CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on October 09, 2020, 12:57:39 AM

Title: 10/9/2020
Post by: CigarBanter on October 09, 2020, 12:57:39 AM
It's Friday! Any deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on October 09, 2020, 05:25:13 AM
good morning Banter.
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on October 09, 2020, 05:26:20 AM
Rick should have slept well last night.
could of sworn I heard a sigh of relief from up north.
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2020, 05:56:18 AM
Good morning, Dean.
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on October 09, 2020, 05:58:51 AM
Good morning, Dean.
good morning Tony. how are you this fine Friday?
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2020, 05:59:32 AM
Rick should have slept well last night.
could of sworn I heard a sigh of relief from up north.
I don't know about that. He was starting to look into the cigar auction sites and that's a whole other mess.
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2020, 06:01:14 AM
Good morning, Dean.
good morning Tony. how are you this fine Friday?
I'm physically well so I won't complain. Work is a whole other story. I feel like I can never catch up.
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2020, 06:13:03 AM
It's a nipply 44° at the moment.
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 09, 2020, 06:25:08 AM
Rick should have slept well last night.
could of sworn I heard a sigh of relief from up north.
I don't know about that. He was starting to look into the cigar auction sites and that's a whole other mess.
That's a rabbit hole that claims many a good man.
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2020, 06:37:49 AM
Rick should have slept well last night.
could of sworn I heard a sigh of relief from up north.
I don't know about that. He was starting to look into the cigar auction sites and that's a whole other mess.
That's a rabbit hole that claims many a good man.
Indeed. Good morning, Dave.
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on October 09, 2020, 07:32:00 AM
good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on October 09, 2020, 07:32:31 AM
It's a nipply 44° at the moment.
nipply is always a good thing.
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 09, 2020, 07:51:11 AM
It's a nipply 44° at the moment.
nipply is always a good thing.
The banter was quite nipply yesterday.
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2020, 08:34:18 AM
It's a nipply 44° at the moment.
nipply is always a good thing.
The banter was quite nipply yesterday.
Very true. But envision this...

I just brought my sons to school and didn't wear a jacket. These puppies aren't going down anytime soon.
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: Threebean on October 09, 2020, 09:11:49 AM
It's a nipply 44° at the moment.
nipply is always a good thing.
The banter was quite nipply yesterday.
Very true. But envision this...

I just brought my sons to school and didn't wear a jacket. These puppies aren't going down anytime soon.
Not the visual I needed this early in the day.
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 09, 2020, 09:12:48 AM
It's a nipply 44° at the moment.
nipply is always a good thing.
The banter was quite nipply yesterday.
Very true. But envision this...

I just brought my sons to school and didn't wear a jacket. These puppies aren't going down anytime soon.
Not the visual I needed this early in the day.
Or any time of the day, really.
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: Threebean on October 09, 2020, 09:14:29 AM
Good morning FirstDave, ChestPatchDean, and PokieTony.  All green lights this morning.  Oh yeah.
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: Threebean on October 09, 2020, 09:15:13 AM
It's a nipply 44° at the moment.
nipply is always a good thing.
The banter was quite nipply yesterday.
Very true. But envision this...

I just brought my sons to school and didn't wear a jacket. These puppies aren't going down anytime soon.
Not the visual I needed this early in the day.
Or any time of the day, really.
Indeed.  Let's hope Oy is not lurking, I haven't had breakfast yet.
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 09, 2020, 09:18:04 AM
Good morning FirstDave, ChestPatchDean, and PokieTony.  All green lights this morning.  Oh yeah.
Sounds like a great Friday is in store for you.
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2020, 09:53:13 AM
Good morning FirstDave, ChestPatchDean, and PokieTony.  All green lights this morning.  Oh yeah.
Sounds like a great Friday is in store for you.
I hope a great Friday is in store for all of us on here. Stress has been through the roof. I need time with a cigar in the worst way.
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2020, 09:53:29 AM
Good morning FirstDave, ChestPatchDean, and PokieTony.  All green lights this morning.  Oh yeah.
Good morning, Bean.
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2020, 09:55:31 AM
I'm just taking my first sip of hot coffee now and it is fabulous. I'm ready to call it a day.
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 09, 2020, 09:57:10 AM
I'm just taking my first sip of hot coffee now and it is fabulous. I'm ready to call it a day.
Just knocked out a cup of Irish breakfast tea. No additional Irish enhancements, however.
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2020, 10:16:42 AM
Rick should have slept well last night.
could of sworn I heard a sigh of relief from up north.
I don't know about that. He was starting to look into the cigar auction sites and that's a whole other mess.
That's a rabbit hole that claims many a good man.
...and some not so great ones.... ;D
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 09, 2020, 10:17:29 AM
Rick should have slept well last night.
could of sworn I heard a sigh of relief from up north.
I don't know about that. He was starting to look into the cigar auction sites and that's a whole other mess.
That's a rabbit hole that claims many a good man.
...and some not so great ones.... ;D
Oh yeah, I didn't mean anyone here, I just assumed it happened. ;)
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2020, 10:19:42 AM
Good morning FirstDave, ChestPatchDean, and PokieTony.  All green lights this morning.  Oh yeah.
Sounds like a great Friday is in store for you.
I hope a great Friday is in store for all of us on here. Stress has been through the roof. I need time with a cigar in the worst way.
Aren't you working from home?  You could go outside RIGHT NOW and have one!
Your stress would go way down and productivity up if you enjoyed a stick or two during the workday.
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2020, 10:20:25 AM
I'm just taking my first sip of hot coffee now and it is fabulous. I'm ready to call it a day.
Just knocked out a cup of Irish breakfast tea. No additional Irish enhancements, however.
Then it wasn't really Irish!   ;D
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2020, 10:22:15 AM
Morning GlassCuttersTony, TanLinesDean, FlyChasinDave and Mr. GreenBean.
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2020, 10:23:33 AM
Looking like tomorrow's game might come close to the Notre Dame Hurricane Bowl weatherwise.
I will be watching it from the comfy confines of the White Whale Inn.
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2020, 10:28:00 AM
Today is Friday, Oct. 9, the 283rd day of 2020.
There are 83 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On Oct. 9, 1936, the first generator at Boulder (later Hoover) Dam began transmitting electricity to Los Angeles.

On this date:
In 1888, the public was first admitted to the Washington Monument.
In 1910, a coal dust explosion at the Starkville Mine in Colorado left 56 miners dead.
In 1914, the Belgian city of Antwerp fell to German forces during World War I.

In 1967, Marxist revolutionary guerrilla leader Che Guevara, 39, was summarily executed by the Bolivian army a day after his capture.
In 1974, businessman Oskar Schindler, credited with saving about 1,200 Jews during the Holocaust, died in Frankfurt, West Germany (at his request, he was buried in Jerusalem).
In 1985, the hijackers of the Achille Lauro (ah-KEE’-leh LOW’-roh) cruise liner surrendered two days after seizing the vessel in the Mediterranean. (Passenger Leon Klinghoffer was killed by the hijackers during the standoff.)

In 2001, in the first daylight raids since the start of U.S.-led attacks on Afghanistan, jets bombed the Taliban stronghold of Kandahar. Letters postmarked in Trenton, N.J., were sent to Sens. Tom Daschle and Patrick Leahy; the letters later tested positive for anthrax.
In 2009, President Barack Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize for what the Norwegian Nobel Committee called “his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples.”
In 2012, former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky was sentenced to 30 to 60 years in prison following his conviction on 45 counts of sexual abuse of boys.

In 2014, six U.S. military planes arrived in the Ebola hot zone with more Marines as West African leaders pleaded for the world’s help in dealing with what Sierra Leone President Ernest Bai Koroma described as “a tragedy unforeseen in modern times.”
In 2016, During a bitter debate in St. Louis, Hillary Clinton declared that Donald Trump’s vulgar comments about women revealed “exactly who he is” and proved his unsuitability to be president; firing back, Trump accused Clinton of attacking women involved in Bill Clinton’s extramarital affairs and promised she would “be in jail” if he were president.
In 2018, Brett Kavanaugh took the bench for the first time as a Supreme Court justice in a jovial atmosphere that was at odds with the rancor that surrounded his confirmation.
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2020, 10:28:58 AM
Ten years ago: Chile’s 33 trapped miners cheered and embraced each other as a drill punched into their underground chamber where they had been stuck for an agonizing 66 days. The International Monetary Fund wrapped up two days of talks in Washington without resolving deep differences over currency movements. A crush of fans circled a flower-graced mosaic in Central Park’s Strawberry Fields and sang lyrics from “Imagine” to honor John Lennon on his 70th birthday.

Five years ago: President Barack Obama visited Roseburg, Oregon, the scene of a community college shooting that had claimed the lives of nine victims as well as the gunman; the president met with victims’ relatives, but also faced protests from legal gun owners. A democracy group, the Tunisian National Dialogue Quartet, won the Nobel Peace Prize for its contributions to the first and most successful Arab Spring movement. Former British Treasury chief and foreign secretary Geoffrey Howe, 88, died in Warwickshire, England.

One year ago: Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden said for the first time that President Donald Trump must be impeached for abusing the powers of his office to help his own reelection. Turkey launched airstrikes, fired artillery and began a ground offensive against Kurdish fighters in northern Syria after U.S. troops pulled back from the area. A heavily-armed man tried to force his way into a synagogue in Germany on Yom Kippur, Judaism’s holiest day, then shot two people to death nearby in an attack that was livestreamed on a gaming site. (The suspect was arrested about 1 [1/2] hours after the attack and is charged with murder and attempted murder.) The Nobel Prize in chemistry was awarded to three scientists, including American John Goodenough, for their work on lithium-ion batteries.
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2020, 10:32:04 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Retired MLB All-Star Joe Pepitone is 80.
Former Sen. Trent Lott, R-Miss., is 79.
C-SPAN founder Brian Lamb is 79.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Nona Hendryx is 76.
Singer Jackson Browne is 72.
Nobel Peace laureate Jody Williams is 70.
Actor Gary Frank is 70.
Actor Richard Chaves is 69.
Actor Robert Wuhl is 69.
Actor-TV personality Sharon Osbourne is 68.
Actor Tony Shalhoub is 67.
Actor Scott Bakula is 66.
Musician James Fearnley (The Pogues) is 66.
Actor John O’Hurley is 66.
Writer-producer-director-actor Linwood Boomer is 65.
Pro and College Football Hall of Famer Mike Singletary is 62.
Actor Michael Pare is 62.
Jazz musician Kenny Garrett is 60.
Rock singer-musician Kurt Neumann (The BoDeans) is 59.
Country singer Gary Bennett is 56.
Movie director Guillermo del Toro is 56.
Former British Prime Minister David Cameron is 54.
Singer P.J. Harvey is 51.
Movie director Steve McQueen (Film: “12 Years a Slave”) is 51.
World Golf Hall of Famer Annika Sorenstam is 50.
Actor Cocoa Brown is 48.
Country singer Tommy Shane Steiner is 47.
Actor Steve Burns is 47.
Rock singer Sean Lennon is 45.
Actor Randy Spelling is 42.
Christian hip-hop artist Lecrae is 41. Actor Brandon Routh is 41.
Actor Zachery Ty Bryan is 39.
Actor Spencer Grammer is 37.
Comedian Melissa Villasenor (TV: “Saturday Night Live”) is 33.
Actor Tyler James Williams is 28.
Country singer Scotty McCreery (TV: “American Idol”) is 27.
Actor Jharrel Jerome is 23.
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2020, 10:36:51 AM
I don't understand how you are voting absentee by going to a polling place, standing in line and feeding your ballot into a counting machine... :-\  Isn't that just early voting?
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 09, 2020, 11:10:44 AM
I don't understand how you are voting absentee by going to a polling place, standing in line and feeding your ballot into a counting machine... :-\  Isn't that just early voting?
Sure sounds like it.
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2020, 11:28:12 AM
I don't understand how you are voting absentee by going to a polling place, standing in line and feeding your ballot into a counting machine... :-  Isn't that just early voting?
Sure sounds like it.
I'm so worried about this because I believe it will be easily contestable. For example, I know of two instances where people got ballots mailed to them in two different counties; current and former address.
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 09, 2020, 12:09:07 PM
I don't understand how you are voting absentee by going to a polling place, standing in line and feeding your ballot into a counting machine... :-  Isn't that just early voting?
Sure sounds like it.
I'm so worried about this because I believe it will be easily contestable. For example, I know of two instances where people got ballots mailed to them in two different counties; current and former address.
It seems highly unlikely to be settled on Election Night, that's for sure. I wonder if there's a correlation between that and trying to jam in a new judge to the SC so quickly? Hmmm...
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2020, 12:11:54 PM
I don't understand how you are voting absentee by going to a polling place, standing in line and feeding your ballot into a counting machine... :-  Isn't that just early voting?
Sure sounds like it.
I'm so worried about this because I believe it will be easily contestable. For example, I know of two instances where people got ballots mailed to them in two different counties; current and former address.
It seems highly unlikely to be settled on Election Night, that's for sure. I wonder if there's a correlation between that and trying to jam in a new judge to the SC so quickly? Hmmm...
This is already a shitshow and it will be interesting to see how it ends.
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 09, 2020, 12:14:54 PM
I don't understand how you are voting absentee by going to a polling place, standing in line and feeding your ballot into a counting machine... :-  Isn't that just early voting?
Sure sounds like it.
I'm so worried about this because I believe it will be easily contestable. For example, I know of two instances where people got ballots mailed to them in two different counties; current and former address.
It seems highly unlikely to be settled on Election Night, that's for sure. I wonder if there's a correlation between that and trying to jam in a new judge to the SC so quickly? Hmmm...
This is already a shitshow and it will be interesting to see how it ends.
Interesting is not the adjective I'd use, but to each his own.
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2020, 12:26:20 PM
I don't understand how you are voting absentee by going to a polling place, standing in line and feeding your ballot into a counting machine... :-  Isn't that just early voting?
Sure sounds like it.
I'm so worried about this because I believe it will be easily contestable. For example, I know of two instances where people got ballots mailed to them in two different counties; current and former address.
It seems highly unlikely to be settled on Election Night, that's for sure. I wonder if there's a correlation between that and trying to jam in a new judge to the SC so quickly? Hmmm...
This is already a shitshow and it will be interesting to see how it ends.
Interesting is not the adjective I'd use, but to each his own.
I'm sure it will be an entirely appropriate ending for 2020.   :o
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2020, 12:28:14 PM
I don't understand how you are voting absentee by going to a polling place, standing in line and feeding your ballot into a counting machine... :-  Isn't that just early voting?
Sure sounds like it.
I'm so worried about this because I believe it will be easily contestable. For example, I know of two instances where people got ballots mailed to them in two different counties; current and former address.
That's no different than it's been for 30 years.  He will try, but I think it will be very difficult to sucessfully contest.  No court is going to accept going forward on gut feelings and Trumpf reality.
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2020, 12:52:26 PM
I don't understand how you are voting absentee by going to a polling place, standing in line and feeding your ballot into a counting machine... :-  Isn't that just early voting?
Sure sounds like it.
I'm so worried about this because I believe it will be easily contestable. For example, I know of two instances where people got ballots mailed to them in two different counties; current and former address.
It seems highly unlikely to be settled on Election Night, that's for sure. I wonder if there's a correlation between that and trying to jam in a new judge to the SC so quickly? Hmmm...
This is already a shitshow and it will be interesting to see how it ends.
Interesting is not the adjective I'd use, but to each his own.
I'm sure it will be an entirely appropriate ending for 2020.   :o
That's an even scarier thought.
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2020, 12:57:27 PM
I don't understand how you are voting absentee by going to a polling place, standing in line and feeding your ballot into a counting machine... :-  Isn't that just early voting?
Sure sounds like it.
I'm so worried about this because I believe it will be easily contestable. For example, I know of two instances where people got ballots mailed to them in two different counties; current and former address.
That's no different than it's been for 30 years.  He will try, but I think it will be very difficult to sucessfully contest.  No court is going to accept going forward on gut feelings and Trumpf reality.
The difference that I can see is that previously, you had to request the mail-in ballot. Now if more than one shows up without you asking for it, you could be tempted to submit all of them.
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2020, 01:13:13 PM
I don't understand how you are voting absentee by going to a polling place, standing in line and feeding your ballot into a counting machine... :-  Isn't that just early voting?
Sure sounds like it.
I'm so worried about this because I believe it will be easily contestable. For example, I know of two instances where people got ballots mailed to them in two different counties; current and former address.
That's no different than it's been for 30 years.  He will try, but I think it will be very difficult to sucessfully contest.  No court is going to accept going forward on gut feelings and Trumpf reality.
The difference that I can see is that previously, you had to request the mail-in ballot. Now if more than one shows up without you asking for it, you could be tempted to submit all of them.
And with the current climate, they'd lock your ass up!
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2020, 01:14:40 PM
Speaking of shitshow, what happened to the banter today?
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 09, 2020, 01:16:11 PM
Speaking of shitshow, what happened to the banter today?
I didn't start it this time!
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 09, 2020, 01:16:42 PM
I don't understand how you are voting absentee by going to a polling place, standing in line and feeding your ballot into a counting machine... :-  Isn't that just early voting?
Sure sounds like it.
I'm so worried about this because I believe it will be easily contestable. For example, I know of two instances where people got ballots mailed to them in two different counties; current and former address.
It seems highly unlikely to be settled on Election Night, that's for sure. I wonder if there's a correlation between that and trying to jam in a new judge to the SC so quickly? Hmmm...
This is already a shitshow and it will be interesting to see how it ends.
Interesting is not the adjective I'd use, but to each his own.
I'm sure it will be an entirely appropriate ending for 2020.   :o
Lol, well, THAT much is true!
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2020, 01:27:56 PM
Speaking of shitshow, what happened to the banter today?
What do you mean? Page 4 already!
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 09, 2020, 02:15:55 PM
Speaking of shitshow, what happened to the banter today?
What do you mean? Page 4 already!
That must mean it's hazzuh time!
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2020, 02:34:43 PM
Hazzuh you say?
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2020, 02:41:44 PM
Todays offering from SBC

Friday Special!
Starting now until midnight enjoy one special on three categories!

Crowned Heads
Dunbarton
Paul Garmirian

CODE: FRIDAY = 17% off plus 5% reward points on categories above
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2020, 03:38:16 PM
Whitey Ford, Yankee great dead at 91.
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: Threebean on October 09, 2020, 03:57:47 PM
Todays offering from SBC

Friday Special!
Starting now until midnight enjoy one special on three categories!

Crowned Heads
Dunbarton
Paul Garmirian

CODE: FRIDAY = 17% off plus 5% reward points on categories above
(https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/55108519.jpg)
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: Threebean on October 09, 2020, 04:07:15 PM
With coffee in the man cave
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201009/0782810a52d83122d76e816af75a3f32.jpg)
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2020, 04:54:52 PM
Whitey Ford, Yankee great dead at 91.
RIP Whitey Ford. Just shy of his 92nd.
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on October 09, 2020, 06:41:08 PM
37 years! River drive, brisket fries and a nice cigar.
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2020, 08:03:25 PM
37 years! River drive, brisket fries and a nice cigar.
All the basic food groups appear to be represented!
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2020, 08:12:27 PM
Into the evening. Yes Tony, I know it is not lit...
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 09, 2020, 08:12:55 PM
Find out in a few hours if my flag stays up or comes down.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201010/426fc01943e91e393c4c68791b22cb8f.jpg)
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2020, 10:28:42 PM
Find out in a few hours if my flag stays up or comes down.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201010/426fc01943e91e393c4c68791b22cb8f.jpg)
You might have to move it to half mast.
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2020, 10:49:37 PM
Boy that truly was disappointing. One run in the 8th made all the difference.
Title: Re: 10/9/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 09, 2020, 10:56:16 PM
Boy that truly was disappointing. One run in the 8th made all the difference.
Yeah it hurts but exciting it was. I'm glad we still have/had our sports with what a messed up year it's been. I'll post a new flag tomorrow.