CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on January 01, 2019, 01:04:55 AM

Title: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: CigarBanter on January 01, 2019, 01:04:55 AM
Happy and healthy 2019 to you from Cigarbanter.com!
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 01, 2019, 05:55:40 AM
Happy New Year! 🥳

Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 01, 2019, 07:04:29 AM
Happy First Sheesh 2019!
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 01, 2019, 07:08:04 AM
Happy First Sheesh 2019!
And a well deserved one at that.
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 01, 2019, 07:08:24 AM
Happy New Year SCDave!
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 01, 2019, 07:09:12 AM
Happy New Year SCDave!
Morning and Happy New Year to you T Dave.
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 01, 2019, 07:27:36 AM
Today is Tuesday, Jan. 1, the first day of 2019. There are 364 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On Jan. 1, 1959, Fidel Castro and his revolutionaries overthrew Cuban leader Fulgencio Batista, who fled to the Dominican Republic.
On this date:
In 1818, the first edition of the Gothic novel "Frankenstein; or, The Modern Prometheus" by English author Mary Shelley, 20, was published anonymously in London.
In 1863, President Abraham Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation, declaring that slaves in rebel states shall be "forever free."
In 1892, the Ellis Island Immigrant Station in New York formally opened.
In 1953, country singer Hank Williams Sr., 29, was discovered dead in the back seat of his car during a stop in Oak Hill, West Virginia, while he was being driven to a concert date in Canton, Ohio.
In 1954, NBC broadcast the first coast-to-coast color TV program as it presented live coverage of the Tournament of Roses Parade in Pasadena, California.
In 1975, a jury in Washington found Nixon administration officials John N. Mitchell, H.R. Haldeman, John D. Ehrlichman and Robert C. Mardian guilty of charges related to the Watergate cover-up (Mardian's conviction for conspiracy was later overturned on appeal).
In 1979, the United States and China held celebrations in Washington and Beijing to mark the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries.
In 1984, the breakup of AT&T took place as the telecommunications giant was divested of its 22 Bell System companies under terms of an antitrust agreement.
In 1985, the music cable channel VH-1 made its debut with a video of Marvin Gaye performing "The Star-Spangled Banner."
In 1993, Czechoslovakia peacefully split into two new countries, the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
In 1994, the North American Free Trade Agreement went into effect.
In 2014, the nation's first legal recreational pot shops opened in Colorado at 8 a.m. Mountain time.
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 01, 2019, 07:28:45 AM
Ten years ago: An Israeli warplane dropped a 2,000-pound bomb on the home of one of Hamas' top five decision-makers, instantly killing him and 18 others. The U.S. formally transferred control of the Green Zone to Iraqi authorities in a pair of ceremonies that also handed back Saddam Hussein's former palace. Russia made good on its threat to cut off all natural gas supplies to Ukraine. Six-term Rhode Island Sen. Claiborne Pell died at age 90. The Detroit Red Wings beat the Chicago Blackhawks 6-4 in the Winter Classic at chilly Wrigley Field. No. 5 Southern California defeated No. 6 Penn State 38-24 in the 95th Rose Bowl.

Five years ago: The nation's first legal recreational pot shops opened in Colorado at 8 a.m. Mountain Standard Time. Actress Juanita Moore, 99, died in Los Angeles. No. 4 Michigan State romped to a 24-20 victory over No. 5 Stanford in the 100th Rose Bowl. No. 15 Central Florida pulled off one of the biggest upsets of the bowl season by outlasting No. 6 Baylor 52-42 in the Fiesta Bowl.

One year ago: Former Fox News Channel anchor and 1989 Miss America Gretchen Carlson was named chairwoman of the Miss America Organization's board of directors, with three other past pageant winners joining her on the board. In the first Rose Bowl to go into overtime, Georgia advanced to college football's national championship game with a 54-48 win over Oklahoma. Alabama advanced by beating top-ranked Clemson, 24-6, in the Sugar Bowl. Peter Martins, the longtime leader of the New York City Ballet, announced his retirement in the midst of an investigation into accusations of sexual misconduct. California launched legal sales of recreational marijuana, with customers linking up early for ribbon cuttings and promotions.
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 01, 2019, 07:29:12 AM
Thought for Today: “A New Year’s resolution is something that goes in one Year and out the other.” — Author unknown.
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 01, 2019, 07:41:14 AM
1735 Paul Revere, American silversmith and patriot who alerted the colonial militia to the approach of British forces before the battles of Lexington and Concord, born in Boston, Massachusetts (d. 1818)

1752 Betsy Ross [Elizabeth Griscom], American seamstress widely credited with making the first American flag, born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (d. 1836)

1895 J. Edgar Hoover, first Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (1924-72), born in Washington, D.C.

1911 Hank Greenberg, American Baseball Hall of Fame first baseman (5-time All Star, Detroit Tigers), born in NYC, New York (d. 1986)

1912 Kim Philby, British spy and Soviet mole who was a member of the "Cambridge Five", born in Ambala, Punjab, India (d. 1988)

1919 J[erome] D[avid] Salinger, American novelist (Catcher in the Rye), born in NYC, New York (d. 2010)

1919 Rocky Graziano, US boxer (Middleweight champ) and entertainer (Pantomime Quiz, Miami Undercover), born in NYC, New York

1923 Barbara Baxley, American actress and singer (Norma Rae, Countdown), born in Stockton, California (d. 1990)

1927 Doak Walker, American football star (d. 1998)

1927 Carl Scheib, American baseball pitcher who became the youngest player in league history at 16 (Philadelphia A’s), born in Gratz, Pennsylvania (d. 2018)

1938 Frank Langella, Bayonne, New Jersey, American actor (Dracula, Frost/Nixon)

Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 01, 2019, 08:06:29 AM
 Happy New Year guys. long busy day and a half. long story I'll tell another time. I will say that the lady's daughters deadbeat is in jail.
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 01, 2019, 08:08:54 AM
Happy New Year guys. long busy day and a half. long story I'll tell another time. I will say that the lady's daughters deadbeat is in jail.
Morning and Happy New Year Dean’O
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 01, 2019, 08:33:46 AM
Looks like the Sister is running her own version of a Jam today
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 01, 2019, 08:56:29 AM
@ Mayor T - Happy New Year with 4 tugboats
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 01, 2019, 09:20:58 AM
Treat yourself to the Cigar Page mystery box o' crapola. $29.99 landed brings you 9 solid handmade, 50-ring cigars + LOTS of other goodies.

https://www.cigarpage.com/mystery-box-o-crapola.html
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 01, 2019, 10:26:42 AM
@ Mayor T - Happy New Year with 4 tugboats

Left a good job in the city
Workin' for the man ev'ry night and day
And I never lost one minute of sleepin'
Worryin' 'bout the way things might have been
Big wheel keep on turnin'
Proud Mary keep on burnin'
Rollin', rollin', rollin' on the river
Cleaned a lot of plates in Memphis
Pumped a lot of pane down in New Orleans
But I never saw the good side of the city
'Til I hitched a ride on a river boat queen
Big wheel keep on turnin'
Proud Mary keep on burnin'
Rollin', rollin', rollin' on the river
Rollin', rollin', rollin' on the river
If you come down to the river
Bet you gonna find some people who live
You don't have to worry 'cause you have [if you got] no money
People on the river are happy to give
Big wheel keep on turnin'
Proud Mary keep on burnin'
Rollin', rollin', rollin' on the river
Rollin', rollin', rollin' on the river
Rollin', rollin', rollin' on the river
Rollin', rollin', rollin' on the river
Rollin', rollin', rollin' on the river
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 01, 2019, 10:34:08 AM
Happy New Year guys. long busy day and a half. long story I'll tell another time. I will say that the lady's daughters deadbeat is in jail.
You mean he's home.
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 01, 2019, 10:35:05 AM
@ Mayor T - Happy New Year with 4 tugboats
Starting Tony's year off with a bang!
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 01, 2019, 10:36:37 AM
Looks like the Sister is running her own version of a Jam today
Since when is 7.5 x 54 a double corona?
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 01, 2019, 10:43:58 AM
Happy New Year guys. long busy day and a half. long story I'll tell another time. I will say that the lady's daughters deadbeat is in jail.
You mean he's home.
waiting to be extradited from Citrus County to Marion County. has to answer charges in both and Chicago.
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 01, 2019, 10:44:38 AM
Looks like the Sister is running her own version of a Jam today
Since when is 7.5 x 54 a double corona?
took 2 coronas and rolled them together?
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 01, 2019, 11:24:22 AM
El Triunfador #4  ready to light for the first 2019 Cigar.
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 01, 2019, 11:35:24 AM
Looks like the Sister is running her own version of a Jam today
Since when is 7.5 x 54 a double corona?
took 2 coronas and rolled them together?
Just trying to give you more cigar for your money
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 01, 2019, 11:43:32 AM
Thought for Today: “A New Year’s resolution is something that goes in one Year and out the other.” — Author unknown.
I kind of like this one. Happy 2019, boys!
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 01, 2019, 11:45:44 AM
Thought for Today: “A New Year’s resolution is something that goes in one Year and out the other.” — Author unknown.
I kind of like this one. Happy 2019, boys!
Cutting it close but Morning Mayor
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 01, 2019, 11:49:44 AM
Can’t think of a better way to Celebrate
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 01, 2019, 11:50:09 AM
@ Mayor T - Happy New Year with 4 tugboats
Sheesh, they're working hard already. Didn't they hear that it's a holiday? Looks like they're busier than most days.
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 01, 2019, 11:54:57 AM
@ Mayor T - Happy New Year with 4 tugboats
Sheesh, they're working hard already. Didn't they hear that it's a holiday? Looks like they're busier than most days.
Those guys don’t get holidays very often, 24/7/365 job.
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: Threebean on January 01, 2019, 12:08:32 PM
Thought for Today: “A New Year’s resolution is something that goes in one Year and out the other.” — Author unknown.
I kind of like this one. Happy 2019, boys!
Indeed.  Happy New Year, BoTL. Got another bowl game to watch this evening.  Hope the Longhorn's don't get bufu'd like the Irish.
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 01, 2019, 12:20:58 PM
Thought for Today: “A New Year’s resolution is something that goes in one Year and out the other.” — Author unknown.
I kind of like this one. Happy 2019, boys!
Indeed.  Happy New Year, BoTL. Got another bowl game to watch this evening.  Hope the Longhorn's don't get bufu'd like the Irish.
Afternoon soon to be 2TimeBowlLoserBean
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 01, 2019, 12:48:50 PM
Report: New Jersey’s ‘large capacity magazine’ ban isn’t going well

According to a law that took effect on December 10th, 2018, all New Jersey residents were required to turn in all “large capacity magazines” on their firearms to law enforcement immediately.

Investigations conducted last week by Reason and Ammoland writer John Crump, however, were unable to find that a single New Jersey resident had complied with the law by turning in their LCMs to law enforcement. Several police departments — including the New Jersey State Police — affirmatively responded that “zero” magazines had been turned in to law enforcements, while others were simply unable or unwilling to provide answers. Overall, not a single confirmed instance of a gun owner turning in an LCM to police was found.
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 01, 2019, 01:54:18 PM
what's in your humidor?

https://robbreport.com/food-drink/cigars/best-cigars-2018-belong-humidor-2836840/
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 01, 2019, 02:03:25 PM
Report: New Jersey’s ‘large capacity magazine’ ban isn’t going well

According to a law that took effect on December 10th, 2018, all New Jersey residents were required to turn in all “large capacity magazines” on their firearms to law enforcement immediately.

Investigations conducted last week by Reason and Ammoland writer John Crump, however, were unable to find that a single New Jersey resident had complied with the law by turning in their LCMs to law enforcement. Several police departments — including the New Jersey State Police — affirmatively responded that “zero” magazines had been turned in to law enforcements, while others were simply unable or unwilling to provide answers. Overall, not a single confirmed instance of a gun owner turning in an LCM to police was found.

good for them. 👍
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: Threebean on January 01, 2019, 02:08:49 PM
what's in your humidor?

https://robbreport.com/food-drink/cigars/best-cigars-2018-belong-humidor-2836840/
::)
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: Threebean on January 01, 2019, 02:10:03 PM
Thought for Today: “A New Year’s resolution is something that goes in one Year and out the other.” — Author unknown.
I kind of like this one. Happy 2019, boys!
Indeed.  Happy New Year, BoTL. Got another bowl game to watch this evening.  Hope the Longhorn's don't get bufu'd like the Irish.
Afternoon soon to be 2TimeBowlLoserBean
The game has such a late start doubt I'll see it through, assuming it is worth watching to the end.
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 01, 2019, 03:17:34 PM
Thought for Today: “A New Year’s resolution is something that goes in one Year and out the other.” — Author unknown.
I kind of like this one. Happy 2019, boys!
Indeed.  Happy New Year, BoTL. Got another bowl game to watch this evening.  Hope the Longhorn's don't get bufu'd like the Irish.
Afternoon soon to be 2TimeBowlLoserBean
The game has such a late start doubt I'll see it through, assuming it is worth watching to the end.
I will be lucky to make halftime before falling asleep.
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 01, 2019, 03:22:27 PM
Having an after lunch NewYears Smoke with the boy, Saint Luis Rey Serie A Lit for me and a Little Devil for the boy.
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 01, 2019, 03:25:58 PM
Report: New Jersey’s ‘large capacity magazine’ ban isn’t going well

According to a law that took effect on December 10th, 2018, all New Jersey residents were required to turn in all “large capacity magazines” on their firearms to law enforcement immediately.

Investigations conducted last week by Reason and Ammoland writer John Crump, however, were unable to find that a single New Jersey resident had complied with the law by turning in their LCMs to law enforcement. Several police departments — including the New Jersey State Police — affirmatively responded that “zero” magazines had been turned in to law enforcements, while others were simply unable or unwilling to provide answers. Overall, not a single confirmed instance of a gun owner turning in an LCM to police was found.
What a surprise!
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 01, 2019, 03:28:10 PM
Having an after lunch NewYears Smoke with the boy, Saint Luis Rey Serie A Lit for me and a Little Devil for the boy.
Stepped out at halftime of LSU game with a Killer Bee from Black Works.
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 01, 2019, 03:28:44 PM
Having an after lunch NewYears Smoke with the boy, Saint Luis Rey Serie A Lit for me and a Little Devil for the boy.
Stepped out at halftime of LSU game with a Killer Bee from Black Works.
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 01, 2019, 03:33:49 PM
The boy just checked in after some shopping with gift cards... got a Sig 320 and a hybrid club. Hes happy  .
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 01, 2019, 03:36:52 PM
The boy just checked in after some shopping with gift cards... got a Sig 320 and a hybrid club. Hes happy  .
That’s a nice pistoli, you know which version he got?
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 01, 2019, 03:38:09 PM
The boy just checked in after some shopping with gift cards... got a Sig 320 and a hybrid club. Hes happy  .
That’s a nice pistoli, you know which version he got?
M17
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 01, 2019, 03:40:42 PM
The boy just checked in after some shopping with gift cards... got a Sig 320 and a hybrid club. Hes happy  .
That’s a nice pistoli, you know which version he got?
M17
He can play Army😀
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 01, 2019, 05:01:52 PM
stepping it up a notch before our pot luck meeting.
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: Threebean on January 01, 2019, 05:13:12 PM
The boy just checked in after some shopping with gift cards... got a Sig 320 and a hybrid club. Hes happy  .
What's a hybrid club?
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 01, 2019, 05:18:28 PM
The boy just checked in after some shopping with gift cards... got a Sig 320 and a hybrid club. Hes happy  .
What's a hybrid club?
usually replaces a hard to fit long iron, like a #3 or #4 iron, similar to a modified wood. easier to hit.
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: Threebean on January 01, 2019, 07:21:24 PM
The boy just checked in after some shopping with gift cards... got a Sig 320 and a hybrid club. Hes happy  .
What's a hybrid club?
usually replaces a hard to fit long iron, like a #3 or #4 iron, similar to a modified wood. easier to hit.
OK, a golf club.  Thanks. As a non-golfer I thought maybe that was a plug-in driver.
(https://static01.nyt.com/images/2013/06/12/sports/CADDYSHACK2/CADDYSHACK2-blog427.jpg)
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 01, 2019, 07:45:56 PM
This frik’n Rose Bowl is boring me to tears and there is not chit else on.  The parade was more exciting than this game.
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 01, 2019, 08:03:41 PM
I have been following along but never posted since yesterday. Enjoy your smokes. Streaming Phish and smoking Romeo by AJ
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 01, 2019, 08:07:23 PM
This frik’n Rose Bowl is boring me to tears and there is not chit else on.  The parade was more exciting than this game.
Agreed about the game.
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 01, 2019, 08:08:55 PM
This frik’n Rose Bowl is boring me to tears and there is not chit else on.  The parade was more exciting than this game.
Agreed about the game.
Enjoy the Rose Parade, but hated this telecast. Used to watch it on HGTV, but they didn't cover this year.
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 01, 2019, 08:13:54 PM
The boy just checked in after some shopping with gift cards... got a Sig 320 and a hybrid club. Hes happy  .
What's a hybrid club?
usually replaces a hard to fit long iron, like a #3 or #4 iron, similar to a modified wood. easier to hit.
Yea, what he said.
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: Oyam18 on January 01, 2019, 08:18:26 PM
Happy2019
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: Short stack on January 01, 2019, 08:54:54 PM
Happy2019
/Happy and healthy NewYear to everyone
Title: Re: Happy New Year! - 1/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 01, 2019, 10:36:22 PM
Great to have you check in Oy and Shortstack. Happy New Year.