CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on June 25, 2020, 01:27:06 AM

Title: 6/25/2020
Post by: CigarBanter on June 25, 2020, 01:27:06 AM
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 25, 2020, 06:01:54 AM
Morning, all.
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 25, 2020, 06:03:25 AM
Morning, all.
Right back atcha.
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 25, 2020, 06:49:27 AM
First lull of many?
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 25, 2020, 07:08:59 AM
First lull of many?
Certainly seems like it.
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on June 25, 2020, 07:35:57 AM
good morning Dave and Tony.
not to worry, Monday is just around the corner.
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 25, 2020, 07:43:30 AM
good morning Dave and Tony.
not to worry, Monday is just around the corner.
Not before we get a weekend in. Boom!
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 25, 2020, 08:25:20 AM
good morning Dave and Tony.
not to worry, Monday is just around the corner.
Good morning, Deano. Are you looking to change your plans for the trip back to NY ?
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 25, 2020, 08:33:56 AM
good morning Dave and Tony.
not to worry, Monday is just around the corner.
Good morning, Deano. Are you looking to change your plans for the trip back to NY ?
FuckEmIfTheyCantHandleItDean? I hardly think so. :D
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: Threebean on June 25, 2020, 08:34:43 AM
Good morning Tony, Dave, and Travellin?Dean.  Two red lights again this morning.  We gotta turn this thing around!
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on June 25, 2020, 08:43:04 AM
good morning Dave and Tony.
not to worry, Monday is just around the corner.
Good morning, Deano. Are you looking to change your plans for the trip back to NY ?
my plans have not changed. I am still leaving Wednesday. talked with my daughter last night. she sees no problems.
I'll only worry about gas stations and coffee/fast food take out.
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on June 25, 2020, 08:44:27 AM
good morning Mark.
the lights might have a virus. you may want to consider running them.
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on June 25, 2020, 08:50:10 AM
yesterday it got to 107° here. today they have a heat advisory out. I am curious now about how much hotter it will get.
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 25, 2020, 08:52:32 AM
yesterday it got to 107° here. today they have a heat advisory out. I am curious now about how much hotter it will get.
I guess that throws the whole, "heat is gonna kill this virus" theory right out the window.
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 25, 2020, 08:57:58 AM
Good morning Tony, Dave, and Travellin?Dean.  Two red lights again this morning.  We gotta turn this thing around!
Are you leaving at a different time? Good morning, 3B.
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 25, 2020, 09:44:40 AM
Morning SoonToPuttDave, JustPuttering, AlwaysPuttingDean and PutteringAtRedLightsBean.
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 25, 2020, 09:48:14 AM
Page 2 already,Wow!
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 25, 2020, 09:52:06 AM
Today is Thursday, June 25, the 177th day of 2020. There are 189 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On June 25, 1876, Lt. Col. Colonel George A. Custer and his 7th Cavalry were wiped out by Sioux and Cheyenne Indians in the Battle of the Little Bighorn in Montana.

On this date:
In 1788, Virginia ratified the U.S. Constitution.
In 1867, barbed wire was patented by Lucien B. Smith of Kent, Ohio.
In 1910, President William Howard Taft signed the White-Slave Traffic Act, more popularly known as the Mann Act, which made it illegal to transport women across state lines for “immoral” purposes.

In 1942, Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower was designated Commanding General of the European Theater of Operations during World War II. Some 1,000 British Royal Air Force bombers raided Bremen, Germany.
In 1947, “The Diary of a Young Girl,” the personal journal of Anne Frank, a German-born Jewish girl hiding with her family from the Nazis in Amsterdam during World War II, was first published.
In 1950, war broke out in Korea as forces from the communist North invaded the South.

In 1962, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that recitation of a state-sponsored prayer in New York State public schools was unconstitutional.
In 1973, former White House Counsel John W. Dean began testifying before the Senate Watergate Committee, implicating top administration officials, including President Richard Nixon as well as himself, in the Watergate scandal and cover-up.

In 1990, the U.S. Supreme Court, in its first “right-to-die” decision, ruled that family members could be barred from ending the lives of persistently comatose relatives who had not made their wishes known conclusively.
In 1996, a truck bomb killed 19 Americans and injured hundreds at a U.S. military housing complex in Saudi Arabia.

In 2003, the Recording Industry Association of America threatened to sue hundreds of individual computer users who were illegally sharing music files online.
In 2009, death claimed Michael Jackson, the “King of Pop,” in Los Angeles at age 50 and actress Farrah Fawcett in Santa Monica, California, at age 62.
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 25, 2020, 09:52:48 AM
Ten years ago: Group of Eight leaders, including President Barack Obama, began meeting in Huntsville, Ontario, Canada. BP said its effort to drill a relief well through 2 1/2 miles of rock to stop the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico was on target for completion by mid-August. Edwin Jackson threw the fourth no-hitter of the season, leading the Arizona Diamondbacks to a 1-0 victory over his former team, the Tampa Bay Rays.

Five years ago: The U.S. Supreme Court upheld nationwide tax subsidies under President Barack Obama’s health care overhaul in a 6-3 ruling that preserved health insurance for millions of Americans. Univision’s UniMas network announced it was dropping its Spanish-language coverage of the Miss USA pageant in a spiraling controversy over comments made by Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, a part owner of the Miss Universe pageant, about Mexican immigrants. Actor Patrick Macnee, 93, died in Rancho Mirage, California.

One year ago: Stephanie Grisham, longtime spokeswoman and confidante to Melania Trump, was named to succeed Sarah Sanders as White House press secretary. (She would hold the job for nine months without conducting a formal briefing for reporters.) San Francisco became the first major U.S. city to ban the sale of electronic cigarettes. On the 10th anniversary of the death of Michael Jackson, hundreds of his fans gathered at his grave in Glendale, California for a daylong celebration of his life and music.
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 25, 2020, 09:55:18 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Actress June Lockhart is 95.
Civil rights activist James Meredith is 87.
Rhythm and blues singer Eddie Floyd is 83.
Actress Barbara Montgomery is 81.
Actress Mary Beth Peil (peel) is 80.
Basketball Hall of Famer Willis Reed is 78.
Singer Carly Simon is 75.
Rock musician Ian McDonald (Foreigner; King Crimson) is 74.
Actor-comedian Jimmie Walker is 73.
Actor-director Michael Lembeck is 72.
Rock singer Tim Finn is 68.
Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor is 66.
Rock musician David Paich (Toto) is 66.
Actor Michael Sabatino is 65.
Actor-writer-director Ricky Gervais (jer-VAYZ’) is 59.
Actor John Benjamin Hickey is 57.
Actress Erica Gimpel is 56.
Basketball Hall of Famer Dikembe Mutombo (dih-KEHM’-bay moo-TAHM’-boh) is 54.
-producer Richie Rich is 53.
Contemporary Christian musician Sean Kelly (formerly with Sixpence None the Richer) is 49.
Actress Angela Kinsey is 49.
Rock musician Mike Kroeger (KROO’-gur) (Nickelback) is 48.
Rock musician Mario Calire is 46.
Actress Linda Cardellini is 45.
Actress Busy Philipps is 41.
Jazz musician Joey Alexander is 17.
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 25, 2020, 09:55:41 AM
Six months till Christmas!
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 25, 2020, 09:56:45 AM
Mr. Bean...Your HR department providing masks at work?  Got a safety protocol in place?
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: bluecollar on June 25, 2020, 10:02:12 AM
Good morning guys.
Dean how long you staying in NY?
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 25, 2020, 10:04:39 AM
Dean, Bean and I now share membership in the Persona Non Grata club.
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 25, 2020, 10:05:12 AM
Morning ShuttingUsOutRick.
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 25, 2020, 10:06:15 AM
Decent weekly deal from AJF at CI.

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/weekly-special/?slide=1
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: razgueado on June 25, 2020, 10:06:31 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: Threebean on June 25, 2020, 10:07:52 AM
Mr. Bean...Your HR department providing masks at work?  Got a safety protocol in place?
We suspended our tradition of licking the door knobs on Friday.
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: Threebean on June 25, 2020, 10:11:41 AM
Dean, Bean and I now share membership in the Persona Non Grata club.
(https://media.tenor.com/images/b6815119d7d3eeb6297d5bca2f76d201/tenor.gif)
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 25, 2020, 10:12:10 AM
Mr. Bean...Your HR department providing masks at work?  Got a safety protocol in place?
We suspended our tradition of licking the door knobs on Friday.
Thanks, Obama.
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 25, 2020, 10:12:45 AM
Decent weekly deal from AJF at CI.

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/weekly-special/?slide=1
There's an awful lot of cigar in that sampler.
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 25, 2020, 10:13:07 AM
Six months till Christmas!
You shut your damn mouth.
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: bluecollar on June 25, 2020, 10:16:45 AM
Morning ShuttingUsOutRick.
I just have been really busy. I have been posting in the evening but most have checked out.
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 25, 2020, 10:17:05 AM
Morning Mr. Raz.
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 25, 2020, 10:17:58 AM
Decent weekly deal from AJF at CI.

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/weekly-special/?slide=1
There's an awful lot of cigar in that sampler.
So are you saying you're not quite ready to man up?
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 25, 2020, 10:19:10 AM
Mr. Bean...Your HR department providing masks at work?  Got a safety protocol in place?
We suspended our tradition of licking the door knobs on Friday.
So you are ahead of the government recommendations then.... :o
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: razgueado on June 25, 2020, 10:24:34 AM
Morning Mr. Raz.
Morning, TD.
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 25, 2020, 10:30:53 AM
Decent weekly deal from AJF at CI.

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/weekly-special/?slide=1
There's an awful lot of cigar in that sampler.
So are you saying you're not quite ready to man up?
That's exactly what I'm saying. ;)
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on June 25, 2020, 10:40:08 AM
Good morning guys.
Dean how long you staying in NY?
not sure yet. with your illustrious governor demanding a 14 day quarantine it may be two weeks. 🤣
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on June 25, 2020, 10:41:42 AM
morning Dave, Rick, and Raz.
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on June 25, 2020, 10:47:43 AM
Morning ShuttingUsOutRick.
I just have been really busy. I have been posting in the evening but most have checked out.
most check out before they check in.
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on June 25, 2020, 11:16:58 AM
First lull of many?
I'll second that.
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 25, 2020, 11:42:38 AM
Six months till Christmas!
GFY!
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 25, 2020, 11:50:48 AM
Decent weekly deal from AJF at CI.

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/weekly-special/?slide=1
Not too shabby at all.
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 25, 2020, 12:26:14 PM
Did I also mention I found a 5er of the free Alec Bradley American Sun Growns yesterday?
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 25, 2020, 12:37:03 PM
Morning ShuttingUsOutRick.
I just have been really busy. I have been posting in the evening but most have checked out.
most check out before they check in.
Hotel Saratoga?   ???
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 25, 2020, 12:38:11 PM
Did I also mention I found a 5er of the free Alec Bradley American Sun Growns yesterday?
You did not.  Does that mean you might actually smoke something?
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 25, 2020, 12:38:46 PM
Lunchtime and page 4 already!   :P
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 25, 2020, 12:44:55 PM
Did I also mention I found a 5er of the free Alec Bradley American Sun Growns yesterday?
You did not.  Does that mean you might actually smoke something?
Not a chance.
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 25, 2020, 01:02:44 PM
Did I also mention I found a 5er of the free Alec Bradley American Sun Growns yesterday?
The free ones were the Classics.
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 25, 2020, 01:14:49 PM
Did I also mention I found a 5er of the free Alec Bradley American Sun Growns yesterday?
The free ones were the Classics.
You are correct, sir.
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 25, 2020, 01:28:00 PM
Did I also mention I found a 5er of the free Alec Bradley American Sun Growns yesterday?
The free ones were the Classics.
You are correct, sir.
I'm gonna have that crocheted on a pillow and give it to my wife.
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 25, 2020, 01:47:50 PM
Did I also mention I found a 5er of the free Alec Bradley American Sun Growns yesterday?
The free ones were the Classics.
You are correct, sir.
I'm gonna have that crocheted on a pillow and give it to my wife.
My wife crochets, so you can put your order in here.
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 25, 2020, 01:53:53 PM
Did I also mention I found a 5er of the free Alec Bradley American Sun Growns yesterday?
The free ones were the Classics.
You are correct, sir.
I'm gonna have that crocheted on a pillow and give it to my wife.
My wife crochets, so you can put your order in here.
Does she operate on the same schedule you do with updating the banter? ;)
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 25, 2020, 01:55:12 PM
Say goodbye to Splash Mountain as you know it:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/davidmack/splash-mountain-ride-disney-change-princess-frog?utm_source=dynamic&utm_campaign=bffbbuzzfeed&ref=bffbbuzzfeed&&fbclid=IwAR0hAiEt3mQK2ipFfCDcYLWGcMwxgFcdds3KQ0FUWeFnFtnb6pKJlRlGDxI
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 25, 2020, 02:16:09 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 25, 2020, 02:28:29 PM
Did I also mention I found a 5er of the free Alec Bradley American Sun Growns yesterday?
The free ones were the Classics.
You are correct, sir.
I'm gonna have that crocheted on a pillow and give it to my wife.
My wife crochets, so you can put your order in here.
Does she operate on the same schedule you do with updating the banter? ;)
Might be even worse. She was making a blanket per day for a while. Now she's been working on the same one for the last 18 months.
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 25, 2020, 02:32:26 PM
Into the afternoon.
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 25, 2020, 02:32:54 PM
Did I also mention I found a 5er of the free Alec Bradley American Sun Growns yesterday?
The free ones were the Classics.
You are correct, sir.
I'm gonna have that crocheted on a pillow and give it to my wife.
My wife crochets, so you can put your order in here.
Does she operate on the same schedule you do with updating the banter? ;)
Ouch!
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 25, 2020, 02:33:37 PM
Did I also mention I found a 5er of the free Alec Bradley American Sun Growns yesterday?
The free ones were the Classics.
You are correct, sir.
I'm gonna have that crocheted on a pillow and give it to my wife.
My wife crochets, so you can put your order in here.
Does she operate on the same schedule you do with updating the banter? ;)
Might be even worse. She was making a blanket per day for a while. Now she's been working on the same one for the last 18 months.
Sounds like you're in synch then.
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 25, 2020, 02:40:13 PM
Did I also mention I found a 5er of the free Alec Bradley American Sun Growns yesterday?
The free ones were the Classics.
You are correct, sir.
I'm gonna have that crocheted on a pillow and give it to my wife.
My wife crochets, so you can put your order in here.
Does she operate on the same schedule you do with updating the banter? ;)
Might be even worse. She was making a blanket per day for a while. Now she's been working on the same one for the last 18 months.
Sounds like you're in synch then.
Yup.
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: bluecollar on June 25, 2020, 07:31:07 PM
Good morning guys.
Dean how long you staying in NY?
not sure yet. with your illustrious governor demanding a 14 day quarantine it may be two weeks.
Cut New York in half. WNY is on a different channel.
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: bluecollar on June 25, 2020, 08:33:40 PM
Good morning guys.
Dean how long you staying in NY?
not sure yet. with your illustrious governor demanding a 14 day quarantine it may be two weeks.
Cut New York in half. WNY is on a different channel.
I walked the dogs, cut the lawn, and went for a bike ride. Espinosa Habano on
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on June 25, 2020, 09:07:28 PM
USA!
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: Threebean on June 25, 2020, 09:26:23 PM
USA!
Hell yeah!
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 25, 2020, 09:44:07 PM
USA!
Those Presidents rock!
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: razgueado on June 25, 2020, 09:58:26 PM
This was a brutal day, but ended in success.  Rock the fuck on.
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on June 25, 2020, 10:19:28 PM
This was a brutal day, but ended in success.  Rock the fuck on.
hells yea! I also had a happy ending 😂
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 25, 2020, 10:23:46 PM
This was a brutal day, but ended in success.  Rock the fuck on.
hells yea! I also had a happy ending 😂
Braggart!
Title: Re: 6/25/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 25, 2020, 10:24:24 PM
Good evening!