CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on October 14, 2020, 12:01:04 AM

Title: 10/14/2020
Post by: CigarBanter on October 14, 2020, 12:01:04 AM
Any hump day deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 14, 2020, 06:12:18 AM
Good morning, folks.
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 14, 2020, 06:12:58 AM
Looks like we're eating Jambalaya again.
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 14, 2020, 07:29:33 AM
And for you Connecticut fans, cigar.com has a 18-count box of Nat Sherman's up for $85 behind door #2 of their daily offering.

Those are fire sale prices for the now defunct cigar maker. Personally, I never liked any of their stuff even at half the price.
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 14, 2020, 07:58:52 AM
Looks like we're eating Jambalaya again.
AJ Fernandez Rosa de Guadalupe Toro - 10 / $39.99
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 14, 2020, 08:26:32 AM
And for you Connecticut fans, cigar.com has a 18-count box of Nat Sherman's up for $85 behind door #2 of their daily offering.

Those are fire sale prices for the now defunct cigar maker. Personally, I never liked any of their stuff even at half the price.
It is a sad story with the cigar side of things shutting down and the brick and mortar closing in Manhattan
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 14, 2020, 08:33:08 AM
Project 40 maduro shipping next month says cigar aficionado
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: Threebean on October 14, 2020, 08:40:55 AM
Good morning Rick and Mr. Mayor. I see we're talking about cigars again.  Seems like a trend.
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on October 14, 2020, 09:44:37 AM
And for you Connecticut fans, cigar.com has a 18-count box of Nat Sherman's up for $85 behind door #2 of their daily offering.

Those are fire sale prices for the now defunct cigar maker. Personally, I never liked any of their stuff even at half the price.
It is a sad story with the cigar side of things shutting down and the brick and mortar closing in Manhattan
come to Florida, everything is open.
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on October 14, 2020, 09:45:11 AM
good morning Tony, Rick, and Mark.
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on October 14, 2020, 09:48:49 AM
And for you Connecticut fans, cigar.com has a 18-count box of Nat Sherman's up for $85 behind door #2 of their daily offering.

Those are fire sale prices for the now defunct cigar maker. Personally, I never liked any of their stuff even at half the price.
I liked all 3 doors, and the Page has box deals going.
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 14, 2020, 09:53:36 AM
Good morning, Rick, Mark and Dean. Cigar talk on this site, go figure.
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 14, 2020, 09:58:24 AM
And for you Connecticut fans, cigar.com has a 18-count box of Nat Sherman's up for $85 behind door #2 of their daily offering.

Those are fire sale prices for the now defunct cigar maker. Personally, I never liked any of their stuff even at half the price.
It is a sad story with the cigar side of things shutting down and the brick and mortar closing in Manhattan
True, but I can't say I was ever a fan of their cigars.
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 14, 2020, 09:59:20 AM
Morning Tony, Rick, Dean and Bean.
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 14, 2020, 10:00:00 AM
Good morning, Rick, Mark and Dean. Cigar talk on this site, go figure.
Just a passing phase... ::)
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on October 14, 2020, 10:03:58 AM
Morning Tony, Rick, Dean and Bean.
morning Dave.
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 14, 2020, 10:08:14 AM
And for you Connecticut fans, cigar.com has a 18-count box of Nat Sherman's up for $85 behind door #2 of their daily offering.

Those are fire sale prices for the now defunct cigar maker. Personally, I never liked any of their stuff even at half the price.
I liked all 3 doors, and the Page has box deals going.
Should make Mr. Bean feel pretty good, box of GoTF Campeons on the Page, $159.08
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 14, 2020, 10:09:16 AM
Heading into a stretch of flannel weather.  Higher elevations in New England might get some snow this weekend.
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 14, 2020, 10:15:54 AM
Today is Wednesday, Oct. 14, the 288th day of 2020.
There are 78 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On Oct. 14, 1964, civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr. was named winner of the Nobel Peace Prize.

On this date:
In 1890, Dwight D. Eisenhower, 34th president of the United States, was born in Denison, Texas.
In 1933, Nazi Germany announced it was withdrawing from the League of Nations.
In 1939, a German U-boat torpedoed and sank the HMS Royal Oak, a British battleship anchored at Scapa Flow in Scotland’s Orkney Islands; 833 of the more than 1,200 men aboard were killed.

In 1944, German Field Marshal Erwin Rommel took his own life rather than face trial and certain execution for allegedly conspiring against Adolf Hitler.
In 1947, U.S. Air Force Capt. Charles E. (”Chuck”) Yeager (YAY’-gur) became the first test pilot to break the sound barrier as he flew the experimental Bell XS-1 (later X-1) rocket plane over Muroc Dry Lake in California.
In 1960, the idea of a Peace Corps was suggested by Democratic presidential candidate John F. Kennedy to an audience of students at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.

In 1964, Soviet leader Nikita S. Khrushchev was toppled from power; he was succeeded by Leonid Brezhnev as First Secretary and by Alexei Kosygin as Premier.
In 1968, the first successful live telecast from a manned U.S. spacecraft was transmitted from Apollo 7.
In 1981, the new president of Egypt, Hosni Mubarak (HOHS’-nee moo-BAH’-rahk), was sworn in to succeed the assassinated Anwar Sadat. Mubarak pledged loyalty to Sadat’s policies.

In 2001, as U.S. jets opened a second week of raids in Afghanistan, President George W. Bush sternly rejected a Taliban offer to discuss handing over Osama bin Laden to a third country.
In 2014, a second nurse at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas came down with Ebola after contracting it from a dying patient. (The nurse, Amber Joy Vinson, was later declared free of the disease.)
In 2017, a truck bombing in Somalia’s capital killed more than 500 people in one of the world’s deadliest attacks in years; officials blamed the attack on the extremist group al-Shabab and said it was meant to target Mogadishu’s international airport, but the bomb detonated in a crowded street after soldiers opened fire. The board of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences revoked the membership of movie mogul Harvey Weinstein, after published reports about allegations of sexual harassment and rape against Weinstein.
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 14, 2020, 10:16:49 AM
Ten years ago: Chile’s 33 rescued miners posed with President Sebastian Pinera and were examined by doctors a day after they were freed from their underground prison. Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad (ah-muh-DEE’-neh-zhahd) taunted arch-enemy Israel from just across the tense border in Lebanon, rallying tens of thousands of Hezbollah supporters.

Five years ago: Hundreds of soldiers fanned out in cities across Israel and authorities erected concrete barriers outside some Arab neighborhoods of east Jerusalem in a stepped-up effort to counter a monthlong wave of Palestinian violence. The state of Texas executed Licho Escamilla (LEE’-cho es-kuh-MEE’-uh) for the fatal 2001 shooting of Christopher Kevin James, a Dallas police officer who was trying to break up a brawl involving Escamilla.

One year ago: President Donald Trump announced sanctions targeting Turkey’s economy in response to Turkey’s assault against Kurdish fighters and civilians in Syria; the assault had begun after Trump announced that he was moving U.S. troops out of the way. Two researchers from MIT and one from Harvard won the Nobel Prize in economics for research into what works and what doesn’t in the fight to reduce global poverty. Canadian writer Margaret Atwood and British author Bernardine Evaristo shared the Booker Prize after the judging panel for the prestigious fiction trophy refused to pick just one of them as the winner.
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 14, 2020, 10:19:04 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Classical pianist Gary Graffman is 92.
Movie director Carroll Ballard is 83.
Country singer Melba Montgomery is 83.
Former White House counsel John W. Dean III is 82.
Fashion designer Ralph Lauren is 81.
Singer Sir Cliff Richard is 80.
Singer-musician Justin Hayward (The Moody Blues) is 74.
Actor Greg Evigan is 67.
TV personality Arleen Sorkin is 65.
World Golf Hall of Famer Beth Daniel is 64.
Singer-musician Thomas Dolby is 62.
Actor Lori Petty is 57.
Philadelphia Phillies manager Joe Girardi is 56. Actor Steve Coogan is 55.
Singer Karyn White is 55.
Actor Edward Kerr is 54.
Actor Jon Seda is 50.
Country musician Doug Virden is 50.
Country singer Natalie Maines (The Chicks) is 46.
Actor-singer Shaznay Lewis (All Saints) is 45.
Actor Stephen Hill is 44.
Singer Usher is 42.
TV personality Stacy Keibler is 41.
Actor Ben Whishaw is 40.
Actor Jordan Brower is 39.
Director Benh Zeitlin is 38.
Actor Skyler Shaye is 34.
Actor-comedian Jay Pharoah is 33.
Actor Max Thieriot is 32.
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 14, 2020, 10:19:36 AM
Sorry your Bills ran out of gas last night Rick.
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: razgueado on October 14, 2020, 10:27:51 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 14, 2020, 10:40:00 AM
Morning Mr. Raz.
A more normal day ahead?
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on October 14, 2020, 10:46:08 AM
Good morning......walking stick
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: Threebean on October 14, 2020, 10:49:13 AM
Good morning......walking stick
Looks like a long walk.  Morning, Mr. Oy.
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: razgueado on October 14, 2020, 10:49:53 AM
Morning Mr. Raz.
A more normal day ahead?
We can hope.  Yesterday started with chaos, and ended in the late afternoon with a storm and a power outage.  Sheesh.
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 14, 2020, 11:18:48 AM
Morning Tony, Rick, Dean and Bean.
Good morning, ClemsonDave.
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on October 14, 2020, 11:21:37 AM
Good morning......walking stick
Looks like a long walk.  Morning, Mr. Oy.
3 mile loop around the lake and back home.
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on October 14, 2020, 11:22:50 AM
Working evening shift tonight, hate it! 🤢
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 14, 2020, 12:39:39 PM
Working evening shift tonight, hate it!
I was relief Engineer for over 10 years. I swear that was a pain working all those swing shifts. I feel your pain.
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on October 14, 2020, 12:40:43 PM
morning RazMan and DaveOy.
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 14, 2020, 12:42:03 PM
Sorry your Bills ran out of gas last night Rick.
Yeah it was a bit ugly. They will be on the big stage again Monday at 5 vs KC
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 14, 2020, 01:08:32 PM
Sorry your Bills ran out of gas last night Rick.
Yeah it was a bit ugly. They will be on the big stage again Monday at 5 vs KC
And KC will be pissed after getting spanked by the Clemson Raiders.
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 14, 2020, 01:53:19 PM
Swing shift lull?
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: Threebean on October 14, 2020, 02:41:28 PM
La Aroma de Cuba Robusto (5.2"x54)
Pack of 10, $44.99
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 14, 2020, 02:50:04 PM
LSU - Florida game postponed due to 19 Florida players testing positive.

In a related story, Mullen wants full stadium attendance
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/10/florida-dan-mullen-gators-stadium-capacity-coronavirus
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 14, 2020, 02:53:13 PM
Hello, Raz and Oy. Been a busy day and apparently it isn't over...
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on October 14, 2020, 03:04:16 PM
Hello, Raz and Oy. Been a busy day and apparently it isn't over...
not till the fat lady sings 🤫
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: Threebean on October 14, 2020, 03:46:45 PM
New World Cameroon by AJ Fernandez Toro (6.0"x50), Pack of 5, $24.99
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 14, 2020, 03:47:07 PM
Hello, Raz and Oy. Been a busy day and apparently it isn't over...
not till the fat lady sings
What if I identify as a singing fat lady?
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: Threebean on October 14, 2020, 04:49:25 PM
Hello, Raz and Oy. Been a busy day and apparently it isn't over...
not till the fat lady sings
What if I identify as a singing fat lady?
Then you get preferential treatment by the gubmint on bids and such.
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 14, 2020, 07:18:44 PM
Sorry your Bills ran out of gas last night Rick.
Yeah it was a bit ugly. They will be on the big stage again Monday at 5 vs KC
Fun fact - that was the first NFL game to finish 42-16. Well, maybe not fun for Rick.
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 14, 2020, 07:34:39 PM
Sorry your Bills ran out of gas last night Rick.
Yeah it was a bit ugly. They will be on the big stage again Monday at 5 vs KC
Fun fact - that was the first NFL game to finish 42-16. Well, maybe not fun for Rick.
Get this. Bills were 13 for 17 on 3rd down conversions. That's a pretty good percentage. 3 Turnovers will kill you every time.
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 14, 2020, 07:36:31 PM
What a day huh?(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201014/e795e5d43e3577c78046e7f4fe81f4ec.jpg)
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 14, 2020, 07:51:44 PM
What a day huh?(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201014/e795e5d43e3577c78046e7f4fe81f4ec.jpg)
No joke. I pretty much went straight through from 6:30 AM to almost 8:PM. The good news is that I have a ribeye roast and mashed potatoes waiting for me.
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 14, 2020, 08:15:22 PM
What a day huh?(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201014/e795e5d43e3577c78046e7f4fe81f4ec.jpg)
No joke. I pretty much went straight through from 6:30 AM to almost 8:PM. The good news is that I have a ribeye roast and mashed potatoes waiting for me.
Enjoy your dinner. I cooked chicken thighs on the grill and we pulled up tv trays in the living room
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 14, 2020, 08:57:09 PM
Switching back and forth between the Championship Series games. Pretty sure the Dodger game is over already.
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 14, 2020, 10:17:16 PM
Back from a good night of poker. Can afford a few more cigars...
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 14, 2020, 10:18:28 PM
Back from a good night of poker. Can afford a few more cigars...
San Lotano Bull and a Macallan.  All good
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 14, 2020, 10:22:57 PM
What a day huh?(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201014/e795e5d43e3577c78046e7f4fe81f4ec.jpg)
I like that Diesel.  Like the Sherry Cask even more.
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 14, 2020, 11:13:08 PM
Back from a good night of poker. Can afford a few more cigars...
Poke her on Wednesday? Wow, you're really having a good evening.
Title: Re: 10/14/2020
Post by: Threebean on October 14, 2020, 11:44:08 PM
Back from a good night of poker. Can afford a few more cigars...
Poke her on Wednesday? Wow, you're really having a good evening.
He is the White Whale after all.