CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on July 21, 2020, 01:15:49 AM

Title: 7/21/2020
Post by: CigarBanter on July 21, 2020, 01:15:49 AM
Happy Tuesday! In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: bluecollar on July 21, 2020, 05:25:48 AM
Good morning. Days and nights are slipping away.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2020, 05:36:08 AM
Good morning. Days and nights are slipping away.
And the days are getting shorter. Morning, Rick.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: bluecollar on July 21, 2020, 05:43:59 AM
Good morning. Days and nights are slipping away.
And the days are getting shorter. Morning, Rick.
Hey Good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on July 21, 2020, 05:58:40 AM
good morning Dave and Rick.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on July 21, 2020, 06:01:20 AM
got all my planned chores done yesterday. just waiting for the garbageman to show to make sure he hauls away my old grill. new one is out for delivery so if and when it arrives I know it'll need assembly. ribs tomorrow if successful.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2020, 06:11:27 AM
got all my planned chores done yesterday. just waiting for the garbageman to show to make sure he hauls away my old grill. new one is out for delivery so if and when it arrives I know it'll need assembly. ribs tomorrow if successful.
Gotta love a new grill. Finally got one this year after running the last one through its paces for 14 years.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2020, 06:28:17 AM
Good morning, Rick, Dave, and Dean.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: bluecollar on July 21, 2020, 06:43:02 AM
Good morning, Rick, Dave, and Dean.
Good morning Dean and Tony
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2020, 06:59:24 AM
Another hot one here. My car registered 107° at one point yesterday.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2020, 07:01:41 AM
Another hot one here. My car registered 107° at one point yesterday.
Woof. We were a bit cooler yesterday. We went 4 out of 5 days in the 90s before that.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on July 21, 2020, 07:31:00 AM
Morning all , so was it a good deal?
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2020, 07:41:24 AM
Morning all , so was it a good deal?
Sure seems like it, congrats.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on July 21, 2020, 07:46:56 AM
morning Tony and DaveOy.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on July 21, 2020, 07:49:00 AM
got all my planned chores done yesterday. just waiting for the garbageman to show to make sure he hauls away my old grill. new one is out for delivery so if and when it arrives I know it'll need assembly. ribs tomorrow if successful.
Gotta love a new grill. Finally got one this year after running the last one through its paces for 14 years.
I think I got almost 4 unprotected from the element years out of it. it was just a small 2 burner. new one is a small 3 burner with grill cover. if it gets here.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2020, 07:50:04 AM
Morning all , so was it a good deal?
I saw them last evening but didn't get a close enough look. It seems like a decent deal even though shipping isn't free. Rick might know better because he smokes those on the regular.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2020, 08:00:39 AM
got all my planned chores done yesterday. just waiting for the garbageman to show to make sure he hauls away my old grill. new one is out for delivery so if and when it arrives I know it'll need assembly. ribs tomorrow if successful.
Gotta love a new grill. Finally got one this year after running the last one through its paces for 14 years.
I think I got almost 4 unprotected from the element years out of it. it was just a small 2 burner. new one is a small 3 burner with grill cover. if it gets here.
Old one was a 3 burner, but had to go up to 4 burners this time. I always joked I either needed a bigger grill or a smaller family. Went with the bigger grill, cheaper that way. ;)
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on July 21, 2020, 08:16:38 AM
got all my planned chores done yesterday. just waiting for the garbageman to show to make sure he hauls away my old grill. new one is out for delivery so if and when it arrives I know it'll need assembly. ribs tomorrow if successful.
Gotta love a new grill. Finally got one this year after running the last one through its paces for 14 years.
I think I got almost 4 unprotected from the element years out of it. it was just a small 2 burner. new one is a small 3 burner with grill cover. if it gets here.
Old one was a 3 burner, but had to go up to 4 burners this time. I always joked I either needed a bigger grill or a smaller family. Went with the bigger grill, cheaper that way. ;)
I have a rack of ribs to break it in with.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2020, 08:18:13 AM
got all my planned chores done yesterday. just waiting for the garbageman to show to make sure he hauls away my old grill. new one is out for delivery so if and when it arrives I know it'll need assembly. ribs tomorrow if successful.
Gotta love a new grill. Finally got one this year after running the last one through its paces for 14 years.
I think I got almost 4 unprotected from the element years out of it. it was just a small 2 burner. new one is a small 3 burner with grill cover. if it gets here.
Old one was a 3 burner, but had to go up to 4 burners this time. I always joked I either needed a bigger grill or a smaller family. Went with the bigger grill, cheaper that way. ;)
I have a rack of ribs to break it in with.
Sounds like a winner to me.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2020, 08:25:52 AM
got all my planned chores done yesterday. just waiting for the garbageman to show to make sure he hauls away my old grill. new one is out for delivery so if and when it arrives I know it'll need assembly. ribs tomorrow if successful.
Gotta love a new grill. Finally got one this year after running the last one through its paces for 14 years.
I think I got almost 4 unprotected from the element years out of it. it was just a small 2 burner. new one is a small 3 burner with grill cover. if it gets here.
Old one was a 3 burner, but had to go up to 4 burners this time. I always joked I either needed a bigger grill or a smaller family. Went with the bigger grill, cheaper that way. ;)
Amén, brother.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: bluecollar on July 21, 2020, 08:29:47 AM
Morning all , so was it a good deal?
I saw them last evening but didn't get a close enough look. It seems like a decent deal even though shipping isn't free. Rick might know better because he smokes those on the regular.
Good morning OY. About 4 bucks a piece is the going when you can find them. I often smoke the 5x52. A very fine cigar any time of day.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2020, 08:45:04 AM
Morning all , so was it a good deal?
I saw them last evening but didn't get a close enough look. It seems like a decent deal even though shipping isn't free. Rick might know better because he smokes those on the regular.
Good morning OY. About 4 bucks a piece is the going when you can find them. I often smoke the 5x52. A very fine cigar any time of day.
See? I knew this banter site was good for something.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2020, 09:13:49 AM
Morning all , so was it a good deal?
I saw them last evening but didn't get a close enough look. It seems like a decent deal even though shipping isn't free. Rick might know better because he smokes those on the regular.
Good morning OY. About 4 bucks a piece is the going when you can find them. I often smoke the 5x52. A very fine cigar any time of day.
See? I knew this banter site was good for something.
Only took 6 years. :D
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 21, 2020, 09:35:25 AM
Morning all , so was it a good deal?
I would say you did fine.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 21, 2020, 09:37:28 AM
Morning Rick, Dave, Dean, Tony and Oy
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 21, 2020, 09:38:57 AM
got all my planned chores done yesterday. just waiting for the garbageman to show to make sure he hauls away my old grill. new one is out for delivery so if and when it arrives I know it'll need assembly. ribs tomorrow if successful.
Gotta love a new grill. Finally got one this year after running the last one through its paces for 14 years.
I think I got almost 4 unprotected from the element years out of it. it was just a small 2 burner. new one is a small 3 burner with grill cover. if it gets here.
Old one was a 3 burner, but had to go up to 4 burners this time. I always joked I either needed a bigger grill or a smaller family. Went with the bigger grill, cheaper that way. ;)Sounds like Fishmath to me.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 21, 2020, 09:42:21 AM
Today is Tuesday, July 21, the 203rd day of 2020. There are 163 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On July 21, 1925, the so-called “Monkey Trial” ended in Dayton, Tennessee, with John T. Scopes found guilty of violating state law for teaching Darwin’s Theory of Evolution. (The conviction was later overturned on a technicality.)

On this date:
In 1796, Scottish poet Robert Burns died in Dumfries at age 37.
In 1861, during the Civil War, the first Battle of Bull Run was fought at Manassas, Virginia, resulting in a Confederate victory.

In 1944, American forces landed on Guam during World War II, capturing it from the Japanese some three weeks later. The Democratic National Convention in Chicago nominated Sen. Harry S. Truman to be vice president.
In 1969, Apollo 11 astronauts Neil Armstrong and Edwin “Buzz” Aldrin blasted off from the moon aboard the ascent stage of the lunar module for docking with the command module.

In 1980, draft registration began in the United States for 19- and 20-year-old men.
In 1990, a benefit concert took place in Germany at the site of the fallen Berlin Wall; the concert, which drew some 200,000 people, was headlined by Roger Waters, a founder of Pink Floyd. (The concert ended with the collapse of a mock Berlin Wall made of styrofoam.)

In 1998, astronaut Alan Shepard died in Monterey, California, at age 74; actor Robert Young died in Westlake Village, California, at age 91.
In 1999, Navy divers found and recovered the bodies of John F. Kennedy Jr., his wife, Carolyn, and sister-in-law, Lauren Bessette (bih-SEHT’), in the wreckage of Kennedy’s plane in the Atlantic Ocean off Martha’s Vineyard.

In 2000, Special Counsel John C. Danforth concluded “with 100 percent certainty” that the federal government was innocent of wrongdoing in the siege that killed 80 members of the Branch Davidian compound near Waco, Texas, in 1993.
In 2009, prosecutors in Cambridge, Massachusetts, dropped a disorderly conduct charge against prominent Black scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr., who was arrested by a white officer at his home near Harvard University after a report of a break-in.

In 2011, the 30-year-old space shuttle program ended as Atlantis landed at Cape Canaveral, Florida, after the 135th shuttle flight.
In 2008, former Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadzic (RA’-doh-van KA’-ra-jich), one of the world’s top war crimes fugitives, was arrested in a Belgrade suburb by Serbian security forces. (He was sentenced by a U.N. court in 2019 to life imprisonment after being convicted of genocide, crimes against humanity and war crimes.)
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 21, 2020, 09:43:09 AM
Ten years ago: A triumphant President Barack Obama signed into law the most sweeping overhaul of U.S. lending and high finance rules since the 1930s.

Five years ago: The Defense Department said a U.S. airstrike in Syria on July 8, 2015 had killed Muhsin al-Fadhli, a key figure in the Khorasan Group, a dangerous al-Qaida offshoot. Ohio Gov. John Kasich became the 16th notable Republican contestant to enter the U.S. 2016 presidential race. After a nearly decade-long steroids prosecution, Barry Bonds emerged victorious when federal prosecutors dropped what was left of their criminal case against the career home runs leader.

One year ago: Clashes involving Hong Kong’s protest movement escalated violently, with police launching tear gas at protesters who didn’t disband after a march, and subway riders being attacked by masked assailants who appeared to be targeting the pro-democracy demonstrators. Disney’s photorealistic remake of “The Lion King” wiped out opening-weekend box office records for the month of July, while “Avengers: Endgame” crept past Avatar to become the highest-grossing film of all time. As a sellout crowd cheered him on, Irishman Shane Lowry won the British Open by six shots at Royal Portrush, a course in Northern Ireland that had last hosted the Open in 1951.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 21, 2020, 09:46:44 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Movie director Norman Jewison is 94.
Actor Leigh Lawson is 77.
Singer Yusuf Islam (also known as Cat Stevens) is 72.
Cartoonist Garry Trudeau is 72.
Actor Jamey Sheridan is 69.
Rock singer-musician Eric Bazilian (The Hooters) is 67.
Comedian Jon Lovitz is 63.
Actor Lance Guest is 60.
Actor Matt Mulhern is 60.
Comedian Greg Behrendt is 57.
Rock singer Emerson Hart is 51.
Rock-soul singer Michael Fitzpatrick (Fitz and the Tantrums) is 50.
Actress Alysia Reiner is 50.
Country singer Paul Brandt is 48.
Christian rock musician Korey Cooper (Skillet) is 48.
Actress Ali Landry is 47.
Actor-comedian Steve Byrne is 46.
Rock musician Tato Melgar (Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real) is 43.
Actor Justin Bartha is 42.
Actor Josh Hartnett is 42.
Contemporary Christian singer Brandon Heath is 42.
Actress Sprague Grayden is 42.
Reggae singer Damian Marley is 42.
Country singer Brad Mates (Emerson Drive) is 42.
MLB All-Star pitcher CC Sabathia (suh-BATH’-ee-uh) is 40.
Singer Blake Lewis (”American Idol”) is 39.
Latin singer Romeo Santos is 39.
Rock musician Will Berman (MGMT) is 38.
Rock musician Johan Carlsson (Carolina Liar) is 36.
Actress Vanessa Lengies (LEHN’-jeez) is 35.
Actress Betty Gilpin is 34.
Actor Rory Culkin is 31.
Actor Jamie Waylett (”Harry Potter” films) is 31.
Figure skater Rachael Flatt is 28.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 21, 2020, 09:47:28 AM
Cartoon 'O the Day
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 21, 2020, 09:50:16 AM
Some La Palina Bronze up on the Sis for Tony.  Wouldn't say it was my favorite La Palina.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: bluecollar on July 21, 2020, 10:00:08 AM
Morning Rick, Dave, Dean, Tony and Oy
Good morning Clemson Dave
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: bluecollar on July 21, 2020, 10:03:28 AM
Morning Rick, Dave, Dean, Tony and Oy
Hey Dave did you get that fresh 4 mega sampler before it was gone?
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2020, 10:08:52 AM
got all my planned chores done yesterday. just waiting for the garbageman to show to make sure he hauls away my old grill. new one is out for delivery so if and when it arrives I know it'll need assembly. ribs tomorrow if successful.
Gotta love a new grill. Finally got one this year after running the last one through its paces for 14 years.
I think I got almost 4 unprotected from the element years out of it. it was just a small 2 burner. new one is a small 3 burner with grill cover. if it gets here.
Old one was a 3 burner, but had to go up to 4 burners this time. I always joked I either needed a bigger grill or a smaller family. Went with the bigger grill, cheaper that way. ;)Sounds like Fishmath to me.
Does anyone remember the fishes? Both gmrfish and sfish?
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2020, 10:10:16 AM
Cartoon 'O the Day
I'm loving this new feature.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2020, 10:10:50 AM
Good morning, ClemsonDave.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2020, 10:23:39 AM
got all my planned chores done yesterday. just waiting for the garbageman to show to make sure he hauls away my old grill. new one is out for delivery so if and when it arrives I know it'll need assembly. ribs tomorrow if successful.
Gotta love a new grill. Finally got one this year after running the last one through its paces for 14 years.
I think I got almost 4 unprotected from the element years out of it. it was just a small 2 burner. new one is a small 3 burner with grill cover. if it gets here.
Old one was a 3 burner, but had to go up to 4 burners this time. I always joked I either needed a bigger grill or a smaller family. Went with the bigger grill, cheaper that way. ;)Sounds like Fishmath to me.
Does anyone remember the fishes? Both gmrfish and sfish?
Not ringing any bells.  8)
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2020, 10:27:48 AM
Wish me luck. Gonna try tackling an HVAC issue myself. I believe it's more plumbing related but I have to try before bringing in the professionals.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on July 21, 2020, 10:28:27 AM
damn it:

Duke Energy: The estimated time for power to be on is currently 02:00PM on Jul 21 for; outage caused by object in contact with line. Approx 1969 customers impacted.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on July 21, 2020, 10:31:09 AM
got all my planned chores done yesterday. just waiting for the garbageman to show to make sure he hauls away my old grill. new one is out for delivery so if and when it arrives I know it'll need assembly. ribs tomorrow if successful.
Gotta love a new grill. Finally got one this year after running the last one through its paces for 14 years.
I think I got almost 4 unprotected from the element years out of it. it was just a small 2 burner. new one is a small 3 burner with grill cover. if it gets here.
Old one was a 3 burner, but had to go up to 4 burners this time. I always joked I either needed a bigger grill or a smaller family. Went with the bigger grill, cheaper that way. ;)Sounds like Fishmath to me.
Does anyone remember the fishes? Both gmrfish and sfish?
yep. Greg stayed at my place one year with Rick and WhoTheFuckIsButch for golf, cigars, and grilling.
Scott on the other hand is only forgotten until he makes his quarterly post.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2020, 10:31:19 AM
damn it:

Duke Energy: The estimated time for power to be on is currently 02:00PM on Jul 21 for; outage caused by object in contact with line. Approx 1969 customers impacted.
I'm assuming you are one of them?
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 21, 2020, 10:38:35 AM
got all my planned chores done yesterday. just waiting for the garbageman to show to make sure he hauls away my old grill. new one is out for delivery so if and when it arrives I know it'll need assembly. ribs tomorrow if successful.
Gotta love a new grill. Finally got one this year after running the last one through its paces for 14 years.
I think I got almost 4 unprotected from the element years out of it. it was just a small 2 burner. new one is a small 3 burner with grill cover. if it gets here.
Old one was a 3 burner, but had to go up to 4 burners this time. I always joked I either needed a bigger grill or a smaller family. Went with the bigger grill, cheaper that way. ;)Sounds like Fishmath to me.
Does anyone remember the fishes? Both gmrfish and sfish?

 ::)
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 21, 2020, 10:40:41 AM
Morning Rick, Dave, Dean, Tony and Oy
Hey Dave did you get that fresh 4 mega sampler before it was gone?
Yea, but it's still available isn't it?  Shows available on the page.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 21, 2020, 10:43:55 AM
[...]
SFish is busier than a one armed paper hanger with an itch.  Merck has decided to consolidate their operations on his site.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 21, 2020, 10:44:56 AM
damn it:

Duke Energy: The estimated time for power to be on is currently 02:00PM on Jul 21 for; outage caused by object in contact with line. Approx 1969 customers impacted.
I'm assuming you are one of them?
Must be one of those tree climbing boa constrictors...
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: bluecollar on July 21, 2020, 10:50:03 AM
[...]
Yeah that was a great time. Dean I wish I had the photos from that day. I will have to look back some.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: bluecollar on July 21, 2020, 10:51:47 AM
Morning Rick, Dave, Dean, Tony and Oy
Hey Dave did you get that fresh 4 mega sampler before it was gone?
Yea, but it's still available isn't it?  Shows available on the page.
It doesn't have the buy now. No way to put in cart. Luckily mine will be here tomorrow
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2020, 10:52:14 AM
damn it:

Duke Energy: The estimated time for power to be on is currently 02:00PM on Jul 21 for; outage caused by object in contact with line. Approx 1969 customers impacted.
D'oh!
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: bluecollar on July 21, 2020, 10:53:36 AM
Wish me luck. Gonna try tackling an HVAC issue myself. I believe it's more plumbing related but I have to try before bringing in the professionals.
If you need anything I can help walk you through give me a shout.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2020, 10:58:07 AM
[...]
I'm friends with Greg on FB, so we interact often. Scotty I don't hear much from. I think he's still smarting because he couldn't hang out with Nate and me for CF this year. :D
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 21, 2020, 11:20:28 AM
Dean's favorite place, The Villages, no longer spared from COVID.

https://www.villages-news.com/2020/07/13/deadly-covid-19-virus-continues-to-hammer-the-villages-and-nearby-communities/
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2020, 11:24:20 AM
Wish me luck. Gonna try tackling an HVAC issue myself. I believe it's more plumbing related but I have to try before bringing in the professionals.
If you need anything I can help walk you through give me a shout.
Much appreciated. What time can you be here?

I'm guessing I created this mess. Went too long between changing filter and now there appears to be a clog in the condensation line. Opened one end and attempting to snake it but it seems to get stuck after 6 1/2'  where the PVC takes a 90° turn. The air has been turned off for about 8 hours and the open end is dripping water steadily into a bucket for now.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2020, 11:27:55 AM
Dean's favorite place, The Villages, no longer spared from COVID.

https://www.villages-news.com/2020/07/13/deadly-covid-19-virus-continues-to-hammer-the-villages-and-nearby-communities/
That seems like a place where the virus could just tear through like wildfire.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: bluecollar on July 21, 2020, 11:29:56 AM
Wish me luck. Gonna try tackling an HVAC issue myself. I believe it's more plumbing related but I have to try before bringing in the professionals.
If you need anything I can help walk you through give me a shout.
Much appreciated. What time can you be here?

I'm guessing I created this mess. Went too long between changing filter and now there appears to be a clog in the condensation line. Opened one end and attempting to snake it but it seems to get stuck after 6 1/2'  where the PVC takes a 90° turn. The air has been turned off for about 8 hours and the open end is dripping water steadily into a bucket for now.
Sounds like you may have some sludge forming in the condensate line. You could from the highest point try some bleach and warm water to open some of the restriction.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on July 21, 2020, 11:31:31 AM
Dean's favorite place, The Villages, no longer spared from COVID.

https://www.villages-news.com/2020/07/13/deadly-covid-19-virus-continues-to-hammer-the-villages-and-nearby-communities/

yep, too friendly.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2020, 11:35:47 AM
Wish me luck. Gonna try tackling an HVAC issue myself. I believe it's more plumbing related but I have to try before bringing in the professionals.
If you need anything I can help walk you through give me a shout.
Much appreciated. What time can you be here?

I'm guessing I created this mess. Went too long between changing filter and now there appears to be a clog in the condensation line. Opened one end and attempting to snake it but it seems to get stuck after 6 1/2'  where the PVC takes a 90° turn. The air has been turned off for about 8 hours and the open end is dripping water steadily into a bucket for now.
Sounds like you may have some sludge forming in the condensate line. You could from the highest point try some bleach and warm water to open some of the restriction.
I may try that next. Trying to snake now from the trap. I'll keep you posted.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2020, 11:46:14 AM
#Plumbingbanter.com
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2020, 11:48:59 AM
#Plumbingbanter.com
Not our worst version.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2020, 11:54:17 AM
#Plumbingbanter.com
Not our worst version.
Can't believe how many right angles this condensation line has in it. Can't easily get the snake through it. Kinda blows.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: bluecollar on July 21, 2020, 12:03:08 PM
Wish me luck. Gonna try tackling an HVAC issue myself. I believe it's more plumbing related but I have to try before bringing in the professionals.
If you need anything I can help walk you through give me a shout.
Much appreciated. What time can you be here?

I'm guessing I created this mess. Went too long between changing filter and now there appears to be a clog in the condensation line. Opened one end and attempting to snake it but it seems to get stuck after 6 1/2'  where the PVC takes a 90° turn. The air has been turned off for about 8 hours and the open end is dripping water steadily into a bucket for now.
Sounds like you may have some sludge forming in the condensate line. You could from the highest point try some bleach and warm water to open some of the restriction.
I may try that next. Trying to snake now from the trap. I'll keep you posted.
A plugged filter can cause a frozen evaporator. Your unit may be slightly under charge. A complete thaw would be necessary. It's tough to diagnose w o seeing it. Just trying to be helpful
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on July 21, 2020, 12:04:00 PM
time to go to work.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2020, 12:15:54 PM
[...]

Much appreciated. I'm gonna try the bleach and warm water next and if it doesn't work I'll call in the cavalry.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2020, 12:16:54 PM
[...]

The filter was replaced weeks ago. I think the issue is sludge.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2020, 12:19:04 PM
time to go to work.
Have fun, Deano. Stay hydrated.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: bluecollar on July 21, 2020, 12:37:35 PM
time to go to work.
Have fun, Deano. Stay hydrated.
+1
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: razgueado on July 21, 2020, 12:59:41 PM
Morning, muchachos.  Late checkin today.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: razgueado on July 21, 2020, 01:03:23 PM
got all my planned chores done yesterday. just waiting for the garbageman to show to make sure he hauls away my old grill. new one is out for delivery so if and when it arrives I know it'll need assembly. ribs tomorrow if successful.
Gotta love a new grill. Finally got one this year after running the last one through its paces for 14 years.
I think I got almost 4 unprotected from the element years out of it. it was just a small 2 burner. new one is a small 3 burner with grill cover. if it gets here.
Old one was a 3 burner, but had to go up to 4 burners this time. I always joked I either needed a bigger grill or a smaller family. Went with the bigger grill, cheaper that way. ;)Sounds like Fishmath to me.
Does anyone remember the fishes? Both gmrfish and sfish?
Didn't sfish drop by not too many months ago?  Like, just before the COVID nightmare started?
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2020, 01:22:17 PM
got all my planned chores done yesterday. just waiting for the garbageman to show to make sure he hauls away my old grill. new one is out for delivery so if and when it arrives I know it'll need assembly. ribs tomorrow if successful.
Gotta love a new grill. Finally got one this year after running the last one through its paces for 14 years.
I think I got almost 4 unprotected from the element years out of it. it was just a small 2 burner. new one is a small 3 burner with grill cover. if it gets here.
Old one was a 3 burner, but had to go up to 4 burners this time. I always joked I either needed a bigger grill or a smaller family. Went with the bigger grill, cheaper that way. ;)Sounds like Fishmath to me.
Does anyone remember the fishes? Both gmrfish and sfish?
Didn't sfish drop by not too many months ago?  Like, just before the COVID nightmare started?
Yeah, he's been around more recent than that. I just like to give him a hard time in case he's lurking.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2020, 01:22:46 PM
Morning, muchachos.  Late checkin today.
Howdy, Raz.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 21, 2020, 01:27:57 PM
Dean's favorite place, The Villages, no longer spared from COVID.

https://www.villages-news.com/2020/07/13/deadly-covid-19-virus-continues-to-hammer-the-villages-and-nearby-communities/
That seems like a place where the virus could just tear through like wildfire.
They had been pretty cocky because it hadn't been much of an issue earlier.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on July 21, 2020, 01:28:05 PM
time to go to work.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 21, 2020, 01:30:23 PM
A masterpiece Dean!
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2020, 01:33:08 PM
time to go to work.
That didn't take long at all.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on July 21, 2020, 01:41:16 PM
time to go to work.
That didn't take long at all.
just put the gas to her and fired her up. no KABOOM! 💣
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: Threebean on July 21, 2020, 01:41:21 PM
time to go to work.
That didn't take long at all.
TWSS
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on July 21, 2020, 01:41:54 PM
A masterpiece Dean!
going to try a hotdog out.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on July 21, 2020, 01:42:58 PM
A masterpiece Dean!
I need to find a thermometer for it.
thanks Dave.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2020, 01:43:27 PM
time to go to work.
That didn't take long at all.
just put the gas to her and fired her up. no KABOOM!
That's a good thing.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2020, 01:44:00 PM
time to go to work.
That didn't take long at all.
TWSS
Well played. Hahaha. Good afternoon, Mark.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: Threebean on July 21, 2020, 01:44:19 PM
Afternoon Boyz. Busy morning, though no new grills assembled
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2020, 01:46:44 PM
time to go to work.
That didn't take long at all.
just put the gas to her and fired her up. no KABOOM! 💣
Always the most important step.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on July 21, 2020, 02:04:54 PM
Afternoon Boyz. Busy morning, though no new grills assembled
any red lights?
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: razgueado on July 21, 2020, 02:14:19 PM
Morning, muchachos.  Late checkin today.
Howdy, Raz.
Morning, Tiny.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: Threebean on July 21, 2020, 02:17:25 PM
Afternoon Boyz. Busy morning, though no new grills assembled
any red lights?
Nope, not even amber or pink ones.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2020, 02:21:03 PM
[...]

Oh, by gosh, by golly! I think we've got it! Warm water wasn't passing the second bend but now it is. Luckily the basement isn't finished so either way I'm turning the air back on.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2020, 02:25:07 PM
[...]

Way to go, TonyRick.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 21, 2020, 02:25:16 PM
Hazzuh, waterbenders!
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2020, 02:27:13 PM
Hazzuh, waterbenders!
LALTS. Later, Dave.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on July 21, 2020, 02:30:32 PM
grill works. found a thermometer on Amazon for under $10. will be here Thursday.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on July 21, 2020, 02:33:16 PM
La Palina Classic and coffee.
think I earned a break.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2020, 02:39:21 PM
La Palina Classic and coffee.
think I earned a break.
No one will argue that one.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: Threebean on July 21, 2020, 02:41:13 PM
[...]

Indeed.  He is now qualified as an apprentice boiler checker.   It's easy, just follow Rick around, get him coffee, and dispose of his butts.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: Threebean on July 21, 2020, 02:42:05 PM
La Palina Classic and coffee.
think I earned a break.
No one will argue that one.
Because he put a grill together?  Come on, back in the day he'd pour a driveway and build a gazebo before taking a break.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on July 21, 2020, 02:51:40 PM
La Palina Classic and coffee.
think I earned a break.
No one will argue that one.
Mark will. 🤣
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on July 21, 2020, 02:52:34 PM
La Palina Classic and coffee.
think I earned a break.
No one will argue that one.
Because he put a grill together?  Come on, back in the day he'd pour a driveway and build a gazebo before taking a break.
ahhh, the good old days. ☺
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: Threebean on July 21, 2020, 03:14:52 PM
In the man cave with coffee
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200721/bc88fc1ede5c15b1b807574c977f843c.jpg)
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2020, 03:20:17 PM
La Palina Classic and coffee.
think I earned a break.
No one will argue that one.
Because he put a grill together?  Come on, back in the day he'd pour a driveway and build a gazebo before taking a break.
I'm pretty sure he changed the litter box too. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on July 21, 2020, 03:25:05 PM
storm passing through.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on July 21, 2020, 03:26:38 PM
La Palina Classic and coffee.
think I earned a break.
No one will argue that one.
Because he put a grill together?  Come on, back in the day he'd pour a driveway and build a gazebo before taking a break.
I'm pretty sure he changed the litter box too. Sheesh.
no, in the good old days I had no cats. wasn't until I got old and crippled.
and all those women! damn I sometimes miss those days.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2020, 03:41:00 PM
La Palina Classic and coffee.
think I earned a break.
No one will argue that one.
Because he put a grill together?  Come on, back in the day he'd pour a driveway and build a gazebo before taking a break.
I'm pretty sure he changed the litter box too. Sheesh.
no, in the good old days I had no cats. wasn't until I got old and crippled.
and all those women! damn I sometimes miss those days.
Focus, old man! I'm saying you did more than just build a grill today.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on July 21, 2020, 03:43:48 PM
La Palina Classic and coffee.
think I earned a break.
No one will argue that one.
Because he put a grill together?  Come on, back in the day he'd pour a driveway and build a gazebo before taking a break.
I'm pretty sure he changed the litter box too. Sheesh.
no, in the good old days I had no cats. wasn't until I got old and crippled.
and all those women! damn I sometimes miss those days.
Focus, old man! I'm saying you did more than just build a grill today.
😖
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: Threebean on July 21, 2020, 03:52:20 PM
La Palina Classic and coffee.
think I earned a break.
No one will argue that one.
Because he put a grill together?  Come on, back in the day he'd pour a driveway and build a gazebo before taking a break.
I'm pretty sure he changed the litter box too. Sheesh.
no, in the good old days I had no cats. wasn't until I got old and crippled.
and all those women! damn I sometimes miss those days.
So do we!  :o
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2020, 04:30:43 PM
La Palina Classic and coffee.
think I earned a break.
No one will argue that one.
Because he put a grill together?  Come on, back in the day he'd pour a driveway and build a gazebo before taking a break.
I'm pretty sure he changed the litter box too. Sheesh.
no, in the good old days I had no cats. wasn't until I got old and crippled.
and all those women! damn I sometimes miss those days.
So do we!  :o
No doubt.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on July 21, 2020, 05:37:35 PM
A masterpiece Dean!
going to try a hotdog out.
TWSS
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on July 21, 2020, 05:41:52 PM
Boy long day at work and now I see a nice bbq home project here. Smoking an old friend and thinking of the 3 deck boards I need to replace.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2020, 05:52:26 PM
A masterpiece Dean!
going to try a hotdog out.
TWSS
I saw the opening but assumed Mark would take it. Well played.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: Threebean on July 21, 2020, 06:27:55 PM
A masterpiece Dean!
going to try a hotdog out.
TWSS
I saw the opening but assumed Mark would take it. Well played.
Indeed.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: Threebean on July 21, 2020, 06:28:37 PM
A masterpiece Dean!
going to try a hotdog out.
TWSS
I saw the opening but assumed Mark would take it. Well played.
I missed that opening...
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on July 21, 2020, 06:29:04 PM
A masterpiece Dean!
going to try a hotdog out.
TWSS
I saw the opening but assumed Mark would take it. Well played.
just relax and let us do the work.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2020, 06:36:43 PM
A masterpiece Dean!
going to try a hotdog out.
TWSS
I saw the opening but assumed Mark would take it. Well played.
I missed that opening...
TWHS
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on July 21, 2020, 07:52:31 PM
A masterpiece Dean!
going to try a hotdog out.
TWSS
I saw the opening but assumed Mark would take it. Well played.
I missed that opening...
TWHS
you still got it!  :)
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on July 21, 2020, 08:17:55 PM
Feeding the squirrels 🐿
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2020, 08:27:32 PM
Feeding the squirrels
I can't find a squirrel in that photo to save my life.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on July 21, 2020, 08:36:09 PM
Feeding the squirrels
I can't find a squirrel in that photo to save my life.
where is Waldo
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on July 21, 2020, 08:36:56 PM
Trying anything to get to page 9
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2020, 08:42:33 PM
Feeding the squirrels
I can't find a squirrel in that photo to save my life.
where is Waldo
Thanks for pointing him out. I sure hate those rodents. Pretty sure you meant those feeders for the birds.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on July 21, 2020, 09:01:03 PM
Feeding the squirrels
I can't find a squirrel in that photo to save my life.
where is Waldo
Thanks for pointing him out. I sure hate those rodents. Pretty sure you meant those feeders for the birds.
yea, but hey they were here first. Squirrels rabbits chipmunks and deer are welcome.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on July 21, 2020, 10:38:15 PM
Don’t make me do this.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on July 21, 2020, 10:39:34 PM
2
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on July 21, 2020, 10:39:46 PM
1
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on July 21, 2020, 10:40:15 PM
9 = 1/2 of 18  :) :) :)
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on July 21, 2020, 10:45:50 PM
Been getting most of cigars lately from Holts or SBC. They seem to have good pricing and availability of 5 Pks. Haven’t bought from CI in a ages. Also been out of the loop on deals by not being here very often.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2020, 10:59:27 PM
Been getting most of cigars lately from Holts or SBC. They seem to have good pricing and availability of 5 Pks. Haven’t bought from CI in a ages. Also been out of the loop on deals by not being here very often.
There aren't many deals to be had. I guess it's still cheaper than b&m prices but still...
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 21, 2020, 11:00:30 PM
9 = 1/2 of 18  :) :) :)
It's not gonna happen tonight but we will eventually get back to 18. I can feel it.
Title: Re: 7/21/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on July 21, 2020, 11:17:06 PM
9 = 1/2 of 18  :) :) :)
It's not gonna happen tonight but we will eventually get back to 18. I can feel it.
2020 goals