CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on March 23, 2020, 12:06:04 AM

Title: 3/23/2020
Post by: CigarBanter on March 23, 2020, 12:06:04 AM
Happy Monday!  Any cigar deals on the various internet sites? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 23, 2020, 05:25:51 AM
Happy Dean Day, all.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 23, 2020, 05:45:00 AM
Oh, and we're jammin' today.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 23, 2020, 06:23:00 AM
Oh, and we're jammin' today.
I think we've been jamming for a few days now.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 23, 2020, 06:23:17 AM
Good morning, LTG.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 23, 2020, 06:24:46 AM
Oh, and we're jammin' today.
I think we've been jamming for a few days now.
Probably no one there to turn it off. Morning, Tony.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 23, 2020, 06:30:53 AM
Governor has shut down all non-essential business starting tonight, for 2 weeks. I gotta say, I didn't vote for the guy, but he's really handling this situation well. I gotta believe that as long as he doesn't sleep with an intern, he's gonna cruise to reelection in a couple years. He is what happens when you actually listen to doctors when making decisions about your constituents.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 23, 2020, 06:34:24 AM
Governor has shut down all non-essential business starting tonight, for 2 weeks. I gotta say, I didn't vote for the guy, but he's really handling this situation well. I gotta believe that as long as he doesn't sleep with an intern, he's gonna cruise to reelection in a couple years. He is what happens when you actually listen to doctors when making decisions about your constituents.
It seems many state governments have stepped up. Local governments too.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 23, 2020, 06:54:53 AM
Governor has shut down all non-essential business starting tonight, for 2 weeks. I gotta say, I didn't vote for the guy, but he's really handling this situation well. I gotta believe that as long as he doesn't sleep with an intern, he's gonna cruise to reelection in a couple years. He is what happens when you actually listen to doctors when making decisions about your constituents.
It seems many state governments have stepped up. Local governments too.
Indeed they have. Once they realized they were on their own in making decisions, they really started to make some good ones.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 23, 2020, 07:02:34 AM
The Mrs was just telling me that some of the cemeteries in the area are no longer accepting visitors at all. If there is to be an interment, the funeral director will meet the cemetery staff at the gates, give them the body, and it will be buried with no family allowed to participate.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 23, 2020, 07:03:03 AM
Wife is dealing with some sort of bronchitis right now. Did a virtual doc appt yesterday, and they said based on her symptoms and her being high risk, they want her to get a coronavirus test. Just waiting on a time and place for that.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 23, 2020, 07:03:53 AM
The Mrs was just telling me that some of the cemeteries in the area are no longer accepting visitors at all. If there is to be an interment, the funeral director will meet the cemetery staff at the gates, give them the body, and it will be buried with no family allowed to participate.
Wow. Guess it makes sense, not wanting people gathered around a plot, crying, blowing their noses and whatnot.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on March 23, 2020, 07:44:17 AM
Happy Dean Day, all.
good morning Dave and Tony. 😊
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on March 23, 2020, 07:51:50 AM
Wife is dealing with some sort of bronchitis right now. Did a virtual doc appt yesterday, and they said based on her symptoms and her being high risk, they want her to get a coronavirus test. Just waiting on a time and place for that.
I don't like the sound of that. will keep you all in my prayers.
other than the redhead I have not had personal contact with another person since last Monday. I'm leery going to the stores. shop mostly at liitle mom and pops. going to have to fill my gas tank soon. smokers cough generates strange looks from people.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: Threebean on March 23, 2020, 07:57:29 AM
Good Morning, NonEssentials.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: Threebean on March 23, 2020, 07:58:07 AM
Governor has shut down all non-essential business starting tonight, for 2 weeks. I gotta say, I didn't vote for the guy, but he's really handling this situation well. I gotta believe that as long as he doesn't sleep with an intern, he's gonna cruise to reelection in a couple years. He is what happens when you actually listen to doctors when making decisions about your constituents.
It seems many state governments have stepped up. Local governments too.
Indeed they have. Once they realized they were on their own in making decisions, they really started to make some good ones.
It's a fine line between flattening the curve and pushing masses of people into poverty.  Might be a case of the cure being worse than the disease.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on March 23, 2020, 07:59:32 AM
Good Morning, NonEssentials.
good morning NoLightsMark.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: bluecollar on March 23, 2020, 08:07:13 AM
Good morning Guys. I will say a prayer for you and your families. I am down to 9 guys for my whole facility to take care of the HVAC operations 24/7. This morning we decided to work as remotely as possible. Making satellite shops and different setups. I think this is going to get worse before it gets better.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 23, 2020, 08:10:44 AM
Wife is dealing with some sort of bronchitis right now. Did a virtual doc appt yesterday, and they said based on her symptoms and her being high risk, they want her to get a coronavirus test. Just waiting on a time and place for that.
Oof. I somehow missed this post. Good luck to all of you.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 23, 2020, 08:11:24 AM
Good morning, Dean, Mark, and Rick.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: Threebean on March 23, 2020, 08:12:40 AM
Good Morning, NonEssentials.
good morning NoLightsMark.
Actually hit two red lights this morning.  WTF, real light traffic, and The Man still gets me.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 23, 2020, 08:13:40 AM
Wife is dealing with some sort of bronchitis right now. Did a virtual doc appt yesterday, and they said based on her symptoms and her being high risk, they want her to get a coronavirus test. Just waiting on a time and place for that.
I don't like the sound of that. will keep you all in my prayers.
other than the redhead I have not had personal contact with another person since last Monday. I'm leery going to the stores. shop mostly at liitle mom and pops. going to have to fill my gas tank soon. smokers cough generates strange looks from people.
No doubt. Go somewhere with a cough these days and they're liable to run you out of there with pitchforks.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 23, 2020, 08:16:43 AM
Governor has shut down all non-essential business starting tonight, for 2 weeks. I gotta say, I didn't vote for the guy, but he's really handling this situation well. I gotta believe that as long as he doesn't sleep with an intern, he's gonna cruise to reelection in a couple years. He is what happens when you actually listen to doctors when making decisions about your constituents.
It seems many state governments have stepped up. Local governments too.
Indeed they have. Once they realized they were on their own in making decisions, they really started to make some good ones.
It's a fine line between flattening the curve and pushing masses of people into poverty.  Might be a case of the cure being worse than the disease.
Well, he IS still Republican. Pushing the little people into poverty is probably still in the back of his mind somewhere. ;)
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 23, 2020, 08:21:24 AM
Sounds like the garbage persons are still essential. Which is good, cause with the kids home all week, my bins were overflowing.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on March 23, 2020, 08:21:59 AM
Good morning Guys. I will say a prayer for you and your families. I am down to 9 guys for my whole facility to take care of the HVAC operations 24/7. This morning we decided to work as remotely as possible. Making satellite shops and different setups. I think this is going to get worse before it gets better.
and I hear you have a snowstorm on it's way.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 23, 2020, 08:32:20 AM
Good morning Guys. I will say a prayer for you and your families. I am down to 9 guys for my whole facility to take care of the HVAC operations 24/7. This morning we decided to work as remotely as possible. Making satellite shops and different setups. I think this is going to get worse before it gets better.
Just make sure your satellite allows cigar smoking and you'll be fine.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 23, 2020, 08:32:46 AM
Good morning Guys. I will say a prayer for you and your families. I am down to 9 guys for my whole facility to take care of the HVAC operations 24/7. This morning we decided to work as remotely as possible. Making satellite shops and different setups. I think this is going to get worse before it gets better.
and I hear you have a snowstorm on it's way.
That might be a blessing in disguise if it helps more people stay home.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 23, 2020, 08:34:54 AM
Good morning Guys. I will say a prayer for you and your families. I am down to 9 guys for my whole facility to take care of the HVAC operations 24/7. This morning we decided to work as remotely as possible. Making satellite shops and different setups. I think this is going to get worse before it gets better.
Just make sure your satellite allows cigar smoking and you'll be fine.
The shops don't even have to permit smoking if he can convince 8 people to keep their mouth shut. :D
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 23, 2020, 08:35:11 AM
Good morning Guys. I will say a prayer for you and your families. I am down to 9 guys for my whole facility to take care of the HVAC operations 24/7. This morning we decided to work as remotely as possible. Making satellite shops and different setups. I think this is going to get worse before it gets better.
and I hear you have a snowstorm on it's way.
That might be a blessing in disguise if it helps more people stay home.
Just some flurries here so far.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on March 23, 2020, 08:37:26 AM
Wife is dealing with some sort of bronchitis right now. Did a virtual doc appt yesterday, and they said based on her symptoms and her being high risk, they want her to get a coronavirus test. Just waiting on a time and place for that.
I don't like the sound of that. will keep you all in my prayers.
other than the redhead I have not had personal contact with another person since last Monday. I'm leery going to the stores. shop mostly at liitle mom and pops. going to have to fill my gas tank soon. smokers cough generates strange looks from people.
No doubt. Go somewhere with a cough these days and they're liable to run you out of there with pitchforks.
and I'm going to need to get coffee sometime today, a few more cigars, and gas.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: Threebean on March 23, 2020, 08:40:33 AM
Governor has shut down all non-essential business starting tonight, for 2 weeks. I gotta say, I didn't vote for the guy, but he's really handling this situation well. I gotta believe that as long as he doesn't sleep with an intern, he's gonna cruise to reelection in a couple years. He is what happens when you actually listen to doctors when making decisions about your constituents.
It seems many state governments have stepped up. Local governments too.
Indeed they have. Once they realized they were on their own in making decisions, they really started to make some good ones.
It's a fine line between flattening the curve and pushing masses of people into poverty.  Might be a case of the cure being worse than the disease.
Well, he IS still Republican. Pushing the little people into poverty is probably still in the back of his mind somewhere. ;)
::)
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: Threebean on March 23, 2020, 08:42:13 AM
Heading out to a site visit.  Got my six foot pole, so all set.  See ya'll later.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 23, 2020, 08:42:42 AM
Oh, and we're jammin' today.
I think we've been jamming for a few days now.
Well, two...
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 23, 2020, 08:44:04 AM
Wife is dealing with some sort of bronchitis right now. Did a virtual doc appt yesterday, and they said based on her symptoms and her being high risk, they want her to get a coronavirus test. Just waiting on a time and place for that.
Good thoughts with that Dave.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 23, 2020, 08:45:32 AM
Governor has shut down all non-essential business starting tonight, for 2 weeks. I gotta say, I didn't vote for the guy, but he's really handling this situation well. I gotta believe that as long as he doesn't sleep with an intern, he's gonna cruise to reelection in a couple years. He is what happens when you actually listen to doctors when making decisions about your constituents.
It seems many state governments have stepped up. Local governments too.
Indeed they have. Once they realized they were on their own in making decisions, they really started to make some good ones.
It's a fine line between flattening the curve and pushing masses of people into poverty.  Might be a case of the cure being worse than the disease.
I'm with you there.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 23, 2020, 08:48:37 AM
Heading out to a site visit.  Got my six foot pole, so all set.  See ya'll later.
Site remains open?

Then again, construction work around here bustling along as normal.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 23, 2020, 08:50:35 AM
Today is Monday, March 23, the 83rd day of 2020. There are 283 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On March 23, 1933, the German Reichstag adopted the Enabling Act, which effectively granted Adolf Hitler dictatorial powers.

On this date:
In 1775, Patrick Henry delivered an address to the Virginia Provincial Convention in which he is said to have declared, “Give me liberty, or give me death!”
In 1792, Joseph Haydn’s Symphony No. 94 in G Major (the “Surprise” symphony) had its first public performance in London.
In 1806, explorers Meriwether Lewis and William Clark, having reached the Pacific coast, began their journey back east.
In 1919, Benito Mussolini founded his Fascist political movement in Milan, Italy.

In 1942, the first Japanese-Americans evacuated by the U.S. Army during World War II arrived at the internment camp in Manzanar, California.
In 1956, Pakistan became an Islamic republic.
In 1965, America’s first two-person space mission took place as Gemini 3 blasted off with astronauts Virgil I. “Gus” Grissom and John W. Young aboard for a nearly 5-hour flight.

In 1990, the romantic comedy “Pretty Woman,” starring Richard Gere and Julia Roberts, was released by Buena Vista Pictures.
In 1993, scientists announced they’d found the renegade gene that causes Huntington’s disease.
In 2003, during the Iraq War, a U.S. Army maintenance convoy was ambushed in Nasiriyah (nah-sih-REE’-uh); 11 soldiers were killed, including Pfc. Lori Ann Piestewa (py-ES’-tuh-wah); six were captured, including Pfc. Jessica Lynch, who was rescued on April 1, 2003.

In 2005, truck driver Tyrone Williams was convicted in federal court in Houston for his role in the 2003 deaths of 19 immigrants he was smuggling across Texas. (After initially receiving a life sentence, Williams was resentenced in Jan. 2011 to nearly 34 years in prison.)
In 2011, Academy Award-winning actress Elizabeth Taylor died in Los Angeles at age 79.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 23, 2020, 08:51:22 AM
Ten years ago: Claiming a historic triumph, President Barack Obama signed a $938 billion health care overhaul, declaring “a new season in America.” President Obama and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu met in an unusual pair of low-profile meetings at the White House amid a serious dispute about settlement construction. The National Football League changed its overtime rules for playoff games.

Five years ago: Sen. Ted Cruz launched his bid for the Republican presidential nomination at Liberty University, a Christian school in Lynchburg, Virginia, founded by the late Rev. Jerry Falwell. Lee Kuan Yew, the founder of modern Singapore who was feared for his authoritarian tactics and admired worldwide for turning the city-state into one of the world’s richest nations while in power for 31 years, died at age 91.

One year ago: U.S.-backed forces declared military victory over the Islamic State group in Syria after capturing the last pocket of territory that had been held by the militants. New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft issued an apology after being charged in a Florida massage parlor prostitution investigation. Rescue workers off Norway’s western coast evacuated 1,300 passengers and crew from a disabled cruise ship by helicopter, lifting them to safety one-by-one as waves tossed the ship from side to side.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 23, 2020, 08:53:58 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Movie director Mark Rydell is 91.
International Motorsports Hall of Famer Craig Breedlove is 83.
Former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson is 68.
Singer Chaka Khan is 67.
Actress Amanda Plummer is 63.
Actress Catherine Keener is 61.
Actress Hope Davis is 56.
Actor Richard Grieco is 55.
Country musician Kevin Griffin (Yankee Grey) is 55.
Actress Marin Hinkle is 54.
Rock singer-musician Damon Albarn (Blur) is 52.
Actor Kelly Perine is 51.
Actress-singer Melissa Errico is 50.
Rock musician John Humphrey (The Nixons) is 50.
Bandleader Reggie Watts (TV: “The Late Late Show With James Corden”) is 48.
Actor Randall Park is 46.
Actress Michelle Monaghan is 44.
Actress Keri Russell is 44.
Actress Anastasia Griffith is 42.
Gossip columnist-blogger Perez Hilton is 42.
Actress Nicholle Tom is 42.
Country singer Paul Martin (Marshall Dyllon) is 42.
Country singer Brett Young is 39.
Actor Nicolas Wright is 38.
Actor Ben Rappaport is 34.
NBA point guard Kyrie Irving is 28.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 23, 2020, 08:54:31 AM
Thought for Today: “When people say, ‘She’s got everything,’ I’ve got one answer [–] I haven’t had tomorrow.” [–] Elizabeth Taylor (1932-2011).
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 23, 2020, 08:56:35 AM
It appears that in many cases, early Corona virus infection causes loss of smell and taste.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/22/health/coronavirus-symptoms-smell-taste.html
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 23, 2020, 09:02:05 AM
Wife is dealing with some sort of bronchitis right now. Did a virtual doc appt yesterday, and they said based on her symptoms and her being high risk, they want her to get a coronavirus test. Just waiting on a time and place for that.
I don't like the sound of that. will keep you all in my prayers.
other than the redhead I have not had personal contact with another person since last Monday. I'm leery going to the stores. shop mostly at liitle mom and pops. going to have to fill my gas tank soon. smokers cough generates strange looks from people.
No doubt. Go somewhere with a cough these days and they're liable to run you out of there with pitchforks.
and I'm going to need to get coffee sometime today, a few more cigars, and gas.
It's been two weeks since I've had to put gas in my car. One of the bright spots here, I suppose.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 23, 2020, 09:02:35 AM
It appears that in many cases, early Corona virus infection causes loss of smell and taste.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/22/health/coronavirus-symptoms-smell-taste.html
Yeah, but that's coming from the NYT, so, you know, #fakenews.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 23, 2020, 09:15:02 AM
Heading out to a site visit.  Got my six foot pole, so all set.  See ya'll later.
Life must go on. Be careful out there, Mark.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 23, 2020, 09:24:09 AM
It appears that in many cases, early Corona virus infection causes loss of smell and taste.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/22/health/coronavirus-symptoms-smell-taste.html
Be careful with COVID-19 websites you might visit. My understanding is that the majority of them are installing spyware and viruses on your computers (upwards of 90% of the sites). For example, at the office they were providing links that appeared to be from Johns Hopkins and they were not legit. We had to go around and disinfect a bunch of computers on the network.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 23, 2020, 09:25:29 AM
@Travellin Dave: How's your daughter doing on the front lines?
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 23, 2020, 10:10:03 AM
Gotta figure out how to bill the board of ed for my desktop support services.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on March 23, 2020, 10:15:38 AM
Gotta figure out how to bill the board of ed for my desktop support services.
next years tax write off.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 23, 2020, 10:16:26 AM
Gotta figure out how to bill the board of ed for my desktop support services.
CNS
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 23, 2020, 10:18:42 AM
Makes sense doesn't it. Those sites are probably getting as much action as porn sites currently.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 23, 2020, 10:19:59 AM
A bit stressed, but those people have a different mindset thank God.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 23, 2020, 10:21:28 AM
A bit stressed, but those people have a different mindset thank God.
God bless her.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on March 23, 2020, 10:27:42 AM
DOMINICAN CIGAR INDUSTRY SHUTS DOWN DUE TO CORONAVIRUS (UPDATE)

https://halfwheel.com/dominican-cigar-industry-prepares-for-challenges-amidst-covid-19-pandemic/374241/
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 23, 2020, 10:28:28 AM
A bit stressed, but those people have a different mindset thank God.
Thanks for asking.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on March 23, 2020, 10:31:11 AM
DREW ESTATE POSTPONES FLORIDA BARN SMOKER 2020 DUE TO COVID-19
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on March 23, 2020, 10:32:02 AM
ALL CIGAR FACTORIES IN HONDURAS CLOSED THIS WEEK DUE TO CORONAVIRUS
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on March 23, 2020, 10:32:50 AM
TEXAS CIGAR FESTIVAL 2020 POSTPONED UNTIL AUGUST

https://halfwheel.com/texas-cigar-festival-postponed-until-august/374221/
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on March 23, 2020, 10:33:51 AM
Deals From Sponsors We Don't Have

Atlantic Cigar Co. — Aquitaine Mandible Mastodon (Box of 24, $216)
Cigar Hustler — Crux Limitada RedLine (Box of 10, $108)
Corona Cigar Co. — Little Boris (Pack of 5, $61)
Famous Smoke Shop — Gilberto Oliva Reserva Corona (Box of 20, $62.95)
JR Cigars — $20 OFf, $50 Off, $90 Off
Luis Martinez — Arturo Fuente Cafe Cubano K-Cups ($15.95)
STOGIES World Class Cigars — H-Town 5-Count Sampler (Sampler of 5, $39.49)
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 23, 2020, 10:35:13 AM
ALL CIGAR FACTORIES IN HONDURAS CLOSED THIS WEEK DUE TO CORONAVIRUS
Well I'm prepared. Willing to help out BOTLs in desperate need (not with TP however)
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on March 23, 2020, 10:38:27 AM
the Villages now has golf cart drive thru for COVID-19 testing.
WTF
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 23, 2020, 10:40:27 AM
the Villages now has golf cart drive thru for COVID-19 testing.
WTF
Florida!
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 23, 2020, 10:40:41 AM
ALL CIGAR FACTORIES IN HONDURAS CLOSED THIS WEEK DUE TO CORONAVIRUS
Well I'm prepared. Willing to help out BOTLs in desperate need (not with TP however)
Gotta draw the line somewhere.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 23, 2020, 10:51:03 AM
the Villages now has golf cart drive thru for COVID-19 testing.
WTF
Speaking of golf carts, son went out on the local course Saturday.  Only allowed 1 person per cart, removed all ball washers. Otherwise, it was fairly crowded.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 23, 2020, 10:53:55 AM
Cooper is with his dad this week, but still wanted to say hi.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 23, 2020, 10:55:51 AM
San Lotano on a rainy damp morning.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on March 23, 2020, 10:57:28 AM
the Villages now has golf cart drive thru for COVID-19 testing.
WTF
Speaking of golf carts, son went out on the local course Saturday.  Only allowed 1 person per cart, removed all ball washers. Otherwise, it was fairly crowded.
there are still a few courses open here and the guys I normally golf with are playing without me.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on March 23, 2020, 10:59:08 AM
San Lotano on a rainy damp morning.
nice tanning weather here.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 23, 2020, 11:01:02 AM
Just received an email from the high/middle schools that a parent of one of the students is the first confirmed case of COVID-19 in the community.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 23, 2020, 11:10:07 AM
Just received an email from the high/middle schools that a parent of one of the students is the first confirmed case of COVID-19 in the community.
D'oh!
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 23, 2020, 11:10:27 AM
San Lotano on a rainy damp morning.
That's a nice pic of the neighborhood.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 23, 2020, 11:49:59 AM
Cooper is with his dad this week, but still wanted to say hi.
Cooper should have stayed with granddad as part of his social distancing. I'm assuming your son is quarantined at home?
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on March 23, 2020, 11:51:20 AM
during a stay at home order, how do you get food and supplies?
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 23, 2020, 11:52:26 AM
during a stay at home order, how do you get food and supplies?
Hold your breath.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 23, 2020, 11:53:14 AM
during a stay at home order, how do you get food and supplies?
Hold your breath.
But seriously, you're still allowed for essentials, like food. Even the liquor stores are considered essential, which is especially good at times like this.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 23, 2020, 11:56:58 AM
during a stay at home order, how do you get food and supplies?
Hold your breath.
But seriously, you're still allowed for essentials, like food. Even the liquor stores are considered essential, which is especially good at times like this.
I found that and the dispensaries especially interesting, also.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on March 23, 2020, 12:02:48 PM
during a stay at home order, how do you get food and supplies?
Hold your breath.
But seriously, you're still allowed for essentials, like food. Even the liquor stores are considered essential, which is especially good at times like this.
no need for booze but I do rely on the ABC store for cigars now and then.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 23, 2020, 12:06:00 PM
during a stay at home order, how do you get food and supplies?
Hold your breath.
But seriously, you're still allowed for essentials, like food. Even the liquor stores are considered essential, which is especially good at times like this.
I found that and the dispensaries especially interesting, also.
Only the essentials needed to get through this!
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 23, 2020, 12:08:23 PM
during a stay at home order, how do you get food and supplies?
Hold your breath.
But seriously, you're still allowed for essentials, like food. Even the liquor stores are considered essential, which is especially good at times like this.
I found that and the dispensaries especially interesting, also.
Only the essentials needed to get through this!
I guess so.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on March 23, 2020, 12:33:58 PM
time for sun, cigar, coffee, hottub, and repeat.
Vitamin D is suppose to be good for fighting COVID-19.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 23, 2020, 01:50:56 PM
time for sun, cigar, coffee, hottub, and repeat.
Vitamin D is suppose to be good for fighting COVID-19.
I ain't getting any of that today.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 23, 2020, 01:57:39 PM
time for sun, cigar, coffee, hottub, and repeat.
Vitamin D is suppose to be good for fighting COVID-19.
I ain't getting any of that today.
Might get a cigar later, but that's my only option. Been cloudy and rainy all day, doesn't show any signs of letting up. Though, took the kids to a park yesterday so we could all get a bit of fresh air and exercise.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 23, 2020, 02:16:30 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: Threebean on March 23, 2020, 02:18:17 PM
time for sun, cigar, coffee, hottub, and repeat.
Vitamin D is suppose to be good for fighting COVID-19.
I ain't getting any of that today.
TWHS
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 23, 2020, 02:39:00 PM
San Lotano on a rainy damp morning.
That's a nice pic of the neighborhood.
Well, you've seen the cigar enough times.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 23, 2020, 02:40:26 PM
Hazzuh!
Are you still supposed to Hazzuh from home?
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 23, 2020, 02:42:25 PM
Cooper is with his dad this week, but still wanted to say hi.
Cooper should have stayed with granddad as part of his social distancing. I'm assuming your son is quarantined at home?
No, working M,W,F.  Has a work from home lady friend seeing to him on those days.  Was disappointed in his potty traning transfer to the apartment, so felt he needed to get better acclimated.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 23, 2020, 03:26:11 PM
Cooper is with his dad this week, but still wanted to say hi.
Cooper should have stayed with granddad as part of his social distancing. I'm assuming your son is quarantined at home?
No, working M,W,F.  Has a work from home lady friend seeing to him on those days.  Was disappointed in his potty traning transfer to the apartment, so felt he needed to get better acclimated.
So you were doing a bad job and were fired?
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 23, 2020, 03:27:36 PM
time for sun, cigar, coffee, hottub, and repeat.
Vitamin D is suppose to be good for fighting COVID-19.
I ain't getting any of that today.
TWHS
I noticed I left that dangling, after the fact.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 23, 2020, 03:27:43 PM
time for sun, cigar, coffee, hottub, and repeat.
Vitamin D is suppose to be good for fighting COVID-19.
I ain't getting any of that today.
TWHS
I noticed I left that dangling, after the fact.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 23, 2020, 03:31:38 PM
Cooper is with his dad this week, but still wanted to say hi.
Cooper should have stayed with granddad as part of his social distancing. I'm assuming your son is quarantined at home?
No, working M,W,F.  Has a work from home lady friend seeing to him on those days.  Was disappointed in his potty traning transfer to the apartment, so felt he needed to get better acclimated.
So you were doing a bad job and were fired?
Or maybe too good a job.  He was considering this home.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 23, 2020, 03:32:16 PM
time for sun, cigar, coffee, hottub, and repeat.
Vitamin D is suppose to be good for fighting COVID-19.
I ain't getting any of that today.
TWHS
I noticed I left that dangling, after the fact.
So you have two dangles?
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 23, 2020, 03:36:19 PM
time for sun, cigar, coffee, hottub, and repeat.
Vitamin D is suppose to be good for fighting COVID-19.
I ain't getting any of that today.
TWHS
I noticed I left that dangling, after the fact.
So you have two dangles?
Technically three but you might count the twins as one.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: Threebean on March 23, 2020, 03:57:17 PM
In the man cave with coffee
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200323/6a0962bb77a4b32994f27da16cd3776d.jpg)
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 23, 2020, 04:57:50 PM
Coffee myself, but giving this Sor Ella a try. Sounds like one of Dean's redheads...
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on March 23, 2020, 05:01:16 PM
Coffee myself, but giving this Sor Ella a try. Sounds like one of Dean's redheads...
🤣🤣🤣🤣
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 23, 2020, 05:46:19 PM
Coffee myself, but giving this Sor Ella a try. Sounds like one of Dean's redheads...
That's funny. I had not heard of this one. Sorella means sister and it looks like the same band used by the Fratello, which incidentally means brother. I've enjoyed some of the Fratellos I have tried. Looking forward to trying this one.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on March 23, 2020, 06:11:47 PM
Coffee myself, but giving this Sor Ella a try. Sounds like one of Dean's redheads...
That's funny. I had not heard of this one. Sorella means sister and it looks like the same band used by the Fratello, which incidentally means brother. I've enjoyed some of the Fratellos I have tried. Looking forward to trying this one.
I'm almost always into trying a new redhead myself.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 23, 2020, 06:33:58 PM
Coffee myself, but giving this Sor Ella a try. Sounds like one of Dean's redheads...
That's funny. I had not heard of this one. Sorella means sister and it looks like the same band used by the Fratello, which incidentally means brother. I've enjoyed some of the Fratellos I have tried. Looking forward to trying this one.
It is by Fratello. Flavors didnt stand out and draw was tighter than I like, even though it was a bit spongy. Smoke production was very average.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 23, 2020, 06:36:35 PM
Florida has put a mandatory 14 day quarantine on anyone arriving from NY and NJ.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 23, 2020, 06:51:39 PM
Coffee myself, but giving this Sor Ella a try. Sounds like one of Dean's redheads...
That's funny. I had not heard of this one. Sorella means sister and it looks like the same band used by the Fratello, which incidentally means brother. I've enjoyed some of the Fratellos I have tried. Looking forward to trying this one.
It is by Fratello. Flavors didnt stand out and draw was tighter than I like, even though it was a bit spongy. Smoke production was very average.
Interesting. Thanks for sharing. I find Fratellos to be very hit or miss.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 23, 2020, 08:46:25 PM
Coffee with a Le Careme.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 23, 2020, 09:35:45 PM
Coffee with a Le Careme.
It's not as purple as we're used to seeing it.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 23, 2020, 10:35:08 PM
Finishing the evening with an E. Carrera.  Very tasty and creamy so far.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 23, 2020, 10:36:00 PM
Finishing the evening with an E. Carrera.  Very tasty and creamy so far.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 23, 2020, 10:38:27 PM
Coffee with a Le Careme.
It's not as purple as we're used to seeing it.
That's because the porch lights are on.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 23, 2020, 10:59:40 PM
Finishing the evening with an E. Carrera.  Very tasty and creamy so far.
This one is more purpley.
Title: Re: 3/23/2020
Post by: Threebean on March 23, 2020, 11:04:23 PM
Finishing the evening with an E. Carrera.  Very tasty and creamy so far.
This one is more purpley.
TWSS