CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on September 13, 2019, 12:00:12 AM

Title: 9/13/2019
Post by: CigarBanter on September 13, 2019, 12:00:12 AM
It's Friday the 13th! Any deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 13, 2019, 05:26:39 AM
Morning, slackers.
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2019, 06:14:43 AM
Good morning, LTG.
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 13, 2019, 06:38:47 AM
Good morning, LTG.
Morning, Tony. Thinking about your commute cigar yet? Lol
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2019, 06:38:58 AM
Triskaidekaphobia lull?
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2019, 06:40:04 AM
Good morning, LTG.
Morning, Tony. Thinking about your commute cigar yet? Lol
Absolutely. May smoke one of the Cubans I received. Let's see how the day shakes out.
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 13, 2019, 07:00:34 AM
Triskaidekaphobia lull?
(https://media1.giphy.com/media/NKBc1zpXB47Xa/giphy.gif)
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 13, 2019, 07:10:27 AM
Morning Mr Mayor and LTGDave. Greetings from Baaaaston.
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 13, 2019, 07:12:26 AM
A bit chilly, but enjoying an EPC New Wave Reserva with the morning coffee.
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 13, 2019, 07:32:34 AM
TGIF. Regardless of trickydickaphobia...
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 13, 2019, 07:41:57 AM
Morning Mr Mayor and LTGDave. Greetings from Baaaaston.
Morning, ya bastahd.
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on September 13, 2019, 07:52:08 AM
good morning Daves and Tony.
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2019, 08:02:19 AM
A bit chilly, but enjoying an EPC New Wave Reserva with the morning coffee.
Great way to start the day. Good morning, MADave.
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2019, 08:02:54 AM
good morning Daves and Tony.
Good morning, Dean. What's on fire?
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on September 13, 2019, 08:20:25 AM
good morning Daves and Tony.
Good morning, Dean. What's on fire?
about half way through an Oliva O maduro and on my 2nd cup of coffee.
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on September 13, 2019, 08:21:22 AM
Morning Mr Mayor and LTGDave. Greetings from Baaaaston.
is that even a part of the US anymore?
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2019, 08:22:00 AM
Morning Mr Mayor and LTGDave. Greetings from Baaaaston.
is that even a part of the US anymore?
Pretty sure.
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 13, 2019, 08:24:46 AM
Morning Mr Mayor and LTGDave. Greetings from Baaaaston.
is that even a part of the US anymore?
That's what I wonder about FL after every hurricane passes by. Lol
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on September 13, 2019, 08:37:29 AM
Morning Mr Mayor and LTGDave. Greetings from Baaaaston.
is that even a part of the US anymore?
That's what I wonder about FL after every hurricane passes by. Lol
it would make a nice island with all the other Islanders coming here after they lose their homes from storms. you would think Northerners would start avoiding this state and go no further south than the Carolinas.
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 13, 2019, 09:04:02 AM
Morning Mr Mayor and LTGDave. Greetings from Baaaaston.
is that even a part of the US anymore?
That's what I wonder about FL after every hurricane passes by. Lol
it would make a nice island with all the other Islanders coming here after they lose their homes from storms. you would think Northerners would start avoiding this state and go no further south than the Carolinas.
You would think.
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 13, 2019, 09:14:11 AM
"By the way today we have the cleanest air, we have the cleanest water that we’ve ever had in the history of our country. Let’s say the history of our country over the last 25 years, I would say that the first few years they probably had cleaner air and cleaner water because there was nobody here.”  -Drumpf

Let's all take a moment and let this sink in.
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2019, 09:20:05 AM
"By the way today we have the cleanest air, we have the cleanest water that we’ve ever had in the history of our country. Let’s say the history of our country over the last 25 years, I would say that the first few years they probably had cleaner air and cleaner water because there was nobody here.”  -Drumpf

Let's all take a moment and let this sink in.
???
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on September 13, 2019, 09:31:00 AM
bacon and eggs cooking
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 13, 2019, 09:33:35 AM
"By the way today we have the cleanest air, we have the cleanest water that we’ve ever had in the history of our country. Let’s say the history of our country over the last 25 years, I would say that the first few years they probably had cleaner air and cleaner water because there was nobody here.”  -Drumpf

Let's all take a moment and let this sink in.
???
I especially love how he's somehow taking credit for the programs Obama put into place, that's he's now repealing. If this guy isn't the reason we ratified the 25th Amendment, then no one ever will be.
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 13, 2019, 09:36:03 AM
Morning Mr Mayor and LTGDave. Greetings from Baaaaston.
is that even a part of the US anymore?
It's the Haaat of Murica.
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 13, 2019, 09:36:42 AM
Morning Mr Mayor and LTGDave. Greetings from Baaaaston.
is that even a part of the US anymore?
That's what I wonder about FL after every hurricane passes by. Lol
it would make a nice island with all the other Islanders coming here after they lose their homes from storms. you would think Northerners would start avoiding this state and go no further south than the Carolinas.
Good idea!
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 13, 2019, 09:38:18 AM
Morning Deano.
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 13, 2019, 09:39:50 AM
Morning Mr Mayor and LTGDave. Greetings from Baaaaston.
is that even a part of the US anymore?
That's what I wonder about FL after every hurricane passes by. Lol
it would make a nice island with all the other Islanders coming here after they lose their homes from storms. you would think Northerners would start avoiding this state and go no further south than the Carolinas.
Question.....weren't you a northerner that went to Florida?
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 13, 2019, 09:41:53 AM
Hope Mr. Bean's planned evening of relaxation worked out.
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 13, 2019, 09:47:11 AM
Morning Mr Mayor and LTGDave. Greetings from Baaaaston.
is that even a part of the US anymore?
That's what I wonder about FL after every hurricane passes by. Lol
it would make a nice island with all the other Islanders coming here after they lose their homes from storms. you would think Northerners would start avoiding this state and go no further south than the Carolinas.
Question.....weren't you a northerner that went to Florida?
Details, baby. Details.
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 13, 2019, 09:49:20 AM
Today is Friday, Sept. 13, the 256th day of 2019. There are 109 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:
On Sept. 13, 2001, two days after the 9/11 terror attacks, the first few jetliners returned to the nation's skies, but several major airports remained closed and others opened only briefly. President George W. Bush visited injured Pentagon workers and said he would carry the nation's prayers to New York.

On this date:
In 1788, the Congress of the Confederation authorized the first national election, and declared New York City the temporary national capital.
In 1814, during the War of 1812, British naval forces began bombarding Fort McHenry in Baltimore but were driven back by American defenders in a battle that lasted until the following morning.
In 1860, General of the Armies of the United States John J. Pershing was born in Laclede, Mo.
In 1948, Republican Margaret Chase Smith of Maine was elected to the U.S. Senate; she became the first woman to serve in both houses of Congress.
In 1962, Mississippi Gov. Ross Barnett rejected the U.S. Supreme Court's order for the University of Mississippi to admit James Meredith, a black student, declaring in a televised address, "We will not drink from the cup of genocide."
In 1971, a four-day inmates' rebellion at the Attica Correctional Facility in western New York ended as police and guards stormed the prison; the ordeal and final assault claimed the lives of 32 inmates and 11 hostages.
In 1993, at the White House, Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin and PLO chairman Yasser Arafat shook hands after signing an accord granting limited Palestinian autonomy.
In 1996, rapper Tupac Shakur died at a Las Vegas hospital six days after he was wounded in a drive-by shooting; he was 25.
In 1997, funeral services were held in Calcutta, India, for Nobel peace laureate Mother Teresa.
In 1998, former Alabama Gov. George C. Wallace died in Montgomery at age 79.
In 2008, rescue crews ventured out to pluck people from their homes in an all-out search for thousands of Texans who had stubbornly stayed behind overnight to face Hurricane Ike.
In 2017, firefighters who were called to a sweltering nursing home in Hollywood, Florida, where air conditioning had been knocked out by Hurricane Irma found three people dead and evacuated 145 others to hospitals; five others died later in the day. Former Republican Sen. Pete Domenici (doh-MEN'-ih-chee), New Mexico's longest-serving senator, died in Albuquerque at the age of 85.
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 13, 2019, 09:51:15 AM
Ten years ago: The body of missing Yale University graduate student Annie Le (lay) was found behind a research lab wall on what would have been her wedding day. (A lab technician, Raymond Clark III, was later sentenced to 44 years in prison for murdering Le.) Kim Clijsters, capping a comeback from two years out of tennis, became the first unseeded woman to win the U.S. Open as she defeated No. 9 Caroline Wozniacki, 7-5, 6-3. At the MTV Video Music Awards, Taylor Swift's acceptance speech for best female video for "You Belong with Me" was disrupted by Kanye West, who took the microphone to praise Beyonce's video of "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)."

Five years ago: Islamic State extremists released a video showing the beheading of British aid worker David Haines, who had been abducted in Syria the previous year; British Prime Minister David Cameron condemned the slaying as "an act of pure evil." Former baseball player Frank Torre, who'd played seven seasons in the majors with the Milwaukee Braves and Philadelphia Phillies, died in Palm Beach, Florida, at age 82.

One year ago: Sen. Dianne Feinstein, the top Democrat on the Judiciary Committee, said she had notified federal investigators about information she received concerning Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh from a person who "strongly requested confidentiality." (The person was Christine Blasey Ford, who alleged that she was sexually assaulted by Kavanaugh when they were teens.) President Donald Trump dismissed the finding of public health experts who estimated that nearly 3,000 people had died in Puerto Rico from the effects of Hurricane Maria. New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo easily beat back a Democratic primary challenge from activist and actress Cynthia Nixon. A series of gas explosions in three towns north of Boston killed a teen driver in his car, injured more than two dozen others and left dozens of homes in ruins.
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 13, 2019, 09:54:26 AM
Today's Birthdays:

Actress Barbara Bain is 88.
Actress Eileen Fulton (TV: "As the World Turns") is 86.
Actor Joe E. Tata is 83.
TV producer Fred Silverman is 82.
Rock singer David Clayton-Thomas (Blood, Sweat & Tears) is 78.
Actress Jacqueline Bisset is 75.
Peter Cetera is 75.
Actress Christine Estabrook is 69.
Actress Jean Smart is 68.
Singer Randy Jones (The Village People) is 67.
Record producer Don Was is 67.
Actor Isiah Whitlock Jr. is 65.
Actress-comedian Geri Jewell is 63.
Country singer Bobbie Cryner is 58.
Rock singer-musician Dave Mustaine (Megadeth) is 58.
Radio-TV personality Tavis Smiley is 55.
Rock musician Zak Starkey is 54.
Actor/comedian Jeff Ross is 54.
Actor Louis Mandylor is 53.
Olympic gold medal runner Michael Johnson is 52.
Rock musician Steve Perkins is 52.
Actor Roger Howarth is 51.
Actor Dominic Fumusa is 50.
Actress Louise Lombard is 49.
Tennis player Goran Ivanisevic (ee-van-EE'-seh-vihch) is 48.
Country singer Aaron Benward (Blue County) is 46.
Country musician Joe Don Rooney (Rascal Flatts) is 44.
Actor Scott Vickaryous is 44.
Singer Fiona Apple is 42.
Contemporary Christian musician Hector Cervantes (Casting Crowns) is 39.
Former MLB pitcher Daisuke Matsuzaka is 39.
Actor Ben Savage is 39.
Rock singer Niall Horan (One Direction) is 26.
Actor Mitch Holleman is 24.
Actress Lili Reinhart (TV: "Riverdale") is 23.
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on September 13, 2019, 09:54:34 AM
come and get it.
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 13, 2019, 09:57:38 AM
Jackie Bisset...sigh....
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 13, 2019, 09:58:24 AM
come and get it.
I just saw Tony heading for his car.
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 13, 2019, 09:59:17 AM
Thought for Today: "'Be yourself' is about the worst advice you can give to some people." — J.B. Priestley, British novelist (born this date in 1894, died 1984).
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on September 13, 2019, 10:01:52 AM
Morning Mr Mayor and LTGDave. Greetings from Baaaaston.
is that even a part of the US anymore?
That's what I wonder about FL after every hurricane passes by. Lol
it would make a nice island with all the other Islanders coming here after they lose their homes from storms. you would think Northerners would start avoiding this state and go no further south than the Carolinas.
Question.....weren't you a northerner that went to Florida?
actually, I was a NY import from Southern California. not that I ever want to be associated with that commie state of pussies.
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 13, 2019, 10:02:07 AM
Sorry I was late with history and birthdays, had to get the passcode to the interwebz.
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 13, 2019, 10:03:15 AM
Morning Mr Mayor and LTGDave. Greetings from Baaaaston.
is that even a part of the US anymore?
That's what I wonder about FL after every hurricane passes by. Lol
it would make a nice island with all the other Islanders coming here after they lose their homes from storms. you would think Northerners would start avoiding this state and go no further south than the Carolinas.
Question.....weren't you a northerner that went to Florida?
actually, I was a NY import from Southern California. not that I ever want to be associated with that commie state of pussies.
We already know those Cali expatriots colonize everywhere...
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on September 13, 2019, 10:05:12 AM
Jackie Bisset...sigh....
and Barbara Bain still looks good for 88.
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on September 13, 2019, 10:08:44 AM
Morning Mr Mayor and LTGDave. Greetings from Baaaaston.
is that even a part of the US anymore?
That's what I wonder about FL after every hurricane passes by. Lol
it would make a nice island with all the other Islanders coming here after they lose their homes from storms. you would think Northerners would start avoiding this state and go no further south than the Carolinas.
Question.....weren't you a northerner that went to Florida?
actually, I was a NY import from Southern California. not that I ever want to be associated with that commie state of pussies.
We already know those Cali expatriots colonize everywhere...
that was the problem with the hippie movement in the 60's into California. they fried their brains and were turned into 'what we have today'. I'm sure the majority of the homeless problem there today is a result of their breeding.
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 13, 2019, 10:12:53 AM
Morning Mr Mayor and LTGDave. Greetings from Baaaaston.
is that even a part of the US anymore?
That's what I wonder about FL after every hurricane passes by. Lol
it would make a nice island with all the other Islanders coming here after they lose their homes from storms. you would think Northerners would start avoiding this state and go no further south than the Carolinas.
Question.....weren't you a northerner that went to Florida?
actually, I was a NY import from Southern California. not that I ever want to be associated with that commie state of pussies.
We already know those Cali expatriots colonize everywhere...
That might explain a few things though...
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 13, 2019, 10:13:33 AM
Sis is offering up the Southern Draw sampler as a weekly offering.

https://www.cigar.com/p/southern-draw-5-star-sampler/2020260/?slide=1
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 13, 2019, 10:15:26 AM
Jackie Bisset...sigh....
and Barbara Bain still looks good for 88.
But...before was a little better...
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on September 13, 2019, 10:16:38 AM
Jackie Bisset...sigh....
and Barbara Bain still looks good for 88.
But...before was a little better...
I'd still do her. ☺
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on September 13, 2019, 10:17:20 AM
Sis is offering up the Southern Draw sampler as a weekly offering.

https://www.cigar.com/p/southern-draw-5-star-sampler/2020260/?slide=1
not a bad price.
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2019, 10:25:19 AM
come and get it.
I just saw Tony heading for his car.
Too busy fighting off phishing scams.
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2019, 10:27:06 AM
Jackie Bisset...sigh....
and Barbara Bain still looks good for 88.
But...before was a little better...
I'd still do her.
That was never in question.
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 13, 2019, 10:27:26 AM
Jackie Bisset...sigh....
and Barbara Bain still looks good for 88.
But...before was a little better...
I'd still do her. ☺
Yeah, we figured.  ;D
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 13, 2019, 10:47:54 AM
Jackie Bisset...sigh....
and Barbara Bain still looks good for 88.
But...before was a little better...
I'd still do her.
That was never in question.
Yea, really, who was surprised by that statement???
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on September 13, 2019, 10:57:14 AM
guess you guys know me well.
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2019, 11:05:25 AM
guess you guys know me well.
But not too well.
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 13, 2019, 11:38:01 AM
Light Friday...people doing summer hours still?
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on September 13, 2019, 11:42:16 AM
of course it's in the Villages. friendliest town in Florida.
Beer-drinking man arrested after firing gun at his oven at apartment complex.
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 13, 2019, 11:45:42 AM
Eddie Money, dead at 70.  Hope he got his two tickets.
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on September 13, 2019, 12:10:36 PM
nap time
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2019, 01:02:03 PM
Eddie Money, dead at 70.  Hope he got his two tickets.
Oh dang. Always liked his stuff. RIP.
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 13, 2019, 02:14:56 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 13, 2019, 02:42:08 PM
Giving a GoTF Nightwatch a go.
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 13, 2019, 03:45:22 PM
Giving a GoTF Nightwatch a go.
Dean choice lull.
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: Threebean on September 13, 2019, 04:42:20 PM
Happy Friday the 13th afternoon, gents. Hopefully that doesn't booger up my travel home today.
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: Threebean on September 13, 2019, 04:44:46 PM
Hope Mr. Bean's planned evening of relaxation worked out.
It was, indeed. We have four guys up here so had a good time.
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 13, 2019, 05:08:19 PM
Hope Mr. Bean's planned evening of relaxation worked out.
It was, indeed. We have four guys up here so had a good time.
About wrapping that job up?  Good travels this evening.
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: Threebean on September 13, 2019, 05:31:42 PM
Hope Mr. Bean's planned evening of relaxation worked out.
It was, indeed. We have four guys up here so had a good time.
About wrapping that job up?  Good travels this evening.
Thanks. We have another two months.  Started in June, so everyone is ready to be done.
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: Threebean on September 13, 2019, 10:55:18 PM
Two hour flight delay lull. Oof....
Title: Re: 9/13/2019
Post by: Threebean on September 13, 2019, 10:55:41 PM
Two hour flight delay lull. Oof....