CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on January 04, 2019, 12:07:29 AM

Title: 1/4/2019
Post by: CigarBanter on January 04, 2019, 12:07:29 AM
It's Friday! Any deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 04, 2019, 05:08:18 AM
Morning All
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 04, 2019, 05:12:00 AM
58° this morning with another yuk cloudy day, rain tonight before clearing and turning colder tomorrow.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 04, 2019, 05:15:18 AM
One hell of a wreck down Dean’s way!

7 killed, 7 injured in fiery crash with fuel spill on I-75 near Gainesville, FL

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-ne-fiery-crash-gainesville-i75-20190103-story.html
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 04, 2019, 05:29:25 AM
Cup of Hot Cuban Espresso tastes extra good this morning for some reason.

Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 04, 2019, 06:02:02 AM
America’s Drunkest States

- Top 5

5. Illinois
4. Montana
3. Alaska
2. Wisconsin
1. North Dakota

- Bottom 5

50. Tennessee
49. West Virginia
48. Utah
47. Alabama
46. Mississippi
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 04, 2019, 06:02:47 AM
SHEESH!
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 04, 2019, 06:22:45 AM
Even my dogs are sleeping in this morning
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 04, 2019, 06:49:07 AM
Morning sex lull?
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 04, 2019, 06:56:49 AM
Morning sex lull?
Guilty
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 04, 2019, 06:56:56 AM
Morning sex lull?
I wish.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 04, 2019, 06:57:37 AM
Morning sex lull?
Guilty
Aren't you at work?
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 04, 2019, 07:00:14 AM
Morning sex lull?
I wish.
I don't even.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 04, 2019, 07:01:24 AM
Good morning, Daves and ImBringinSexyBackRick.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 04, 2019, 07:01:52 AM
Today in History

Today is Friday, Jan. 4, the fourth day of 2019. There are 361 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:

On Jan. 4, 1965, President Lyndon B. Johnson delivered his State of the Union address in which he outlined the goals of his "Great Society."
On this date:
In 1896, Utah was admitted as the 45th state.
In 1904, the U.S. Supreme Court, in Gonzalez v. Williams, ruled that Puerto Ricans were not aliens and could enter the United States freely; however, the court stopped short of declaring them citizens. (Puerto Ricans received U.S. citizenship in March 1917.)
In 1935, President Franklin D. Roosevelt, in his State of the Union address, called for legislation to provide assistance for the jobless, elderly, impoverished children and the handicapped.
In 1943, for the second time, Soviet dictator Josef Stalin made the cover of TIME as the magazine's 1942 "Man of the Year."
In 1951, during the Korean War, North Korean and Communist Chinese forces recaptured the city of Seoul (sohl).
In 1960, author and philosopher Albert Camus (al-BEHR' kah-MOO') died in an automobile accident in Villeblevin, France, at age 46.
In 1964, Pope Paul VI began a visit to the Holy Land, the first papal pilgrimage of its kind.
In 1974, President Richard Nixon refused to hand over tape recordings and documents subpoenaed by the Senate Watergate Committee.
In 1987, 16 people were killed when an Amtrak train bound from Washington, D.C., to Boston collided with Conrail locomotives that had crossed into its path from a side track in Chase, Maryland.
In 1995, the 104th Congress convened, the first entirely under Republican control since the Eisenhower era.
In 2002, Sgt. 1st Class Nathan Ross Chapman, a U.S. Army Special Forces soldier, was killed by small-arms fire during an ambush in eastern Afghanistan; he was the first American military death from enemy fire in the war against terrorism.
In 2006, the U.S. Supreme Court agreed that Jose Padilla (hoh-ZAY' puh-DIL'-uh), held for 3 1/2 years as an "enemy combatant," could be transferred to civilian authorities in Miami.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 04, 2019, 07:02:35 AM
Ten years ago: New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson announced he was withdrawing his nomination to be President-elect Barack Obama's commerce secretary amid a grand jury investigation into how some of his political donors had won a lucrative state contract. (Prosecutors later declined to bring charges against Richardson.) A female suicide bomber struck Shiite pilgrims in Baghdad, killing 38.

Five years ago: The city center of Iraq's Fallujah fell completely into the hands of fighters from the al-Qaida-linked Islamic State in Iraq and Levant. Thirty-one workers were killed in the collapse of a building under construction in Canacona, Goa, in southern India.

One year ago: The Trump administration moved to vastly expand offshore drilling from the Atlantic to the Arctic oceans with a five-year plan that would open up federal waters off of California for the first time in decades and possibly open new areas of oil and gas exploration along the East Coast. A massive winter storm roared into the East Coast, dumping as much as 17 inches of snow in some areas. The Dow Jones Industrial Average burst through the 25,000 mark, closing at 25,075.13 just five weeks after its first close above 24,000. Ray Thomas, a founding member of the British rock group the Moody Blues, died at his home south of London at the age of 76, months before the band would be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 04, 2019, 07:04:28 AM
Today's Birthdays:
Actress Barbara Rush is 92.
Football Hall of Fame coach Don Shula is 89.
Opera singer Grace Bumbry is 82.
Actress Dyan Cannon is 80.
Author-historian Doris Kearns Goodwin is 76.
Country singer Kathy Forester (The Forester Sisters) is 64.
Actress Ann Magnuson is 63.
Rock musician Bernard Sumner (New Order, Joy Division) is 63.
Country singer Patty Loveless is 62.
Actor Julian Sands is 61.
Rock singer Michael Stipe is 59.
Actor Patrick Cassidy is 57.
Actor Dave Foley is 56.
Actress Dot Jones is 55.
ctor Rick Hearst is 54.
Singer-musician Cait O'Riordan is 54.
Actress Julia Ormond is 54.
Tennis player Guy Forget (ghee fohr-ZHAY') is 54.
Country singer Deana Carter is 53.
Rock musician Benjamin Darvill (Crash Test Dummies) is 52.
Actor Josh Stamberg is 49.
Actor Jeremy Licht is 48.
Actor Damon Gupton is 46.
Actress-singer Jill Marie Jones is 44.
Actress D'Arcy Carden is 39.
Alt-country singer Justin Townes Earle is 37.
Christian rock singer Spencer Chamberlain (Underoath) is 36.
Actress Lenora Crichlow is 34.
Comedian-actress Charlyne Yi is 33.
Actress-singer Coco Jones is 21.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 04, 2019, 07:06:19 AM
Thought for Today: "What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." — T.S. Eliot (1888-1965).
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 04, 2019, 07:07:40 AM
Morning sex lull?
Guilty
Aren't you at work?
I actually got up with my Wife. It's her birthday. I go back to work this weekend. I have been off for 2 weeks. Today is all about her and maybe I'll get lucky
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 04, 2019, 07:08:35 AM
Morning HoldingDownTheFortDave, LittleSumpinSumpinRick and Mr. Mayor.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 04, 2019, 07:09:23 AM
America’s Drunkest States

- Top 5

5. Illinois
4. Montana
3. Alaska
2. Wisconsin
1. North Dakota

- Bottom 5

50. Tennessee
49. West Virginia
48. Utah
47. Alabama
46. Mississippi
Buffalo has to be in top 10 of drunkest cities.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 04, 2019, 07:09:33 AM
Morning sex lull?
Guilty
Aren't you at work?
I actually got up with my Wife. It's her birthday. I go back to work this weekend. I have been off for 2 weeks. Today is all about her and maybe I'll get lucky
Of course good luck with that!
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 04, 2019, 07:10:34 AM
America’s Drunkest States

- Top 5

5. Illinois
4. Montana
3. Alaska
2. Wisconsin
1. North Dakota

- Bottom 5

50. Tennessee
49. West Virginia
48. Utah
47. Alabama
46. Mississippi
Buffalo has to be in top 10 of drunkest cities.
Tennessee more sober than Utah?  You gotta be kidding.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 04, 2019, 07:13:31 AM
Morning sex lull?
Guilty
Aren't you at work?
I actually got up with my Wife. It's her birthday. I go back to work this weekend. I have been off for 2 weeks. Today is all about her and maybe I'll get lucky
Well happy birthday to her and Don Shula!
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 04, 2019, 07:14:10 AM
Thought for Today: "What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." — T.S. Eliot (1888-1965).
This deserves an eye roll.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 04, 2019, 07:15:26 AM
America’s Drunkest States

- Top 5

5. Illinois
4. Montana
3. Alaska
2. Wisconsin
1. North Dakota

- Bottom 5

50. Tennessee
49. West Virginia
48. Utah
47. Alabama
46. Mississippi
Buffalo has to be in top 10 of drunkest cities.
Tennessee more sober than Utah?  You gotta be kidding.
I was about to make the same comment. I'd love to see the actual numbers on this one.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 04, 2019, 07:22:48 AM
America’s Drunkest States

- Top 5

5. Illinois
4. Montana
3. Alaska
2. Wisconsin
1. North Dakota

- Bottom 5

50. Tennessee
49. West Virginia
48. Utah
47. Alabama
46. Mississippi
Buffalo has to be in top 10 of drunkest cities.
Tennessee more sober than Utah?  You gotta be kidding.
I was about to make the same comment. I'd love to see the actual numbers on this one.
It is on a per capital basis

https://www.liquor.com/articles/these-are-the-10-drunkest-states-in-america/
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 04, 2019, 07:24:05 AM
Thought for Today: "What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." — T.S. Eliot (1888-1965).
This deserves an eye roll.
Just An eye roll does not do justice for this one

Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 04, 2019, 07:25:53 AM
Morning GotItUpForHisWifeBlue, T Dave & MayorDontWantNone.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 04, 2019, 07:28:27 AM
Morning sex lull?
Guilty
Aren't you at work?
I actually got up with my Wife. It's her birthday. I go back to work this weekend. I have been off for 2 weeks. Today is all about her and maybe I'll get lucky
Well happy birthday to her and Don Shula!
Happy Birthday and Best Wishes to the Warden.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 04, 2019, 07:36:21 AM
good morning guys. I slept in.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 04, 2019, 07:37:37 AM
good morning guys. I slept in.
I just wrote out a request to gather bail money for you.

Morning Dean’O
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 04, 2019, 07:38:11 AM
One hell of a wreck down Dean’s way!

7 killed, 7 injured in fiery crash with fuel spill on I-75 near Gainesville, FL

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-ne-fiery-crash-gainesville-i75-20190103-story.html
terrible.
that's why I try to stay off 75, 4, 10, and most interstates if I can.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 04, 2019, 07:39:55 AM
Morning sex lull?
Guilty
Aren't you at work?
I actually got up with my Wife. It's her birthday. I go back to work this weekend. I have been off for 2 weeks. Today is all about her and maybe I'll get lucky
has it been 2 weeks already Rick?
say Happy Happy to the Mrs for me.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 04, 2019, 07:40:02 AM
Crazy nightmare woke me up at 4:00 a.m. while everyone else slept in this morning, FMTT’s
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 04, 2019, 07:41:59 AM
Thought for Today: "What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." — T.S. Eliot (1888-1965).
OMG. the beginning is the end but the end is the beginning? nothing in the middle? I'm confused.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 04, 2019, 07:43:17 AM
Not a bad offer at the Sister

Tatuaje Havana VI Nobles (Robusto) (5.0"x50) Pack of 25 for $99.99  FS

https://www.cigar.com/daily-cigar-deal/
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 04, 2019, 07:45:55 AM
I gotta start packing for business meetings in St Augustine this weekend. leaving at 5:30am tomorrow and head back Sunday afternoon. going to see my friend JC the Cuban Cigar Roller before I head back, then Monday meeting in JAX, got a date at the beach with the JAX lady.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 04, 2019, 07:47:05 AM
Santa Clara, get ready...

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25671936/clemson-football-tradition-tiger-paw-two-dollar-bills
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 04, 2019, 07:47:39 AM
I gotta start packing for business meetings in St Augustine this weekend. leaving at 5:30am tomorrow and head back Sunday afternoon. going to see my friend JC the Cuban Cigar Roller before I head back, then Monday meeting in JAX, got a date at the beach with the JAX lady.
Sounds like you better rest up!
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 04, 2019, 07:53:23 AM
Santa Clara, get ready...

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25671936/clemson-football-tradition-tiger-paw-two-dollar-bills
Yeah, Santa Clara get ready, have plenty of dope available.

SANTA CLARA, CA (WIS) - Clemson defensive tackle Dexter Lawrence and two other Clemson players will miss the College Football Playoff National Championship this Monday against Alabama.

Lawrence, tight end Braden Galloway, and offensive lineman Zach Giella were suspended for the Cotton Bowl after failing a drug test, which found ostarine in their systems.

According to the NCAA website, any student-athlete who tests positive for a performance-enhancing drug will lose “one full year of eligibility for the first offense (25 percent of their total eligibility) and are withheld from competition for 365 days from the date of the test.”

Lawrence, Galloway, and Giella will be allowed to travel with the team to Santa Clara.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 04, 2019, 08:07:01 AM
Muslim congresswoman from Michigan calls Trump a MotherFucker.

https://www.newsweek.com/congresswoman-rashida-tliab-refers-donald-trump-speech-tells-crowd-democrats-1279078
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 04, 2019, 08:16:48 AM
Morning sex lull?
Guilty
Aren't you at work?
I actually got up with my Wife. It's her birthday. I go back to work this weekend. I have been off for 2 weeks. Today is all about her and maybe I'll get lucky
Well happy birthday to her and Don Shula!
Happy Birthday and Best Wishes to the Warden.
Thank you Dave
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: sfish on January 04, 2019, 08:16:57 AM
@NJDave: From last night:

In Hamburg I smoked a Belle Artes Maduro (excellent) and a Davidoff 702 (Mushroomy start but got better). We weren't there as long as I would have liked. I purchased a Wise Man and  a Vagas Cubanas (MF). I also smoked a La Gran Oferta on New Year's Eve which I thought was really good
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 04, 2019, 08:22:01 AM
I gotta start packing for business meetings in St Augustine this weekend. leaving at 5:30am tomorrow and head back Sunday afternoon. going to see my friend JC the Cuban Cigar Roller before I head back, then Monday meeting in JAX, got a date at the beach with the JAX lady.
Morning Dean, I actually had to re-read your whole post. Sounds like a strenuous business trip. Hope you don't work too hard
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 04, 2019, 08:29:14 AM
I gotta start packing for business meetings in St Augustine this weekend. leaving at 5:30am tomorrow and head back Sunday afternoon. going to see my friend JC the Cuban Cigar Roller before I head back, then Monday meeting in JAX, got a date at the beach with the JAX lady.
Morning Dean, I actually had to re-read your whole post. Sounds like a strenuous business trip. Hope you don't work too hard
The AJAX lady was really funny in the Cheech and Chong movie..
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 04, 2019, 08:29:57 AM
Thought for Today: "What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." — T.S. Eliot (1888-1965).
OMG. the beginning is the end but the end is the beginning? nothing in the middle? I'm confused.
(https://media.giphy.com/media/uPnKU86sFa2fm/giphy.gif)
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 04, 2019, 08:31:13 AM
I gotta start packing for business meetings in St Augustine this weekend. leaving at 5:30am tomorrow and head back Sunday afternoon. going to see my friend JC the Cuban Cigar Roller before I head back, then Monday meeting in JAX, got a date at the beach with the JAX lady.
Morning Dean, I actually had to re-read your whole post. Sounds like a strenuous business trip. Hope you don't work too hard
new Panel 69 Area Assembly in St Augustine and Archives Committee in JAX.  statewide Archives Workshop near Orlando in February where I'm doing a presentation of History of District 28, Citrus County.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 04, 2019, 08:40:04 AM
I gotta start packing for business meetings in St Augustine this weekend. leaving at 5:30am tomorrow and head back Sunday afternoon. going to see my friend JC the Cuban Cigar Roller before I head back, then Monday meeting in JAX, got a date at the beach with the JAX lady.
Morning Dean, I actually had to re-read your whole post. Sounds like a strenuous business trip. Hope you don't work too hard
new Panel 69 Area Assembly in St Augustine and Archives Committee in JAX.  statewide Archives Workshop near Orlando in February where I'm doing a presentation of History of District 28, Citrus County.
Of course it's Panel 69.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: Threebean on January 04, 2019, 08:47:39 AM
Thought for Today: "What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." — T.S. Eliot (1888-1965).
WTF, I can make schitt like this up, too.  "The circle wants to be the square, and the square the rectangle, but alas, what of the triangle?".
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 04, 2019, 08:50:11 AM
Thought for Today: "What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." — T.S. Eliot (1888-1965).
WTF, I can make schitt like this up, too.  "The circle wants to be the square, and the square the rectangle, but alas, what of the triangle?".
Ok, but if the square was born a square, but feels like it should've been born a triangle, which bathroom would it use? :D
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: Threebean on January 04, 2019, 08:52:26 AM
Thought for Today: "What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." — T.S. Eliot (1888-1965).
WTF, I can make schitt like this up, too.  "The circle wants to be the square, and the square the rectangle, but alas, what of the triangle?".
Ok, but if the square was born a square, but feels like it should've been born a triangle, which bathroom would it use? :D
Whichever one it wants, silly.  And if there's a line it gets to cut to the front.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: Threebean on January 04, 2019, 08:53:41 AM
Morning DeepThinkers.  Glad it's Friday already.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 04, 2019, 09:07:38 AM
Thought for Today: "What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." — T.S. Eliot (1888-1965).
WTF, I can make schitt like this up, too.  "The circle wants to be the square, and the square the rectangle, but alas, what of the triangle?".
Ok, but if the square was born a square, but feels like it should've been born a triangle, which bathroom would it use? :D
Whichever one it wants, silly.  And if there's a line it gets to cut to the front.
I hope it's at least a big, beautiful line.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 04, 2019, 09:12:18 AM

America’s Drunkest States

- Top 5

5. Illinois
4. Montana
3. Alaska
2. Wisconsin
1. North Dakota

- Bottom 5

50. Tennessee
49. West Virginia
48. Utah
47. Alabama
46. Mississippi
Buffalo has to be in top 10 of drunkest cities.
Tennessee more sober than Utah?  You gotta be kidding.
I was about to make the same comment. I'd love to see the actual numbers on this one.
It is on a per capital basis

https://www.liquor.com/articles/these-are-the-10-drunkest-states-in-america/

In that case, I call BS on Tennessee coming in last.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 04, 2019, 09:13:04 AM
good morning guys. I slept in.
Who?
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 04, 2019, 09:15:32 AM
Muslim congresswoman from Michigan calls Trump a MotherFucker.

https://www.newsweek.com/congresswoman-rashida-tliab-refers-donald-trump-speech-tells-crowd-democrats-1279078
That's a Muslim term of endearment.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 04, 2019, 09:17:33 AM

America’s Drunkest States

- Top 5

5. Illinois
4. Montana
3. Alaska
2. Wisconsin
1. North Dakota

- Bottom 5

50. Tennessee
49. West Virginia
48. Utah
47. Alabama
46. Mississippi
Buffalo has to be in top 10 of drunkest cities.
Tennessee more sober than Utah?  You gotta be kidding.
I was about to make the same comment. I'd love to see the actual numbers on this one.
It is on a per capital basis

https://www.liquor.com/articles/these-are-the-10-drunkest-states-in-america/

In that case, I call BS on Tennessee coming in last.
Perhaps I'm reading the list wrong, but it seems like the list on the website is totally different than the one posted here.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 04, 2019, 09:18:31 AM
Muslim congresswoman from Michigan calls Trump a MotherFucker.

https://www.newsweek.com/congresswoman-rashida-tliab-refers-donald-trump-speech-tells-crowd-democrats-1279078
That's a Muslim term of endearment.
At least we know we've got a minimum of one honest member of Congress. That's a sharp increase from years past.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 04, 2019, 09:18:45 AM
[...]

If they were going to do doping, they wouldn't risk it with that half assed shit.  Probably slipped to them by some Bama fan (when they're not poisoning trees).
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 04, 2019, 09:20:11 AM
@NJDave: From last night:

In Hamburg I smoked a Belle Artes Maduro (excellent) and a Davidoff 702 (Mushroomy start but got better). We weren't there as long as I would have liked. I purchased a Wise Man and  a Vagas Cubanas (MF). I also smoked a La Gran Oferta on New Year's Eve which I thought was really good
Agree fully with the Belles Artes Maduro and La Gran Oferta....and the Davidoff as well.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 04, 2019, 09:34:17 AM

@NJDave: From last night:

In Hamburg I smoked a Belle Artes Maduro (excellent) and a Davidoff 702 (Mushroomy start but got better). We weren't there as long as I would have liked. I purchased a Wise Man and  a Vagas Cubanas (MF). I also smoked a La Gran Oferta on New Year's Eve which I thought was really good

I'm a big fan of the Wise Man and pretty much anything Melillo puts his hands on.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 04, 2019, 09:39:03 AM
bacon, eggs, hashbrowns done. time to pack.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 04, 2019, 09:41:44 AM
Thought for Today: "What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." — T.S. Eliot (1888-1965).
WTF, I can make schitt like this up, too.  "The circle wants to be the square, and the square the rectangle, but alas, what of the triangle?".
Wow, Mark. Way to lay down the profundity.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 04, 2019, 09:43:42 AM
Thought for Today: "What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." — T.S. Eliot (1888-1965).
WTF, I can make schitt like this up, too.  "The circle wants to be the square, and the square the rectangle, but alas, what of the triangle?".
Ok, but if the square was born a square, but feels like it should've been born a triangle, which bathroom would it use? :D
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 04, 2019, 09:44:42 AM
Thought for Today: "What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." — T.S. Eliot (1888-1965).
WTF, I can make schitt like this up, too.  "The circle wants to be the square, and the square the rectangle, but alas, what of the triangle?".
Wow, Mark. Way to lay down the profundity.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 04, 2019, 09:48:23 AM
2 Tugs forTony, these two were the ones pushing 3 barges north earlier this week and now they are headed back south without any loads.

Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 04, 2019, 09:55:34 AM
Gonna be a good Friday Tony, you got a two tugger!
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: Threebean on January 04, 2019, 09:57:56 AM
2 Tugs forTony, these two were the ones pushing 3 barges north earlier this week and now they are headed back south without any loads.
Cool, a three story one.  I would like to ride one of those for a day.  Leisurely viewing while smoking a few stogies.  Hell, would be fun to help out as long as it wasn't scrapping barnacles or swabbing the deck or some such actual work.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: Threebean on January 04, 2019, 09:58:13 AM
Gonna be a good Friday Tony, you got a two tugger!
TNWSS
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: Threebean on January 04, 2019, 09:58:45 AM
Some decent deals on Rm 101 at Holt's in case you need to stock up.
https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html?p=0&limit=all (https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html?p=0&limit=all)
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: Threebean on January 04, 2019, 10:01:31 AM
Gotta head out for a few hours.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 04, 2019, 10:02:06 AM
Gonna be a good Friday Tony, you got a two tugger!
I felt it.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 04, 2019, 10:03:12 AM
2 Tugs forTony, these two were the ones pushing 3 barges north earlier this week and now they are headed back south without any loads.
Cool, a three story one.  I would like to ride one of those for a day.  Leisurely viewing while smoking a few stogies.  Hell, would be fun to help out as long as it wasn't scrapping barnacles or swabbing the deck or some such actual work.
Completely agree.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 04, 2019, 10:14:36 AM
2 Tugs forTony, these two were the ones pushing 3 barges north earlier this week and now they are headed back south without any loads.
Cool, a three story one.  I would like to ride one of those for a day.  Leisurely viewing while smoking a few stogies.  Hell, would be fun to help out as long as it wasn't scrapping barnacles or swabbing the deck or some such actual work.
Ok for a day experience but they are noisy, vibrate a lot and smell like diesel fuel.  Everyone starts off swabbing and using a needle gun before painting, it ain’t fun!
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: sfish on January 04, 2019, 10:21:09 AM
2 Tugs forTony, these two were the ones pushing 3 barges north earlier this week and now they are headed back south without any loads.
2 Tugs for Tony? It may take a few more than that but you're on your way!! LMAO!
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 04, 2019, 10:29:18 AM
2 Tugs forTony, these two were the ones pushing 3 barges north earlier this week and now they are headed back south without any loads.
2 Tugs for Tony? It may take a few more than that but you're on your way!! LMAO!
At this point, I think two tugs for Tony may be one too many.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: razgueado on January 04, 2019, 10:31:46 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: razgueado on January 04, 2019, 10:41:12 AM
Thought for Today: "What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." — T.S. Eliot (1888-1965).
This deserves an eye roll.
Just An eye roll does not do justice for this one
Well, it's TS Eliot, so...
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: razgueado on January 04, 2019, 10:42:11 AM
good morning guys. I slept in.
In who?
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 04, 2019, 10:44:24 AM
[...]

Yeah sure, and Dumbo did not even know what it was.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 04, 2019, 10:48:12 AM
Good day Mr. Raz.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 04, 2019, 11:05:15 AM
Cuban Aristocrat may need to sit awhile, just tabacco flavor, not that that bothers me, just odd for a maduro from Jose Blanco.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 04, 2019, 11:06:05 AM
good morning guys. I slept in.
In who?
neighbor lady.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 04, 2019, 11:12:37 AM
good morning guys. I slept in.
Who?
Like minds and all... Good morning, Raz.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: razgueado on January 04, 2019, 11:19:54 AM
Good day Mr. Raz.
G'day, TD.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: razgueado on January 04, 2019, 11:21:08 AM
good morning guys. I slept in.
Who?
Like minds and all... Good morning, Raz.
Indeed. Morning, Tony.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 04, 2019, 11:38:12 AM
Weekend offers from SBC

SBC Weekend Specials!

Starting now we have two specials on three categories that will run through Sunday at midnight!

 HVC
 Illusione
 Oneoff

 CODE: SBCW = 18% off plus 5% reward points on orders $50+ on categories above!

 CODE: SBCW200 = 27% off plus 5% reward points on orders $200+ on categories above!
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 04, 2019, 12:17:27 PM
SBC lull
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 04, 2019, 12:38:10 PM
SBC lull
Plus lunch.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 04, 2019, 12:39:06 PM
Cuban Aristocrat may need to sit awhile, just tabacco flavor, not that that bothers me, just odd for a maduro from Jose Blanco.
It should be a milder maduro with the Dominican filler. I was wondering if the Mexican wrapper has it's pronounced earthyness?
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 04, 2019, 12:41:45 PM
SBC lull
Plus lunch.
About to hazzuh! for the same reason. Kids are going to a movie with my mom, so I'm taking the lady out for a late lunch. See youse guys on Monday.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 04, 2019, 12:48:51 PM
SBC lull
Plus lunch.
About to hazzuh! for the same reason. Kids are going to a movie with my mom, so I'm taking the lady out for a late lunch. See youse guys on Monday.
WTF?

Edit: Just hatin' 'cause I'm jealous.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 04, 2019, 12:49:07 PM
SBC lull
Plus lunch.
About to hazzuh! for the same reason. Kids are going to a movie with my mom, so I'm taking the lady out for a late lunch. See youse guys on Monday.
Have a great weekend Dave. The Aqua man movie was very good.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 04, 2019, 12:58:11 PM
The Dow rose more than 700 points after a strong jobs report Friday. The S&P 500 rose 3.2% and Nasdaq was up 4.3%.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 04, 2019, 12:59:25 PM
Cuban Aristocrat may need to sit awhile, just tabacco flavor, not that that bothers me, just odd for a maduro from Jose Blanco.
It should be a milder maduro with the Dominican filler. I was wondering if the Mexican wrapper has it's pronounced earthyness?
dirt?
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 04, 2019, 01:02:06 PM
Cuban Aristocrat may need to sit awhile, just tabacco flavor, not that that bothers me, just odd for a maduro from Jose Blanco.
It should be a milder maduro with the Dominican filler. I was wondering if the Mexican wrapper has it's pronounced earthyness?
dirt?
I can't explain it but I can distinctly pick up a  Connecticut broadleaf and a Mexican San Andres
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 04, 2019, 01:03:15 PM
US economy added 312,000 jobs in December, blowing past expectations.

By Megan Henney Published January 04, 2019
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 04, 2019, 01:24:50 PM
SBC lull
Plus lunch.
About to hazzuh! for the same reason. Kids are going to a movie with my mom, so I'm taking the lady out for a late lunch. See youse guys on Monday.
Sounds like a plan, enjoy.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 04, 2019, 01:25:57 PM
The Dow rose more than 700 points after a strong jobs report Friday. The S&P 500 rose 3.2% and Nasdaq was up 4.3%.
Good, makes up for the 600+ point dip yesterday.  One could throw up on this roller coaster.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 04, 2019, 01:26:29 PM
Moving van almost packed up at the house.  Boy heads out tomorrow.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 04, 2019, 01:31:05 PM
Moving van almost packed up at the house.  Boy heads out tomorrow.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 04, 2019, 01:40:22 PM
Moving van almost packed up at the house.  Boy heads out tomorrow.
is that good or bad?
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 04, 2019, 02:01:35 PM
Moving van almost packed up at the house.  Boy heads out tomorrow.
is that good or bad?
Yes.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 04, 2019, 03:22:10 PM
cat came by and knocked the ash off as I was taking this.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 04, 2019, 03:24:56 PM
Moving van almost packed up at the house.  Boy heads out tomorrow.
is that good or bad?
Yes.
Glad I could help out giving them someplace to stay for seven months, happy to have them move on, buy their own place, start a "real" job ect.  Good spending time with them, but definitely put a crimp on my freedom, and wasn't in the least quiet with two rambunctious three year olds and a two year old dog.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: Threebean on January 04, 2019, 03:32:05 PM
Afternoon boys.  In the man cave with a CCA and coffee.  Delicious BBQ pork rib lunch while out.  Roadside joint which doesn't look like much driving past, but damn they do it right. http://www.bennystexasbar-b-que.com/ (http://www.bennystexasbar-b-que.com/)
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 04, 2019, 03:38:21 PM
Moving van almost packed up at the house.  Boy heads out tomorrow.
is that good or bad?
Yes.
Glad I could help out giving them someplace to stay for seven months, happy to have them move on, buy their own place, start a "real" job ect.  Good spending time with them, but definitely put a crimp on my freedom, and wasn't in the least quiet with two rambunctious three year olds and a two year old dog.
Dave that is very nice of you and best wishes to your boy.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 04, 2019, 03:40:31 PM
CI has a good pick 4 five packs for 69 and code Alert works for 19 off orders over 99
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 04, 2019, 03:44:35 PM
CI has a good pick 4 five packs for 69 and code Alert works for 19 off orders over 99
Good selection there.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190104/dba86d95d30d2e3f5abe37a0c129ea64.jpg)
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 04, 2019, 04:45:38 PM
CI has a good pick 4 five packs for 69 and code Alert works for 19 off orders over 99
Cigar King also has a $69 sale....hmmm
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 04, 2019, 04:47:24 PM
Got a Four Kicks Maduro lit and a Macallan 12 poured. It's the weekend brothers!
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 04, 2019, 04:59:41 PM
I think I have everything ready for tomorrow. Short Story and coffee then it's off to bed. leaving by 5:30am.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 04, 2019, 05:43:05 PM
Good travels Dean.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 04, 2019, 07:50:15 PM
Dean's on his third dream lull.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 04, 2019, 08:06:35 PM
Dean's on his third dream lull.
Dreaming of cigars
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 04, 2019, 08:07:39 PM
Dean's on his third dream lull.
Dreaming of cigars
Nah. More likely dreaming of one of his lady friends.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 04, 2019, 08:11:32 PM
It was a beautiful day and a productive one. Wifey had a good birthday... Taking down the Christmas lights outside. Partagas Legend while I grilled and Romeo San Andres for my night cap. Hope you all have a great and safe weekend.
Title: Re: 1/4/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 04, 2019, 10:15:07 PM
It was a beautiful day and a productive one. Wifey had a good birthday... Taking down the Christmas lights outside. Partagas Legend while I grilled and Romeo San Andres for my night cap. Hope you all have a great and safe weekend.
That does sound like a good day. But now we all want to know if you did enough to get some?