CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on June 27, 2020, 12:03:40 AM

Title: 6/27/2020
Post by: CigarBanter on June 27, 2020, 12:03:40 AM
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on June 27, 2020, 12:11:40 AM
Check this off my list.
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 27, 2020, 07:35:10 AM
Check this off my list.
Embarrassed to say that I do not recognize this rock formation.

Good morning, banterers.
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 27, 2020, 07:57:12 AM
Check this off my list.
Did an alien spaceship land on top?
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 27, 2020, 08:01:57 AM
Check this off my list.
Did an alien spaceship land on top?
Enquiring minds want to know...
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on June 27, 2020, 08:58:20 AM
Check this off my list.
Did an alien spaceship land on top?
yes, but got away on my horse
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on June 27, 2020, 09:00:21 AM
It was good
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 27, 2020, 09:36:11 AM
@Oyam18 Looks like you're having fun in Wyoming. Did you drive?
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: Threebean on June 27, 2020, 09:53:10 AM
@Oyam18 Looks like you're having fun in Wyoming. Did you drive?
Indeed, he is checking all the boxes, with the horsey ride as a bonus.
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: Threebean on June 27, 2020, 09:54:46 AM
Good morning ClemsonDave, NJTony, and WyomingOy.  Lots of no sight-seeing for me today unless you count the ass end of a lawnmower as a sight.
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 27, 2020, 10:15:37 AM
Good morning ClemsonDave, NJTony, and WyomingOy.  Lots of no sight-seeing for me today unless you count the ass end of a lawnmower as a site.
Good morning, Mark. Got all the lawn crap done on Wednesday. Making my list of chores now.
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: bluecollar on June 27, 2020, 10:19:53 AM
Good morning guys. Crema with coffee before breakfast.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200627/e02a9db31b260e65ce442ac56dc31dc9.jpg)
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 27, 2020, 10:27:29 AM
Good morning guys. Crema with coffee before breakfast.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200627/e02a9db31b260e65ce442ac56dc31dc9.jpg)
Good morning, Rick. Is that a screened in porch?
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 27, 2020, 10:42:59 AM
It was good
Jum X 3!
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 27, 2020, 10:44:20 AM
Good morning ClemsonDave, NJTony, and WyomingOy.  Lots of no sight-seeing for me today unless you count the ass end of a lawnmower as a site.
Good morning, Mark. Got all the lawn crap done on Wednesday. Making my list of chores now.
Since when do you get to make your own list?
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 27, 2020, 10:45:12 AM
Morning Mr. Mayor, Oy, Rick and Bean.
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 27, 2020, 10:47:34 AM
Today is Saturday, June 27, the 179th day of 2020. There are 187 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On June 27, 1991, Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, the first black jurist to sit on the nation’s highest court, announced his retirement. (His departure led to the contentious nomination of Clarence Thomas to succeed him.)
On this date:
In 1844, Mormon leader Joseph Smith and his brother, Hyrum, were killed by a mob in Carthage, Illinois.
In 1846, New York and Boston were linked by telegraph wires.

In 1880, author-lecturer Helen Keller, who lived most of her life without sight or hearing, was born in Tuscumbia, Alabama.
In 1942, the FBI announced the arrests of eight Nazi saboteurs put ashore in Florida and Long Island, New York. (All were tried and sentenced to death; six were executed while two were spared for turning themselves in and cooperating with U.S. authorities.)

In 1944, during World War II, American forces liberated the French port of Cherbourg (SHEHR’-boorg) from the Germans.
In 1950, the U.N. Security Council passed a resolution calling on member nations to help South Korea repel an invasion from the North.
In 1957, Hurricane Audrey slammed into coastal Louisiana and Texas as a Category 4 storm; the official death toll from the storm was placed at 390, although a variety of state, federal and local sources have estimated the number of fatalities at between 400 and 600.

In 1974, President Richard Nixon opened an official visit to the Soviet Union.
In 1988, at least 56 people were killed when a commuter train ran into a stationary train at the Gare de Lyon terminal in Paris. In 1988, Mike Tyson retained the undisputed heavyweight crown as he knocked out Michael Spinks 91 seconds into the first round of a championship fight in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
In 2001, actor Jack Lemmon died in Los Angeles at age 76.

In 2005, the Supreme Court ruled, in a pair of 5-4 decisions, that displaying the Ten Commandments on government property was constitutionally permissible in some cases but not in others. BTK serial killer Dennis Rader pleaded guilty to ten murders that had spread fear across Wichita, Kansas, beginning in the 1970s. (Rader later received multiple life sentences.)
In 2006, a constitutional amendment to ban desecration of the American flag died in a Senate cliffhanger, falling one vote short of the 67 needed to send it to states for ratification.
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 27, 2020, 10:48:12 AM
Ten years ago: Wary of slamming on the stimulus brakes too quickly but shaken by the European debt crisis, world leaders meeting in Canada pledged to reduce government deficits in richer countries in half by 2013, with wiggle room to meet the goal. Pope Benedict XVI lashed out at what he called “deplorable” raids carried out by Belgian police as part of an investigation into priest sex abuse. Cristie Kerr cruised to a 12-stroke victory in the LPGA Championship, closing with a 6-under 66 for a 19-under 269 total.

Five years ago: The Episcopal Church elected its first African-American presiding bishop, choosing Bishop Michael Curry of North Carolina during the denomination’s national assembly in Salt Lake City. Chris Squire, 67, the bassist and co-founder of the progressive rock band Yes, died in Phoenix, Arizona.

One year ago: A debate involving ten Democratic presidential candidates included a heated exchange between former Vice President Joe Biden and California Sen. Kamala Harris, who criticized Biden’s record of working with Democratic segregationist senators on non-race issues; Biden called it a “complete mischaracterization” of his record and said he had run for office “because of civil rights.” The Supreme Court refused to let the Trump administration add a citizenship question to the 2020 census. The high court also ruled that federal courts have no role to play in challenges to the drawing of electoral districts for partisan purposes.
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 27, 2020, 10:50:44 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Former Interior Secretary Bruce Babbitt is 82.
Singer-musician Bruce Johnston (The Beach Boys) is 78.
Fashion designer Vera Wang is 71.
Actress Julia Duffy is 69.
Actress Isabelle Adjani is 65.
Country singer Lorrie Morgan is 61.
Actor Brian Drillinger is 60.
-producer-director J.J. Abrams is 54.
Former Sen. elly Ayotte (AY’-aht), R-N.H., is 52.
Olympic gold and bronze medal figure skater Viktor Petrenko (peh-TREHN’-koh) is 51.
Latin singer Draco Rosa is 51.
Actor Edward “Grapevine” Fordham Jr. is 50.
TV personality Jo Frost is 50.
Actor Yancey Arias is 49.
Actor Christian Kane is 48.
Actor Tobey Maguire is 45.
Rock singer Bernhoft is 44.
Gospel singer Leigh Nash is 44.
Christian rock singer Zach Williams is 42.
Chris Eldridge (Punch Brothers) is 38.
Reality TV star Khloe Kardashian (kar-DASH’-ee-uhn) is 36.
Actor Drake Bell is 34.
Actor Sam Claflin is 34.
Actress India de Beaufort is 33.
Actor Ed Westwick is 33.
Actor Matthew Lewis (Film: “Harry Potter”; TV: “Ripper Street”) is 31.
Actress Madylin Sweeten is 29.
Pop singer Lauren Jauregui (Fifth Harmony) (TV: “The X Factor”) is 24.
R&B singer H.E.R. is 23.
Actor Chandler Riggs is 21.
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: bluecollar on June 27, 2020, 11:10:00 AM
Morning Mr. Mayor, Oy, Rick and Bean.
Good morning Dave, Mr. Mayor, OY, and Bean.
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: bluecollar on June 27, 2020, 11:12:40 AM
Good morning guys. Crema with coffee before breakfast.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200627/e02a9db31b260e65ce442ac56dc31dc9.jpg)
Good morning, Rick. Is that a screened in porch?
That's me looking outside from my screened in Man Cave/Garage.
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 27, 2020, 11:33:18 AM
Good morning ClemsonDave, NJTony, and WyomingOy.  Lots of no sight-seeing for me today unless you count the ass end of a lawnmower as a site.
Good morning, Mark. Got all the lawn crap done on Wednesday. Making my list of chores now.
Since when do you get to make your own list?
I don't believe I ever stated that "I" was making it.
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 27, 2020, 11:33:40 AM
Morning Mr. Mayor, Oy, Rick and Bean.
Good morning, ClemsonDave.
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: bluecollar on June 27, 2020, 12:01:34 PM
Good morning ClemsonDave, NJTony, and WyomingOy.  Lots of no sight-seeing for me today unless you count the ass end of a lawnmower as a sight.
If your on a rider you may be sitting the wrong way?
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: Threebean on June 27, 2020, 01:49:25 PM
Good morning ClemsonDave, NJTony, and WyomingOy.  Lots of no sight-seeing for me today unless you count the ass end of a lawnmower as a sight.
If your on a rider you may be sitting the wrong way?
That would be true.  I prefer pushing it from behind (TWHS).
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: Threebean on June 27, 2020, 02:23:24 PM
Chore break
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200627/6a7bcd749d2da682c6c881a14b4086ee.jpg)
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 27, 2020, 03:18:37 PM
Good morning ClemsonDave, NJTony, and WyomingOy.  Lots of no sight-seeing for me today unless you count the ass end of a lawnmower as a sight.
If your on a rider you may be sitting the wrong way?
That would be true.  I prefer pushing it from behind (TWHS).
Indeed it is!
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 27, 2020, 03:19:16 PM
Chore break
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200627/6a7bcd749d2da682c6c881a14b4086ee.jpg)
Break break.
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: bluecollar on June 27, 2020, 03:20:48 PM
Chore break
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200627/6a7bcd749d2da682c6c881a14b4086ee.jpg)
Nice Mr. Bean. Im headed to my folks to eat take out under their patio. Check to see if anyone is around later.
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 27, 2020, 03:37:18 PM
Good morning ClemsonDave, NJTony, and WyomingOy.  Lots of no sight-seeing for me today unless you count the ass end of a lawnmower as a sight.
If your on a rider you may be sitting the wrong way?
That would be true.  I prefer pushing it from behind (TWHS).
Hahaha.
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 27, 2020, 03:39:11 PM
The biggest chore I had to do was completely unexpected. Dang dishwasher broke again and there was a lake in the kitchen AND in the basement.
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: Threebean on June 27, 2020, 04:24:43 PM
The biggest chore I had to do was completely unexpected. Dang dishwasher broke again and there was a lake in the kitchen AND in the basement.
(https://i.ytimg.com/vi/xBENQh1VJaI/hqdefault.jpg)
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 27, 2020, 04:56:41 PM
The biggest chore I had to do was completely unexpected. Dang dishwasher broke again and there was a lake in the kitchen AND in the basement.
(https://i.ytimg.com/vi/xBENQh1VJaI/hqdefault.jpg)
Still trying to repair it myself. I may take it to the other extreme and put in a new kitchen.
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on June 27, 2020, 06:47:56 PM
all packed and about ready to go for Wednesday morning. just gotta update my medical information.
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 27, 2020, 07:02:02 PM
How's that Toraño, Deano?
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on June 27, 2020, 07:12:53 PM
How's that Toraño, Deano?
a too mild cigar for me. the wrapper is extremely delicate and I'm surprised it hasn't ripped yet. very smooth smoke, kind of creamy.
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on June 27, 2020, 07:17:13 PM
how's the dishwasher coming Tony? any luck?
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: bluecollar on June 27, 2020, 08:10:03 PM
how's the dishwasher coming Tony? any luck?
Dean you might have to go over there and help him
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: bluecollar on June 27, 2020, 08:11:04 PM
Love this Brazilian Habano (https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200628/e506aa023061ea0a7d7046c5f11ede81.jpg)
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: bluecollar on June 27, 2020, 08:20:41 PM
When I think of Connecticut wrapped cigars. I think of 2 classes. contemporary like new school approach and the classic mild and creamy. Did that make sense?
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 27, 2020, 08:27:21 PM
Chore break
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200627/6a7bcd749d2da682c6c881a14b4086ee.jpg)
Nice Mr. Bean. Im headed to my folks to eat take out under their patio. Check to see if anyone is around later.
I'll be here.
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 27, 2020, 08:31:10 PM
When I think of Connecticut wrapped cigars. I think of 2 classes. contemporary like new school approach and the classic mild and creamy. Did that make sense?
The Torano falls in the latter category. Used to smoke them regularly. Also like the Decadencia version of that infused with a chocolate port....when I'm having port of course...
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on June 27, 2020, 08:52:09 PM
how's the dishwasher coming Tony? any luck?
Dean you might have to go over there and help him
I'll stop in on the way back around July 18th.
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on June 27, 2020, 08:58:20 PM
paperwork complete.

much better cigar, with coffee.
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: bluecollar on June 27, 2020, 09:08:57 PM
When I think of Connecticut wrapped cigars. I think of 2 classes. contemporary like new school approach and the classic mild and creamy. Did that make sense?
The Torano falls in the latter category. Used to smoke them regularly. Also like the Decadencia version of that infused with a chocolate port....when I'm having port of course...
I really been enjoying a Connecticut for first smoke. Preferably mornings with coffeeEspinosa Creme, La Galera Connecticut and Luminosa lately but only because that's what I have ATM.
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on June 27, 2020, 09:36:05 PM
not the Duke too!

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/0PSWtKqt/california-democrats-pass-resolution-calling-for-john-wayne-airport-to-be-renamed
Title: Re: 6/27/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on June 27, 2020, 11:30:30 PM
@Oyam18 Looks like you're having fun in Wyoming. Did you drive?
yes it’s 8 hours from home.