CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on June 12, 2019, 12:04:28 AM

Title: 6/12/2019
Post by: CigarBanter on June 12, 2019, 12:04:28 AM
Any hump day deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 12, 2019, 05:27:00 AM
Humpin'!
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 12, 2019, 05:58:11 AM
Morning Humps, running late but coffee is ready.

Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 12, 2019, 06:02:06 AM
Plenty of rain headed our way this morning.  Got rained out for fishing yesterday, hoping to try again tomorrow.  I had driven down the marina hoping the storm would dissipate or change direction a little but it went straight towards where I was going to fish.  Sat around the marina and smoked cigars with some of the guys there.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 12, 2019, 06:06:41 AM
Dean’O?

A Florida woman who allegedly grabbed her boyfriend’s testicles and squeezed so hard that he bled was charged with battery domestic violence, investigators said.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 12, 2019, 06:14:52 AM
NEW YORK (AP) — The pilot killed when his helicopter hit the roof of a New York City skyscraper in rain and fog radioed that he was lost and trying to get back to the heliport but couldn't find it, an official briefed on the investigation told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

The radio calls are the clearest evidence yet that foul weather might have played a role in Monday's crash.

The pilot, 58-year-old Tim McCormack, was not authorized to fly in limited visibility, raising questions about why he took off in the first place
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 12, 2019, 06:18:56 AM
A bit more info about Our friend who died from brain cancer Sunday.  She was having unusual headaches so went to the doctor pretty quick and was diagnosed almost immediately with wide spread cancer throughout most of her brain, surgery or other treatments were not options and she lived about a month.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 12, 2019, 06:43:59 AM
Sheesh!
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 12, 2019, 06:50:36 AM
Good morning, Dave and Dave.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 12, 2019, 06:54:36 AM
A bit more info about Our friend who died from brain cancer Sunday.  She was having unusual headaches so went to the doctor pretty quick and was diagnosed almost immediately with wide spread cancer throughout most of her brain, surgery or other treatments were not options and she lived about a month.
Not sure if that's a blessing or a curse. The disease is horrible, of course. But a cancer that aggressive probably wouldn't have had any better a result. I think I would prefer to go quickly.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 12, 2019, 06:54:42 AM
Good morning, Dave and Dave.
Morning Mayor T
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 12, 2019, 06:56:54 AM
A bit more info about Our friend who died from brain cancer Sunday.  She was having unusual headaches so went to the doctor pretty quick and was diagnosed almost immediately with wide spread cancer throughout most of her brain, surgery or other treatments were not options and she lived about a month.
Not sure if that's a blessing or a curse. The disease is horrible, of course. But a cancer that aggressive probably wouldn't have had any better a result. I think I would prefer to go quickly.
If it had to happen in the first place then I definitely think that was the best thing for her.  I know I would certainly want it that way if it was me.  And it is a horrible thing any way it comes at you.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 12, 2019, 07:03:48 AM
NEW YORK (AP) — The pilot killed when his helicopter hit the roof of a New York City skyscraper in rain and fog radioed that he was lost and trying to get back to the heliport but couldn't find it, an official briefed on the investigation told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

The radio calls are the clearest evidence yet that foul weather might have played a role in Monday's crash.

The pilot, 58-year-old Tim McCormack, was not authorized to fly in limited visibility, raising questions about why he took off in the first place
I wondered that myself.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 12, 2019, 07:13:33 AM
Good morning, Dave and Dave.
Morning, Uncle Tony.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 12, 2019, 07:22:15 AM
good morning Daves and Tony.
it's golf day if it doesn't rain.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 12, 2019, 07:23:24 AM
Dean’O?

A Florida woman who allegedly grabbed her boyfriend’s testicles and squeezed so hard that he bled was charged with battery domestic violence, investigators said.
not me, I'm still good down there. 😂
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 12, 2019, 07:25:07 AM
good morning Daves and Tony.
it's golf day if it doesn't rain.
Morning Dean’O
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 12, 2019, 07:37:42 AM
good morning Daves and Tony.
it's golf day if it doesn't rain.
Morning Dean’O
too bad about the fishing trip.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 12, 2019, 07:44:59 AM
good morning Daves and Tony.
it's golf day if it doesn't rain.
Morning Dean’O
too bad about the fishing trip.
After so many years of it I have learned just to take the weather as it comes, being retired does help with that though.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 12, 2019, 07:45:20 AM
Dean’O?

A Florida woman who allegedly grabbed her boyfriend’s testicles and squeezed so hard that he bled was charged with battery domestic violence, investigators said.
not me, I'm still good down there. 😂
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 12, 2019, 08:04:00 AM
just got off the phone with my sister in Texas. she had hip surgery Monday morning, sent home yesterday, and she's wandering around the house as per instructed. 😉
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 12, 2019, 08:09:31 AM
Good morning Daves, Mr. Mayor, and BallsAreGoodDean. Another unseasonably pleasant day in store for us here.  Might have to make myself scarce later.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 12, 2019, 08:17:48 AM
Good morning Daves, Mr. Mayor, and BallsAreGoodDean. Another unseasonably pleasant day in store for us here.  Might have to make myself scarce later.
Morning Bean
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 12, 2019, 08:21:16 AM
Good morning, Dean and Mark.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 12, 2019, 08:22:23 AM
A bit more info about Our friend who died from brain cancer Sunday.  She was having unusual headaches so went to the doctor pretty quick and was diagnosed almost immediately with wide spread cancer throughout most of her brain, surgery or other treatments were not options and she lived about a month.
I guess on the positive side, if she made it that long without significant symptoms, I guess that was a blessing.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 12, 2019, 08:26:14 AM
A bit more info about Our friend who died from brain cancer Sunday.  She was having unusual headaches so went to the doctor pretty quick and was diagnosed almost immediately with wide spread cancer throughout most of her brain, surgery or other treatments were not options and she lived about a month.
Not sure if that's a blessing or a curse. The disease is horrible, of course. But a cancer that aggressive probably wouldn't have had any better a result. I think I would prefer to go quickly.
If it had to happen in the first place then I definitely think that was the best thing for her.  I know I would certainly want it that way if it was me.  And it is a horrible thing any way it comes at you.
I'm hoping for a massive heart attack.  Second choice would be hit by a train.  Way down the list is having my balls squeezed until I bleed out.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 12, 2019, 08:26:45 AM
Morning RainedOutDave, MayBeRaindOutDean, QuakinDave, SpringFeverBean and WorkinStiffTony.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 12, 2019, 08:32:23 AM
Good morning Daves, Mr. Mayor, and BallsAreGoodDean. Another unseasonably pleasant day in store for us here.  Might have to make myself scarce later.
morning Mark.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 12, 2019, 08:33:05 AM
Good morning, Dean and Mark.
morning Tony.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 12, 2019, 08:33:58 AM
Morning RainedOutDave, MayBeRaindOutDean, QuakinDave, SpringFeverBean and WorkinStiffTony.
morning Dave.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 12, 2019, 08:34:29 AM
A bit more info about Our friend who died from brain cancer Sunday.  She was having unusual headaches so went to the doctor pretty quick and was diagnosed almost immediately with wide spread cancer throughout most of her brain, surgery or other treatments were not options and she lived about a month.
Not sure if that's a blessing or a curse. The disease is horrible, of course. But a cancer that aggressive probably wouldn't have had any better a result. I think I would prefer to go quickly.
If it had to happen in the first place then I definitely think that was the best thing for her.  I know I would certainly want it that way if it was me.  And it is a horrible thing any way it comes at you.
I'm hoping for a massive heart attack.  Second choice would be hit by a train.  Way down the list is having my balls squeezed until I bleed out.

😳
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 12, 2019, 08:48:01 AM
Some solid PWing there DeanO.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 12, 2019, 08:50:10 AM
Today is Wednesday, June 12, the 163rd day of 2019. There are 202 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:
On June 12, 2016, an American-born Muslim opened fire at the Pulse nightclub, a gay establishment in Orlando, Florida, leaving 49 people dead and 53 wounded before being shot dead by police.

On this date:
In 1665, England installed a municipal government in New York, formerly the Dutch settlement of New Amsterdam, and appointed its first mayor, Thomas Willett.
In 1776, Virginia's colonial legislature adopted a Declaration of Rights.
In 1939, the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum was dedicated in Cooperstown, New York.
In 1942, Anne Frank, a German-born Jewish girl living in Amsterdam, received a diary for her 13th birthday, less than a month before she and her family went into hiding from the Nazis.
In 1963, civil rights leader Medgar Evers, 37, was shot and killed outside his home in Jackson, Mississippi. (In 1994, Byron De La Beckwith was convicted of murdering Evers and sentenced to life in prison; he died in 2001.)
In 1964, South African black nationalist Nelson Mandela was sentenced to life in prison along with seven other people, including Walter Sisulu, for committing sabotage against the apartheid regime (all were eventually released, Mandela in 1990).
In 1967, the U.S. Supreme Court, in Loving v. Virginia, unanimously struck down state laws prohibiting interracial marriages.
In 1978, David Berkowitz was sentenced to 25 years to life in prison for each of the six "Son of Sam" .44-caliber killings that terrified New Yorkers.
In 1981, major league baseball players began a 49-day strike over the issue of free-agent compensation. (The season did not resume until Aug. 10.) "Raiders of the Lost Ark," directed by Steven Spielberg and starring Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones, was first released.
In 1987, President Ronald Reagan, during a visit to the divided German city of Berlin, exhorted Soviet leader Mikhail S. Gorbachev to "tear down this wall."
In 1994, Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman were slashed to death outside her Los Angeles home. (O.J. Simpson was later acquitted of the killings in a criminal trial, but was eventually held liable in a civil action.) Boeing's new 777 jetliner went on its first test flight.
In 2004, former President Ronald Reagan's body was sealed inside a tomb at his presidential library in Simi Valley, California, following a week of mourning and remembrance by world leaders and regular Americans.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 12, 2019, 08:50:14 AM
It's absolutely gorgeous out today. I think this is my 5th coffee just because I need excuses to go out.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 12, 2019, 08:50:54 AM
Ten years ago: U.S. television stations ended analog broadcasts in favor of digital transmission. Congress approved legislation banning "light" or candy-flavored cigarettes and requiring tobacco companies to make bigger warning labels and run fewer ads. The U.N. Security Council imposed sanctions on North Korea for its second nuclear test. The Pittsburgh Penguins defeated the Detroit Red Wings 2-1 to win the Stanley Cup in Game 7.

Five years ago: During a tightly controlled tour of a converted warehouse at Port Hueneme, California, a government official said the number of migrant children housed at the facility after they were caught entering the country illegally could more than triple to 575 by the following week. The World Cup opened in Brazil with the home team beating Croatia, 3-1, after a funky opening ceremony featuring Jennifer Lopez and dancers dressed as trees.

One year ago: After a five-hour summit in Singapore, President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un signed a joint statement agreeing to work toward a denuclearized Korean Peninsula, although the timeline and tactics were left unclear; Trump declared that he and Kim had developed "a very special bond." Republican Rep. Mark Sanford, a vocal critic of Donald Trump, lost his South Carolina congressional seat in a primary, hours after Trump tweeted that Sanford was "very unhelpful" and "nothing but trouble." Throngs of Golden State Warriors fans turned out for a second straight year to honor the NBA champions in a parade in downtown Oakland, California; in Washington, DC, the Stanley Cup champion Capitals were cheered by fans along Constitution Ave.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 12, 2019, 08:52:06 AM
A bit more info about Our friend who died from brain cancer Sunday.  She was having unusual headaches so went to the doctor pretty quick and was diagnosed almost immediately with wide spread cancer throughout most of her brain, surgery or other treatments were not options and she lived about a month.
Not sure if that's a blessing or a curse. The disease is horrible, of course. But a cancer that aggressive probably wouldn't have had any better a result. I think I would prefer to go quickly.
If it had to happen in the first place then I definitely think that was the best thing for her.  I know I would certainly want it that way if it was me.  And it is a horrible thing any way it comes at you.
I'm hoping for a massive heart attack.  Second choice would be hit by a train.  Way down the list is having my balls squeezed until I bleed out.
I may as well use your list.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 12, 2019, 08:52:49 AM
Today's Birthdays:

Songwriter Richard M. Sherman is 91.
Jazz musician Chick Corea is 78.
Sportscaster Marv Albert is 78.
Singer Roy Harper is 78. Pop singer Len Barry is 77.
Actor Roger Aaron Brown is 70.
Actress Sonia Manzano is 69.
Rock musician Bun E. Carlos (Cheap Trick) is 68.
Country singer-musician Junior Brown is 67.
Singer-songwriter Rocky Burnette is 66.
Actor Timothy Busfield is 62.
Singer Meredith Brooks is 61.
Actress Jenilee Harrison is 61.
Rock musician John Linnell (They Might Be Giants) is 60.
Actor John Enos is 57.
Rapper Grandmaster Dee (Whodini) is 57.
Actor Paul Schulze is 57.
Actor Eamonn Walker is 57.
Actress Paula Marshall is 55.
Actress Frances O'Connor is 52.
Rock musician Bardi Martin is 50.
Actor Rick Hoffman is 49.
Actor-comedian Finesse Mitchell is 47.
Actor Mel Rodriguez is 46.
Actor Jason Mewes is 45.
Actor Michael Muhney is 44.
Blues musician Kenny Wayne Shepherd is 42.
Actor Timothy Simons is 41.
Actor Wil Horneff is 40.
Singer Robyn is 40.
Rock singer-musician John Gourley (Portugal. The Man) is 38. Actor Dave Franco is 34.
Country singer Chris Young is 34.
Actor Luke Youngblood is 33.
Actor Ryan Malgarini is 27.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 12, 2019, 08:53:14 AM
Thought for Today: "Adventure is not outside man; it is within." — George Eliot, English novelist (1819-1880).
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 12, 2019, 08:57:01 AM
Thought for Today: "Adventure is not outside man; it is within." — George Eliot, English novelist (1819-1880).
Whatever.   ::)
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 12, 2019, 08:58:39 AM
Don't agree with a lot of his politics, but Jon Steward was dead on with his support for 9-11 responders...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jon-stewart-chokes-up-slams-lawmakers-at-hearing-on-911-first-responders-fund/

If you have time for the full presentation...

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/11/731706492/jon-stewart-blasts-lawmakers-in-hearing-for-sept-11-victim-compensation

Someone can actually shut up and shame a shameless congress.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 12, 2019, 08:59:01 AM
Thought for Today: "Adventure is not outside man; it is within." — George Eliot, English novelist (1819-1880).
Whatever.   ::)
Don't be afraid to explore the adventure inside of you.  ;D
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 12, 2019, 09:04:59 AM
Don't agree with a lot of his politics, but Jon Steward was dead on with his support for 9-11 responders...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jon-stewart-chokes-up-slams-lawmakers-at-hearing-on-911-first-responders-fund/

If you have time for the full presentation...

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/11/731706492/jon-stewart-blasts-lawmakers-in-hearing-for-sept-11-victim-compensation

Someone can actually shut up and shame a shameless congress.
just saw the clip on Robin Meade.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 12, 2019, 09:07:19 AM
Thought for Today: "Adventure is not outside man; it is within." — George Eliot, English novelist (1819-1880).
Whatever.   ::)
Don't be afraid to explore the adventure inside of you.  ;D
CNS, there are too many TW...'s lurking there to pick.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 12, 2019, 09:16:48 AM
Thought for Today: "Adventure is not outside man; it is within." — George Eliot, English novelist (1819-1880).
Whatever.   ::)
Don't be afraid to explore the adventure inside of you.  ;D
Dean's not afraid to explore the adventure inside her pants.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 12, 2019, 09:23:05 AM
Thought for Today: "Adventure is not outside man; it is within." — George Eliot, English novelist (1819-1880).
Whatever.   ::)
Don't be afraid to explore the adventure inside of you.  ;D
Dean's not afraid to explore the adventure inside her pants.
Assuming they have pants on to start with.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 12, 2019, 09:30:01 AM
Word of the Day: Legs.
spread the word.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 12, 2019, 10:28:35 AM
Leg spreading lull?
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 12, 2019, 10:34:16 AM
Leg spreading lull?
Not here, raining Lull.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 12, 2019, 11:12:21 AM
Time to think about lunch, 1/2 Price Wednesday for P.F. Chang’s fried rice sounds pretty good.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 12, 2019, 11:13:07 AM
Oh My God !!!

https://m.imperiali-geneve.com/
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 12, 2019, 11:47:06 AM
Oh My God !!!

https://m.imperiali-geneve.com/
There is no way I'm clicking a link which Dean posted saying OMG when considering some of the "normal" story posts.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 12, 2019, 11:47:22 AM
Time to think about lunch, 1/2 Price Wednesday for P.F. Chang’s fried rice sounds pretty good.
Left over Pizza Hut pizza here.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 12, 2019, 11:53:45 AM
Oh My God !!!

https://m.imperiali-geneve.com/
There is no way I'm clicking a link which Dean posted saying OMG when considering some of the "normal" story posts.
+1
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 12, 2019, 11:58:33 AM
Interestingly surprising, The 10 Cities People are Moving to the Most

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/919985/16
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 12, 2019, 12:30:28 PM
Oh My God !!!

https://m.imperiali-geneve.com/
There is no way I'm clicking a link which Dean posted saying OMG when considering some of the "normal" story posts.
LALTS
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 12, 2019, 01:21:37 PM
A lot of chicken fried rice for about $6, brought close to half of it home with me.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 12, 2019, 01:22:27 PM
Looks like a cold wet January day outside
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 12, 2019, 01:25:22 PM
Guess I will take a short nap then select myself a cigar.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 12, 2019, 01:36:44 PM
Interestingly surprising, The 10 Cities People are Moving to the Most

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/919985/16
Don't see anyplace in NJ listed there...
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 12, 2019, 01:38:05 PM
Time to take book donations to the library, glasses donations to the municipal building and finish cleaning out the attic.  Home stretch.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 12, 2019, 01:40:36 PM
Time to take book donations to the library, glasses donations to the municipal building and finish cleaning out the attic.  Home stretch.
If you mentioned it, I never saw - how did the talk with your parents go?
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 12, 2019, 01:53:07 PM
rained out.
damn it.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 12, 2019, 01:53:50 PM
Oh My God !!!

https://m.imperiali-geneve.com/
There is no way I'm clicking a link which Dean posted saying OMG when considering some of the "normal" story posts.
it's a $1 million dollar humidor.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 12, 2019, 01:56:41 PM
Nice start to the women's World Cup conquest.  (It's where I got today's AVI from)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/nancy-armour/2019/06/11/world-cup-us-women-did-what-necessary-blowing-out-thailand/1425464001/
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 12, 2019, 01:58:57 PM
Time to take book donations to the library, glasses donations to the municipal building and finish cleaning out the attic.  Home stretch.
If you mentioned it, I never saw - how did the talk with your parents go?
Fairly well, they thought it looked appealing, but of course my Mother had a stupid ass answer for not considering it...If we did it at 70, I think it would be great, but it would be too hard to do now...I wouldn't know where to begin.
I told her that's easy, you pack and move.  She didn't respond to that.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 12, 2019, 02:04:11 PM
Interestingly surprising, The 10 Cities People are Moving to the Most

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/919985/16
Don't see anyplace in NJ listed there...
How the fook do you think MB became #1?
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 12, 2019, 02:05:53 PM
Time to take book donations to the library, glasses donations to the municipal building and finish cleaning out the attic.  Home stretch.
If you mentioned it, I never saw - how did the talk with your parents go?
Fairly well, they thought it looked appealing, but of course my Mother had a stupid ass answer for not considering it...If we did it at 70, I think it would be great, but it would be too hard to do now...I wouldn't know where to begin.
I told her that's easy, you pack and move.  She didn't respond to that.
Oh me, they will always have an excuse ready to kill the deal.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 12, 2019, 02:06:23 PM
Time to take book donations to the library, glasses donations to the municipal building and finish cleaning out the attic.  Home stretch.
If you mentioned it, I never saw - how did the talk with your parents go?
Fairly well, they thought it looked appealing, but of course my Mother had a stupid ass answer for not considering it...If we did it at 70, I think it would be great, but it would be too hard to do now...I wouldn't know where to begin.
I told her that's easy, you pack and move.  She didn't respond to that.
She sounds like a tough egg to crack.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 12, 2019, 02:06:48 PM
rained out.
damn it.
Still raining here
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 12, 2019, 02:07:48 PM
Curivari Buenaventura BV 500 selected
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 12, 2019, 02:20:52 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 12, 2019, 02:34:46 PM
Curivari Buenaventura BV 500 selected
Very nice everyday budget cigars
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 12, 2019, 02:59:42 PM
Time to take book donations to the library, glasses donations to the municipal building and finish cleaning out the attic.  Home stretch.
If you mentioned it, I never saw - how did the talk with your parents go?
Fairly well, they thought it looked appealing, but of course my Mother had a stupid ass answer for not considering it...If we did it at 70, I think it would be great, but it would be too hard to do now...I wouldn't know where to begin.
I told her that's easy, you pack and move.  She didn't respond to that.
She sounds like a tough egg to crack.
Indeed, even though she's gotten softer in recent years (relative term)
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 12, 2019, 03:05:37 PM
Time to take book donations to the library, glasses donations to the municipal building and finish cleaning out the attic.  Home stretch.
If you mentioned it, I never saw - how did the talk with your parents go?
Fairly well, they thought it looked appealing, but of course my Mother had a stupid ass answer for not considering it...If we did it at 70, I think it would be great, but it would be too hard to do now...I wouldn't know where to begin.
I told her that's easy, you pack and move.  She didn't respond to that.
She sounds like a tough egg to crack.
Indeed, even though she's gotten softer in recent years (relative term)
Get them started by having a garage sale or donation run to start the downsizing process.  My mom was smart and started downsizing 25 yrs ago on her own.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 12, 2019, 03:05:48 PM
A lot of chicken fried rice for about $6, brought close to half of it home with me.
Lightweight!
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 12, 2019, 03:05:53 PM
In the man cave with a GoTF toro.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 12, 2019, 03:06:34 PM
Interestingly surprising, The 10 Cities People are Moving to the Most

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/919985/16
Don't see anyplace in NJ listed there...
Thank goodness. We're trying to keep the riffraff out.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 12, 2019, 03:25:58 PM
Interestingly surprising, The 10 Cities People are Moving to the Most

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/919985/16
Don't see anyplace in NJ listed there...
Thank goodness. We're trying to keep the riffraff out.
It's working, they're going to SC and FL.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 12, 2019, 03:27:08 PM
Interestingly surprising, The 10 Cities People are Moving to the Most

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/919985/16
Don't see anyplace in NJ listed there...
Thank goodness. We're trying to keep the riffraff out.
It's working, they're going to SC and FL.
Buh-bye!
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 12, 2019, 03:37:17 PM
Interestingly surprising, The 10 Cities People are Moving to the Most

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/919985/16
Don't see anyplace in NJ listed there...
Thank goodness. We're trying to keep the riffraff out.
It's working, they're going to SC and FL.
And Austin
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 12, 2019, 03:44:16 PM
I'm looking at a Perdomo Champagne 10th Anniversary toro for my commute smoke. It's been a while since I've smoked one.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 12, 2019, 03:54:15 PM
Interestingly surprising, The 10 Cities People are Moving to the Most

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/919985/16
Don't see anyplace in NJ listed there...
Thank goodness. We're trying to keep the riffraff out.
It's working, they're going to SC and FL.
And Austin
Mostly commies coming here. Though one could argue commies are a riffraff subset.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 12, 2019, 03:55:29 PM
I'm looking at a Perdomo Champagne 10th Anniversary toro for my commute smoke. It's been a while since I've smoked one.
Same for this GoTF.  Was out until that recent sampler deal.  Plus 25 inbound from that great sis deal, so I'm pretty well set on those.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 12, 2019, 03:57:38 PM
Interestingly surprising, The 10 Cities People are Moving to the Most

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/919985/16
Don't see anyplace in NJ listed there...
Thank goodness. We're trying to keep the riffraff out.
It's working, they're going to SC and FL.
And Austin
Mostly commies coming here. Though one could argue commies are a riffraff subset.
The ones coming here are usually one pill shy of croaking  from old age, NY, NJ, MA, OH and CT for the most part.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 12, 2019, 04:40:15 PM
Interestingly surprising, The 10 Cities People are Moving to the Most

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/919985/16
Don't see anyplace in NJ listed there...
Thank goodness. We're trying to keep the riffraff out.
It's working, they're going to SC and FL.
And Austin
Mostly commies coming here. Though one could argue commies are a riffraff subset.
The ones coming here are usually one pill shy of dying from old age, NY, NJ, MA, OH and CT for the most part.
I'm not surprised.  My college roommate was "retired" by his employer of almost 40 yrs and moved from Rochester, NY to Hilton Head a year ago.  He says his new neighborhood is filled with people from where he lived in NJ and NY.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 12, 2019, 04:45:23 PM
Interestingly surprising, The 10 Cities People are Moving to the Most

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/919985/16
Don't see anyplace in NJ listed there...
Thank goodness. We're trying to keep the riffraff out.
It's working, they're going to SC and FL.
And Austin
Mostly commies coming here. Though one could argue commies are a riffraff subset.
The ones coming here are usually one pill shy of croaking  from old age, NY, NJ, MA, OH and CT for the most part.
On a related topic you'll be proud to know Austin is now the most traffic congested city in the state and #14 in the US.  Woo-hoo!
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 12, 2019, 04:47:22 PM
Interestingly surprising, The 10 Cities People are Moving to the Most

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/919985/16
Don't see anyplace in NJ listed there...
Thank goodness. We're trying to keep the riffraff out.
It's working, they're going to SC and FL.
And Austin
Mostly commies coming here. Though one could argue commies are a riffraff subset.
The ones coming here are usually one pill shy of croaking  from old age, NY, NJ, MA, OH and CT for the most part.
On a related topic you'll be proud to know Austin is now the most traffic congested city in the state and #14 in the US.  Woo-hoo!
And gonna get worse too
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 12, 2019, 06:10:46 PM
Interestingly surprising, The 10 Cities People are Moving to the Most

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/919985/16
Don't see anyplace in NJ listed there...
Thank goodness. We're trying to keep the riffraff out.
It's working, they're going to SC and FL.
And Austin
Mostly commies coming here. Though one could argue commies are a riffraff subset.
The ones coming here are usually one pill shy of croaking  from old age, NY, NJ, MA, OH and CT for the most part.
On a related topic you'll be proud to know Austin is now the most traffic congested city in the state and #14 in the US.  Woo-hoo!
And gonna get worse too
Naw, your boy Mayor Adler says instead of adding lanes or other improvements to the roads we'll get mass transit.  It'll work great!
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 12, 2019, 06:17:31 PM
I'm looking at a Perdomo Champagne 10th Anniversary toro for my commute smoke. It's been a while since I've smoked one.
Fuller bodied than I remembered. Still a quality Perdomo. I'm getting a salty and slightly bitter component. Ash fell off (about 1.25") right before I snapped the photo.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190612/80d05d61788a82f5f0d550bd2e0074d9.jpg)
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 12, 2019, 08:12:01 PM
Let's go for 7!
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 12, 2019, 08:40:56 PM
I'm looking at a Perdomo Champagne 10th Anniversary toro for my commute smoke. It's been a while since I've smoked one.
Always good, but Perdomo's have gotten pretty damn pricy.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 12, 2019, 08:41:57 PM
Let's go for 7!
Your wish is my command.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 12, 2019, 08:42:22 PM
Let's go for 7!
Your wish is my command.
Heck, the night is young, lets go for 8.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 12, 2019, 09:31:52 PM
In the man cave with a GoTF toro.
Sounds like engine selection. Think I will join you.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 12, 2019, 09:32:25 PM
OK, maybe eight is optimistic without help...
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 12, 2019, 09:34:22 PM
Came across the ex's HS yearbook while cleaning all the junk out of the attic....should I return it or just chuck it?
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 12, 2019, 10:16:56 PM
Came across the ex's HS yearbook while cleaning all the junk out of the attic....should I return it or just chuck it?
Chuck it!
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 12, 2019, 11:04:40 PM
OK, maybe eight is optimistic without help...
TWHS
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 12, 2019, 11:05:15 PM
Came across the ex's HS yearbook while cleaning all the junk out of the attic....should I return it or just chuck it?
Chuck it!
+1
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 12, 2019, 11:05:15 PM
OK, maybe eight is optimistic without help...
TWHS
Hahaha. Good one.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 12, 2019, 11:12:57 PM
OK, maybe eight is optimistic without help...
TWHS
Hahaha. Good one.
NJDave knows how to draw me out.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 12, 2019, 11:35:27 PM
OK, maybe eight is optimistic without help...
TWHS
Hahaha. Good one.
NJDave knows how to draw me out.
I do what I can.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 12, 2019, 11:36:15 PM
Now what can we do for a few more posts?
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 12, 2019, 11:36:48 PM
OK, maybe eight is optimistic without help...
TWHS
Hahaha. Good one.
NJDave knows how to draw me out.
TWSS?
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 12, 2019, 11:39:28 PM
Next Room 101 up...

https://halfwheel.com/room101-doomsayer-debuting-at-ipcpr-2019/336486
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 12, 2019, 11:40:14 PM
Next Room 101 up...

https://halfwheel.com/room101-doomsayer-debuting-at-ipcpr-2019/336486
Not crazy about the size (6 x 55) but good pricepoint ($7.50)
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 12, 2019, 11:40:24 PM
Now what can we do for a few more posts?
I'm still working but I'll do my part...
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 12, 2019, 11:43:21 PM
And new 601 Bunker Buster (Smoke Inn exclusive) in a 5 1/2 x 56.

https://halfwheel.com/601-bunker-buster-fubar-release-scheduled-for-june-21/336471
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 12, 2019, 11:43:54 PM
Now what can we do for a few more posts?
I'm still working but I'll do my part...
We done it!
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 12, 2019, 11:48:10 PM
One more new cigar intro to look for...Diesel Whiskey Row Sherry Cask Robusto.  Very good initial reviews.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 12, 2019, 11:49:37 PM
And new 601 Bunker Buster (Smoke Inn exclusive) in a 5 1/2 x 56.

https://halfwheel.com/601-bunker-buster-fubar-release-scheduled-for-june-21/336471
I might have to take a walk over... Oh wait. I was thinking Cigar Inn. Never mind.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 12, 2019, 11:50:30 PM
One more new cigar intro to look for...Diesel Whiskey Row Sherry Cask Robusto.  Very good initial reviews.
Interesting. Is that a CI ONLY stick?
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 12, 2019, 11:50:47 PM
One more new cigar intro to look for...Diesel Whiskey Row Sherry Cask Robusto.  Very good initial reviews.
Sounds infused.
Title: Re: 6/12/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 12, 2019, 11:51:30 PM
OK, maybe eight is optimistic without help...
TWHS
Hahaha. Good one.
NJDave knows how to draw me out.
I do what I can.