CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on September 03, 2020, 12:00:19 AM

Title: 9/3/2020
Post by: CigarBanter on September 03, 2020, 12:00:19 AM
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 03, 2020, 05:28:00 AM
Happy Jammin' Thursday.
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on September 03, 2020, 06:22:51 AM
Happy Jammin' Thursday.
good morning Dave.
you're over the hump.
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: bluecollar on September 03, 2020, 07:02:24 AM
Good morning Dean and Dave. I have to jump right at it already.
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 03, 2020, 07:03:06 AM
Happy Jammin' Thursday.
good morning Dave.
you're over the hump.
The weekend is in sight, a long weekend, to boot. And I'm taking Tuesday off as well, since that's the kids first day of "school".
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 03, 2020, 08:10:42 AM
Good morning Dean and Dave. I have to jump right at it already.
TWSS
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 03, 2020, 08:11:19 AM
Good morning, fellas.
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on September 03, 2020, 08:34:52 AM
morning Rick and Tony.
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 03, 2020, 08:34:57 AM
Good morning, fellas.
Morning, BeachBum.
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on September 03, 2020, 08:52:23 AM
bacon and eggs cooking.
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: bluecollar on September 03, 2020, 09:16:38 AM
OY posted about dry boxing. I find this helps for some cigars. Mostly maduros.
I can't for the life of me get the GOTF to burn right no matter what I do. I must have got a bad batch.
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: bluecollar on September 03, 2020, 09:17:04 AM
Good morning, fellas.
Good morning Mr Mayor
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: razgueado on September 03, 2020, 09:19:27 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 03, 2020, 09:21:45 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Howdy, Bret.
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 03, 2020, 09:47:37 AM
Morning Tony, Rick, Dave, Dean and Raz.
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: Threebean on September 03, 2020, 09:49:34 AM
Good morning, boyz.  Nice crowd this morning, including EarlyCheckInRaz.  Raining here at last.
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 03, 2020, 09:49:48 AM
Happy Jammin' Thursday.
Keep an eye out for that La Barba sampler on the Jam Tony.
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 03, 2020, 09:50:44 AM
Good morning, boyz.  Nice crowd this morning, including EarlyCheckInRaz.  Raining here at last.
Morning SoggyGreenBean.
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 03, 2020, 09:56:04 AM
Happy Jammin' Thursday.
Keep an eye out for that La Barba sampler on the Jam Tony.
I still have an outstanding bid. Let's see how that one turns out.
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 03, 2020, 09:56:37 AM
Morning Tony, Rick, Dave, Dean and Raz.
Good morning, ClemsonDave and Mark.
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: razgueado on September 03, 2020, 10:22:33 AM
Good morning, boyz.  Nice crowd this morning, including EarlyCheckInRaz.  Raining here at last.
New normal.  The missus has to report to the school now, even though the students are still remote, and the live-in niece needs transport to work at 8:00am.  So for me to start work at 7am, I have to be out the shower by 6:20.
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 03, 2020, 11:11:45 AM
Good morning, boyz.  Nice crowd this morning, including EarlyCheckInRaz.  Raining here at last.
New normal.  The missus has to report to the school now, even though the students are still remote, and the live-in niece needs transport to work at 8:00am.  So for me to start work at 7am, I have to be out the shower by 6:20.
I can relate to all that.
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 03, 2020, 11:17:13 AM
Speak of the devil, La Barba sampler jammin' now.
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 03, 2020, 11:56:16 AM
Speak of the devil, La Barba sampler jammin' now.
I had a feeling....
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 03, 2020, 11:56:50 AM
Tony better not have missed it.
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 03, 2020, 12:50:46 PM
Good morning, boyz.  Nice crowd this morning, including EarlyCheckInRaz.  Raining here at last.
Crowd seems to be a bunch of one and done's....still on page two at 1:00, sheesh.
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 03, 2020, 12:52:20 PM
Speak of the devil, La Barba sampler jammin' now.
Will probably make a reappearance this evening then.  (second chance for when Tony gives his excuse why his missed them the first time).
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 03, 2020, 01:05:31 PM
Speak of the devil, La Barba sampler jammin' now.
Will probably make a reappearance this evening then.  (second chance for when Tony gives his excuse why his missed them the first time).
He already said he was waiting on a bid he's already got on them at the devil.
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 03, 2020, 01:13:41 PM
Today is Thursday, Sept. 3, the 247th day of 2020.
There are 119 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On Sept. 3, 2005, President George W. Bush ordered more than 7,000 active duty forces to the Gulf Coast as his administration intensified efforts to rescue Katrina survivors and send aid to the hurricane-ravaged region in the face of criticism it did not act quickly enough.

On this date:

In 1609, English explorer Henry Hudson and his crew aboard the Half Moon entered present-day New York Harbor and began sailing up the river that now bears his name. (They reached present-day Albany before turning back.)

In 1861, during the Civil War, Confederate forces invaded the border state of Kentucky, which had declared its neutrality in the conflict.

In 1939, Britain, France, Australia and New Zealand declared war on Germany, two days after the Nazi invasion of Poland; in a radio address, Britain’s King George VI said, “With God’s help, we shall prevail.” The same day, a German U-boat torpedoed and sank the British liner SS Athenia some 250 miles off the Irish coast, killing more than 100 out of the 1,400 or so people on board.

In 1943, Allied forces invaded Italy during World War II, the same day Italian officials signed a secret armistice with the Allies.

In 1967, Nguyen Van Thieu (nwen van too) was elected president of South Vietnam under a new constitution.

In 1970, legendary football coach Vince Lombardi, 57, died in Washington, D.C.

In 1976, America’s Viking 2 lander touched down on Mars to take the first close-up, color photographs of the red planet’s surface.

In 1978, Pope John Paul I was installed as the 264th pontiff of the Roman Catholic Church.

In 1995, the online auction site eBay was founded in San Jose, California, by Pierre Omidyar under the name “AuctionWeb.”

In 1999, a French judge closed a two-year inquiry into the car crash that killed Princess Diana, dismissing all charges against nine photographers and a press motorcyclist, and concluding the accident was caused by an inebriated driver.

In 2003, Paul Hill, a former minister who said he murdered an abortion doctor and his bodyguard to save the lives of unborn babies, was executed in Florida by injection, becoming the first person put to death in the United States for anti-abortion violence.

In 2012, Sun Myung Moon, 92, a self-proclaimed messiah who founded the Unification Church, died in Gapeyeong, South Korea. Prolific character actor Michael Clarke Duncan, 54, died in Los Angeles.
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 03, 2020, 01:14:20 PM
Ten years ago: Defense Secretary Robert Gates toured U.S. bases and war zones in Afghanistan, saying he saw and heard evidence that the American counterinsurgency strategy was taking hold in critical Kandahar province. The Fox network announced that Kara DioGuardi was stepping down as one of the judges on “American Idol,” following the departures of Simon Cowell and Ellen DeGeneres.

Five years ago: A federal judge jailed Rowan County, Kentucky, Clerk Kim Davis for refusing to issue marriage licenses to gay couples, but five of her deputies agreed to issue the licenses themselves, potentially ending the church-state standoff. (Davis was freed five days later.) Tom Brady had his four-game “Deflategate” suspension lifted after U.S. District Judge Richard M. Berman criticized NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell for dispensing “his own brand of industrial justice.” Judy Carne, 76, a star of the comedy show “Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In,” died at Northampton General Hospital in England.

One year ago: Relief officials reported scenes of utter ruin in parts of the Bahamas from Hurricane Dorian, the most powerful storm on record ever to hit the islands. Walmart said it would stop selling ammunition for handguns and short-barrel rifles, and the store chain requested that customers not openly carry firearms in its stores; the announcement followed a shooting at a Walmart store in Texas that left 22 people dead. British Prime Minister Boris Johnson suffered a major defeat in Parliament as rebellious lawmakers voted to seize control of the Brexit agenda; they sought to keep Britain from leaving the EU without a deal in place.
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 03, 2020, 01:16:06 PM
Today’s Birthdays:

Actor Pauline Collins is 80.
Rock singer-musician Al Jardine is 78.
Actor Valerie Perrine is 77.
Rock musician Donald Brewer (Grand Funk Railroad) is 72.
Rock guitarist Steve Jones (The Sex Pistols) is 65.
Actor Steve Schirripa is 63.
Actor Holt McCallany is 56.
Rock singer-musician Todd Lewis is 55.
Actor Costas Mandylor is 55.
Actor Charlie Sheen is 55.
Singer Jennifer Paige is 47.
Dance-rock musician Redfoo is 45.
Actor Ashley Jones is 44.
Actor Nichole Hiltz is 42.
Actor Joel Johnstone is 42.
Actor Nick Wechsler is 42. Rock musician Tomo Milicevic (30 Seconds to Mars) is 41.
Bluegrass musician Darren Nicholson (Balsam Range) is 37.
Actor Christine Woods is 37.
Actor Garrett Hedlund is 36.
Olympic gold medal snowboarder Shaun White is 34.
Hip-hop singer August Alsina is 28.
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 03, 2020, 01:16:30 PM
Hurray, Page 3!
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 03, 2020, 01:53:20 PM
Hurray, Page 3!
Looked like we weren't going to make it.
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 03, 2020, 02:10:11 PM
Tony better not have missed it.
He did. How much was it?
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 03, 2020, 02:17:17 PM
Tony better not have missed it.
He did. How much was it?
$24.99
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 03, 2020, 02:17:41 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 03, 2020, 02:32:46 PM
Tony better not have missed it.
He did. How much was it?
$24.99
For 5er?
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: Threebean on September 03, 2020, 03:34:59 PM
Tony better not have missed it.
He did. How much was it?
$24.99
For 5er?
No, for the box, you really missed out.
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on September 03, 2020, 03:41:02 PM
having some health issues. my heart acting up again after 7 years. talked to my PA this morning, doing a video chat with my doctor in the morning, and my rheumatologist called saying to avoid the ER unless absolutely needed. just rest, drink clear fluids, no coffee, and no smoking. 😢
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: Threebean on September 03, 2020, 03:56:00 PM
New to me stick on fire in the man cave.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200903/23ea2c0c7d989c109ec008275c1df6d1.jpg)
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: Threebean on September 03, 2020, 03:57:56 PM
On hold with CigarBid trying to figure out what happened to my winning bid from two weeks ago.  Confirmed order still there but WTF happened, it hasn't shipped.  On hold for 20 minutes so far. This should be interesting.
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 03, 2020, 04:37:07 PM
At least you have a nice cigar while you wait.
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: Threebean on September 03, 2020, 05:08:59 PM
At least you have a nice cigar while you wait.
Indeed  :D
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: Threebean on September 03, 2020, 05:09:57 PM
On hold with CigarBid trying to figure out what happened to my winning bid from two weeks ago.  Confirmed order still there but WTF happened, it hasn't shipped.  On hold for 20 minutes so far. This should be interesting.
Finally got through.  Long story short, they say they will "reinstate" the order. No plausible explanation on why it was "cancelled".  We shall see.
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on September 03, 2020, 06:21:50 PM
Smoke and Harvest
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: bluecollar on September 03, 2020, 07:56:19 PM
having some health issues. my heart acting up again after 7 years. talked to my PA this morning, doing a video chat with my doctor in the morning, and my rheumatologist called saying to avoid the ER unless absolutely needed. just rest, drink clear fluids, no coffee, and no smoking.
I know a lot of people having issues. It can't be 2021 quick enough. Wishing you well.
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: bluecollar on September 03, 2020, 07:58:09 PM
New to me stick on fire in the man cave.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200903/23ea2c0c7d989c109ec008275c1df6d1.jpg)
Looks like something Clemson Dave would smoke.
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: bluecollar on September 03, 2020, 07:59:48 PM
Smoke and Harvest
What size is that V?  Master of the Pepper's
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on September 03, 2020, 08:08:54 PM
Smoke and Harvest
What size is that V?  Master of the Pepper's
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on September 03, 2020, 08:09:33 PM
having some health issues. my heart acting up again after 7 years. talked to my PA this morning, doing a video chat with my doctor in the morning, and my rheumatologist called saying to avoid the ER unless absolutely needed. just rest, drink clear fluids, no coffee, and no smoking.
I know a lot of people having issues. It can't be 2021 quick enough. Wishing you well.
wow scary stuff. Praying 🙏🏼
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: Threebean on September 03, 2020, 09:20:47 PM
New to me stick on fire in the man cave.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200903/23ea2c0c7d989c109ec008275c1df6d1.jpg)
Looks like something Clemson Dave would smoke.
There is a reason for that.  It is from that same generous BoTL.
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: Threebean on September 03, 2020, 09:21:41 PM
Tony's elusive La Barba sampler back up on the jam.  Tony, Tony, Tony...
Title: Re: 9/3/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 03, 2020, 10:42:55 PM
Tony better not have missed it.
He did. How much was it?
$24.99
For 5er?
No, for the box, you really missed out.
A box of samplers? Dang, I really did miss out.