CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on December 03, 2018, 12:00:03 AM

Title: 12/3/2018
Post by: CigarBanter on December 03, 2018, 12:00:03 AM
Monday, already?!? Are there any cigar deals out there today to be had? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... Happy Monday and welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 03, 2018, 01:48:34 AM
Elves. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 03, 2018, 05:20:55 AM
Elves. Sheesh.
Lol, dug the elf out for another year, huh? More power to ya!
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 03, 2018, 05:21:46 AM
When are you going to be able to retire that thing?
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 03, 2018, 05:24:54 AM
Today in History

Today is Monday, Dec. 3, the 337th day of 2018. There are 28 days left in the year.
Today’s Highlights in History:

On Dec. 3, 1984, thousands of people died after a cloud of methyl isocyanate gas escaped from a pesticide plant operated by a Union Carbide subsidiary in Bhopal, India.
On this date:
In 1818, Illinois was admitted as the 21st state.
In 1828, Andrew Jackson was elected president of the United States by the Electoral College.
In 1833, Oberlin College in Ohio — the first truly coeducational school of higher learning in the United States — began holding classes.
In 1926, English mystery writer Agatha Christie, 36, disappeared after driving away from her home in Sunningdale, Berkshire. (Christie turned up 11 days later at a hotel in Harrogate, Yorkshire.)
In 1947, the Tennessee Williams play “A Streetcar Named Desire” opened on Broadway.
In 1964, police arrested some 800 students at the University of California at Berkeley, one day after the students stormed the administration building and staged a massive sit-in.
In 1967, a surgical team in Cape Town, South Africa, led by Dr. Christiaan Barnard (BAHR’-nard) performed the first human heart transplant on Louis Washkansky, who lived 18 days with the donor organ, which came from Denise Darvall, a 25-year-old bank clerk who had died in a traffic accident.
In 1979, 11 people were killed in a crush of fans at Cincinnati’s Riverfront Coliseum, where the British rock group The Who was performing.
In 1980, Bernadine Dohrn, a former leader of the radical Weather Underground, surrendered to authorities in Chicago after more than a decade as a fugitive.
In 1991, radicals in Lebanon released American hostage Alann (cq) Steen, who’d been held captive nearly five years.
In 1992, the first telephone text message was sent by British engineer Neil Papworth, who transmitted the greeting “Merry Christmas” from his work computer in Newbury, Berkshire, to Vodafone executive Richard Jarvis’ mobile phone. The Greek tanker Aegean Sea spilled more than 21 million gallons of crude oil when it ran aground off northwestern Spain.
In 1999, Tori Murden of the United States became the first woman to row across the Atlantic Ocean alone as she arrived at the French Caribbean island of Guadeloupe, 81 days after leaving the Canary Islands near the coast of Africa.
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 03, 2018, 05:25:30 AM
Ten years ago: President-elect Barack Obama selected New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson as his commerce secretary. (However, Richardson withdrew a month later when it appeared his confirmation hearings would be complicated by a grand jury investigation over how state contracts were issued to political donors; Gary Locke ended up being appointed.) Theological conservatives upset by liberal views of U.S. Episcopalians and Canadian Anglicans formed a rival North American province.

Five years ago: Seeking to regroup from his health care law’s disastrous rollout, President Barack Obama insisted the sweeping overhaul was working and warned Republican critics that he would fight any efforts to strip away its protections. A federal judge ruled Detroit could use bankruptcy to cut employee pensions and relieve itself of other crushing debts, handing a defeat to the city’s unions and retirees and shifting the case into a delicate new phase. The Illinois Legislature approved a historic plan to eliminate the state’s $100 billion pension shortfall.

One year ago: The second-largest U.S. drugstore chain, CVS, announced that it was buying Aetna, the third-largest health insurer, in order to push much deeper into customer care. Former longtime Illinois congressman John Anderson, who ran for president as an independent in 1980, died in Washington at the age of 95. A partial implosion of the Silverdome in Pontiac, Michigan, failed to bring down the upper section of the Detroit Lions’ former home; the demolition company handling the project was successful the following day.
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 03, 2018, 05:27:35 AM
Today’s Birthdays:
Movie director Jean-Luc Godard is 88.
Singer Jaye P. Morgan is 87.
Actor Nicolas Coster is 85.
Actress Mary Alice is 77.
Rock singer Ozzy Osbourne is 70.
Rock singer Mickey Thomas is 69.
Country musician Paul Gregg (Restless Heart) is 64.
Actor Steven Culp is 63.
Actress Daryl Hannah is 58.
Actress Julianne Moore is 58.
Olympic gold medal figure skater Katarina Witt is 53.
Actor Brendan Fraser is 50.
Singer Montell Jordan is 50.
Actor Royale Watkins is 49.
Actor Bruno Campos is 45.
Actress Holly Marie Combs is 45.
Actress Liza Lapira is 43.
Actress Lauren Roman is 43.
Pop-rock singer Daniel Bedingfield is 39.
Actress/comedian Tiffany Haddish is 39.
Actress Anna Chlumsky (KLUHM’-skee) is 38.
Actress Jenna Dewan is 38.
Actor Brian Bonsall is 37.
Actress Dascha Polanco is 36.
Pop/rock singer-songwriter Andy Grammer is 35.
Americana musician Michael Calabrese (Lake Street Dive) is 34.
Actress Amanda Seyfried is 33.
Actor Michael Angarano is 31.
Actor Jake T. Austin is 24.
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 03, 2018, 05:28:30 AM
Thought for Today: “The well of Providence is deep. It’s the buckets we bring to it that are small.” — Mary Webb, Scottish religious leader (c.1881-1927).
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 03, 2018, 05:50:51 AM
Morning early posters, happy First Saturday.
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 03, 2018, 05:51:45 AM
When are you going to be able to retire that thing?
I thought he retired his “thing” right after the twins. ;D
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 03, 2018, 05:53:22 AM
Decent offer today at the Sister

La Herencia Cubana CORE Toro (6.5"x52) Pack of 10 for $29.99 FS

https://www.cigar.com/daily-cigar-deal/
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 03, 2018, 06:11:16 AM
good morning guys. I'm not loving this Monday so much.
getting ready to head to Jacksonville.
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 03, 2018, 06:11:42 AM
When are you going to be able to retire that thing?
a 12 ga. will work.
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 03, 2018, 06:34:30 AM
When are you going to be able to retire that thing?
I'm pretty sure my death will come sooner.
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 03, 2018, 06:41:34 AM
When are you going to be able to retire that thing?
I thought he retired his “thing” right after the twins. ;D
The twins are very much still believers and I will retire it after their mom breaks the news to them. They're only 8.
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 03, 2018, 06:43:14 AM
Good morning LTG, BostonDave, SCTex, and Dean.
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 03, 2018, 06:59:51 AM
When are you going to be able to retire that thing?
I thought he retired his “thing” right after the twins. ;D
The twins are very much still believers and I will retire it after their mom breaks the news to them. They're only 8.
We haven't officially told them, but I'm sure my 2 oldest know the truth. Didn't help that "Santa" somehow left an Amazon receipt in one of their boxes last year. Lol

My youngest, who will be 9 in February, is in denial about Santa not being real.
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 03, 2018, 07:04:54 AM
When are you going to be able to retire that thing?
I thought he retired his “thing” right after the twins. ;D
The twins are very much still believers and I will retire it after their mom breaks the news to them. They're only 8.
We haven't officially told them, but I'm sure my 2 oldest know the truth. Didn't help that "Santa" somehow left an Amazon receipt in one of their boxes last year. Lol

My youngest, who will be 9 in February, is in denial about Santa not being real.
My 15 year old hasn't admitted to knowing yet either. I think she's smart to just ride that train for as long as she can. Nothing to gain otherwise.
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 03, 2018, 07:21:55 AM
When are you going to be able to retire that thing?
I thought he retired his “thing” right after the twins. ;D
The twins are very much still believers and I will retire it after their mom breaks the news to them. They're only 8.
We haven't officially told them, but I'm sure my 2 oldest know the truth. Didn't help that "Santa" somehow left an Amazon receipt in one of their boxes last year. Lol

My youngest, who will be 9 in February, is in denial about Santa not being real.
My 15 year old hasn't admitted to knowing yet either. I think she's smart to just ride that train for as long as she can. Nothing to gain otherwise.
My 33 year old has not admitted yet either, ride the train as long as you can.
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 03, 2018, 07:24:24 AM
"when kids stop believing in Santa is when parents should stop buying gifts.", Dean WG Bryant 2018
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 03, 2018, 07:43:28 AM
"when kids stop believing in Santa is when parents should stop buying gifts.", Dean WG Bryant 2018
Hell no, I haven't been buying gifts this long to not get credit once I finally can!
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 03, 2018, 07:47:50 AM
Good morning Daves, Dean, and Mr. Mayor.  Happy Monday!
(https://media1.tenor.com/images/d801bc25daa0b5871e1a672bcedf4f8f/tenor.gif?itemid=4925611)
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 03, 2018, 08:05:23 AM
Good morning Daves, Dean, and Mr. Mayor.  Happy Monday!
(https://media1.tenor.com/images/d801bc25daa0b5871e1a672bcedf4f8f/tenor.gif?itemid=4925611)
Good morning, Mark.
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 03, 2018, 08:45:28 AM
Monday enthusiasm lull.
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 03, 2018, 08:47:08 AM
When are you going to be able to retire that thing?
I thought he retired his “thing” right after the twins. ;D
Well, yea, there's that....
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 03, 2018, 08:48:32 AM
When are you going to be able to retire that thing?
I thought he retired his “thing” right after the twins. ;D
The twins are very much still believers and I will retire it after their mom breaks the news to them. They're only 8.
I've warned my son about getting into that.
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 03, 2018, 08:50:31 AM
Morning ElfinAroundTony, SCDave, HatinMondayDean, IrishBean and ChristmasStoryDave.
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 03, 2018, 08:56:30 AM
"when kids stop believing in Santa is when parents should stop buying gifts.", Dean WG Bryant 2018
You need to attach that DeanGrinch picture with that post.
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 03, 2018, 08:58:47 AM
All looks on time so far. .
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 03, 2018, 09:02:04 AM
All looks on time so far. .
I would expect nothing less on a Monday morning in Newark.

Safe travels, Dave.
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 03, 2018, 09:43:07 AM
When are you going to be able to retire that thing?
I thought he retired his “thing” right after the twins. ;D
The twins are very much still believers and I will retire it after their mom breaks the news to them. They're only 8.
I've warned my son about getting into that.
I think it should be grampa's responsibility.
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 03, 2018, 11:10:29 AM
Grandpa lull.
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 03, 2018, 11:46:37 AM
Followed by lunch lull. It sure has been a Monday around these parts. I'm exhausted already.
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: razgueado on December 03, 2018, 11:49:30 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 03, 2018, 11:58:17 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hope it's gooder for you.
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 03, 2018, 01:46:03 PM
Poor grammar lull?
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 03, 2018, 01:50:09 PM
Poor grammar lull?
Ain't lulled us before.
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 03, 2018, 01:52:50 PM
Poor grammar lull?
Ain't lulled us before.
We'd probably be short 30% of our posts if that was the case.
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 03, 2018, 02:14:07 PM
When are you going to be able to retire that thing?
I thought he retired his “thing” right after the twins. ;D
The twins are very much still believers and I will retire it after their mom breaks the news to them. They're only 8.
I've warned my son about getting into that.
I think it should be grampa's responsibility.
Even I am not that cruel.  I would not introduce that concept.
If I was asked to position the little varmints however, I would be happy to do that, although she would probably not appreciate my choices.
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 03, 2018, 02:18:22 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 03, 2018, 02:20:06 PM
Good Day Mr. Raz.
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 03, 2018, 02:20:46 PM
Later MedalWearinDave.
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 03, 2018, 03:51:18 PM
Grandpa lull.
I resemble that remark.
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 03, 2018, 03:52:27 PM
Poor grammar lull?
Ain't lulled us before.
But pretty much everything else has... ???
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 03, 2018, 03:59:51 PM
Poor grammar lull?
Ain't lulled us before.
But pretty much everything else has... ???
Then perhaps we should discuss a little football game and wager on its outcome.
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 03, 2018, 04:22:25 PM
Coffee and CCA in the man cave.  Like the banter, I'm in need of a mid-afternoon pick-me-up.
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 03, 2018, 04:30:39 PM
Poor grammar lull?
Ain't lulled us before.
But pretty much everything else has... ???
Then perhaps we should discuss a little football game and wager on its outcome.
I thought we had pretty much settled on that already.  Need to finalize ?
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 03, 2018, 04:31:28 PM
Coffee and CCA in the man cave.  Like the banter, I'm in need of a mid-afternoon pick-me-up.
Good idea on the coffee....will need to get back to the hotel for the cigar.
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 03, 2018, 04:51:50 PM
Poor grammar lull?
Ain't lulled us before.
But pretty much everything else has... ???
Then perhaps we should discuss a little football game and wager on its outcome.
I thought we had pretty much settled on that already.  Need to finalize ?
Southern Draw, but which one?  You are more familiar with the line than me. (A statement which applies to just about every stick out there).
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 03, 2018, 05:02:53 PM
Poor grammar lull?
Ain't lulled us before.
But pretty much everything else has... ???
Then perhaps we should discuss a little football game and wager on its outcome.
I thought we had pretty much settled on that already.  Need to finalize ?
Southern Draw, but which one?  You are more familiar with the line than me. (A statement which applies to just about every stick out there).
I've enjoyed all of the ones I've had, but I would go with either Firethorn or Jacobs Ladder.  Toro. perfecto or robusto.
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 03, 2018, 05:35:46 PM
Poor grammar lull?
Ain't lulled us before.
But pretty much everything else has... ???
Then perhaps we should discuss a little football game and wager on its outcome.
I thought we had pretty much settled on that already.  Need to finalize ?
Southern Draw, but which one?  You are more familiar with the line than me. (A statement which applies to just about every stick out there).
I've enjoyed all of the ones I've had, but I would go with either Firethorn or Jacobs Ladder.  Toro. perfecto or robusto.
Hmmm, I don't know which Southern Draw you gave me to smoke, but it was good.  Reading about these two I'd lean toward Firethorn as the double ligero Jacob's Ladder could tend toward the harsh side.  The habano-rosado wrapper on the Firethorn sounds intriguing also. As for vitola, that robusto is good size at 5.5 x 54, but I could go toro also.
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 03, 2018, 06:11:45 PM
Deals From Our Sponsors

Atlantic Cigar Co. — AVO Limited Edition Improvisation LE 2017 (Box of 16, $169.95)
Cigars.com — Dunhill Heritage Robusto Collection (Box of 12, $89.95)
Corona Cigar Co. — La Flor Dominicana “Oro” The Golden Anniversary TAA 2018 (Box of 20, $431.95)
Famous Smoke Shop — Buy 2 Boxes, Get 1 Free
JR Cigar — Iberian Express Muricas Especial (Box of 25, $84.50)
Lighter USA — Colibri Apex ($59)
Serious Cigars — Warped Gran Reserva 1988 (Box of 25, $225)
Thompson Cigar — La Aurora Barrel-Aged Robusto (Box of 20, $49.95)
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 03, 2018, 07:08:03 PM
https://www.tampabay.com/breaking-news/ybor-citys-cigar-heritage-festival-aims-to-keep-cigar-city-smoky-20181202/
Title: Re: 12/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 03, 2018, 07:20:44 PM
Deals From Our Sponsors

Atlantic Cigar Co. — AVO Limited Edition Improvisation LE 2017 (Box of 16, $169.95)
Cigars.com — Dunhill Heritage Robusto Collection (Box of 12, $89.95)
Corona Cigar Co. — La Flor Dominicana “Oro” The Golden Anniversary TAA 2018 (Box of 20, $431.95)
Famous Smoke Shop — Buy 2 Boxes, Get 1 Free
JR Cigar — Iberian Express Muricas Especial (Box of 25, $84.50)
Lighter USA — Colibri Apex ($59)
Serious Cigars — Warped Gran Reserva 1988 (Box of 25, $225)
Thompson Cigar — La Aurora Barrel-Aged Robusto (Box of 20, $49.95)
That reminds me that I never received my last order. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't delivered.