CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on August 13, 2019, 12:00:04 AM

Title: 8/13/2019
Post by: CigarBanter on August 13, 2019, 12:00:04 AM
It's Tuesday again! In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!!
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 13, 2019, 12:02:49 AM
Survived another Deanday!
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 13, 2019, 12:03:28 AM
All hyped to watch the meteors tonight and clouds roll in....
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 13, 2019, 05:26:03 AM
Morning Post Whores
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 13, 2019, 05:45:24 AM
Morning SCDave & PerseidsDave.
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 13, 2019, 05:47:01 AM
Morning SCDave & PerseidsDave.
WTF, Bean awakens at this time of the morning?

Morning Bean
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 13, 2019, 05:51:28 AM
Morning SCDave & PerseidsDave.
You got a bit of the indigestion or something?
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 13, 2019, 05:53:06 AM
Morning SCDave & PerseidsDave.
You got a bit of the indigestion or something?
Just woke up too early and gave up getting back to sleep.  I'll try to go home and take a nap later in the morning, SCDave style.
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 13, 2019, 05:55:44 AM
Morning SCDave & PerseidsDave.
You got a bit of the indigestion or something?
Just woke up too early and gave up getting back to sleep.  I'll try to go home and take a nap later in the morning, SCDave style.
Absolutely the correct thing to do
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 13, 2019, 06:18:26 AM
Morning SCDave & PerseidsDave.
You got a bit of the indigestion or something?
Just woke up too early and gave up getting back to sleep.  I'll try to go home and take a nap later in the morning, SCDave style.
Sounds like a solid plan.
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 13, 2019, 06:19:44 AM
Morning SCDave & PerseidsDave.
You got a bit of the indigestion or something?
Just woke up too early and gave up getting back to sleep.  I'll try to go home and take a nap later in the morning, SCDave style.
Sounds like a solid plan.
Have a off-site meeting at 9:30 am so will be the perfect opportunity to go home instead of back to the orifice after.
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 13, 2019, 06:34:59 AM
Morning SCDave & PerseidsDave.
You got a bit of the indigestion or something?
Just woke up too early and gave up getting back to sleep.  I'll try to go home and take a nap later in the morning, SCDave style.
Sounds like a solid plan.
Have a off-site meeting at 9:30 am so will be the perfect opportunity to go home instead of back to the orifice after.
Don't let that HR bastige catch you.
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 13, 2019, 06:39:09 AM
Morning SCDave & PerseidsDave.
You got a bit of the indigestion or something?
Just woke up too early and gave up getting back to sleep.  I'll try to go home and take a nap later in the morning, SCDave style.
Sweet. Good morning, Bean.

And good morning to the Daves.
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 13, 2019, 06:47:21 AM
Morning SCDave & PerseidsDave.
You got a bit of the indigestion or something?
Just woke up too early and gave up getting back to sleep.  I'll try to go home and take a nap later in the morning, SCDave style.
Sounds like a solid plan.
Have a off-site meeting at 9:30 am so will be the perfect opportunity to go home instead of back to the orifice after.
Don't let that HR bastige catch you.
Indeed. Another reason my plan is a good one.
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 13, 2019, 07:25:22 AM
Morning SCDave & PerseidsDave.
You got a bit of the indigestion or something?
Just woke up too early and gave up getting back to sleep.  I'll try to go home and take a nap later in the morning, SCDave style.
Sweet. Good morning, Bean.

And good morning to the Daves.
Morning Mayor T
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 13, 2019, 07:36:37 AM
Already hot as hell this morning
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 13, 2019, 07:44:33 AM
Morning SCDave, SandInMyShoesTony, SprinklelessDave, FurnitureNightmaresBean.
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 13, 2019, 07:47:53 AM
Morning SCDave, SandInMyShoesTony, SprinklelessDave, FurnitureNightmaresBean.
Good morning, Dave. Just realized I forgot my umbrella. It will be wet sand in my shoes.
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 13, 2019, 07:48:24 AM
GFY guys.
coffee and Cusano maduro.
79° RealFeel 88°. going to be hot and humid. RA is not happy today.
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 13, 2019, 07:51:34 AM
Today is Tuesday, Aug. 13, the 225th day of 2019. There are 140 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:
On August 13, 1961, East Germany sealed off the border between Berlin's eastern and western sectors before building a wall that would divide the city for the next 28 years.

On this date:
In 1846, the American flag was raised in Los Angeles for the first time.
In 1860, legendary sharpshooter Annie Oakley was born in Darke County, Ohio.
In 1889, William Gray of Hartford, Conn., received a patent for a coin-operated telephone.
In 1910, Florence Nightingale, the founder of modern nursing, died in London at age 90.
In 1932, Adolf Hitler rejected the post of vice chancellor of Germany, saying he was prepared to hold out "for all or nothing."
In 1960, the first two-way telephone conversation by satellite took place with the help of Echo 1. The Central African Republic became totally independent of French rule.
In 1967, the crime caper biopic "Bonnie and Clyde," starring Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway, had its U.S. premiere; the movie, directed by Arthur Penn, was considered shocking as well as innovative for its graphic portrayal of violence.
In 1989, searchers in Ethiopia found the wreckage of a plane which had disappeared almost a week earlier while carrying Rep. Mickey Leland, D-Texas, and 14 other people — there were no survivors.
In 1995, baseball Hall of Famer Mickey Mantle died at a Dallas hospital of rapidly spreading liver cancer; he was 63.
In 2003, Iraq began pumping crude oil from its northern oil fields for the first time since the start of the war. Libya agreed to set up a $2.7 billion fund for families of the 270 people killed in the 1988 Pan Am bombing.
In 2008, a man barged into the Arkansas Democratic headquarters in Little Rock and opened fire, killing state party chairman Bill Gwatney before speeding off in a pickup. (Police later shot and killed the gunman, Timothy Dale Johnson.) Michael Phelps swam into history as the winningest Olympic athlete ever with his 10th and 11th career gold medals.
In 2017, in a statement, the White House said President Donald Trump "very strongly" condemns individual hate groups such as "white supremacists, KKK and neo-Nazis;" the statement followed criticism of Trump for blaming the previous day's deadly violence at a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, on "many sides." Protesters decrying hatred and racism converged around the country, saying they felt compelled to respond to the white supremacist rally in Virginia.
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 13, 2019, 07:52:26 AM
Ten years ago: The Philadelphia Eagles signed Michael Vick to a one-year deal, prompting criticism from animal rights activists over his role in a dogfighting ring. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell suspended Cleveland Browns receiver Donte Stallworth for the entire season after Stallworth served 24 days in jail for DUI manslaughter in the death of 59-year-old Mario Reyes in Miami.

Five years ago: Six people — including Associated Press video journalist Simone Camilli — were killed when leftover ordnance believed to have been dropped in an Israeli airstrike blew up in the Gaza Strip. Brazilian presidential candidate Eduardo Campos died when the small plane that was carrying him and several campaign officials plunged into a residential neighborhood in the port city of Santos.

One year ago: President Donald Trump dared New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo to challenge him in 2020, warning, "Anybody that runs against Trump suffers." A lawyer for longtime FBI agent Peter Strzok, who'd been removed from the Russia investigation over anti-Trump text messages, said Strzok had been fired by the agency.
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 13, 2019, 07:55:22 AM
Today's Birthdays:

Former U.S. Surgeon General Joycelyn Elders is 86.
Actor Kevin Tighe is 75.
Former Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen is 73.
Opera singer Kathleen Battle is 71.
High wire aerialist Philippe Petit is 70.
Hockey Hall of Famer Bobby Clarke is 70.
Golf Hall of Famer Betsy King is 64.
Movie director Paul Greengrass is 64.
Actor Danny Bonaduce is 60.
TV weatherman Sam Champion is 58.
Actress Dawnn (correct) Lewis is 58.
Actor John Slattery is 57.
Actress Debi Mazar is 55.
Actress Quinn Cummings is 52.
Actress Seana Kofoed is 49.
Country singer Andy Griggs is 46.
Actor Gregory Fitoussi is 43.
Country musician Mike Melancon (Emerson Drive) is 41.
Actress Kathryn Fiore is 40.
Former White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders is 37.
Actor Sebastian Stan is 37.
Actor Eme Ikwuakor is 35.
Pop-rock singer James Morrison is 35.
Actress Lennon Stella is 20.
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 13, 2019, 07:55:58 AM
Thought for Today: "People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges." — Joseph Fort Newton, American clergyman (1876-1950).
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 13, 2019, 07:57:08 AM
Morning SCDave, SandInMyShoesTony, SprinklelessDave, FurnitureNightmaresBean.
Good morning, Dave. Just realized I forgot my umbrella. It will be wet sand in my shoes.
Looking that way.
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 13, 2019, 07:58:27 AM
Morning Dean’O and UpStateDave
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 13, 2019, 08:05:12 AM
GFY guys.
coffee and Cusano maduro.
79° RealFeel 88°. going to be hot and humid. RA is not happy today.
Good morning, Deano. GFY back.
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 13, 2019, 08:09:30 AM
Boxes of Headley Grange Black Lab offered at the Sis.  (a whopping 18% off!)
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 13, 2019, 08:19:16 AM
GFY guys.
coffee and Cusano maduro.
79° RealFeel 88°. going to be hot and humid. RA is not happy today.
Good morning, Deano. GFY back.
thank you Tony. 😊
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 13, 2019, 08:46:56 AM
GFY guys.
coffee and Cusano maduro.
79° RealFeel 88°. going to be hot and humid. RA is not happy today.
Good morning, Deano. GFY back.
thank you Tony. 😊
Nothing like a heartfelt GFY to start the day right.
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 13, 2019, 09:14:29 AM
GFY guys.
coffee and Cusano maduro.
79° RealFeel 88°. going to be hot and humid. RA is not happy today.
Good morning, Deano. GFY back.
thank you Tony.
Nothing like a heartfelt GFY to start the day right.
Unless it clogs up the works as it appears to have done today.
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 13, 2019, 09:15:48 AM
Page three nudge.
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 13, 2019, 09:28:43 AM
Headed to the shooting range to put some holes in paper.
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: razgueado on August 13, 2019, 09:30:37 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 13, 2019, 09:49:58 AM
Time for a mind-numbing 2-hour training session. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 13, 2019, 09:54:54 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Good morning, Raz. SCDave's previous post got your attention?
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: razgueado on August 13, 2019, 10:01:15 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Good morning, Raz. SCDave's previous post got your attention?
About the range? That always gets my attention.
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 13, 2019, 10:14:37 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Good morning, Raz. SCDave's previous post got your attention?
About the range? That always gets my attention.
What's been going on, Bret?
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 13, 2019, 10:16:04 AM
Morning, muchachos.
morning Brett.
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 13, 2019, 10:19:16 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Good morning, Raz. SCDave's previous post got your attention?
About the range? That always gets my attention.

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/shot-show-2019/
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: razgueado on August 13, 2019, 10:24:30 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Good morning, Raz. SCDave's previous post got your attention?
About the range? That always gets my attention.
What's been going on, Bret?
Work's a bitch, I'm supporting three extra family members, and I'm still trying to get full movement back in my right hand. On the other hand, I've got the Model 70 sighted in tight and managed three of four shots to the ocular box on a target at 200 yards on Sunday after months away from the rifles. So with three months to go until deer hunting, I'm in pretty good shape.
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: razgueado on August 13, 2019, 10:24:47 AM
Morning, muchachos.
morning Brett.
Morning, Deano.
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: razgueado on August 13, 2019, 10:26:13 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Good morning, Raz. SCDave's previous post got your attention?
About the range? That always gets my attention.

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/shot-show-2019/
Oh, man. A real PPK available in the US. HELL yeah.
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 13, 2019, 10:41:59 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Good morning, Raz. SCDave's previous post got your attention?
About the range? That always gets my attention.

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/shot-show-2019/
Oh, man. A real PPK available in the US. HELL yeah.
😂
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 13, 2019, 11:59:58 AM
Trying to figure out what a PPK is lull?
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 13, 2019, 01:24:44 PM
Trying to figure out what a PPK is lull?
Fell down a James Bond rabbit hole looking up PPK lull?
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 13, 2019, 01:52:12 PM
El Triunfador Ready for🔥
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 13, 2019, 01:59:54 PM
Boy met me at the range and we enjoyed some quality chooting time then we had lunch at McAlisters Deli.

  He hung his shingle over the door 3 years ago and it is amazing how many people recognize him around town.  Anywhere we go people will know him.
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 13, 2019, 02:01:55 PM
Boy met me at the range and we enjoyed some quality chooting time then we had lunch at McAlisters Deli.

  He hung his shingle over the door 3 years ago and it is amazing how many people recognize him around town.  Anywhere we go people will know him.
And no one fell into a ditch?
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 13, 2019, 02:03:59 PM
El Triunfador Ready for
Is it too early for me to go humi diving if I'm not leaving for a few more hours?
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 13, 2019, 02:05:35 PM
Boy met me at the range and we enjoyed some quality chooting time then we had lunch at McAlisters Deli.

  He hung his shingle over the door 3 years ago and it is amazing how many people recognize him around town.  Anywhere we go people will know him.
And no one fell into a ditch?
Surely he'd leave THAT part out.
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 13, 2019, 02:05:53 PM
El Triunfador Ready for
Is it too early for me to go humi diving if I'm not leaving for a few more hours?
It's never too early to dream.
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 13, 2019, 02:06:38 PM
It was .45 ACP day at the range for me, shot all 5 of my .45’s.  First time I have fired my old 1911 in about 20 years.

9 mm carry day for the boy, he does not luv heavy recoil as much as I do but he fired a few out of some of mine.  Whining millennials 😂
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 13, 2019, 02:09:40 PM
Boy met me at the range and we enjoyed some quality chooting time then we had lunch at McAlisters Deli.

  He hung his shingle over the door 3 years ago and it is amazing how many people recognize him around town.  Anywhere we go people will know him.
And no one fell into a ditch?
That would be Raz’s department NOT Mine!  Besides, we used an indoor air conditioned range with no ditches😀

The boy collects $ for Raz’s types.
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 13, 2019, 02:10:11 PM
El Triunfador Ready for
Is it too early for me to go humi diving if I'm not leaving for a few more hours?
Never too early for that.
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 13, 2019, 02:17:20 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 13, 2019, 02:36:52 PM
There was a smok’n Hot babe chooting at the range making her LuLu Lemon’s look really good.
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 13, 2019, 02:54:14 PM
There was a smok’n Hot babe chooting at the range making her LuLu Lemon’s look really good.
Made your gun point upwards?
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 13, 2019, 03:17:29 PM
Back from running around and of course things did not go quickly and no nap time.  Time to compensate with coffee and cigar in the man cave.
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 13, 2019, 03:56:44 PM
Back from running around and of course things did not go quickly and no nap time.  Time to compensate with coffee and cigar in the man cave.
That's a pretty solid Plan B.
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 13, 2019, 04:04:50 PM
Time for a mind-numbing 2-hour training session. Sheesh.
If you listened the first time, you wouldn't have to be retrained.
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 13, 2019, 04:09:25 PM
Back from running around and of course things did not go quickly and no nap time.  Time to compensate with coffee and cigar in the man cave.
Without photographic evidence it didn't happen.
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 13, 2019, 04:11:38 PM
Errands done, Time to rest with a cigar and wait for the rains to come.
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 13, 2019, 04:31:55 PM
Back from running around and of course things did not go quickly and no nap time.  Time to compensate with coffee and cigar in the man cave.
Without photographic evidence it didn't happen.
New phone and don't remember my Tapatalk password.  So GFY.
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 13, 2019, 04:41:57 PM
Back from running around and of course things did not go quickly and no nap time.  Time to compensate with coffee and cigar in the man cave.
Without photographic evidence it didn't happen.
New phone and don't remember my Tapatalk password.  So GFY.
I do it without Tapatalk….sideways, but I do it...
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 13, 2019, 04:46:43 PM
Back from running around and of course things did not go quickly and no nap time.  Time to compensate with coffee and cigar in the man cave.
Without photographic evidence it didn't happen.
New phone and don't remember my Tapatalk password.  So GFY.
I do it without Tapatalk….sideways, but I do it...
Using the browser? Old school!
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 13, 2019, 04:58:45 PM
Back from running around and of course things did not go quickly and no nap time.  Time to compensate with coffee and cigar in the man cave.
Without photographic evidence it didn't happen.
New phone and don't remember my Tapatalk password.  So GFY.
I do it without Tapatalk….sideways, but I do it...
Even I can do that
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 13, 2019, 05:23:07 PM
Back from running around and of course things did not go quickly and no nap time.  Time to compensate with coffee and cigar in the man cave.
Without photographic evidence it didn't happen.
New phone and don't remember my Tapatalk password.  So GFY.
I hear you, brother. Went through that shit a couple of months back. What a pain in the ass.
Title: Re: 8/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 13, 2019, 10:36:42 PM
Pain in the ass lull?