CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on August 07, 2019, 12:00:14 AM

Title: 8/7/2019
Post by: CigarBanter on August 07, 2019, 12:00:14 AM
Any hump day deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 07, 2019, 05:22:01 AM
Morning Humps, Humpers, Humpeez and The Humped!
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 07, 2019, 05:24:41 AM
GOTF Deal at the Sister- 5:23 a.m.

http://cigarbanter.com/forum/index.php?action=post;topic=1956.0;last_msg=297289
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 07, 2019, 05:36:11 AM
Morning Humps, Humpers, Humpeez and The Humped!
Good morning, Dave.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 07, 2019, 05:36:38 AM
Morning Humps, Humpers, Humpeez and The Humped!
Good morning, Dave.
Morning Mayor T
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 07, 2019, 05:37:19 AM
GOTF Deal at the Sister- 5:23 a.m.

http://cigarbanter.com/forum/index.php?action=post;topic=1956.0;last_msg=297289
That seems like a nice deal.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 07, 2019, 05:39:23 AM
GOTF Deal at the Sister- 5:23 a.m.

http://cigarbanter.com/forum/index.php?action=post;topic=1956.0;last_msg=297289
That seems like a nice deal.
Very nice but never know how long it will be up.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 07, 2019, 05:46:25 AM
GOTF Deal at the Sister- 5:23 a.m.

http://cigarbanter.com/forum/index.php?action=post;topic=1956.0;last_msg=297289
That seems like a nice deal.
Very nice but never know how long it will be up.
TWSS
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 07, 2019, 05:49:15 AM
GOTF Deal at the Sister- 5:23 a.m.

http://cigarbanter.com/forum/index.php?action=post;topic=1956.0;last_msg=297289
That seems like a nice deal.
Very nice but never know how long it will be up.
TWSS
Hi-yo!
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 07, 2019, 05:49:34 AM
GOTF Deal at the Sister- 5:23 a.m.

http://cigarbanter.com/forum/index.php?action=post;topic=1956.0;last_msg=297289
That seems like a nice deal.
Very nice but never know how long it will be up.
TWSS
🙄
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 07, 2019, 05:53:26 AM
GOTF Deal at the Sister- 5:23 a.m.

http://cigarbanter.com/forum/index.php?action=post;topic=1956.0;last_msg=297289
That seems like a nice deal.
Very nice but never know how long it will be up.
TWSS

It's in the bylaws...
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 07, 2019, 06:00:36 AM
GOTF Deal at the Sister- 5:23 a.m.

http://cigarbanter.com/forum/index.php?action=post;topic=1956.0;last_msg=297289
That seems like a nice deal.
Very nice but never know how long it will be up.
TWSS

It's in the bylaws...
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 07, 2019, 06:00:45 AM
I'm gonna miss my car insurance rates. Today my eldest turns 16. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 07, 2019, 06:03:37 AM
I'm gonna miss my car insurance rates. Today my eldest turns 16. Sheesh.
Happy Birthday To Her, but ....
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 07, 2019, 06:04:58 AM
I'm gonna miss my car insurance rates. Today my eldest turns 16. Sheesh.
Happy Birthday To Her, but ....
And she's hell bent on getting her permit.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 07, 2019, 06:09:52 AM
I'm gonna miss my car insurance rates. Today my eldest turns 16. Sheesh.
Happy Birthday To Her, but ....
And she's hell bent on getting her permit.
As are most 16 year olds....... it’s a BFD!
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 07, 2019, 06:15:52 AM
I'm gonna miss my car insurance rates. Today my eldest turns 16. Sheesh.
My oldest is 13 today. Never knew they had the same birthday.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 07, 2019, 06:25:26 AM
I'm gonna miss my car insurance rates. Today my eldest turns 16. Sheesh.
My oldest is 13 today. Never knew they had the same birthday.
Though, I probably said the same thing last year, and will say the same again next year. :D
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 07, 2019, 06:27:46 AM
Yup...
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 07, 2019, 06:37:22 AM
I'm gonna miss my car insurance rates. Today my eldest turns 16. Sheesh.
Happy Birthday To Her, but ....
And she's hell bent on getting her permit.
As are most 16 year olds....... it’s a BFD!
I get it. I'm actually surprised at how many teens today aren't interested at all. I personally know at least a handful. My neighbor across the street brought his son to the dealer and told him to pick something out. The son replied, "no thanks".
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 07, 2019, 06:38:44 AM
I'm gonna miss my car insurance rates. Today my eldest turns 16. Sheesh.
My oldest is 13 today. Never knew they had the same birthday.
Though, I probably said the same thing last year, and will say the same again next year. :D
I don't recall it either. It's possible that it never came up.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 07, 2019, 06:38:57 AM
I'm gonna miss my car insurance rates. Today my eldest turns 16. Sheesh.
Happy Birthday To Her, but ....
And she's hell bent on getting her permit.
As are most 16 year olds....... it’s a BFD!
I get it. I'm actually surprised at how many teens today aren't interested at all. I personally know at least a handful. My neighbor across the street brought his son to the dealer and told him to pick something out. The son replied, "no thanks".
A friend of mine didn't start driving until she was in college. Just didn't have the desire to drive.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 07, 2019, 06:39:53 AM
Yup...
I stand corrected. We're both just not paying attention.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 07, 2019, 06:50:17 AM
I'm gonna miss my car insurance rates. Today my eldest turns 16. Sheesh.
My oldest is 13 today. Never knew they had the same birthday.
Well congrats to her! Becoming a teenager is also a big friggin deal.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 07, 2019, 06:57:02 AM
I'm gonna miss my car insurance rates. Today my eldest turns 16. Sheesh.
My oldest is 13 today. Never knew they had the same birthday.
Well congrats to her! Becoming a teenager is also a big friggin deal.
She's been preparing the teenage sass for several years now, so she's ready.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 07, 2019, 07:01:24 AM
I'm gonna miss my car insurance rates. Today my eldest turns 16. Sheesh.
My oldest is 13 today. Never knew they had the same birthday.
Well congrats to her! Becoming a teenager is also a big friggin deal.
She's been preparing the teenage sass for several years now, so she's ready.
Yeah, I have a 13 year old too. I completely understand.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 07, 2019, 07:26:50 AM
I'm gonna miss my car insurance rates. Today my eldest turns 16. Sheesh.
My oldest is 13 today. Never knew they had the same birthday.
Well congrats to her! Becoming a teenager is also a big friggin deal.
She's been preparing the teenage sass for several years now, so she's ready.
Yeah, I have a 13 year old too. I completely understand.
(https://media0.giphy.com/media/Cyyw56DAmsoN2/giphy.gif)
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 07:48:50 AM
Uncut lit with coffee watching the hummingbirds this morning.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 07, 2019, 07:51:03 AM
Uncut lit with coffee watching the hummingbirds this morning.
I don't think I've seen a photo before where NOTHING is in focus. Not even sure how you did that.  ;D
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 07, 2019, 07:54:06 AM
good morning Daves and Tony.
it's Golf Day.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 07:55:34 AM
Morning Humps, Humpers, Humpeez and The Humped!
You forgot the Humpless….
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 07, 2019, 07:55:58 AM
sheesh. my oldest is 40, my youngest 35.
😳
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 07:58:17 AM
I'm gonna miss my car insurance rates. Today my eldest turns 16. Sheesh.
My oldest is 13 today. Never knew they had the same birthday.
Well congrats to her! Becoming a teenager is also a big friggin deal.
She's been preparing the teenage sass for several years now, so she's ready.
Yeah, I have a 13 year old too. I completely understand.
It can make you loose your hair.....oh, wait.....
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 07:59:27 AM
Uncut lit with coffee watching the hummingbirds this morning.
I don't think I've seen a photo before where NOTHING is in focus. Not even sure how you did that.  ;D
Simple....I'm not in focus.  Tony said we gotta post pictures, not necessarily good pictures...
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 08:00:52 AM
good morning Daves and Tony.
it's Golf Day.
Hope it doesn't get rained out today.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 08:03:33 AM
GOTF Deal at the Sister- 5:23 a.m.

http://cigarbanter.com/forum/index.php?action=post;topic=1956.0;last_msg=297289
That seems like a nice deal.
Very nice but never know how long it will be up.
Not very long apparently.  Only garbage now.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 08:05:43 AM
Morning EarlyDealDave, BirthdayDadDave, BirthdayDadTony, DriveNPutDean.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 07, 2019, 08:14:49 AM
Uncut lit with coffee watching the hummingbirds this morning.
I don't think I've seen a photo before where NOTHING is in focus. Not even sure how you did that.  ;D
You are too picky.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 07, 2019, 08:15:18 AM
Uncut lit with coffee watching the hummingbirds this morning.
I don't think I've seen a photo before where NOTHING is in focus. Not even sure how you did that.  ;D
Simple....I'm not in focus.  Tony said we gotta post pictures, not necessarily good pictures...
You're doing fine. Carry on.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 07, 2019, 08:16:11 AM
I'm gonna miss my car insurance rates. Today my eldest turns 16. Sheesh.
My oldest is 13 today. Never knew they had the same birthday.
Well congrats to her! Becoming a teenager is also a big friggin deal.
She's been preparing the teenage sass for several years now, so she's ready.
Yeah, I have a 13 year old too. I completely understand.
It can make you loose your hair.....oh, wait.....
Nah, the twins did that.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 08:17:25 AM
Today is Wednesday, Aug. 7, the 219th day of 2019. There are 146 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:
On August 7, 1998, terrorist bombs at U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania killed 224 people, including 12 Americans.

On this date:
In 1782, Gen. George Washington created the Order of the Purple Heart, a decoration to recognize merit in enlisted men and noncommissioned officers.
In 1789, the U.S. Department of War was established by Congress.
In 1942, U.S. and other allied forces landed at Guadalcanal, marking the start of the first major allied offensive in the Pacific during World War II. (Japanese forces abandoned the island the following February.)
In 1959, the United States launched the Explorer 6 satellite, which sent back images of Earth.
In 1961, Yale psychology professor Stanley Milgram began conducting his controversial human behavior experiments concerning obedience toward authority figures.
In 1964, Congress passed the Gulf of Tonkin resolution, giving President Lyndon B. Johnson broad powers in dealing with reported North Vietnamese attacks on U.S. forces.
In 1971, the Apollo 15 moon mission ended successfully as its command module splashed down in the Pacific Ocean.
In 1989, a plane carrying U.S. Rep. Mickey Leland, D-Texas, and 14 others disappeared over Ethiopia. (The wreckage of the plane was found six days later; there were no survivors.)
In 2000, Vice President and Democratic presidential candidate Al Gore selected Connecticut Sen. Joseph Lieberman as his running mate; Lieberman became the first Jew on a major party's presidential ticket.
In 2005, ABC News anchorman Peter Jennings died in New York at age 67.
In 2010, Elena Kagan was sworn in as the 112th justice and fourth woman to serve on the U.S. Supreme Court.
In 2017, medical examiners said the remains of a man who'd been killed at the World Trade Center on 9/11 had been identified, nearly 16 years after the attacks.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 08:18:42 AM
Ten years ago: Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, on a tour of Africa, urged South Africans to press for political and economic reforms in neighboring Zimbabwe.

Five years ago: President Barack Obama authorized U.S. airstrikes in northern Iraq, warning they would be launched if needed to defend Americans from advancing Islamic militants and protect civilians under siege. President Obama signed a $16.3 billion measure aimed at helping veterans avoid long waits for health care. A jury convicted a suburban Detroit homeowner of second-degree murder and manslaughter in the killing of an unarmed woman on his porch, rejecting Theodore Wafer's claim that he was afraid for his life when he heard Renisha McBride pounding on his door in the middle of the night and had acted in self-defense. (Wafer was sentenced to at least 17 years in prison.)

One year ago: Sharice Davids won a Democratic congressional primary in Kansas, becoming the state's first Native American and gay nominee for Congress. (Davids went on to become one of the first two Native American women elected to the House.) The fourth suspect in the shooting death of emerging South Florida rap star XXXTentacion turned himself in to authorities. Chicago police said they would deploy hundreds of additional officers to neighborhoods where a burst of gun violence over the weekend left at least 11 people dead and 70 wounded. Hall of Fame hockey forward Stan Mikita, who helped the Chicago Black Hawks win the 1961 Stanley Cup, died at the age of 78.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 08:22:42 AM
Today's Birthdays:

Magician, author and lecturer James Randi is 91.
Former MLB pitcher Don Larsen is 90.
Humorist Garrison Keillor is 77.
Singer B.J. Thomas is 77.
Singer Lana Cantrell is 76.
Former FBI Director Robert Mueller is 75.
Actor John Glover is 75.
Actor David Rasche is 75.
Former diplomat, talk show host and activist Alan Keyes is 69.
Country singer Rodney Crowell is 69.
Actress Caroline Aaron is 67.
Comedian Alexei Sayle is 67.
Actor Wayne Knight is 64.
Rock singer Bruce Dickinson is 61.
Marathon runner Alberto Salazar is 61.
Actor David Duchovny is 59.
Country musician Michael Mahler (Wild Horses) is 58.
Actress Delane Matthews is 58.
Actor Harold Perrineau is 56.
Jazz musician Marcus Roberts is 56.
Country singer Raul Malo is 54.
Actor David Mann is 53.
Actress Charlotte Lewis is 52.
Actress Sydney Penny is 48.
Actor Greg Serano is 47.
Actor Michael Shannon is 45.
Actress Charlize Theron (shar-LEES' THEHR'-en) is 44.
Rock musician Barry Kerch (Shinedown) is 43.
Actor Eric Johnson is 40.
Actor Randy Wayne is 38.
Actor-writer Brit Marling is 37.
NHL center Sidney Crosby is 32.
MLB All-Star Mike Trout is 28.
Actor Liam James is 23.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 08:23:35 AM
Thought for Today: "There are a lot of people who think our job is to reassure the public every night that their home, their community and their nation is safe. I don't subscribe to that at all. I subscribe to leaving people with essentially — sorry it's a cliche — a rough draft of history. Some days it's reassuring, some days it's absolutely destructive." — Peter Jennings (1938-2005).
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 07, 2019, 08:25:32 AM
Good morning, NJDave and FLDean.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 08:29:58 AM
Rolling Stones while performing in North Jersey has to get out for a Pork Roll egg and cheese breakfast.  You go Mick!

https://www.nj.com/entertainment/2019/08/the-rolling-stones-ate-taylor-ham-at-the-tick-tock-diner-yes-they-called-it-taylor-ham.html
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 07, 2019, 08:32:53 AM
good morning Daves and Tony.
it's Golf Day.
Hope it doesn't get rained out today.
thunderstorms should move out by tee time.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 07, 2019, 08:42:24 AM
Uncut lit with coffee watching the hummingbirds this morning.
I don't think I've seen a photo before where NOTHING is in focus. Not even sure how you did that.  ;D
You are too picky.
I've been called worse.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 07, 2019, 08:42:51 AM
good morning Daves and Tony.
it's Golf Day.
Hope it doesn't get rained out today.
thunderstorms should move out by tee time.
I'm jealous today, but I'll be out there bright and early Saturday morning.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 07, 2019, 09:26:38 AM
https://halfwheel.com/jetline-increasing-prices-due-to-tariffs-on-china/364848
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: razgueado on August 07, 2019, 10:00:19 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 10:09:04 AM
Warped Wednesday for WestCoastBean…

Warped Wednesday!

We hope everyone is having a wonderful morning! Today we have three different specials on the Warped category! The special will end at midnight. Plus any use of any of the three codes will enter you into a chance to win a bundle of La Colmena Reina!

Please also note two of the tiers have giveaways included!

CODE: W1 = 16% off plus 5% reward points no minimum

CODE: W2 = 20% off plus 5% reward points on purchases of $99.99+ plus one Cloud Hopper No. 53 & 485 (two cigars total)

CODE: W3 = 26% off plus 5% reward points on purchases of $249.99+ plus one free La Colmena Reina, & Cloud Hopper No. 53 & 485 (three cigars total)
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 10:10:21 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning Mr. Raz.  Be careful, Mr. Bean is in the neighborhood.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 10:11:17 AM
Uncut lit with coffee watching the hummingbirds this morning.
I don't think I've seen a photo before where NOTHING is in focus. Not even sure how you did that.  ;D
You are too picky.
I've been called worse.
And we will strive to continue that practice.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: razgueado on August 07, 2019, 10:11:32 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning Mr. Raz.  Be careful, Mr. Bean is in the neighborhood.
In my neighborhood?
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 10:24:47 AM
Third offering in the trilogy of Room 101 "leftovers" offerings:

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/p/room-101-muzzle-loader-cigars/2024941/
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 07, 2019, 10:25:06 AM
Rolling Stones while performing in North Jersey has to get out for a Pork Roll egg and cheese breakfast.  You go Mick!

https://www.nj.com/entertainment/2019/08/the-rolling-stones-ate-taylor-ham-at-the-tick-tock-diner-yes-they-called-it-taylor-ham.html
Chit Chat Diner is better but they could have had worse. And of course, it's called Taylor Ham. Duh.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 10:25:33 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning Mr. Raz.  Be careful, Mr. Bean is in the neighborhood.
In my neighborhood?
Not visit close, but close for the rest of us.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 10:26:40 AM
Rolling Stones while performing in North Jersey has to get out for a Pork Roll egg and cheese breakfast.  You go Mick!

https://www.nj.com/entertainment/2019/08/the-rolling-stones-ate-taylor-ham-at-the-tick-tock-diner-yes-they-called-it-taylor-ham.html
Chit Chat Diner is better but they could have had worse. And of course, it's called Taylor Ham. Duh.
North Jersey is a bit off.  Proper Jersians know pork roll.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 07, 2019, 10:27:06 AM
Rolling Stones while performing in North Jersey has to get out for a Pork Roll egg and cheese breakfast.  You go Mick!

https://www.nj.com/entertainment/2019/08/the-rolling-stones-ate-taylor-ham-at-the-tick-tock-diner-yes-they-called-it-taylor-ham.html
Chit Chat Diner is better but they could have had worse. And of course, it's called Taylor Ham. Duh.
Pork roll, bro!
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 10:27:27 AM
Rolling Stones while performing in North Jersey has to get out for a Pork Roll egg and cheese breakfast.  You go Mick!

https://www.nj.com/entertainment/2019/08/the-rolling-stones-ate-taylor-ham-at-the-tick-tock-diner-yes-they-called-it-taylor-ham.html
Chit Chat Diner is better but they could have had worse. And of course, it's called Taylor Ham. Duh.
North Jersey is a bit off.  Proper Jersians know pork roll.
...although I am satisfied that I know a deli in Clemson that has Taylor ham.  It will do in a pinch.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 07, 2019, 10:30:10 AM
Third offering in the trilogy of Room 101 "leftovers" offerings:

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/p/room-101-muzzle-loader-cigars/2024941/
Muzzle Loader? I AM OFFENDED.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 07, 2019, 10:31:38 AM
Rolling Stones while performing in North Jersey has to get out for a Pork Roll egg and cheese breakfast.  You go Mick!

https://www.nj.com/entertainment/2019/08/the-rolling-stones-ate-taylor-ham-at-the-tick-tock-diner-yes-they-called-it-taylor-ham.html
Chit Chat Diner is better but they could have had worse. And of course, it's called Taylor Ham. Duh.
North Jersey is a bit off.  Proper Jersians know pork roll.
...although I am satisfied that I know a deli in Clemson that has Taylor ham.  It will do in a pinch.
(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EA99pYpWsAAWKYf?format=jpg&name=small)
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 07, 2019, 10:32:42 AM
Rolling Stones while performing in North Jersey has to get out for a Pork Roll egg and cheese breakfast.  You go Mick!

https://www.nj.com/entertainment/2019/08/the-rolling-stones-ate-taylor-ham-at-the-tick-tock-diner-yes-they-called-it-taylor-ham.html
Chit Chat Diner is better but they could have had worse. And of course, it's called Taylor Ham. Duh.
North Jersey is a bit off.  Proper Jersians know pork roll.
...although I am satisfied that I know a deli in Clemson that has Taylor ham.  It will do in a pinch.
Are you suggesting Case is better?
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 10:35:13 AM
Third offering in the trilogy of Room 101 "leftovers" offerings:

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/p/room-101-muzzle-loader-cigars/2024941/
Added to Breakfast in Portugal and Miami Snow.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 10:35:42 AM
Rolling Stones while performing in North Jersey has to get out for a Pork Roll egg and cheese breakfast.  You go Mick!

https://www.nj.com/entertainment/2019/08/the-rolling-stones-ate-taylor-ham-at-the-tick-tock-diner-yes-they-called-it-taylor-ham.html
Chit Chat Diner is better but they could have had worse. And of course, it's called Taylor Ham. Duh.
North Jersey is a bit off.  Proper Jersians know pork roll.
...although I am satisfied that I know a deli in Clemson that has Taylor ham.  It will do in a pinch.
Are you suggesting Case is better?
I'm not suggesting, I know.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 10:36:54 AM
Third offering in the trilogy of Room 101 "leftovers" offerings:

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/p/room-101-muzzle-loader-cigars/2024941/
Muzzle Loader? I AM OFFENDED.
So just order the Miami Snow(flake)
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 07, 2019, 10:40:44 AM
Rolling Stones while performing in North Jersey has to get out for a Pork Roll egg and cheese breakfast.  You go Mick!

https://www.nj.com/entertainment/2019/08/the-rolling-stones-ate-taylor-ham-at-the-tick-tock-diner-yes-they-called-it-taylor-ham.html
Chit Chat Diner is better but they could have had worse. And of course, it's called Taylor Ham. Duh.
North Jersey is a bit off.  Proper Jersians know pork roll.
...although I am satisfied that I know a deli in Clemson that has Taylor ham.  It will do in a pinch.
Are you suggesting Case is better?
I'm not suggesting, I know.
Hahaha. I've enjoyed both. Not sure I can tell the difference. I may have to take the challenge.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 07, 2019, 10:41:39 AM
Third offering in the trilogy of Room 101 "leftovers" offerings:

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/p/room-101-muzzle-loader-cigars/2024941/
Muzzle Loader? I AM OFFENDED.
So just order the Miami Snow(flake)
LALTS
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 07, 2019, 10:51:28 AM
Rolling Stones while performing in North Jersey has to get out for a Pork Roll egg and cheese breakfast.  You go Mick!

https://www.nj.com/entertainment/2019/08/the-rolling-stones-ate-taylor-ham-at-the-tick-tock-diner-yes-they-called-it-taylor-ham.html
Chit Chat Diner is better but they could have had worse. And of course, it's called Taylor Ham. Duh.
North Jersey is a bit off.  Proper Jersians know pork roll.
...although I am satisfied that I know a deli in Clemson that has Taylor ham.  It will do in a pinch.
Are you suggesting Case is better?
I'm not suggesting, I know.
Hahaha. I've enjoyed both. Not sure I can tell the difference. I may have to take the challenge.
Although after a quick Google search I can see that Case was a copycat brand started 14 years after Taylor. Since Case is based out of Trenton, I understand where your loyalties lay. (Or is it lie?)
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 07, 2019, 10:59:26 AM
[...]

I think it's actually, "where your loyalties be." Or lie.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 11:28:58 AM
[...]

A little more Pork Roll info/facts...

Both Case and Taylor are Trenton based.
There are currently about 6 pork roll manufacturers:
Case
Taylor
Hatfield
Johnson
Alderfer
Loeffler  (also Trenton)

Case and Taylor are most commonly available
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 11:30:22 AM
[...]

I'm a Case man myself.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 11:36:15 AM
Another regional meat ….Summer Sausage by Loeffler  A very mild veal and pork sausage.  Very different from what most consider summer sausage which is dried or smoked and can be kept without refrigeration.  More similar to German Weisswurst.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 07, 2019, 11:39:14 AM
[...]

When my sister came into town over the July 4th holiday, she brought me some Alderfer and Taylor.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 11:42:28 AM
[...]

I've never had Alderfer, but heard it is very good.  Loeffler, Johnson and Hatfield, not so much.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 07, 2019, 12:01:34 PM
[...]

It was quite good.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 12:07:53 PM
Now I'm hungry....lunchtime?
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 07, 2019, 12:14:07 PM
oops.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 07, 2019, 12:14:46 PM
off to the links.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 07, 2019, 12:18:47 PM
Morning/afternoon ham boys.  A cool 60 degrees out here in the overcast NW.  Might have to bust out cigar soon.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 07, 2019, 12:29:47 PM
off to the links.
Hit 'em straight!
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 07, 2019, 12:30:01 PM
oops.
Womp womp
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 07, 2019, 12:31:25 PM
Morning/afternoon ham boys.  A cool 60 degrees out here in the overcast NW.  Might have to bust out cigar soon.
Afternoon, Mark. You spend much more time up there and we're gonna have to get you a beret.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 12:39:27 PM
Midday Intemperance.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 07, 2019, 01:04:16 PM
Midday Intemperance.
What the heck is a *.dng file?
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 07, 2019, 01:06:22 PM
Morning/afternoon ham boys.  A cool 60 degrees out here in the overcast NW.  Might have to bust out cigar soon.
Afternoon, Mark. You spend much more time up there and we're gonna have to get you a beret.
I'll skip the beret and go right to the pussy hat.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 07, 2019, 01:06:39 PM
Midday Intemperance.
I have such crappy reception it took nearly 10 minutes to load the image.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 07, 2019, 01:09:56 PM
Midday Intemperance.
What the heck is a *.dng file?
I believe it's a tiff image. The dng could be the photographer's initials.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 07, 2019, 01:25:04 PM
Midday Intemperance.
What the heck is a *.dng file?
I believe it's a tiff image. The dng could be the photographer's initials.
I believe you're full of BS.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 07, 2019, 01:28:48 PM
Midday Intemperance.
What the heck is a *.dng file?
Sounds like something we'd expect from Dean.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 07, 2019, 01:29:36 PM
Morning/afternoon ham boys.  A cool 60 degrees out here in the overcast NW.  Might have to bust out cigar soon.
Afternoon, Mark. You spend much more time up there and we're gonna have to get you a beret.
I'll skip the beret and go right to the pussy hat.
Save that for a trip to CA.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 07, 2019, 01:36:47 PM
Midday Intemperance.
What the heck is a *.dng file?
I believe it's a tiff image. The dng could be the photographer's initials.
I believe you're full of BS.
To be honest, I still can't open the dang thing.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 01:41:20 PM
Midday Intemperance.
What the heck is a *.dng file?
Oops, those are my private dong files...
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 01:45:31 PM
Midday Intemperance.
What the heck is a *.dng file?
Oops, those are my private dong files...
Fixed it.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 01:46:12 PM
Raz got all excited when I told him you were in the neighborhood Bean.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 07, 2019, 01:47:25 PM
Midday Intemperance.
What the heck is a *.dng file?
Oops, those are my private dong files...
CNS.  But there's nothing private about your dong, Mr. White Whale.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 07, 2019, 01:48:21 PM
Raz got all excited when I told him you were in the neighborhood Bean.
Neighborhood being a relative term.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 07, 2019, 01:55:13 PM
Midday Intemperance.
What the heck is a *.dng file?
I believe it's a tiff image. The dng could be the photographer's initials.
I believe you're full of BS.
To be honest, I still can't open the dang thing.
It tried to download it to my laptop when I clicked on it the first time.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 07, 2019, 02:07:39 PM
Midday Intemperance.
What the heck is a *.dng file?
I believe it's a tiff image. The dng could be the photographer's initials.
I believe you're full of BS.
To be honest, I still can't open the dang thing.
It tried to download it to my laptop when I clicked on it the first time.
Pretty certain hazzuh will come first. I see that Dave has modified the original post but it still won't open properly in Tapatalk.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 07, 2019, 02:11:14 PM
Midday Intemperance.
What the heck is a *.dng file?
I believe it's a tiff image. The dng could be the photographer's initials.
I believe you're full of BS.
To be honest, I still can't open the dang thing.
It tried to download it to my laptop when I clicked on it the first time.
Pretty certain hazzuh will come first. I see that Dave has modified the original post but it still won't open properly in Tapatalk.
One again today, I stand corrected. Nice photo too.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 07, 2019, 02:24:11 PM
Midday Intemperance.
What the heck is a *.dng file?
I believe it's a tiff image. The dng could be the photographer's initials.
I believe you're full of BS.
To be honest, I still can't open the dang thing.
It tried to download it to my laptop when I clicked on it the first time.
Pretty certain hazzuh will come first. I see that Dave has modified the original post but it still won't open properly in Tapatalk.
One again today, I stand corrected. Nice photo too.
I'd say you can see why I set the bar so high, but then you remember he tried posting his dong first. :D
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 07, 2019, 02:24:35 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 02:37:56 PM
Room 101 Doomsayer Passive.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 07, 2019, 02:49:11 PM
Midday Intemperance.
What the heck is a *.dng file?
I believe it's a tiff image. The dng could be the photographer's initials.
I believe you're full of BS.
To be honest, I still can't open the dang thing.
It tried to download it to my laptop when I clicked on it the first time.
Non-Russian dong malware.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 07, 2019, 02:55:46 PM
Some kind of humid here, 87° with real feel 100°
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 07, 2019, 03:27:57 PM
Room 101 Doomsayer Passive.
Damn. Now you're just showing off.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 07, 2019, 03:30:13 PM
Storm coming through here.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: bluecollar on August 07, 2019, 04:03:39 PM
Midday Intemperance.
I wish I could just hit the like button
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: bluecollar on August 07, 2019, 04:05:28 PM
Midday Intemperance.
What the heck is a *.dng file?
Oops, those are my private dong files...
Yeah don't post that shit either.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 07, 2019, 04:07:13 PM
Midday Intemperance.
I wish I could just hit the like button
Next revision of the website.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: bluecollar on August 07, 2019, 04:21:12 PM
Midday Intemperance.
I wish I could just hit the like button
Next revision of the website.
Hey good afternoon T
I can't stop burning these oliva reserva blanc's for a 1st cigar of the day. You won't get palate fatigue and you can still enjoy a few more through out the day(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190807/65b0a2c939f3ecac5e6f263e504dcdb7.jpg)
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 07, 2019, 04:24:11 PM
Midday Intemperance.
I wish I could just hit the like button
Next revision of the website.
Hey good afternoon T
I can't stop burning these oliva reserva blanc's for a 1st cigar of the day. You won't get palate fatigue and you can still enjoy a few more through out the day(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190807/65b0a2c939f3ecac5e6f263e504dcdb7.jpg)
Sounds nice. Wouldn't mind one right about now.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 04:34:41 PM
Room 101 Doomsayer Passive.
Damn. Now you're just showing off.
Think ill have an Aggressive this evening.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 05:07:57 PM
End of work day lull?
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 07:11:29 PM
Where the heck is Bean lull.
He should be picking up the slack from the left coast!
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 07, 2019, 07:12:15 PM
End of work day lull?
Family birthday celebrations lull.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 07, 2019, 07:12:36 PM
Where the heck is Bean lull.
He should be picking up the slack from the left coast!
Agreed.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 07, 2019, 07:21:57 PM
Where the heck is Bean lull.
He should be picking up the slack from the left coast!
Agreed.
GFY.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 07:35:08 PM
End of work day lull?
Family birthday celebrations lull.
Is there a girls (or coed) party this weekend?
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 07, 2019, 07:38:24 PM
Where the heck is Bean lull.
He should be picking up the slack from the left coast!
Agreed.
GFY.
Agreed.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 07, 2019, 08:57:43 PM
End of work day lull?
Family birthday celebrations lull.
Is there a girls (or coed) party this weekend?
She opted to go to Paris last month in lieu of the party... Coed or otherwise.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 07, 2019, 09:15:57 PM
Guess I'll have to come back next weekend to see some real fun action.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/portland-braces-for-another-round-of-proud-boys-antifa-fights (https://www.thedailybeast.com/portland-braces-for-another-round-of-proud-boys-antifa-fights)
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 07, 2019, 09:25:36 PM
GOTF jobsite break.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190808/9d7ce343971e47aa136096a974a7b341.jpg)
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 09:31:48 PM
GOTF jobsite break.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190808/9d7ce343971e47aa136096a974a7b341.jpg)
Must be a well paying job!
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 07, 2019, 09:46:29 PM
GOTF jobsite break.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190808/9d7ce343971e47aa136096a974a7b341.jpg)
Must be a well paying job!
Jury is still out on that aspect, but can't beat the great smoking weather.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190808/ccb21d821b405725bf1de97cb14cc5f0.jpg)
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 09:56:51 PM
Evening with Room 101 Doomsayer Aggressive.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 10:00:08 PM
Evening with Room 101 Doomsayer Aggressive.
After storms moved out, rather cool, pleasant evening here as well, 70 degrees!
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 07, 2019, 10:01:24 PM
Evening with Room 101 Doomsayer Aggressive.
What's the story compared to the "Passive "?
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 10:01:38 PM
Start PT tomorrow, oh joy!
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 10:04:46 PM
Evening with Room 101 Doomsayer Aggressive.
What's the story compared to the "Passive "?
Same guts, Passive is an Ecuadoran Habano wrapper, Aggressive is an unspecified Oscuro.  First take, I prefer the Oscuro from a flavor perspective.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 10:08:13 PM
Evening with Room 101 Doomsayer Aggressive.
What's the story compared to the "Passive "?
Same guts, Passive is an Ecuadoran Habano wrapper, Aggressive is an unspecified Oscuro.  First take, I prefer the Oscuro from a flavor perspective.
Nice creamy chocolate.  Not overly complex, and no real transition so far.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 07, 2019, 11:06:29 PM
Evening with Room 101 Doomsayer Aggressive.
What's the story compared to the "Passive "?
Same guts, Passive is an Ecuadoran Habano wrapper, Aggressive is an unspecified Oscuro.  First take, I prefer the Oscuro from a flavor perspective.
Nice creamy chocolate.  Not overly complex, and no real transition so far.
But no big difference in nic kick as the name might imply?
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 11:07:20 PM
We can get this baby to page 10 tonight!
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 11:08:01 PM
Evening with Room 101 Doomsayer Aggressive.
What's the story compared to the "Passive "?
Same guts, Passive is an Ecuadoran Habano wrapper, Aggressive is an unspecified Oscuro.  First take, I prefer the Oscuro from a flavor perspective.
Nice creamy chocolate.  Not overly complex, and no real transition so far.
But no big difference in nic kick as the name might imply?
No, both are solid medium.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 07, 2019, 11:10:50 PM
Evening with Room 101 Doomsayer Aggressive.
What's the story compared to the "Passive "?
Same guts, Passive is an Ecuadoran Habano wrapper, Aggressive is an unspecified Oscuro.  First take, I prefer the Oscuro from a flavor perspective.
Nice creamy chocolate.  Not overly complex, and no real transition so far.
But no big difference in nic kick as the name might imply?
Passive and Aggressive are pretty dumb names.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 07, 2019, 11:12:59 PM
Calling it a night. I had a successful Wednesday. Let's see what 8/8 has in store for us.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 11:27:05 PM
Calling it a night. I had a successful Wednesday. Let's see what 8/8 has in store for us.
You can't call it a night yet, ya gotta flip.
Title: Re: 8/7/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 07, 2019, 11:55:56 PM
Evening with Room 101 Doomsayer Aggressive.
What's the story compared to the "Passive "?
Same guts, Passive is an Ecuadoran Habano wrapper, Aggressive is an unspecified Oscuro.  First take, I prefer the Oscuro from a flavor perspective.
Nice creamy chocolate.  Not overly complex, and no real transition so far.
But no big difference in nic kick as the name might imply?
Passive and Aggressive are pretty dumb names.
Doomsayer is a bit unusual as well.