CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on January 06, 2019, 12:01:04 AM

Title: 1/6/2019
Post by: CigarBanter on January 06, 2019, 12:01:04 AM
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 06, 2019, 03:21:54 AM
Happy Melchior, Caspar, and Balthasar day.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 06, 2019, 05:21:22 AM
Happy Melchior, Caspar, and Balthasar day.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 06, 2019, 05:24:05 AM
Happy Melchior, Caspar, and Balthasar day.
We three kings of Orient are
Bearing gifts, we traverse far
Field and fountain
Moor and mountain
Following yonder star
Oh, star of wonder, star of might
Star with royal beauty bright
Westward leading
Still proceeding
Guide us to thy perfect light
Born a babe on Bethlehem's plain
Gold we bring to crown him again
King forever, ceasing never
Over us all to reign
Oh, star of wonder, star of might
Star with royal beauty bright
Westward leading
Still proceeding
Guide us to the perfect light
Frankincense to offer have I
Incense owns a deity nigh
Prayer and praising, all men raising
Worship God on high
Oh, star of wonder, star of might
Star with royal beauty bright
Westward leading
Still proceeding
Guide us to the perfect light
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 06, 2019, 05:24:09 AM
Morning Gents
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 06, 2019, 05:24:33 AM
Morning Dean’O
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 06, 2019, 05:26:28 AM
Morning Dean’O
Morning Dean and Dave
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 06, 2019, 05:26:30 AM
good morning Tony and Dave. hotel room coffee 😞 and BrickHouse maduro robusto in the truck. nothing opens until 6am here, business meeting 9-12 then off to JC the Cuban Cigar Roller.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 06, 2019, 05:26:54 AM
Morning Dean’O
Morning Dean and Dave
morning Rick.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 06, 2019, 05:27:37 AM
today my baby girl is 35 years old.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 06, 2019, 05:29:27 AM
Hope you have a good time there at the cigar shop. When I looked at it on online prices looked decent at about 5 bucks a stick.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 06, 2019, 05:31:26 AM
today my baby girl is 35 years old.
Happy birthday to your daughter
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 06, 2019, 05:31:29 AM
Clear and 48° With light winds here this morning, up to 64° this afternoon with sunshine.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 06, 2019, 05:33:33 AM
Hope you have a good time there at the cigar shop. When I looked at it on online prices looked decent at about 5 bucks a stick.
he has 3 different blends and I'll walk out with 5 of each. I've stayed in touch with him the last few years since I first met him and have ordered online from him in the past. I'll probably watch him roll for about an hour and get caught up with him.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 06, 2019, 05:35:30 AM
Clear and 48° With light winds here this morning, up to 64° this afternoon with sunshine.
47° here, 5 mph breeze, humidity 89% and clear. only going into the high 50's today.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 06, 2019, 05:37:53 AM
Hope you have a good time there at the cigar shop. When I looked at it on online prices looked decent at about 5 bucks a stick.
he has 3 different blends and I'll walk out with 5 of each. I've stayed in touch with him the last few years since I first met him and have ordered online from him in the past. I'll probably watch him roll for about an hour and get caught up with him.
That's awesome. I did not know you had met him before, even better. I checked out that website you sent the link to.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 06, 2019, 05:39:07 AM
Morning Dean’O
Morning Dean and Dave
morning Rick.
Morning Blue
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 06, 2019, 05:39:51 AM
today my baby girl is 35 years old.
Happy birthday to your daughter
Another Happy Birthday 🎈
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 06, 2019, 05:43:16 AM
Hope you have a good time there at the cigar shop. When I looked at it on online prices looked decent at about 5 bucks a stick.
he has 3 different blends and I'll walk out with 5 of each. I've stayed in touch with him the last few years since I first met him and have ordered online from him in the past. I'll probably watch him roll for about an hour and get caught up with him.
That's awesome. I did not know you had met him before, even better. I checked out that website you sent the link to.
I met him 2 years ago, have visited him 3 times now and he was rolling at a wedding reception at the Plantation down the road from me I was invited to.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 06, 2019, 05:55:45 AM
only a C note.

https://halfwheel.com/fuente-fuente-opusx-man-eater/289323
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 06, 2019, 06:14:09 AM
I got my Starbucks coffee and a couple of danish and back in the truck.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 06, 2019, 06:23:56 AM
I got my Starbucks coffee and a couple of danish and back in the truck.
Glad you could get some real coffee!
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 06, 2019, 06:39:35 AM
I frequently watch the “How It’s Made” shows early on Sunday Mornings and as amazing as the automation is for some manufacturing processes it is even more amazing how non-automated other production processes still are.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 06, 2019, 06:41:46 AM
Dogs finally woke up so guess I will take them out for a walk before breakfast
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 06, 2019, 06:49:38 AM
Hope you have a good time there at the cigar shop. When I looked at it on online prices looked decent at about 5 bucks a stick.
She's the one who was recently engaged?
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 06, 2019, 06:52:38 AM
Good morning Dean, Dave, and Rick.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 06, 2019, 06:57:45 AM
Hope you have a good time there at the cigar shop. When I looked at it on online prices looked decent at about 5 bucks a stick.
She's the one who was recently engaged?
yes she is. 😊
my lawyer.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 06, 2019, 07:06:57 AM
Time for Sunday breakfast with big bro...
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 06, 2019, 07:11:22 AM
Good morning Dean, Dave, and Rick.
Good morning T.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 06, 2019, 07:17:56 AM
Time for Sunday breakfast with big bro...
Morning Mayor, enjoy the ride
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 06, 2019, 07:20:50 AM
it's a Tat kind of morning.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 06, 2019, 07:25:29 AM
it's a Tat kind of morning.
Nothing wrong with that smoking concept
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 06, 2019, 07:27:59 AM
Really a beautiful morning here, gorgeous sunrise.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 06, 2019, 07:30:01 AM
Really a beautiful morning here, gorgeous sunrise.
temps are going down here instead of up. bright sun though.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 06, 2019, 07:33:30 AM
Watching a fishing show made in the Bahamas and the narrator and world class fly fisherman, Flip Pallot, had a very relevant Thought for the Day:

Humans are becoming the Prey and Society is becoming the Predator!
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 06, 2019, 07:54:25 AM
my day is complete, just got to talk to my baby. 😁
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 06, 2019, 07:56:07 AM
my day is complete, just got to talk to my baby. 😁
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 06, 2019, 08:06:06 AM
need more coffee. will check back when I get home.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 06, 2019, 08:26:16 AM
it's a Tat kind of morning.
Pete will be glad to hear it!
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 06, 2019, 08:26:51 AM
my day is complete, just got to talk to my baby. 😁
Now just think of all the bonus time.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 06, 2019, 08:28:06 AM
Morning SCDave, ConferenceDean, PoopyRick and BrunchTony.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 06, 2019, 08:28:35 AM
Three pages for a Sunday morning, impressive.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 06, 2019, 08:30:32 AM
Today is Sunday, Jan. 6, the sixth day of 2019. There are 359 days left in the year.

On Jan. 6, 1945, George Herbert Walker Bush married Barbara Pierce at the First Presbyterian Church in Rye, N.Y.

In 1759, George Washington and Martha Dandridge Custis were married in New Kent County, Va.

In 1838, Samuel Morse and Alfred Vail gave the first successful public demonstration of their telegraph in Morristown, N.J.
In 1912, New Mexico became the 47th state.
In 1919, the 26th president of the United States, Theodore Roosevelt, died in Oyster Bay, N.Y., at age 60.
In 1941, President Franklin D. Roosevelt, in his State of the Union address, outlined a goal of “Four Freedoms”: Freedom of speech and expression; the freedom of people to worship God in their own way; freedom from want; freedom from fear.
In 1968, a surgical team at Stanford University School of Medicine in Palo Alto, Calif., led by Dr. Norman Shumway performed the first U.S. adult heart transplant, placing the heart of a 43-year-old man in a 54-year-old patient (the recipient died 15 days later).
In 1974, year-round daylight saving time began in the United States on a trial basis as a fuel-saving measure in response to the OPEC oil embargo.
In 1993, authorities rescued Jennifer Stolpa and her infant son, Clayton, after Jennifer’s husband, James, succeeded in reaching help, ending the family’s eight-day ordeal after becoming lost in the snow-covered Nevada desert. Jazz trumpeter Dizzy Gillespie, 75, died in Englewood, N.J.; ballet dancer Rudolf Nureyev died in suburban Paris at 54.
In 1994, figure skater Nancy Kerrigan was clubbed on the leg by an assailant at Detroit’s Cobo Arena; four men, including the ex-husband of Kerrigan’s rival, Tonya Harding, went to prison for their roles in the attack. (Harding pleaded guilty to conspiracy to hinder prosecution, but denied any advance knowledge about the assault.)
In 1998, In a new bid to expand health insurance, President Clinton unveiled a proposal to offer Medicare coverage to hundreds of thousands of uninsured Americans between the ages of 55 to 64.
In 2001, with Vice President Al Gore presiding in his capacity as president of the Senate, Congress formally certified George W. Bush the winner of the bitterly contested 2000 presidential election.
In 2003, Iraqi President Saddam Hussein accused U.N. inspectors of engaging in “intelligence work” instead of searching for suspected nuclear, chemical and biological weapons in his country.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 06, 2019, 08:32:24 AM
Ten years ago: Congress opened for business at the dawn of a new Democratic era with vows to fix the crisis-ridden economy; Republicans pledged cooperation in Congress as well as with President-elect Barack Obama — to a point. Obama vowed to “bring a long-overdue sense of responsibility and accountability to Washington” and called the need for budget reform “an absolute necessity.” Cheryl Holdridge, one of the original Mouseketeers on “The Mickey Mouse Club,” died in Santa Monica, Calif., at age 64.

Five years ago: The U.S. Supreme Court stayed a decision by a federal judge striking down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage so that the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals in Denver could decide the issue. (In June 2014, the Court of Appeals overturned the ban; in October, the U.S Supreme Court turned away appeals from five states seeking to preserve their bans, including Utah.) By a vote of 56-26, the U.S. Senate confirmed Janet Yellen as the first woman to lead the Federal Reserve. No. 1 Florida State beat No. 2 Auburn 34-31 in the BCS National Championship Game.

One year ago: Pushing back against a new book that said his own aides questioned his competence, President Donald Trump defended his mental fitness in a series of tweets, saying that he is “like, really smart” and “a very stable genius.” Japanese air bag maker Takata said it was recalling an additional 3.3 million faulty air bag inflators, expanding the largest automotive recall in U.S. history. About 100 million Americans were faced with a gusty deep freeze that followed a whopping East Coast snowstorm; the wind chill was close to minus 100 on New Hampshire’s Mount Washington.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 06, 2019, 08:33:11 AM
Thought for Today:

“Simplicity is an acquired taste. Mankind, left free, instinctively complicates life.” — Katharine Fullerton Gerould, American author (1879-1944).
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 06, 2019, 08:34:37 AM
Today’s Birthdays:
Country musician Joey, the CowPolka King (Riders in the Sky) is 70.
Former FBI director Louis Freeh is 69.
Rock singer-musician Kim Wilson (The Fabulous Thunderbirds) is 68.
Singer Jett Williams is 66.
Actor-comedian Rowan Atkinson is 64.
World Golf Hall of Famer Nancy Lopez is 62.
Actor Scott Bryce is 61.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Kathy Sledge is 60.
TV chef Nigella Lawson is 59.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Eric Williams (BLACKstreet) is 59.
Movie director John Singleton is 51.
Actor Aron Eisenberg is 50.
Actor Norman Reedus is 50.
TV personality Julie Chen is 49.
Actor Danny Pintauro (TV: “Who’s the Boss?”) is 43.
Actress Cristela Alonzo is 40.
Actress Rinko Kikuchi (RINK’-oh kih-KOO’chee) is 38.
Actor Eddie Redmayne is 37.
Retired NBA All-Star Gilbert Arenas is 37.
Actress-comedian Kate McKinnon is 35.
Actress Diona Reasonover is 35.
Rock singer Alex Turner (Arctic Monkeys) is 33.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 06, 2019, 08:44:08 AM
Some other notable birthdays:

1580 John Smith, English explorer (Chesapeake Bay, New England) and leader of the Virginia Colony (Jamestown), born in Lincolnshire, England (d. 1861)

1822 Heinrich Schliemann, German archaeologist who rediscovered Troy, born in Neubukow, Mecklenburg-Schwerin, German Confederation (d. 1890

1832 Gustave Doré, French painter and sculptor, born in Strasbourg, France (d. 1883)

1878 Carl Sandburg, American poet & biographer of Lincoln (The People, Yes), born in Galesburg, Illinois (d. 1967)

1880 Tom Mix [Thomas Hezikiah Mix], American silent screen cowboy actor (Dick Turpin), born in Mix Run, Pennsylvania (d. 1940)

1883 Khalil Gibran, Lebanese mystic & poet (The Prophet, Broken Wings), born in Bsharri, Lebanon (d. 1931)

1912 Danny Thomas, American comedian (Danny Thomas Show), born in Deerfield, Michigan (d. 1991)

1913 Loretta Young, American actress (Farmer's Daughter, Stranger), born in Salt Lake City, Utah (d. 2000)

1924 Earl Scruggs, American musician (& Flat-Ballad of Jed Clampett), born in Cleveland County, North Carolina (d. 2012)

1931 E. L. Doctorow, American author (Ragtime, Billy Bathgate), born in The Bronx, New York (d. 2015)

1937 Lou Holtz, American football coach (NJ Jets), born in Follansbee, West Virginia

1940 Van McCoy, American musician and songwriter (The Hustle), born in Englewood, New Jersey (d. 1979)

1946 Syd Barrett, English guitarist and early vocalist of the band Pink Floyd, born in Cambridge, England (d. 2006)

Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 06, 2019, 10:00:59 AM
Morning SCDave, ConferenceDean, PoopyRick and BrunchTony.
I can blame Tony for that I guess?
Good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 06, 2019, 10:03:47 AM
Do you guys know if you can turn off notifications going to your email for this site? I get a lot of emails and it would cut down on some.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 06, 2019, 10:17:41 AM
Do you guys know if you can turn off notifications going to your email for this site? I get a lot of emails and it would cut down on some.
I get PM notifications but nothing else and I believe that is an option.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: Threebean on January 06, 2019, 10:22:54 AM
Good morning Daves, Rick, and SundayDriveTony.  Going to be another nice day here weatherwise.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 06, 2019, 10:23:10 AM
Do you guys know if you can turn off notifications going to your email for this site? I get a lot of emails and it would cut down on some.
I get PM notifications but nothing else and I believe that is an option.
Try here:

http://cigarbanter.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=notification;u=23
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 06, 2019, 10:24:24 AM
Good morning Daves, Rick, and SundayDriveTony.  Going to be another nice day here weatherwise.
Morning Bean, beautiful day here too and I hope to be able to actually enjoy a cigar myself on the balcony today.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: Threebean on January 06, 2019, 10:25:08 AM
[...]

John Smith lived to be 281 yrs old?  Must have been a vampire.  Who knew.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: Threebean on January 06, 2019, 10:28:15 AM
Good morning Daves, Rick, and SundayDriveTony.  Going to be another nice day here weatherwise.
Morning Bean, beautiful day here too and I hope to be able to actually enjoy a cigar myself on the balcony today.
I hear ya.  This little house we live in now doesn't have much of a backyard view.  The new place has a covered back deck.  No tugboat canal view, mind you, but it will do.  If it stops raining long enough for them to pour the flat work we can move.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: Threebean on January 06, 2019, 10:30:38 AM
Good morning Daves, Rick, and SundayDriveTony.  Going to be another nice day here weatherwise.
Morning Bean, beautiful day here too and I hope to be able to actually enjoy a cigar myself on the balcony today.
I may take one for a walk in the park.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 06, 2019, 10:37:42 AM
Good morning Daves, Rick, and SundayDriveTony.  Going to be another nice day here weatherwise.
Morning Bean, beautiful day here too and I hope to be able to actually enjoy a cigar myself on the balcony today.
I hear ya.  This little house we live in now doesn't have a much of a backyard view.  The new place has a covered back deck.  No tugboat canal view, mind you, but it will do.  If it stops raining long enough for them to pour the flat work we can move.
That bizarre weather pattern over there has probably really hampered your construction
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 06, 2019, 10:38:27 AM
Good morning Daves, Rick, and SundayDriveTony.  Going to be another nice day here weatherwise.
Morning Bean, beautiful day here too and I hope to be able to actually enjoy a cigar myself on the balcony today.
I may take one for a walk in the park.
I had to look, thought Tony posted that one.😂
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: boilerchillerman on January 06, 2019, 10:38:58 AM
I changed some settings... Hope that works. I think it's time to run to 7/11 for a cup of coffee.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: Threebean on January 06, 2019, 10:41:31 AM
I changed some settings... Hope that works. I think it's time to run to 7/11 for a cup of coffee.
Welcome to the bant....oh wait.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: Threebean on January 06, 2019, 10:42:40 AM
Good morning Daves, Rick, and SundayDriveTony.  Going to be another nice day here weatherwise.
Morning Bean, beautiful day here too and I hope to be able to actually enjoy a cigar myself on the balcony today.
I hear ya.  This little house we live in now doesn't have a much of a backyard view.  The new place has a covered back deck.  No tugboat canal view, mind you, but it will do.  If it stops raining long enough for them to pour the flat work we can move.
That bizarre weather pattern over there has probably really hampered your construction
Indeed.  Hoping it's done end of the month, but it depends on the weather.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 06, 2019, 10:43:41 AM
I changed some settings... Hope that works. I think it's time to run to 7/11 for a cup of coffee.
Welcome to the bant....oh wait.
A new troll🤔

Mayor better get his ass back to work!
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: boilerchillerman on January 06, 2019, 10:44:20 AM
Just another noob
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 06, 2019, 11:37:34 AM
Morning SCDave, ConferenceDean, PoopyRick and BrunchTony.
Hardly a brunch. Starbucks coffee and some BSing. Stopped by QuickChek for a 2nd cup on the way home.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 06, 2019, 11:38:57 AM
Do you guys know if you can turn off notifications going to your email for this site? I get a lot of emails and it would cut down on some.
Definitely. But I can't remember if it's a Tapatalk setting or the site itself.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 06, 2019, 11:41:17 AM
Good morning, NJDave and TXMark.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: boilerchillerman on January 06, 2019, 11:41:49 AM
Do you guys know if you can turn off notifications going to your email for this site? I get a lot of emails and it would cut down on some.
Definitely. But I can't remember if it's a Tapatalk setting or the site itself.
I logged on the desktop. I should be all set. I must be special having all these happy poop's
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 06, 2019, 12:57:18 PM
I changed some settings... Hope that works. I think it's time to run to 7/11 for a cup of coffee.
Changed a couple of them all right....
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 06, 2019, 12:58:12 PM
Just another noob
Actually, we don't have many of those.  Welcome!
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 06, 2019, 12:59:17 PM
[...]

Had to put one out there to see if my editor was working.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 06, 2019, 01:00:34 PM
Good morning Daves, Rick, and SundayDriveTony.  Going to be another nice day here weatherwise.
Morning Bean, beautiful day here too and I hope to be able to actually enjoy a cigar myself on the balcony today.
I hear ya.  This little house we live in now doesn't have much of a backyard view.  The new place has a covered back deck.  No tugboat canal view, mind you, but it will do.  If it stops raining long enough for them to pour the flat work we can move.
New place will have a covered front porch and an extended side sun room available for smoking.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: Threebean on January 06, 2019, 01:16:06 PM
Good morning Daves, Rick, and SundayDriveTony.  Going to be another nice day here weatherwise.
Morning Bean, beautiful day here too and I hope to be able to actually enjoy a cigar myself on the balcony today.
I hear ya.  This little house we live in now doesn't have much of a backyard view.  The new place has a covered back deck.  No tugboat canal view, mind you, but it will do.  If it stops raining long enough for them to pour the flat work we can move.
New place will have a covered front porch and an extended side sun room available for smoking.
Save a couple of those Southern Draw for when I come visit!
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: Threebean on January 06, 2019, 01:17:12 PM
Fun article on the Clemson-Alabama setup.  If it needs a log in to read, message me.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/clemson-is-the-only-school-that-actually-wants-alabama-11546607657?mod=hp_major_pos25 (https://www.wsj.com/articles/clemson-is-the-only-school-that-actually-wants-alabama-11546607657?mod=hp_major_pos25)
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 06, 2019, 01:30:58 PM
Good morning Daves, Rick, and SundayDriveTony.  Going to be another nice day here weatherwise.
Morning Bean, beautiful day here too and I hope to be able to actually enjoy a cigar myself on the balcony today.
I hear ya.  This little house we live in now doesn't have much of a backyard view.  The new place has a covered back deck.  No tugboat canal view, mind you, but it will do.  If it stops raining long enough for them to pour the flat work we can move.
New place will have a covered front porch and an extended side sun room available for smoking.
Save a couple of those Southern Draw for when I come visit!
For sure!
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: cigarbreath on January 06, 2019, 01:52:21 PM
GFY!  Just trying to get going again.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: Threebean on January 06, 2019, 02:19:01 PM
GFY!  Just trying to get going again.
TWHS
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: Threebean on January 06, 2019, 02:20:45 PM
GFY!  Just trying to get going again.
And a big welcome to 2019 GFY back, ya ol' curmudgeon.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 06, 2019, 02:32:37 PM
Fun article on the Clemson-Alabama setup.  If it needs a log in to read, message me.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/clemson-is-the-only-school-that-actually-wants-alabama-11546607657?mod=hp_major_pos25 (https://www.wsj.com/articles/clemson-is-the-only-school-that-actually-wants-alabama-11546607657?mod=hp_major_pos25)
And a funny little record for Clemson having only won against AL one time in the last 113 years😂😂😂 and 4 times in history.

Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 06, 2019, 02:35:14 PM
Opened up the assorted singles humi drawer and a New World was right on the top up front so lit it up.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: boilerchillerman on January 06, 2019, 02:55:40 PM
GFY!  Just trying to get going again.
Hey CB. I have the chute pointed your way
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 06, 2019, 03:22:16 PM
I think BlueCollar created a new account.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 06, 2019, 03:24:45 PM
traffic in downtown St Augustine was dangerous. CC is in Miami at an event, there stock is very low, churchills only. I asked if the cut them down to robusto at same price. they sold me 15 churchills at robusto prices.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 06, 2019, 03:25:26 PM
now to fix something to eat and take down the Christmas tree.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: boilerchillerman on January 06, 2019, 03:55:12 PM
I think BlueCollar created a new account.
I got locked out of my account earlier. I am using phone app. I can't see. Did I ???
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 06, 2019, 03:56:37 PM
Cigar Reviewed: Daniel Marshall Art Cigar
Country of Origin: Nicaragua
Factory: Plasencia Cigars S.A.
Wrapper: Nicaragua
Binder: Nicaragua (Estelí)
Filler: Nicaragua (Jalapa)
Length: 6 1/4 Inches
Ring Gauge: 54
Vitola: Torpedo
MSRP: $999 (Boxes of 5, $4,995)*
Release Date: Summer 2018

https://halfwheel.com/daniel-marshall-art-cigar/289292
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 06, 2019, 04:36:27 PM
This damn thing on?
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 06, 2019, 04:43:06 PM
Do you guys know if you can turn off notifications going to your email for this site? I get a lot of emails and it would cut down on some.
Definitely. But I can't remember if it's a Tapatalk setting or the site itself.
I logged on the desktop. I should be all set. I must be special having all these happy poop's
I can't quite remember the comment you had made to make me customize your stars and turn them into poop emojis.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 06, 2019, 04:45:31 PM
Do you guys know if you can turn off notifications going to your email for this site? I get a lot of emails and it would cut down on some.
Definitely. But I can't remember if it's a Tapatalk setting or the site itself.
I logged on the desktop. I should be all set. I must be special having all these happy poop's
I can't quite remember the comment you had made to make me customize your stars and turn them into poop emojis.
I think it went like this " your a big turd " you get poopy faces
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 06, 2019, 04:48:04 PM
Well I straightened out my account, I think.  Or maybe I'll just troll ya
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 06, 2019, 04:48:05 PM
I think BlueCollar created a new account.
I got locked out of my account earlier. I am using phone app. I can't see. Did I ???
Yeah you did. I can unlock your other account. I'll reset the password and email you.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 06, 2019, 04:48:53 PM
This damn thing on?
Looks like you remembered your password.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 06, 2019, 04:49:44 PM
This damn thing on?
Looks like you remembered your password.
Yeah don't leave me home alone again
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 06, 2019, 04:49:59 PM
This damn thing on?
This is an astronomical number of posts compared to most Sundays.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 06, 2019, 04:54:40 PM
Gotta say the colibre makes a hell of a cut. I would have never attempted this on a  solomon(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190106/c0dc90b6e348188bcd50cf9903a875e7.jpg)
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 06, 2019, 04:57:00 PM
Gotta say the colibre makes a hell of a cut. I would have never attempted this on a  solomon(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190106/c0dc90b6e348188bcd50cf9903a875e7.jpg)
I need to buy that cutter. I don't like my Xikar V anymore. It's gotten dull.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 06, 2019, 04:59:47 PM
I may bring one of my pipes out of hibernation this week.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 06, 2019, 05:19:21 PM
Just another noob
the Leo avi was the give away. I met him personally. 😁
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: Threebean on January 06, 2019, 06:06:47 PM
Gotta say the colibre makes a hell of a cut. I would have never attempted this on a  solomon(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190106/c0dc90b6e348188bcd50cf9903a875e7.jpg)
I need to buy that cutter. I don't like my Xikar V anymore. It's gotten dull.
Doesn't Xikar offer lifetime warranty with free replacement?  Just pay postage.  Or I might be talkin' out my azz.  Been known to happen.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: Threebean on January 06, 2019, 06:07:17 PM
This damn thing on?
This is an astronomical number of posts compared to most Sundays.
Indeed. Dare we think page 8?
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: Short stack on January 06, 2019, 06:11:44 PM
Gotta say the colibre makes a hell of a cut. I would have never attempted this on a  solomon(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190106/c0dc90b6e348188bcd50cf9903a875e7.jpg)
I need to buy that cutter. I don't like my Xikar V anymore. It's gotten dull.
Doesn't Xikar offer lifetime warranty with free replacement?  Just pay postage.  Or I might be talkin' out my azz.  Been known to happen.
/You are correct I do it regularly
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 06, 2019, 06:26:49 PM
Gotta say the colibre makes a hell of a cut. I would have never attempted this on a  solomon(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190106/c0dc90b6e348188bcd50cf9903a875e7.jpg)
I need to buy that cutter. I don't like my Xikar V anymore. It's gotten dull.
Doesn't Xikar offer lifetime warranty with free replacement?  Just pay postage.  Or I might be talkin' out my azz.  Been known to happen.
Not sure they still honor that but they may. Just a pain in the ass to send it.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 06, 2019, 06:28:41 PM
Gotta say the colibre makes a hell of a cut. I would have never attempted this on a  solomon(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190106/c0dc90b6e348188bcd50cf9903a875e7.jpg)
I need to buy that cutter. I don't like my Xikar V anymore. It's gotten dull.
Doesn't Xikar offer lifetime warranty with free replacement?  Just pay postage.  Or I might be talkin' out my azz.  Been known to happen.
/You are correct I do it regularly
Happy new year, short stack.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: Short stack on January 06, 2019, 06:30:03 PM
Gotta say the colibre makes a hell of a cut. I would have never attempted this on a  solomon(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190106/c0dc90b6e348188bcd50cf9903a875e7.jpg)
I need to buy that cutter. I don't like my Xikar V anymore. It's gotten dull.
Doesn't Xikar offer lifetime warranty with free replacement?  Just pay postage.  Or I might be talkin' out my azz.  Been known to happen.
/You are correct I do it regularly
Happy new year, short stack.
Same to all of you fellas
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 06, 2019, 06:33:34 PM
Gotta say the colibre makes a hell of a cut. I would have never attempted this on a  solomon(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190106/c0dc90b6e348188bcd50cf9903a875e7.jpg)
I need to buy that cutter. I don't like my Xikar V anymore. It's gotten dull.
Doesn't Xikar offer lifetime warranty with free replacement?  Just pay postage.  Or I might be talkin' out my azz.  Been known to happen.
/You are correct I do it regularly
I may have to do it.

Edit: At CigarFest I've given them my lighter and they've tried to fix it on the spot. In one case, they thought it was a lost cause and replaced it with a new one.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: cigarbreath on January 06, 2019, 06:34:12 PM
Gotta say the colibre makes a hell of a cut. I would have never attempted this on a  solomon(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190106/c0dc90b6e348188bcd50cf9903a875e7.jpg)
I need to buy that cutter. I don't like my Xikar V anymore. It's gotten dull.
Doesn't Xikar offer lifetime warranty with free replacement?  Just pay postage.  Or I might be talkin' out my azz.  Been known to happen.
Yes they do.  Sent them some lighters and they fixed what they couldn’t replace.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 06, 2019, 06:37:16 PM
Hello, DaveMike.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: cigarbreath on January 06, 2019, 06:52:37 PM
GFY!  Just trying to get going again.
Hey CB. I have the chute pointed your way (https://s3.amazonaws.com/tapatalk-emoji/emoji16.png)
Chill boiler man.  Wasn’t sure the thing still ran.  Been 3 or 4 years since I had any snow to blow.  Tune up and oil change and it started right up.  Electric start of course.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 06, 2019, 07:26:42 PM
Oh c'mon man you can still rip and old blower.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 06, 2019, 07:27:31 PM
Oh c'mon man you can still rip and old blower.
TWHS
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 06, 2019, 07:30:22 PM
Dean did a nice job catching that damn troll today    lol. Leo was the give away.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 06, 2019, 07:32:40 PM
Dean did a nice job catching that damn troll today    lol. Leo was the give away.
I just assumed you changed your username to boilerchillerman, which you can do pretty easily if you no longer want to be bluecollar.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 06, 2019, 07:34:02 PM
Dean did a nice job catching that damn troll today    lol. Leo was the give away.
Leo(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190107/acf03e51e56371f86227730147202ea9.jpg)
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 06, 2019, 07:39:35 PM
Dean did a nice job catching that damn troll today    lol. Leo was the give away.
Leo(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190107/acf03e51e56371f86227730147202ea9.jpg)
What's for dinner there?
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 06, 2019, 07:43:21 PM
This Philadelphia vs Chicago wild card game is a nail biter.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 06, 2019, 07:45:31 PM
This Philadelphia vs Chicago wild card game is a nail biter.
It's an exciting game.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 06, 2019, 07:49:39 PM
This Philadelphia vs Chicago wild card game is a nail biter.
It's an exciting game.
Can you believe it?
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 06, 2019, 07:50:54 PM
This Philadelphia vs Chicago wild card game is a nail biter.
It's an exciting game.
I'm not happy with the result but it was an awesome end.
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 06, 2019, 08:56:54 PM
This damn thing on?
This is an astronomical number of posts compared to most Sundays.
Indeed. Dare we think page 8?
9 even?
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: cigarbreath on January 06, 2019, 09:35:09 PM
This damn thing on?
This is an astronomical number of posts compared to most Sundays.
Indeed. Dare we think page 8?
9 even?
Surely not!
Title: Re: 1/6/2019
Post by: Threebean on January 06, 2019, 10:47:40 PM
(https://media.giphy.com/media/AhBamQBTi3HEY/giphy.gif)