federal financial assistance.”
In 1985, all 329 people aboard an Air India Boeing 747 were killed when the plane crashed into the Atlantic Ocean near Ireland because of a bomb authorities believe was planted by Sikh separatists.

In 1988, James E. Hansen, a climatologist at the Goddard Institute for Space Studies, told a Senate panel that global warming of the earth caused by the “greenhouse effect” was a reality.
In 1993, in a case that drew widespread attention, Lorena Bobbitt of Prince William County, Va., sexually mutilated her husband, John, after he’d allegedly raped her. (John Bobbitt was later acquitted of marital sexual assault; Lorena Bobbitt was later acquitted of malicious wounding by reason of insanity.)

In 1995, Dr. Jonas Salk, the medical pioneer who developed the first vaccine to halt the crippling rampage of polio, died in La Jolla (HOY’-ah), California, at age 80.
In 2009, “Tonight Show” sidekick Ed McMahon died in Los Angeles at 86.
In 2018, Trump administration officials said the government knew the location of all children in its custody after separating them from their families at the border, and that it was working to reunite them.
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 23, 2020, 11:53:08 AM
Ten years ago: Following Gen. Stanley McChrystal’s criticism of the Obama administration in a Rolling Stone magazine profile, President Barack Obama named Gen. David Petraeus to replace the Afghanistan commander. Gary Faulkner, who was detained by authorities in northern Pakistan during a personal quest to track down Osama bin Laden, was released.

Five years ago: WikiLeaks published documents it said showed the U.S. National Security Agency had eavesdropped on the last three French presidents, releasing material that appeared to capture officials in Paris talking candidly about Greece’s economy, relations with Germany [–] and, ironically, American espionage. The NHL’s Board of Governors approved the proposed 3-on-3 overtime change. Actor Dick Van Patten, 86, died in Santa Monica, California.

One year ago: Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg faced criticism from angry residents of South Bend, Indiana, where he was mayor, at an emotional town hall meeting a week after a white police officer fatally shot a black man there; Buttigieg said he would call for an outside investigation. President Donald Trump told NBC’s “Meet the Press” that he’d prefer to run for re-election against Joe Biden, suggesting that the former vice president wouldn’t be the “great candidate” that Hillary Clinton was in 2016. Two siblings from the famed Flying Wallendas safely crossed New York’s Times Square on a high wire strung between two skyscrapers, 25 stories above the pavement. Nearly three months after he was shot to death in Los Angeles, rapper Nipsey Hussle was honored with the Humanitarian Award at the BET Awards in Los Angeles.
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 23, 2020, 11:55:08 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Singer Diana Trask is 80.
Musical conductor James Levine (luh-VYN’) is 77.
Actor Ted Shackelford is 74.
Actor Bryan Brown is 73.
Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas is 72.
Actor Jim Metzler is 69.
“American Idol” ex-judge Randy Jackson is 64.
Actress Frances McDormand is 63.
Rock musician Steve Shelley (Sonic Youth) is 58.
Actor Paul La Greca is 58.
Writer-director Joss Whedon is 56.
Rhythm and blues singer Chico DeBarge is 50.
Actress Selma Blair is 48.
Actor Joel Edgerton is 46.
Rock singer KT Tunstall is 45.
Rhythm and blues singer Virgo Williams (Ghostowns DJs) is 45.
Actress Emmanuelle Vaugier is 44.
Singer-songwriter Jason Mraz is 43.
Football Hall of Famer LaDainian Tomlinson is 41.
Actress Melissa Rauch is 40.
Rock singer Duffy is 36.
Country singer Katie Armiger is 29.
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 23, 2020, 01:03:25 PM
Quick catch-up after lunch. Which is to say, I missed nothing.
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 23, 2020, 01:19:03 PM
Quick catch-up after lunch. Which is to say, I missed nothing.
That' an understatement...
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 23, 2020, 01:26:18 PM
Let me give you something else to catch up on...
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 23, 2020, 01:28:18 PM
...and whether you deserve it or not...
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 23, 2020, 01:28:46 PM
...and whether you deserve it or not...
(I mostly wanted to flip the page)
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 23, 2020, 01:32:03 PM
Let me give you something else to catch up on...
That'll do just fine.
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 23, 2020, 01:32:35 PM
...and whether you deserve it or not...
I don't, but I appreciate the effort.
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: Threebean on June 23, 2020, 01:43:51 PM
Let me give you something else to catch up on...
That'll do just fine.
Is TWSS?
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 23, 2020, 01:54:14 PM
Let me give you something else to catch up on...
That'll do just fine.
Is TWSS?
Maybe to you.
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 23, 2020, 02:50:16 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 23, 2020, 04:23:45 PM
I can't believe that upside down bikini is really a thing.
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: bluecollar on June 23, 2020, 06:51:27 PM
I can't believe that upside down bikini is really a thing.
You always have to view the source
Title: Re: 6/23/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 23, 2020, 07:16:02 PM
I can't believe that upside down bikini is really a thing.
You always have to view the source
The sources all seem pretty legit.