CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on May 12, 2019, 12:02:19 AM

Title: 5/12/2019
Post by: CigarBanter on May 12, 2019, 12:02:19 AM
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 12, 2019, 05:02:27 AM
Happy Motherfucker's Day!
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 12, 2019, 05:17:50 AM
Happy Motherfucker's Day!
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 12, 2019, 05:18:18 AM
Morning Mayor T
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 12, 2019, 05:19:40 AM
Morning, Cuban is served
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 12, 2019, 05:22:27 AM
Mothers Day Crawfish Boil was a big hit, everybody enjoyed themselves.  Had some left which will be my dinner tonight.
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 12, 2019, 05:27:36 AM
One more Mothers Day event to go, Brunch @ 10:30 to include in-laws elderly Grandmothers, ages 92 & 98.  They live in a nursing home here but are still able to go out with some assistance.
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 12, 2019, 06:43:48 AM
A Mother Load of SHEESH!
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on May 12, 2019, 06:54:37 AM
good morning Dave and Tony.
Happy Mother's Day you mothers.
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 12, 2019, 06:56:12 AM
Morning, Cuban is served
I see you have my cup poured as well.  Thanks!
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 12, 2019, 06:58:26 AM
Morning SCDave, TonyTheGrump and BackInTheSaddleDean.
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 12, 2019, 06:59:57 AM
Room 101 Farce up on the Sis.  Not a bad price, but not as good as when they offered it for under $100 last time.
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 12, 2019, 07:02:13 AM
Today is Sunday, May 12, the 132nd day of 2019. There are 233 days left in the year.

Today's Highlights in History:
On May 12, 1949, the Soviet Union lifted the Berlin Blockade, which the Western powers had succeeded in circumventing with their Berlin Airlift.

On this date:
In 1780, during the Revolutionary War, the besieged city of Charleston, South Carolina, surrendered to British forces.
In 1932, the body of Charles Lindbergh Jr., the 20-month-old kidnapped son of Charles and Anne Lindbergh, was found in a wooded area near Hopewell, New Jersey.
In 1937, Britain's King George VI was crowned at Westminster Abbey; his wife, Elizabeth, was crowned as queen consort.
In 1943, during World War II, Axis forces in North Africa surrendered. The two-week Trident Conference, headed by President Franklin D. Roosevelt and British Prime Minister Winston Churchill, opened in Washington.
In 1955, Manhattan's last elevated rail line, the Third Avenue El, ceased operation.
In 1958, the United States and Canada signed an agreement to create the North American Air Defense Command (later the North American Aerospace Defense Command, or NORAD).
In 1978, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration said that hurricanes would no longer be given only female names.
In 1982, in Fatima, Portugal, security guards overpowered a Spanish priest armed with a bayonet who attacked Pope John Paul II. (In 2008, the pope's longtime private secretary revealed that the pontiff was slightly wounded in the assault.)
In 2002, Jimmy Carter arrived in Cuba, becoming the first U.S. president in or out of office to visit since the 1959 revolution that put Fidel Castro in power.
In 2003, the Texas House ground to a standstill after 51 Democratic lawmakers left the state in a dispute over a Republican congressional redistricting plan. (The Democrats returned four days later from Oklahoma, having succeeded in killing the bill.)
In 2008, a devastating 7.9 magnitude earthquake in China's Sichuan province left more than 87,000 people dead or missing.
In 2017, dozens of countries were hit with a huge cyberextortion attack that locked up computers and held users' files for ransom at a multitude of hospitals, companies and government agencies.
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 12, 2019, 07:02:40 AM
Ten years ago: Five Miami men were convicted in a plot to blow up FBI buildings and Chicago's Sears Tower; one man was acquitted. Suspected Nazi death camp guard John Demjanjuk was deported from the United States to Germany. On the second day of his Holy Land tour, Pope Benedict XVI took his message of peace to the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem.

Five years ago: Scientists expressed concern during a NASA news conference over a pair of studies which said the huge West Antarctic ice sheet was starting a glacially slow collapse in an unstoppable way, a melt that could eventually add 4 to 12 feet to current sea levels.

One year ago: North Korea said it would dismantle its nuclear test site later in the month, in what analysts described as a mostly symbolic event that wouldn't represent a material step toward denuclearization. Iraq held its first elections since the collapse of the Islamic State group; there was a record-low turnout for balloting that saw the political coalition of Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr win the most seats in parliament without capturing a majority.
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 12, 2019, 07:04:36 AM
Today's Birthdays:

Critic John Simon is 94.
Composer Burt Bacharach is 91.
Actress Millie Perkins is 83.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Jayotis Washington is 78.
Country singer Billy Swan is 77.
Actress Linda Dano is 76.
Actress Lindsay Crouse is 71.
Singer-musician Steve Winwood is 71.
Actor Gabriel Byrne is 69.
Actor Bruce Boxleitner is 69.
Singer Billy Squier is 69.
Blues singer-musician Guy Davis is 67.
Country singer Kix Brooks is 64.
Actress Kim Greist is 61.
Rock musician Eric Singer (KISS) is 61.
Actor Ving Rhames is 60.
Rock musician Billy Duffy is 58.
Actor Emilio Estevez is 57.
Actress April Grace is 57.
Actress Vanessa A. Williams is 56.
TV personality/chef Carla Hall is 55.
Country musician Eddie Kilgallon is 54.
Actor Stephen Baldwin is 53.
Actor Scott Schwartz is 51.
Actress Kim Fields is 50.
Actress Samantha Mathis is 49.
Actress Jamie Luner is 48.
Actor Christian Campbell is 47.
Actress Rhea Seehorn is 47.
Actor Mackenzie Astin is 46.
Country musician Matt Mangano (The Zac Brown Band) is 43.
Actress Rebecca Herbst is 42.
Actress Malin (MAH'-lin) Akerman is 41.
Actor Jason Biggs is 41.
Actor Rami Malek (RAH'-mee MA'-lihk) is 38.
Actress-singer Clare Bowen is 35.
Actress Emily VanCamp is 33.
Actor Malcolm David Kelley is 27.
Actor Sullivan Sweeten is 24.
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 12, 2019, 07:05:09 AM
Thought for Today: "We are taught you must blame your father, your sisters, your brothers, the school, the teachers — but never blame yourself. It's never your fault. But it's always your fault, because if you wanted to change you're the one who has got to change." — Katharine Hepburn, American actress (born this date in 1907, died 2003).
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 12, 2019, 07:08:36 AM
good morning Dave and Tony.
Happy Mother's Day you mothers.
Morning Dean’O & UpStateDave
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 12, 2019, 07:09:11 AM
Morning, Cuban is served
I see you have my cup poured as well.  Thanks!
You are welcome, enjoy
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 12, 2019, 07:10:06 AM
Some Mothers Day thoughts:

Rita Rudner
My mother is such a lousy cook that Thanksgiving at her house is a time of sorrow.

Mark Twain
My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it.

Dan Quayle
Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child.

Phyllis Diller
It would seem that something which means poverty, disorder, and violence every single day should be avoided entirely. But the desire to beget children is a natural urge.

Kin Hubbard
The worst feature of a new baby is its mother's singing.

Louie Anderson
My mom was a garage sale person, save money. Come on into the garage sale, you might find a shirt. She'd get in that garage sale and point stuff out to you. There's a good fork for a nickel. Yeah, that's beautiful. It's a little high. If it were three cents I'd snap it up.

Oscar Wilde
All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.

Paula Poundstone
My mom said she learned how to swim. Someone took her out in the lake and threw her off the boat. That's how she learned how to swim. I said, 'Mom, they weren't trying to teach you how to swim.'

Tim Allen
My mom said the only reason men are alive is for lawn care and vehicle maintenance.

Dame Edna Everage
My mother used to say that there are no strangers, only friends you haven't met yet. She's now in a maximum security twilight home in Australia.

Rita Rudner
Neurotics build castles in the air; psychotics live in them. My mother cleans them.
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on May 12, 2019, 07:12:58 AM
Morning SCDave, TonyTheGrump and BackInTheSaddleDean.
morning Dave.
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 12, 2019, 07:33:54 AM
I like seeing the news published in a straight forward manner for a change!

Key West man crashes his boat, injuring two passengers. He was drunk, Coast Guard says

Using language straight out a Hollywood action movie, the U.S. Coast Guard said it has “terminated the voyage” of a 20-foot vessel after its boater crashed into a navigational light in the Florida Keys.

Two passengers were injured, while another was ejected into the water, the Coast Guard said.

The crash happened Friday night when Kevin Scott Lancaster’s console boat with eight people on board crashed into Garrison Bight Channel Light #3, near Fleming Key.
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 12, 2019, 08:24:21 AM
Thought for Today: "We are taught you must blame your father, your sisters, your brothers, the school, the teachers — but never blame yourself. It's never your fault. But it's always your fault, because if you wanted to change you're the one who has got to change." — Katharine Hepburn, American actress (born this date in 1907, died 2003).
Interesting that mother was left out of the blame game scenario.
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 12, 2019, 08:46:25 AM
Storming like a son beach here.
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 12, 2019, 09:13:45 AM
Time to ready for the brunch.

Thankfully the storm has moved on across and starting to clear up.  Just some very light rain falling now.
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on May 12, 2019, 10:25:22 AM
just finished bacon and eggs.
need more food stuffs. happens when I shop without a list.
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on May 12, 2019, 12:38:33 PM
now shopping is done for days.
taking the new redhead to the beach later this afternoon. drum circle night for the month.
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 12, 2019, 02:07:07 PM
Time to ready for the brunch.

Thankfully the storm has moved on across and starting to clear up.  Just some very light rain falling now.
Fabulous brunch, big selection of choices.  Some of the highlights included Beef Tenderloin, Grilled Salmon, Steamed Shrimp, Oysters on the Half Shell, Grilled Vegetables, Fresh Spring Mix Salad with goat cheese and balsamic dressing and pretty much any breakfast item you could think of.  Two outstanding items were a Squash & Shrimp Casserole and a Hash Brown Potato Casserole.  10 Desserts to choose from and I went with Creme Brûlée Cheesecake and it was certainly a fine choice.  Add to all that, it was all you can eat too.  Even better, it was at a private golf club and not crowded. But it still gets even better - IT WAS FREE!
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 12, 2019, 02:07:37 PM
It has started storming here again.
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 12, 2019, 02:17:42 PM
Thought for Today: "We are taught you must blame your father, your sisters, your brothers, the school, the teachers — but never blame yourself. It's never your fault. But it's always your fault, because if you wanted to change you're the one who has got to change." — Katharine Hepburn, American actress (born this date in 1907, died 2003).
Interesting that mother was left out of the blame game scenario.
They would never accept it anyway.
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 12, 2019, 02:18:46 PM
Still pouring here, been coming down solidly all day.
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 12, 2019, 02:21:03 PM
Peggy Lipton of "Mod Squad" fame has died at 72.
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 12, 2019, 02:21:29 PM
Still pouring here, been coming down solidly all day.
And I just got the email from the coach that our game is on. Another fun game in the pouring rain, yay!
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 12, 2019, 02:24:05 PM
Guardian of the Farm compliments of the BOTL Retirement Committee cut and ready for when the lightning subsides.  Should not be too long.
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 12, 2019, 02:24:46 PM
Still pouring here, been coming down solidly all day.
And I just got the email from the coach that our game is on. Another fun game in the pouring rain, yay!
Don’t that just suck!
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on May 12, 2019, 02:25:13 PM
Time to ready for the brunch.

Thankfully the storm has moved on across and starting to clear up.  Just some very light rain falling now.
Fabulous brunch, big selection of choices.  Some of the highlights included Beef Tenderloin, Grilled Salmon, Steamed Shrimp, Oysters on the Half Shell, Grilled Vegetables, Fresh Spring Mix Salad with goat cheese and balsamic dressing and pretty much any breakfast item you could think of.  Two outstanding items were a Squash & Shrimp Casserole and a Hash Brown Potato Casserole.  10 Desserts to choose from and I went with Creme Brûlée Cheesecake and it was certainly a fine choice.  Add to all that, it was all you can eat too.  Even better, it was at a private golf club and not crowded. But it still gets even better - IT WAS FREE!
WOW!free is good.
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 12, 2019, 02:32:17 PM
OK, lighting has moved out over the ocean, time for some 🔥
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 12, 2019, 02:33:29 PM
Time to ready for the brunch.

Thankfully the storm has moved on across and starting to clear up.  Just some very light rain falling now.
Fabulous brunch, big selection of choices.  Some of the highlights included Beef Tenderloin, Grilled Salmon, Steamed Shrimp, Oysters on the Half Shell, Grilled Vegetables, Fresh Spring Mix Salad with goat cheese and balsamic dressing and pretty much any breakfast item you could think of.  Two outstanding items were a Squash & Shrimp Casserole and a Hash Brown Potato Casserole.  10 Desserts to choose from and I went with Creme Brûlée Cheesecake and it was certainly a fine choice.  Add to all that, it was all you can eat too.  Even better, it was at a private golf club and not crowded. But it still gets even better - IT WAS FREE!
WOW!free is good.
It's not really free. He had previously paid for it and was using some credits.
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 12, 2019, 02:38:13 PM
[...]

The Lawyer and his BIL hosted but given what we paid out for education to make him a lawyer  I guess your analysis is correct.
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 12, 2019, 02:39:54 PM
Sunday eh from SBC...

Sunday Funday!
Starting now until midnight enjoy one special on three categories!

Camacho
Casa Turrent
Joya de Nicaragua

CODE: SUNDAY = 39% off plus 5% reward points on categories above.
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 12, 2019, 02:39:54 PM
[...]

Precisely as expected. Sounds like a nice time anyway.
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 12, 2019, 02:43:14 PM
OK, lighting has moved out over the ocean, time for some 🔥
Cold and still raining like hell, but garage is dry.  Think I'll join you.
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 12, 2019, 02:45:32 PM
[...]

It was a great time, it is such a blessing having wonderful in-laws to enjoy holidays and other special days with.  Much easier on all the kids quality of life too.
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 12, 2019, 02:46:17 PM
OK, lighting has moved out over the ocean, time for some 🔥
Cold and still raining like hell, but garage is dry.  Think I'll join you.
Pull up a chair and lets us pour ourselves  a sip.
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 12, 2019, 02:47:23 PM
OK, lighting has moved out over the ocean, time for some 🔥
Cold and still raining like hell, but garage is dry.  Think I'll join you.
Probably will be short term since it is still thundering but the sun is coming out now
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 12, 2019, 02:57:55 PM
[...]

In fact, this was really a great 3 day weekend for us.
Title: Re: 5/12/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 12, 2019, 04:51:18 PM
[...]

Never a bad reason to celebrate family and friends.